THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 00:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corpse Bride  (Read 15824 times)

ASturge

Corpse Bride
« on: 28 Jul 2005, 10:43 »

This should be fantastic if it's as good as Nightmare Before Christmas.

http://corpsebridemovie.warnerbros.com/trailer2.html?id=trailer2&type=windows&speed=500000

Tim Burton is ace, as is Johnny Depp.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Corpse Bride
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2005, 11:03 »

"So what'll we do tonight Tim?"
"The same thing we do every night Johnny, smoke crack, listen to Bauhaus records backwards, read the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe and then write the script to a family film."

Jeez, I love these two.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Aphi

Corpse Bride
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2005, 11:05 »

=grins wickedly= If ever there was a more deviously perfect pair, I haven't found it.

=is /so/ going to the corpse bride, no matter /how/ many eleven-year-olds are there=

The Wombat

Corpse Bride
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2005, 13:33 »

I'm so happy to know that the art of stop-motion animation has not died.

ASturge

Corpse Bride
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2005, 13:53 »

It's CGI im afraid mate...

Well, I think so.... Looks too .....shiney for stop motion.

BlueCoatKarma

Corpse Bride
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2005, 08:47 »

Thank you, Google. It's stop motion. Gorgeous, jaw-dropping, stop motion. There is apparently some CGI stuff, but there was actually CGI in Nightmare too - it's used for effects though, not for major parts of the animation.

I am so excited for this film. Burton's art direction is orgasmic.

Tinjessla

Corpse Bride
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2005, 09:50 »

Aw..damn. My animation tutor was right. And i was so sure it was CGI. So sure! I guess this gives me something to aspire to, seeing as i'm choosing stop-motion to focus in next term.

Anyhoo, i'm looking forward to this a lot. Burton and Depp always make great stuff when together.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
Corpse Bride
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2005, 12:28 »

The problem i have with this movie is the fact that there will be hordes of pseudo-angsty rich tweens waiting to see it because  "Its like so kool, cuz its like the nightmare before christmas, which is way totally awesome because people say its good, and because its popular!"
But, being the burton/depp fanboy that i am, i will be there on opening day... Fighting off the emo kids with whatever is handy.
Im such a whore.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Corpse Bride
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jul 2005, 12:34 »

Quote from: KharBevNor
"So what'll we do tonight Tim?"
"The same thing we do every night Johnny, smoke crack, listen to Bauhaus records backwards, read the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe and then write the script to a family film."

They're burton and the depp, they're burton and the depp! One is an actor, the other directs!
also israel

neomang5

• Curry sauce
Corpse Bride
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jul 2005, 12:41 »

Pinky & The brain refrence FTW
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

Praeserpium Machinarum

Corpse Bride
« Reply #10 on: 29 Jul 2005, 12:42 »

Oh this looks so good I think I am going to cry, I loved The Nightmare before Christmas so much, Burton must be Superman or something..

trolley

Corpse Bride
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jul 2005, 12:47 »

Friggin' sweet. I only saw Nightmare before Christmas last year, and despite being film of choice amongst those gothy fellows on MySpace, it was bloody good. I thoroughly look forward to this, and Tim/Johnny is always a fantastic combo.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
Corpse Bride
« Reply #12 on: 29 Jul 2005, 13:03 »

No, not always.
The new Willy Wonka Movie Sucked.
It was trying too hard to be cool and weird and crack-addicted.
Plus they ruined oompa-loompas.

soap

Corpse Bride
« Reply #13 on: 29 Jul 2005, 15:30 »

Quote from: neomang5
hordes of pseudo-angsty rich tweens waiting to see it because  "Its like so kool, cuz its like the nightmare before christmas, which is way totally awesome because people say its good, and because its popular!"

only because of the all nightmare merch thats available its taken on a whole seperate fashion excessory life from the movie (which i shall always consider great)

i like the look of this more than the new charlie & the chocolate factory, its looks more like the traditional burton style of artwork than some huge technicoloured thing.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Corpse Bride
« Reply #14 on: 29 Jul 2005, 15:48 »

It's definitely angling up to be the spiritual successor to Vincent and the Nightmare Before Christmas.

The first time I saw TNBC, I was annihilated by it's sheer awesomnosity. It was definitely what I wanted to see when I was younger. It's like how I used to watch Fantasia and fast-forward just to get to the Night on the Bare Mountain scene.

This looks brill tbh.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

La Creme

Corpse Bride
« Reply #15 on: 29 Jul 2005, 23:44 »

Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny DEpp, the fuckers setting up a franchise to make the Sandman movie. And if he fucks it up, I swear I will hunt him down and.... steal his mail or something. But I can't hurt him too much cause, y'know, he made fucking Edward Scissorhands..... But if he hadn't made all those good movies, I'd tear his eyes out.

Bastard. World's awesomest bastard.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Corpse Bride
« Reply #16 on: 30 Jul 2005, 00:41 »

Bite your tongue. I want niether Depp nor Carter a Sandman movie.
also israel

La Creme

Corpse Bride
« Reply #17 on: 30 Jul 2005, 09:51 »

No no, Helena Bonham Carter is Death. It's the rule. Johnny Depp can NOT be Dream though, or I will kill him.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Corpse Bride
« Reply #18 on: 30 Jul 2005, 09:59 »

This is going to rule. I hope.

and fuck the Chocolate Factory. movie sucked.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
Corpse Bride
« Reply #19 on: 31 Jul 2005, 17:35 »

Damn right. Not only was Depp a terrible willy wonka, but the oompa loompas were all ONE FUCKING GUY!
And they sang to techno...
They destroyed it forever...

Kirkles

Corpse Bride
« Reply #20 on: 13 Aug 2005, 10:35 »

'What are you at getting terribly fat?'
I couldn't understand the lyrics in the new film. Were they in it?

