Zelda?

Hells yeah!
- 61 (89.7%)
Meh.
- 7 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: 01 Aug 2005, 17:49

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda games  (Read 18298 times)

Stranger Dan

• Emoticontraindication
Zelda games
« Reply #50 on: 15 Aug 2005, 21:51 »

Majora's Mask always seems to get a bad rap but it is definitely my favorite. It is actually a really good thing that he isn't just  going about the motions and saving the princess from Ganon/Ganondorf over and over and over again. Even better though is getting to know these townspeople a lot more closely than any other game in the series. Of course the masks added a whole new layer of fun to the action, it just doesn't get any better than rolling around as a Goron or blowing your face off with the bomb mask.

Bishop

Zelda games
« Reply #51 on: 16 Aug 2005, 08:50 »

Quote from: Stranger Dan
Majora's Mask always seems to get a bad rap but it is definitely my favorite. It is actually a really good thing that he isn't just  going about the motions and saving the princess from Ganon/Ganondorf over and over and over again. Even better though is getting to know these townspeople a lot more closely than any other game in the series. Of course the masks added a whole new layer of fun to the action, it just doesn't get any better than rolling around as a Goron or blowing your face off with the bomb mask.

I agree I loved the depth in MM, but I felt it lacked once I had 100% finished, it made the world seem less real because it was over...

CidHighwind

Zelda games
« Reply #52 on: 16 Aug 2005, 14:49 »

I dont own most of the major nintendo systems (SNES, N64, Gamecube), but I still played every Zelda game so far (except Four Swords).  Beat most.  I love most of them, but I cant stand majora's mask, and I dont like Wind Waker.  Yes, Ive played them enough.

But anyway, I just havent put enough time to beat the 2nd quest of the original, or surprizingly, all of Ocarina.  

I still have a gamebody pocket with the original release of Link's Awakening, the first one I played/owned.  And strangely, I havent owned a handheld system since.

Deticui

Zelda games
« Reply #53 on: 17 Aug 2005, 15:01 »

Ocarina was definitely my fav, considering i never played Majora's (something about having a time limit?)

but yeah.  Ocarina song of transport to the volcano summit (cant for the life of me remember the actual name) = TEH COOL.

I remember beating the Ginormous Dodongo (in Ocarina, duh) while wasted off of Captain Mo's, and havent played since, because I doubt I'd have as much fun.

oh, and you're a teenager in Twilight Princess (the GC Zelda coming out in the fall).  And you're a wolf, not a werewolf.  Course i wish you could do more slashy/bitey as the wolf instead of relying on some stupid witch to help you.

personally i just want the girls to fall head over heels for Link again like in Ocarina.  Damn that stud, EVERYONE wanted him.

ManlyMan

Zelda games
« Reply #54 on: 17 Aug 2005, 16:22 »

I loved Majora's Mask personally, the last boss (can't remember the name) was a really fun fight. That Fierce Deity Mask (I think) you get at the end for having all of the masks, is really fun to play with. Crazy energy blasting swords FTW.

Yeah in Majora's you have three days to beat it (you can go back in time with the Song of Time) or else the moon crashes into the Earth, or something to that effect. For some reason I absolutely loved the music once It hit 11:45 PM on Day 3 and the moon was super close, that music was teh hawt.

It was a lot of fun for me all around, with all the time travel craziness. Nintendo added a lot of really fun new twists with that game.

That was great In OoT, with all the girls.

Nevermind :( 2006

Kjammer

Zelda games
« Reply #55 on: 31 Aug 2005, 02:20 »

First time posting in months... Finally someting I can talk about.

I was first introduced to the Zelda series with Orcarina of Time, on the first Videogame console (N64) I was allowed to own.  My parrents didn't let me get one untill I was old enough to join the Boy Scouts (age 11), but that's a different story.  After playing OoT, I became intrigued by the Zelda Series and went out and bought a Gameboy Color and the DX virsion of Link's Awakening.  I enjoyed that game as well.

On my "list of the Best N64 games" Orcarina pushed Goldeneye to #2, and I set out on a quest to find the "One game" that would surpass the majesty of Zelda: OoT.  I never found that "One game," Perfect Dark could not compete with Zelda, but it did push Goldeneye to #3.

Here are my reviews for the Zelda games.  None of these Virsions have been ported, I used my friend's NES, and other friend's Super NES.  And I refuse to touch the CD-i games with a 1000 meter pole, while wearing a hazmat suit.

Legend of Zelda - classic feel, have not played enough to thouroughy judge.
Zelda II: Adventure of Link - Introduced side scrolling, strangely addictive.
Zelda III: A Link to the Past - More in depth storyline, discovered more of the series' roots.
Zelda IV: Link's Awakening (DX color virsion) - This was my fist time experiencing the 2D view of Zelda games, I really enjoyed this game.
Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time - PWNZ ALL!!1!
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - fun, but disappointedly short.  Almost like a cheep expansion pack for computer games.
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages - Have not played.
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Initially turned off by the "different" style of graphics.  It is enjoyable to play.  It gave me the feeling that I really was traveling far distances across the sea.
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords - Have not Played.
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Still playing, love the game's music.

