THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 03:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dan Brown  (Read 4245 times)

devils_daughter

Dan Brown
« on: 31 Aug 2005, 14:52 »

Right, so after reading the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, does anyone else think he's written the same book twice? We have the same idea of powerful man killed in a symbolic way, his female relative helping Langdon in his quest and the Catholic church being demonised. Thoughts anyone?

ASturge

Dan Brown
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2005, 14:57 »

Dan Brown SuXXXXXXXXXXX

Indeed.

Deticui

Dan Brown
« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2005, 09:33 »

Try reading the Anita Blake novels sometime, and you'll appreciate Dan Brown's work like its a cooler Bible.

Speaking of which, read the Bible, and Dr. Seuss doesnt sound all that crazy anymore.

Peet

• Curry sauce
  • The Second Gabber
Re: Dan Brown
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2005, 17:20 »

Quote from: devils_daughter
Right, so after reading the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, does anyone else think he's written the same book twice? We have the same idea of powerful man killed in a symbolic way, his female relative helping Langdon in his quest and the Catholic church being demonised. Thoughts anyone?

He can write it over and over again as long as it keeps being good. I loved both of them. I haven't read the other two yet though.

The plots are similar but if it isn't broken. The guy's obviously got a great eye for a thriller and both The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons deliver magnificently.
Quote from: Slick
I think Astaldo should be the next Dr. Who

devils_daughter

Dan Brown
« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2005, 08:13 »

Yeh they're great both books in their own right, but I can't seen how a man can be classed as a great author when he's cloning his books all the time.

JLM

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Dan Brown
« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2005, 10:47 »

Quote from: Deticui

Speaking of which, read the Bible, and Dr. Seuss doesnt sound all that crazy anymore.

better yet, read the Dr. Seuss Bible (taken from one of my favorite Kids In The Hall sketches).
Pages: [1]   Go Up