The first Willy Wonka film gave me chocolate cravings. Still does *has it on video* that one didn't.

Still, Corpse Bride looks good. *has Nightmare Before Christmas on video too*

AeroZeppelin

Corpse Bride
« Reply #21 on: 13 Aug 2005, 11:46 »

well I grew up with the nightmare before christmas and so this one is a must see. Other than Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Depp is a great actor/voice actor when he's working with Burton in my opinion.

shrimp

Corpse Bride
« Reply #22 on: 13 Aug 2005, 16:04 »

In Fear and Loathing Depp had Hunter S Thompson down to tee, best acting that dude's ever done!

AbsolootGeek

Corpse Bride
« Reply #23 on: 13 Aug 2005, 18:32 »

Quote from: neomang5
The problem i have with this movie is the fact that there will be hordes of pseudo-angsty rich tweens waiting to see it because  "Its like so kool, cuz its like the nightmare before christmas, which is way totally awesome because people say its good, and because its popular!"
But, being the burton/depp fanboy that i am, i will be there on opening day... Fighting off the emo kids with whatever is handy.
Im such a whore.

Ah, one of the advantages to being a manager at a movie theater.  I get to watch movies when the place isn't even open, thus avoiding the entirety of the stupid people crowd.  Corpse Bride will be one of those movies.

ASturge

Corpse Bride
« Reply #24 on: 14 Aug 2005, 02:22 »

Can you let me in?

I'm not stupid, I promise.

The Neko

Corpse Bride
« Reply #25 on: 14 Aug 2005, 13:07 »

I seriously can't wait...

Oh and I have found the best way to get rid of emo teenagers...

*holds up a sign*

~GET LOST!~

*runs away*

Jude

Corpse Bride
« Reply #26 on: 15 Aug 2005, 13:57 »

Am I the only one who thinks it looks a little too much like TNBC? I'm not being funny, some of the music in the trailer actually was the song 'What's This'.

Deticui

Corpse Bride
« Reply #27 on: 16 Aug 2005, 15:55 »

I think the song in the trailer was intended to drive home without any possible doubt in the minds of idiot america (my god did i just quote green day?  eh its an accurate term) that this movie is INDEED being made by Tim Burton, the same guy who did TNBC.

You know, Tim Burton also did the only two live action Batman movies that didnt suck a burro's cock for 23 pesos.

but yeah.  Johnny Depp + Helena Bonham Carter x Tim Burton = THE COOL.

one good thing i can say about the new Chocolate Factory Movie?  It had the shelling squirrels instead of those damn geese.  The visuals were damn cool, too.

gwyndylynn

Corpse Bride
« Reply #28 on: 21 Aug 2005, 20:20 »

yeah, well, the trailer also had music from "stepford wives" for what that's worth.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Corpse Bride
« Reply #29 on: 22 Aug 2005, 09:08 »

I'll warrent a guess that the music sounds the same as it's all by Danny Elfman.

.Kate.

Corpse Bride
« Reply #30 on: 22 Aug 2005, 14:19 »

I can't wait for this movie.

Barazulus

OMGYES
« Reply #31 on: 18 Sep 2005, 20:33 »

Thursday, dammit. I am THERE. Burton and Depp are the best director/actor duo in years. I'm going, I'm going goth, my friends are going goth, and we are gonna WRECK SOME SHIT at the afterparty. Necrophilia jokes are for yes.

Martin

Corpse Bride
« Reply #32 on: 21 Sep 2005, 08:50 »

This film will definitly be a highlight of the year for my part. The Burton/Deppcombination = sexi movies.

1patheticloser

Corpse Bride
« Reply #33 on: 21 Sep 2005, 09:54 »

I saw Corpse Bride last week at a screening, and enjoyed it quite a bit. It is rather hard to seperate from Nightmare Before X-mas for rather obvious reasons, but it still stands up on it's own. There were a few songs, but they were nothing compared to TNBC, although the one song sung by Danny Elfman was pretty kick ass. I would say it was "cute" but I am hard pressed to call something that nearly deals with necrophelia "cute". Plus it'd make me sound all otaku-goth-teen-angsty.

Also, the dog was kinda unecessary, as it felt nearly identical to the presence of Zero in TNBC.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
Corpse Bride
« Reply #34 on: 21 Sep 2005, 10:49 »

But that kind of thing is to be expected. It's hard to live up to the standard of TNBC and still be different. I figure that the fact that it wasnt a shit movie aimed to capitalize off Nightmare's success is a great word of praise to Burton and Depp's integrity.

And who says necrophilia isnt cute?

JLM

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Corpse Bride
« Reply #35 on: 21 Sep 2005, 14:34 »

Quote from: Deticui

You know, Tim Burton also did the only two live action Batman movies that didnt suck a burro's cock for 23 pesos.

I would disagree with that.

While I think Burton's original Batman was apt for the time, Nolan's Batman Begins blows it out of the water completely (even with the annoying Katie Holmes, her role wasn't anything worse than Vicki Vale, and we didn't have some out of work comedian as a wisecracking reporter).

Batman Returns was nowhere near the level of the original, and was one of the first signs of Tim Burton's slow descent into caring more about directing environment and mood than actually directing people.

This does look quite good though.

Helena Bonham Carter will never be Death.  She's too old.  Death is a bit more adolescent in her mannerisms.  If they did a film I imagine Gaiman would go with an unknown.  Maybe a gothed up Natalie Portman or Rachel Leigh Cook.

Daniel

Corpse Bride
« Reply #36 on: 21 Sep 2005, 18:08 »

Hmm... I've never actually seen Nightmare Before Christmas.

Guess I should, eh?
Pages: [1]   Go Up