THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 23:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accidents at festivals.  (Read 5799 times)

Jed

• The German Chancellory building
Accidents at festivals.
« on: 31 Jul 2005, 00:54 »

I was at Rockcock festival in Kuopio and was checking out Disco Ensemble. Ironically while they were playing their song "This is my head exploding" the singer was swingin the microphone from the cord and hit the bass player to the head with it, thus knocking him unconscious. They had to cancel the show...
"To say that Columbus discovered America is by no means inaccurate! I discover things people already knew about all the time!"

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2005, 05:30 »

Kuopio - nice town!

This reminds me once again of the classic Onion article: 37 record store clerks feared dead at Yo La Tengo concert disaster ("a twisted mess of black frame glasses and ironic Girl Scouts T-shirts").  Real accidents though - don't have any.  Sorry!

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2005, 05:44 »

Mayhem once knocked a guy in the crowd unconscious when the local butcher was out of sheeps heads and they decided to throw cows heads into the audience instead. He sued them for loss of earnings. Members of the band agree he should have been watching the show, not chatting with some girl.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

normz

Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2005, 05:55 »

I don't really have any of my own as the usual cuts and bruises i get associated with moshing are nothing *shrugs* and i love it when teeny bitches get in the mosh pit with FUCKING STILLETO HEELS ON and step on my feet ......

but my mate jacqui got punched at a Marilyn Manson concert, she says the blood just made her look even more hardcore lol

soap

Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2005, 06:06 »

last time i was at leeds festival, system of a down were on before metallica but the barrier broke at the front of the crowd and there was a big crowd collapse. apparently 3 people were taken to hospital with leg injuries or something.
but after a bit of a delay system finished their set (about another hour of playing) .. another delay, then metallica who had to cut their set short :( by cutting out the finale which would've been the song one.

BillyxRansom

• Furry furrier
Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2005, 09:39 »

metallica sucks anyways..

sorry i have nothing to contribute to this thread.
kjodshfoasdjoJKK.;;;''''""////////32xX

SpacemanSpiff

Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #6 on: 31 Jul 2005, 10:28 »

The singer of The Hope Conspiracy apparently hurt several people at the show I was at (some were bleeding from their face, one looked like his nose was broken or something, I don't know) and he also hit equipment (lighting and stuff) with his microphone. But I'm not quite sure whether those were accidents. ... Coming to think of it, I think he did all of that on purpose.

One of North of America's guitar players' contact lenses suddenly slipped during a song and apparenly really hurt his eyes. But he couldn't stop playing, so at the end of the song, he was crying (well, tears were coming from his eyes because of the irritation the contact lenses caused). Then they dropped to the floor and he had to play the rest of the show blindly (his glasses had been lost in accident earlier on when their tour bus had caught fire).
Then, at the same show, two guitar straps simply fell apart which also caused mayhem.

Tinjessla

Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #7 on: 31 Jul 2005, 12:25 »

My boyfriend was watching the Cooper Temple Clause perform at T in The Park 2 years ago and got hit in the head with an empty beer can which the lead singer threw into the audience. He wasn't a happy bunny.

Kid Modernist

Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #8 on: 31 Jul 2005, 13:16 »

Quote from: Tinjessla
My boyfriend was watching the Cooper Temple Clause perform at T in The Park 2 years ago and got hit in the head with an empty beer can which the lead singer threw into the audience. He wasn't a happy bunny.

Damn. I saw the Cooper Temple Clause at the Curiosa Festival last August, and some kid banged his head into a chair on the way down to watch them (It was like in this really small theatre thing off to the side of the big stadium at the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA.)

They must be bad luck with getting painful stuff.

soap

Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #9 on: 31 Jul 2005, 14:20 »

Quote from: BillyxRansom
metallica sucks anyways..

lies ...

but back to the topic , it wasnt at a festival but God Forbid did the best bit of crowd safety work i've ever seen a band do.
while opening for machine head the singer vanished into the front of the crowd (the crush bit between pit & barrier) and immerged with a very limp looking girl who had passed out and vanished under the crowd.
it was very awesome of him.

iv seen hell is for heroes do it too at a much smaller gig, someone passed out hanging onto the barrier and will (guitar) and justin (vocals) pulled her over the barrier while the guard was caught off , erm, guard by the whole thing.

