THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When in Doubt... Replay Final Fantasy 6 (or 3)  (Read 5474 times)

ASturge

When in Doubt... Replay Final Fantasy 6 (or 3)
« on: 19 Jul 2005, 08:59 »

Seriously, that game ruled.

I must have completed it so many times but whenever im bored, it's always there for me. Like a good whore or a dog.

It has the best characters seen in any game. The best villain (Kefka was so brilliantly psycotic) and an epic-as-fuck plot

If you haven't played this game, head on down to

www.romnation.net

and download it. When it asks for you to vote, just dont. It says the game file will be corrupted, but it wont!!!!

-Sturge

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2005, 09:15 »

woo! links to piracy! or something!

But ff6 was the best. especially Kefka. How can you compete against a villian who poisons and burns towns and whatnot!
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Malphas

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2005, 09:23 »

That game did indeed rule.  I've played it 50 bagillion times.  I've even played http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1870">Awful Fantasy most of the way through.  If you're a fan of SA and FF6, give this one a try.  

TACO

Freezey

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2005, 16:20 »

ah yes. That game has gotton me through some boring days.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul 2005, 15:05 »

That game pretty much had the single best moment in any game ever.

Just...the first time you realize that Kefka WON. WOO!
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

twentyfour

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2005, 06:31 »

gotta love that laugh

MoiraFae

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2005, 04:27 »

I <3 FF6!!!

... So there.

Merkava

« Reply #7 on: 14 Aug 2005, 19:38 »

SO overrated. It's become merely a scapegoat for "oldschool gamers" to use to look cool while dissing FFVII.

The game was ok, but not that great, IMO. Kefka was seriously lame, but you know, mabe I perfer villains to make sense and all of that nonsense. Personally, I got bored after the story fell apart in the middle. It was really good up until then, though.

Tearon

« Reply #8 on: 15 Aug 2005, 10:10 »

Kefka was the basic personality model for Sephiroth, psychotic and evil to the core. Burns and kills without remorse. Sephiroth just added badass to the mix.

Try this: FFX style graphics, unaltered FFVI plot, FFVII materia system.
Best game ever.

Also, I do not feel FFVI is overrated, although II, III, and V most certainly are. IV was good but I found it a bit odd for some reason.

Merkava

« Reply #9 on: 16 Aug 2005, 12:20 »

Uh...none of those games are overrated because none of them were ever rated very high. II and V were considered black sheeps of the series, and III never made it here.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #10 on: 16 Aug 2005, 15:23 »

Quote from: Merkava
SO overrated. It's become merely a scapegoat for "oldschool gamers" to use to look cool while dissing FFVII.

The game was ok, but not that great, IMO. Kefka was seriously lame, but you know, mabe I perfer villains to make sense and all of that nonsense. Personally, I got bored after the story fell apart in the middle. It was really good up until then, though.

What in tarnation have you been smoking?  Kefka was a megalomaniac, that's not too hard to grasp, I'd like to think.

Opinions may differ and wossnots.  I think the last two, 10 and 10-2 are tedious.  Honestly, I'd like to see the finale of the Final Fantasy series.  Only horror movies and Rocky should be allowed to rack up that sizable of a franchise.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #11 on: 16 Aug 2005, 17:11 »

^ and megaman ;D

Mr Blue Sky

« Reply #12 on: 16 Aug 2005, 19:14 »

FFX was good, I loved the summon system. The ninth was really nice until my disk 3 started skipping and I never went past that point. VII and VI were nice games, but both sortof got lost in the plot at the middle breaking points (world of ruins and Aeris' death).

Merkava

« Reply #13 on: 19 Aug 2005, 13:38 »

Kefka was just some random megalomaniac. That's it. There was no reason for him to be in the story at all. He had no reason to exist and be a villain. Mabe I prefer substance over shock value. For that, I'm sorry.

FFVI was the one that got imploded on itself, IMO. The plot just STOPS at the World of Ruin. STOPS. Not good.

Well, whatever, I've trolled enough, I'd say.
Pages: [1]   Go Up