THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Indie band shirts  (Read 9301 times)

alic3sw0nd3rland

Indie band shirts
« on: 22 Jul 2005, 17:28 »

Finding indie band shirts is so hard for me. So I finally give up does anyone know any good online stores that sell indie band shirts?
I've had good luck with like label sites, but not good enough. So any help appreciated.

Praeserpium Machinarum

Indie band shirts
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2005, 17:36 »

this is a bit ethnic(as in skandinavian) but vibrashop.com is a decent one, this is the one I am getting asap:

sp2

Indie band shirts
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2005, 18:30 »

The obvious answer: get them at concerts.

Threatis

Indie band shirts
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2005, 03:50 »

Quote from: sp2
The obvious answer: get them at concerts.

the obvious answer to your answer.

sometimes your favorite band doesn't come close to your city

QHD

Indie band shirts
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2005, 04:24 »

If you haven't seen them live, you have no right to wear the shirt.
That is like wearing Nam medals because you were in favour of Nam.
WERE YOU IN FAVOUR OF NAM? I THINK NOT
[/my inner deadly serious elitist opinion of people who wear shirts for bands they never saw]

Meanwhile... I guess you could always try each band's website individually. If they don't have them, send the band an e-mail. Otherwise you're wearing unofficial merch - that's like spitting in the face of the band you are supposed to like. Spitting and face.

Threatis

Indie band shirts
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2005, 04:59 »

Quote from: QHD
If you haven't seen them live, you have no right to wear the shirt.
That is like wearing Nam medals because you were in favour of Nam.
WERE YOU IN FAVOUR OF NAM? I THINK NOT
[/my inner deadly serious elitist opinion of people who wear shirts for bands they never saw]

Meanwhile... I guess you could always try each band's website individually. If they don't have them, send the band an e-mail. Otherwise you're wearing unofficial merch - that's like spitting in the face of the band you are supposed to like. Spitting and face.

yet AGAIN, what if you didn;t get a chance to see a band? I wouldn't give flak to a 16 year old for wearing a Dead Kennedy's shirt, I'd shake their hand for knowing GOOD music.

This elitist shit over shirts has to stop, seriously. It's a garment, get over it.

salada

• Curry sauce
Indie band shirts
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2005, 06:35 »

a friend of mine screenprinted his own public enemy t-shirts for himself and all the crew he was at the gig with. and they got him up on stage for a bit.

spit that in the face!

ASturge

Indie band shirts
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2005, 07:55 »

How do you do that?

I got Goingooo from Bigger Then Cheeses to send me one of his comics in insane resolution so i could make a custom shirt...

But i have no idea how to go about it.

Any help?

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Indie band shirts
« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2005, 08:10 »

Quote from: Threatis

yet AGAIN, what if you didn;t get a chance to see a band? I wouldn't give flak to a 16 year old for wearing a Dead Kennedy's shirt, I'd shake their hand for knowing GOOD music.

What if they saw them live in the Post-Biafra stage?

One of my substitue teachers wore a DK shirt. It ruled.

Although I do agree: Stop with the elitism. There's no reason why you couldn't wear the shirt if you haven't seen them live, as long as you listen to them. Unlike all those kids who buy the fake Ramones shirts at Hot TOpic after hearing "I wanna Be Sedated".  Seriously, stop it kiddies. The Ramones are not cool.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Indie band shirts
« Reply #9 on: 23 Jul 2005, 08:25 »

A lot of my favourite bands are broken up, dead, in prison(!) or don't tour the UK.

Jeez, guess I should any like bands from the Isle of Wight.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
Indie band shirts
« Reply #10 on: 23 Jul 2005, 08:27 »

A lot of my favourite bands are broken up, dead, in prison(!) or don't tour the UK.

Jeez, guess I should any like bands from the Isle of Wight.

I mean, Darkthrone don't play live at all, except one gig in the early nineties so, everyone who's ever worn a Darkthrone shirt ever, who wasn't at that one gig back when they were a death metal band, is a total poser.

Oh come off it. I get shitty when people wear the shirt to the gig, but that's just retarded.
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

sp2

Indie band shirts
« Reply #11 on: 23 Jul 2005, 08:49 »

Aargh.  I said "at the show" because that's the obvious place to find shirts, especially from bands that aren't mainstream indie.  Otherwise, go to their website, and maybe you'll find shirts there.  Or design your own and either screenprint them or stencil and spraypaint them.  Ebay, of course, is that last resort that you really shouldn't use if you have any self-respect, but you might might MIGHT find a shirt on there occasionally.

Hmm.

As for concerts and such, maybe we could set up some sort of thing where we can pick up shirts for each other at concerts we go to.  I mean, if someone sent me enough cash to buy a shirt and send it to them,  I'd have no problem picking them up a shirt at a show and sending them back the change.  Since we already have an upcoming shows thread, we could really easily work that in.

