THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 17:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mighty Mouse!  (Read 4331 times)

Mnementh

Mighty Mouse!
« on: 02 Aug 2005, 10:59 »

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

I want one!  Now if only they could program it to say "Here I come to save the day" each time you use the track ball!

thew

Mighty Mouse!
« Reply #1 on: 02 Aug 2005, 11:11 »

The macheads in the office are all abuzz right now. I'm waiting for the anti-mac group to find out and begin mocking us.

As for the mouse, the one that came with my Wacom sort of makes it pointless for me to buy it. :( I do think that Apple is the only company that could make a big deal over a two buttoned wired mouse in 2005, damn they've got good PR.

Mnementh

Mighty Mouse!
« Reply #2 on: 02 Aug 2005, 11:26 »

It can be programmed for up to four buttons I think, not including the two on the side.  Yeah, I have a wacom and a kensington 5 button that would make it pointless, but it's still kinda cool.

That and well, branding!

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
Mighty Mouse!
« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2005, 11:31 »

I dunno... seems a bit gimmicky to me, really. I mean, why pay that much extra money for a mouse that only does a little bit more than this cheap one that came with my PC?

ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

SpacemanSpiff

Mighty Mouse!
« Reply #4 on: 02 Aug 2005, 11:37 »

I don't know. It sems a lot as if you'll get really nice cramps after a few hours of using it, I prefer ergonomical mice.
Also, not having actual buttons might look nice, but I bet the haptics will be very confusing and might even result in pains in your finger as you'll still push a button, but there's nothing to be pushed.

...though I have to admit, it does look nice.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
Mighty Mouse!
« Reply #5 on: 02 Aug 2005, 21:55 »

I'd totally get one, but I just dropped a bunch of money on something else so it'll have to wait.

For now it's still ctrl-click for me.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Stranger Dan

• Emoticontraindication
Mighty Mouse!
« Reply #6 on: 02 Aug 2005, 22:02 »

Holy crap! Apple finally discovered the right mouse button and scroll wheel? Welcome to 25 years ago Apple I'm was beginning to worry that you'd never find your way here. Now I might actually consider buying one the next time I get a new computer.

Also
8=====D is a shovel.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Mighty Mouse!
« Reply #7 on: 03 Aug 2005, 06:17 »

Eh, it's not like you can't scroll sideways with a normal mousewheel anyway. That thing'd be cool with buttons I suppose...

Besides, Mac OS makes me want to cry. It feels so wrong! Why can't someone invent an alternative operating system that looks, feels and operates just like windows, but isn't?
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

salada

• Curry sauce
Mighty Mouse!
« Reply #8 on: 03 Aug 2005, 07:55 »

Quote from: jeph
For now it's still ctrl-click for me.

man, you work photoshop without a right-click (err, well, in actual clicking form)??? O_o

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
Mighty Mouse!
« Reply #9 on: 03 Aug 2005, 08:59 »

Quote from: Stranger Dan
Holy crap! Apple finally discovered the right mouse button and scroll wheel? Welcome to 25 years ago Apple I'm was beginning to worry that you'd never find your way here. Now I might actually consider buying one the next time I get a new computer.

The bundled mouse is the deciding factor in your computer purchase decisions?  You don't have to use a one-button mouse on a Mac, that's just what it comes with; OSX handles multiple buttons and scroll-wheels just fine, so plug in whatever mouse you want.  I shudder at the thought of attempting to use Maya with only one button.

Quote from: KharBevNor
Besides, Mac OS makes me want to cry. It feels so wrong! Why can't someone invent an alternative operating system that looks, feels and operates just like windows, but isn't?

I've never really understood why people think Mac OS and Windows are so enormously different.  Sure, there are lots of under-the-hood differences, but I'm talking about the GUI.  Me, the main difference I see is that the close/minimize buttons are on the other side of the window.  What is so wrong about Mac OS?

You probably shouldn't answer though.  This thread could turn into a Windows vs Mac flame war.

Kanno

Mighty Mouse!
« Reply #10 on: 04 Aug 2005, 01:50 »

Apple + 2 button mice + upcoming intel processors = OH NOES!!

Seriously.. maybe Apple should just let Bill Gates come out of retirement and head up the R+D department for a while.

Yes, this post isn't very good, but my iPod blew up the other day and I feel like bitching at apple.  

-sam

Mighty Mouse!
« Reply #11 on: 04 Aug 2005, 21:05 »

Leave it to Apple to make a four button mouse without any buttond. :)

I personally use Logitech TrackMan Wheel's for all my pointer device needs, Windows and OS X.

-sam
Pages: [1]   Go Up