THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help: Film references  (Read 7335 times)

zutonna

Help: Film references
« on: 29 Jul 2005, 15:32 »

The following two things are really getting on my nerves because I can't quite put my finger on which film each is referring to. Please, can anyone shed some light?

1. SHREK
Shrek, Donkey and Fiona are running away from the dragon, and you can see a fireball behind them. This action sequence reminds me of another film and I'm not sure where the music to it is from. James Bond or Mission Impossible maybe?

2. THE SIMPSONS - TRILOGY OF ERROR
This supoib episode appears in Season 14 and is the one where we see Homer's, Lisa's and Bart's perspectives of an eventful day. Homer is outside of Springfield and is saying goodbye to his shrivelled thumb (like you do). Then we hear an explosion and Linguo's head flies through the sky and lands at Homer's feet. He picks it up, Linguo says some last words then dies, and Homer closes Linguo's eyes at the same time....Another character somewhere also says something, dies, and has their eyes closed in the same way.

????? (that enough ?s. maybe some more for luck) ?????

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2005, 16:10 »

I think almost every movie I see that someone dies the main character closes their eyes.  

Homer: Linguo, dead.
Linguo: Linguo is dead. *voice slowly fades away*

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2005, 16:41 »

I think those are both referencing generic film cliches, rather than sequences in specific films.

zutonna

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2005, 08:13 »

Oh OK.
It's just the WAY he has his eyes closed that is getting to me.
* crying *
But thanks anyway. It looks like never know I will...

Willis

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2005, 15:08 »

You know when I saw that Simpsons episode I immediately thought of the movie Go.  Of course if you haven't seen that movie, then its kinda hard to relate the two.  

~~Willis, throwing in his $0.02

I is Grammar

• Furry furrier
  • Advocatus diaboli
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2005, 22:24 »

Ooh ooh ooh!  I know this one!  With The Simpson's reference, there is a DVD called Trilogy Of Terror.   (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073820/)  It is a series of three (duh) movies that are very cheesy and all star Karen Black ( the chick with the weird eye thing going on).  Groening was playing off of the cheesiness of those movies in that entire episode, that particular part notwithstanding.
I've got a small sticky-out scar like a third nipple just under my right manboob from where I was bitten by another kid in Year 3.

tetsuotheironboy

« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2005, 13:10 »

the episode of the simpsons where its seen from 3 different points of view is possibly a reference to run lola run. Anyone else get that impression?
Pages: [1]   Go Up