THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 18:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: red vs blue  (Read 4365 times)

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
red vs blue
« on: 16 Aug 2005, 14:31 »

I wasn't sure if this goes here or the movies forum, since it's a movie about a videogame...

I just found out that the red vs blue guys are screening Season 3 down the street from where I work, here in Lincoln Center.  I don't know how many of you live in New York, and of those how many are game geeks, but if you want to see the show this Sunday evening you better go online and order your tickets.

http://www.filmlinc.com/wrt/programs/8-2005/redvsblue3.htm

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
red vs blue
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2005, 06:45 »

I apologize for the bump, since it appears nobody cares, but the show was fun, aside from the fact that all the fan-boys in the audience kept reciting the lines.  Seriously, this kid right behind me kept whispering lines immediately before characters say them.  I'm like, "I get it, you know what the characters are going to say.  I've seen all the episodes too, but unlike you I am not an ass-hat (or, in keeping with the setting, a cock-bite.)"  Obviously nobody was reciting lines during the premiere of episode 58 (the first episode of season 4.)

When I shook Gus/Simmons' hand I recognized his shirt, but it didn't actually dawn on me until I reached the subway.  He was wearing a "monkeys are good people" shirt from Diesel Sweeties.

The part of the evening I was most caught off-guard by was the woman who plays Tex.  She totally did not fit in with that crew: a statuesque blonde wearing pastel colored clothing.  The cynical part of me had an almost immediate notion upon seeing her that Microsoft sent Rooster Teeth a spare booth babe to excite the nerdy male fans, and that she's not really Tex (or at least wasn't the original Tex.)  Indeed, while Gus seemed quite happy to have her around (she sat on his lap during the signing after the show,) Matt was visibly annoyed when she was talking.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
red vs blue
« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2005, 08:23 »

I've never seen any of them, I think I meant to make that comment last time I was on. That's good the show was fun.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
red vs blue
« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2005, 10:13 »

A pity post?  Ah man, I suck at this "internet" thing.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
red vs blue
« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2005, 12:01 »

It's the inertnet now.  Similes of highways and such nots to make one think they're going places while on their asses.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
red vs blue
« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2005, 20:17 »

I <3 red vs blue, and wished I was there to see the screening.

Oldschoolstylee

red vs blue
« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2005, 04:22 »

I love red vs blue.

The funniest one has to be the real life compared to the internet one.

Inanimate Object

• Balloon animal serial killer
    • http://www.psptown.com
red vs blue
« Reply #7 on: 23 Aug 2005, 05:54 »

I made a mental note to post here, but my brother just left for college today (:() so things have been a little hectic around here.

I've seen a couple episodes of Red vs Blue. It's pretty funny stuff. I haven't really watched enough to get hooked, but I enjoy it when I'm bored and have nothing better to do. It's cool watching how they do it. It's very well done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up