THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 14:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Garbage setlist?  (Read 5628 times)

Coonstar

Garbage setlist?
« on: 01 Aug 2005, 09:52 »

Garbage is a band that means a lot to me, because they were the first band ever I liked, and introduced me to rawk musak. They're coming here in August 30, and it's 40 Canadian bucks, and I'm tempted to go, but if they're gonna be playing a lot of their Bleed Like Me material, then I will be a very very sad clam :( So! Does anybody know their setlist for this tour?

lastclearchance

• Furry furrier
Garbage setlist?
« Reply #1 on: 01 Aug 2005, 10:10 »

Well...they don't play the exact setlist, but there are probably a bunch that they'll play every night...but I would just google a Garbage fangroup to find a series of setlists.
zekterellium: was kant the guy, that if you thought you were doing the right thing, even if you were feeding sailors to werewolves, then it was the right thing?
Moiche: Err. . . .no I think that's Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

-sam

Garbage setlist?
« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2005, 15:17 »

I saw them back in April and it was a pretty balanced set.  Bleed like me was the most represented album, but they played more old stuff than new.  Either way, go see them, it's totally worth it.  If for no other reason than to see Shirley prance and strut around the stage, rawr. :D

-sam

Coonstar

Garbage setlist?
« Reply #3 on: 01 Aug 2005, 15:40 »

Hmm! In that case, I'm seriously considering then :) How was the crowd like? **doesn't know much about the kind of people Garbage attracts**

-sam

Garbage setlist?
« Reply #4 on: 01 Aug 2005, 18:21 »

The crowd was...you know I don't really remember the crowd.  I guess you had your usual blend of hipsters, hipster posers, and people like me who were just there to get rocked.

-sam

Hatebunny

Garbage setlist?
« Reply #5 on: 02 Aug 2005, 09:28 »

I saw them in April too.

They played...quite a bit of their first album.

Stupid Girl, Supervixen, Vow (I think...), Only Happy when it Rains...

They only Played a few songs from version 2.0, not my favourite ones...There was Hammering in my head, I think I'm paranoid, and When I grow up...

The only song from Beautiful garbage that they played was 'Cherry Lips' unfortunately.

...I think they played every single song on Bleed Like Me except 'the boys wanna fight,' 'Happy home' and 'why don't you come over'

It's a pretty good and spontaneous show. It happened to be the new bassist's birthday, so they had someone in a chicken suit come out and give him a cake while butch and shirley sang happy birthday in harmony to him.

It was a pretty great show.

Not An Addict

Garbage setlist?
« Reply #6 on: 02 Aug 2005, 11:04 »

Apparently they have been playing a lot of older material, particularly from the debut era. Check out http://garbagetourbox.com.sapo.pt/ for complete setlists they've done so far.

And if you don't want tickets, give them to me. I'll see Garbage on an iceberg in Antarctica.

-sam

Garbage setlist?
« Reply #7 on: 02 Aug 2005, 16:06 »

Quote from: Hatebunny

The only song from Beautiful garbage that they played was 'Cherry Lips' unfortunately.

I viewed that as a good thing, the less I have to hear of that album the better. :)

It's not that I think Beautiful garbage is an awful album, I just like everything else they've done more.

-sam

Hatebunny

Garbage setlist?
« Reply #8 on: 02 Aug 2005, 16:15 »

a few of my personal favourites are on Beautiful Garbage...

So Like a Rose, Drive you Home...actually that's all I can think of...

Coonstar

Garbage setlist?
« Reply #9 on: 02 Aug 2005, 18:54 »

When I first heard Beautiful Garbage, I really didn' take too nicely to it, but now that it had quite some years to grow on me and what not, it's really my favorite Garbage album. I feel like it's just so much richer compared to their other stuff.

Coonstar

Garbage setlist?
« Reply #10 on: 02 Aug 2005, 19:01 »

MAN. WHAT A BLOODY BUMMER.

It's 19+ ! I'm ABSOLUTELY SURE that it said all ages two days ago! LIARS. LIARS. THE COMMODORE IS MY ENEMY. **shakes fist**

Goodbye Garbage. Goodbye Death Cab. I hate being my age. The only band I can see in the next month is Yellowcard! And. That's not good.

Hatebunny

Garbage setlist?
« Reply #11 on: 03 Aug 2005, 08:56 »

...Garbage and Death Cab for Cutie at the same venue on the same night is like...putting mustard on vanilla icecream.

One's awesome, has just the right zing, and goes well on a hotdog.
The other is sugary sweet...and...melts...I don't know how to make icecream sound like shit...Anyway, I'll just cop out and shout 'Emo!'

You put them together, and the world will explode.

Saturday

Garbage setlist?
« Reply #12 on: 03 Aug 2005, 09:02 »

Quote from: Awkward Silence
Bands usually don't play the same songs every night.

well, several bands that played here (stephen malkmus, yo la tengo) played almost the same set in uruguay, chile, and argentina.

-sam

Garbage setlist?
« Reply #13 on: 04 Aug 2005, 21:01 »

I suspect any act with a fairly elaborate stage show plays the same set night after night.

Quote from: Coonstar
When I first heard Beautiful Garbage, I really didn' take too nicely to it, but now that it had quite some years to grow on me and what not, it's really my favorite Garbage album. I feel like it's just so much richer compared to their other stuff.

Beautiful Garbage was an interesting experiment for the band, but it just doesn't do it for me like their other albums do.

-sam
Pages: [1]   Go Up