La Creme

Zelda games
« Reply #56 on: 31 Aug 2005, 02:21 »

That old one for gameboy is the bee's knees.

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
Zelda games
« Reply #57 on: 31 Aug 2005, 08:29 »

I liked the whole time deal with Majora's Mask (also rolling around as a Goron), but that game did something unforgivable, and Wind Waker compounded the error.

I am referring of course, to Tingle, the best argument for being able to shoot NPCs with your bow.

I am constantly re-assured by the total lack of him in the TP trailer shots (at least those I've seen, I'm entering a self-imposed blackout on new Zelda previews so I get the whole game fresh when it comes out, no spoilers).
Actions speak louder than words, especially if you have a giant moon laser.

Quote from: Tearon
There's something really freakish about you, ya know that? In a good way.

CRASH andor BURN

Zelda games
« Reply #58 on: 01 Sep 2005, 10:50 »

I wish I could go to the Nintendo Fusion Tour just to play the new Zelda demo. That would be a dream come true. Well at least until the game comes out.

karina

• Not quite a lurker
    • Myspace
Zelda games
« Reply #59 on: 04 Sep 2005, 16:54 »

I don't post very often, I usually lurk around reading and just comment in my head, but when I saw this thread, I HAD to comment. I LOVE ZELDA!!! I absolutely adore it!

This summer I had the strangest urge to play Ocarina of time, and I haven't played video games for a few years (I was a total video game freak but my brother sold all the systems so I was out of luck) but with money from my new job I could afford a Gamecube so I bought one and got the Ocarina of Time disk and man have I been loving it all over again. I also preordered the next Zelda game. I can't wait!!! :)

Oh is Wind Waker any good? I looks so cartoonish, I don't know if I could handle looking at that for so long....

Allomer

Zelda games
« Reply #60 on: 05 Sep 2005, 09:49 »

I personally thought Wind Waker was awesome! It's a great way to drag younger kids into Zelda culture, and is still rewarding for the long-time fanatics. I happened to like the cell shaded graphics, very whimsical.
 The only thing that kept me going on Ocarina of Time was wanting to hear the music in the next area! The game started to get hard at the 6 temples, but Koji Kondo has a way at composing irresistable tunes. *Plays Bolero of Fire on ocarina*
 As for the tatoo thing, I'm hoping to get a Sheik tatoo later. (The eye with the triangles over top) I'll stop ranting like a fangirl now.. o_O;

TopolinoBoy

• Not quite a lurker
Zelda games
« Reply #61 on: 08 Sep 2005, 05:13 »

Pushing back the Twilight Princess release from November (to celebrate the 7 year anniversary of OoT) to at least April 2006... disappointing.
Sometimes, when I'm all alone, and it's dark... always late at night... and if I'm sure no one's watching....

I Google myself.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Zelda games
« Reply #62 on: 08 Sep 2005, 08:57 »

Better to have a game pushed back and not be crappy.  Plus maybe they will make it cel-graphics.  (Yeah right, I know.  Just wishful thinking.)

TopolinoBoy

• Not quite a lurker
Zelda games
« Reply #63 on: 08 Sep 2005, 09:09 »

the big N says the purpose of the delay is to "add levels."  

So, I doubt they will suddenly change the graphics style.

Sorry, HBG.
Sometimes, when I'm all alone, and it's dark... always late at night... and if I'm sure no one's watching....

I Google myself.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Zelda games
« Reply #64 on: 08 Sep 2005, 10:38 »

No need for appolgies, I knew it was wishful thinking of the highest sort.

TopolinoBoy

• Not quite a lurker
Zelda games
« Reply #65 on: 09 Sep 2005, 11:04 »

You may be one of the only people I know besides myself who is so positive on the animation style of tWW.

Though I think TP will be more appropriate in the style we will see it in, based on the plot twists they've leaked.

I Google myself.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Zelda games
« Reply #66 on: 09 Sep 2005, 11:08 »

I love the animation style of WW.  I finally got the 'cube rerelase of OoT and as fun as it is and as good as it looked for it's time, I still think the cel look is a good fit for Zelda.

That said, I am looking forward to the new one.  Though from what I've heard about the storyline I can't help but to compare it to the second Metroid Prime.

elcapitan

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Zelda games
« Reply #67 on: 11 Sep 2005, 08:39 »

Ocarina of Time is probably my favourite console game ever, and A Link To The Past isn't far off. Link's Awakening on the Gameboy was also damn sweet.

Forest and Spirit temples were some of the most enjoyable dungeons in any adventure game, ever.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up