Super Dave

Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #10 on: 31 Jul 2005, 22:13 »

At the GWAR concert the other day, the funniesty thing happened. All the security guys were wearing ponchos, because during the set, all manner of liquids are tossed about. Near the end of the show, Beefcake (the bassist) was bored or something, because he went over to the blood cannon, and just started soaking the guards. Even over the music I could hear them swearing up a storm.  Such a good show that was.

ALoveSupreme

• Beyoncé
    • http://www.facebook.com/heyheyrabbit
Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #11 on: 01 Aug 2005, 07:59 »

Quote from: Super Dave
At the GWAR concert the other day, the funniesty thing happened. All the security guys were wearing ponchos, because during the set, all manner of liquids are tossed about. Near the end of the show, Beefcake (the bassist) was bored or something, because he went over to the blood cannon, and just started soaking the guards. Even over the music I could hear them swearing up a storm.  Such a good show that was.

GWAR seriously is the best band I've ever seen live.

BusterKeaton

Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #12 on: 01 Aug 2005, 15:55 »

I was at the great white concert in rhode island and brother let me tell you i still have flashbacks and panache attacks, the screaming soccer-moms in jean jackets, the fat middle age guys wearing headbands and fingerless gloves with eyes like a frightened deer. If everybody had just cut back on the amount of hairspray they used before the show so many could have been saved. Lets have a moment of silence *

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #13 on: 01 Aug 2005, 16:20 »

Quote from: ALoveSupreme

GWAR seriously is the best band I've ever seen live.

I was going to see them, but I just remembered the show is tomorrow and I forgot to buy tickets and whatnot! FUCK!
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

tetsuotheironboy

Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #14 on: 25 Aug 2005, 08:37 »

ok heres my greatest festival story. Leeds Festival 2002 and the toilet block is packed to capacity with a line wrapping round it for hundreds of yards so a bunch of guys dissappear off down this alley next to it to relieve themselves. I go down, do my thang and as i walk back i slip in what can only be described as piss-mud. Flying backwards i grab a metal pole but it does no help and i just feel this arm fly out and grip me by my shoulder. Some guy saved my entire festival experience. In somewhat of a daze i thanked him and walked away. I only hope we end up in the same afterlife so i can buy that dude a beer.

Mister Ash

Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #15 on: 25 Aug 2005, 12:40 »

I went to see Deftones at thee Apollo in Manchester, Taproot were supporting and the vocalist decided to stagedive off the blacony... but his big boots cracked one of the security guards (who were there to help catch him) right on the head...  he had to go to hospital with a serious concussion

tetsuotheironboy

Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #16 on: 25 Aug 2005, 13:02 »

woah, this is freaky, i was at that exact same show. If i'm right it was the 2nd night they played in manchester after the first apollo gig sold out. That was my first ever concert when i was 16! Deftones kicked some serious ass that night, i think i even have the cheap t-shirt i got the night after that show. The taproot incident was funny, i remember him making some comment about needing to lose weight. Ahhh memories...the only downside being the presence of linkin park on the billing, needless to say they were unimpressive to the point where i suspected some serious miming on their part. How could such a new band in an arena with sound quality as god awful as the apollo sound so crisp otherwise.....hmmm....did u see deftones the last time they played there with amplifier as the support act? they were even better. Also seen tool (2001 lateralus tour), weezer (2002 postponed green album tour) and muse (2002 origin of symmetry tour) at the same place. :) sorry to ramble on like that, its just freaky talking to someone who went to that gig on an american indie based message board.

Mister Ash

Accidents at festivals.
« Reply #17 on: 25 Aug 2005, 13:52 »

I was at that Muse Tour too!

Pinkin lark really did SUCK ASS that night... to stage presance at all.. just on-sing-off

the wait for deftones was unbareably long too (chanting Chino chino chino between running to the bar for drinks was fun tho)

i don't think i should even say this, but i'm wearing that t-shirt right now...

Tho i've gotta say the best part about that gig was meeting my tobe girl friend... she was awesome.. i miss her...

*still needs to steal the drum sticks my friends caught at the end of the gig*

so many memories..  it was awesomely kickass!
Pages: [1]   Go Up