Interest anyone?

kikanjuuneko

Indie band shirts
« Reply #12 on: 23 Jul 2005, 10:12 »

That'd be awesome, although I doubt I'd get anything out of it, because let's face it, how many of you kids go to hardcore shows?

Azathoth

Indie band shirts
« Reply #13 on: 23 Jul 2005, 10:32 »

Quote from: KharBevNor

Who knew? Khar likes rap!

Ebay is a great place for shirts of bands who are long defunct.

sp2

Indie band shirts
« Reply #14 on: 23 Jul 2005, 12:45 »

Quote from: kikanjuuneko
That'd be awesome, although I doubt I'd get anything out of it, because let's face it, how many of you kids go to hardcore shows?

I go to local hardcore.

Threatis

Indie band shirts
« Reply #15 on: 23 Jul 2005, 14:44 »

I only go to Hardcore shows if the bands been around a while. I grew up on Hardcore, but I cant get into the newer stuff.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
Indie band shirts
« Reply #16 on: 23 Jul 2005, 14:46 »

Quote from: Azathoth

Who knew? Khar likes rap!

Psssh. All my imprisoned favourites went down for burning down slews of churches, stabbing people in the head, and desecrating graves.

Jon Nodtveidt got convicted for Murder and 2000 counts of grave desecration. Hell, where do you even find the time to desecrate that many graves? What a legend. Pity the stuff he made after coming out of prison sucked total ass.

Threatis

Indie band shirts
« Reply #17 on: 23 Jul 2005, 14:50 »

man i believe at the point that a musician starts desecrating graves, i stop listening. (i kid, I kid)

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Indie band shirts
« Reply #18 on: 23 Jul 2005, 17:08 »

Jon Nodtveidt got convicted for Murder and 2000 counts of grave desecration. Hell, where do you even find the time to desecrate that many graves? What a legend. Pity the stuff he made after coming out of prison sucked total ass.

He makes those guys from Mayhem look like kittens. woo!
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

soap

Indie band shirts
« Reply #19 on: 24 Jul 2005, 05:05 »

a few years back when i was at school the "rock set" was so small and elitist, not that we knew it (we were only like 15 or so) and we had sort of , well , rules for merchandise ... seriously ... we didn't want to be associated with people who were jus jumping on the trend by buying band shirts to look cool.

i think it was shirts are only allowed if it was from a show or you've got their album(s) and stuff like badges were acceptable if you really like them but they didn't have much out or it was really hard to get hold of their stuff.

of course, now i realise how stupid it all is -  it was like "this is our identity you guys can keep well away!"

teenagers can be so silly ...

kikanjuuneko

Indie band shirts
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jul 2005, 09:15 »

Jon Nodtveidt got convicted for Murder and 2000 counts of grave desecration. Hell, where do you even find the time to desecrate that many graves?

This is a job for... Math-Man!

SpacemanSpiff

Indie band shirts
« Reply #21 on: 24 Jul 2005, 09:36 »

Um ... Steve Albini?

kidd o

Indie band shirts
« Reply #22 on: 24 Jul 2005, 14:01 »

I don't begrudge others the right to wear any kind of shirt that they like but I personally won't wear a shirt of a band I haven't seen in concert.  I don't remember really picking the habbit up anywhere but each shirt I have has a special meaning and story behind it.  I guess it's the experience of buying the shirt *very often* from the band themselves.

But if you're looking for a good site I know a cat out of new orleans that has great stuff:

www.kulturevulture.com

SpacemanSpiff

Indie band shirts
« Reply #23 on: 24 Jul 2005, 18:01 »

Interesting. I pretty much do the same. Sometimes, I order t-shirts online of bands I've seen live, for example if the band didn't have anymore t-shirts left (which happened to me already).
There are two exceptions from this, one being my At The Drive-In t-shirt, simply because they broke up before I could see them live but they still rule. And my The Locust t-shirt because I was sick when they played my hometown and I just felt that I need at least one grindcore shirt.
But all of my other band shirts, including my beloved Q And Not U and mclusky shirt, were bought at live shows.

By the way, if you actually want to buy t-shirts, why don't you just go to the band's website and get it there? It's often cheaper and also, more money will go to the band directly (that applies especially if it's an indie band).

Threatis

Indie band shirts
« Reply #24 on: 24 Jul 2005, 18:27 »

thanks to that Kulture Vulture site, i had to buy my girlfriend the "pirate Kitty" shirt.

kidd o

no sweat
« Reply #25 on: 24 Jul 2005, 18:59 »

yeah they get a lot of shirts that are out of print from overstocks.

I thought about the sicle and hammer but... as dim as my patriotisim is I'm no more a fan of communisim.

but it looks so damn cool!

Threatis

Indie band shirts
« Reply #26 on: 24 Jul 2005, 19:36 »

yeah, i picked up one from a thrift shop up here for 99 cents, I was pleased.
Pages: [1]   Go Up