THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most Replay Value?  (Read 6608 times)

I Am Not Amused

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.myspace.com/bittercamparimusic
Most Replay Value?
« on: 06 Aug 2005, 07:45 »

Hey, nerds and nerdettes, I just wanted to ask a simple question.

What is your favorite game to play over and over and over again, even if you've beaten it a hundred thousand times?

This comes to me as I am replaying Final Fantasy IX and am realizing what an underrated game it was. I've replayed every Final Fantasy VII - X-2 and think I have enjoyed replaying IX second most in the FF series only to FF VII.

I think, however, the most fun I've had replaying a game period, is Kingdom Hearts. I am so geeked up for the release of KH2 that I think I'll probably wet myself every day for the entire week before it comes out.

Anyway, discuss.
Zac Efron wants a sourcebox lulz.

normz

Most Replay Value?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Aug 2005, 07:59 »

seriously like a few threads down from this is the fave game of all time thread which is pretty much the same idea..... just warning you to have a quick look or do a search before creating a new thread :-)

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
Most Replay Value?
« Reply #2 on: 06 Aug 2005, 08:25 »

I dunno... I have a habit of picking up and playing the Resident Evil remake for Gamecube, and have finished that god knows how many times, but it's no where near approaching my favourite game... I just enjoy playing through it. Kinda compulsive gaming behaviour or something, heh.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Most Replay Value?
« Reply #3 on: 06 Aug 2005, 09:40 »

I love to play Fable over and over again, and also Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones just so I can see where different choices lead me.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Most Replay Value?
« Reply #4 on: 06 Aug 2005, 17:21 »

The game I've played the most often is Dune 2.  Seriously, you can never get enough of building an enormous, automated base, then amassing a giant tank army and rolling into battle!

On a computer, that is . . .

Karn

Most Replay Value?
« Reply #5 on: 06 Aug 2005, 18:37 »

I find myself coming back to strategy games every so often. I really like this one stupid little Sierra game called Outpost. It was pretty much the poor man's Alpha Centauri. But it was pretty cool. I'm certain that it's out of print, at least by Sierra.

I also seem to come back to SimCity 4 from time to time. Besides that, I'm pretty finicky with my games.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
Most Replay Value?
« Reply #6 on: 06 Aug 2005, 23:44 »

Morrowind!

I <3 that game.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

GebStar

• Furry furrier
Most Replay Value?
« Reply #7 on: 07 Aug 2005, 00:02 »

^
I love to cheat on morrowind.
Maxxing out all my levels, armour, skills and gold is the greatest, you haven't travelled in morrowind until you've travelled hundreds of metres through the sky in a single jump.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

soap

Most Replay Value?
« Reply #8 on: 07 Aug 2005, 08:32 »

i finshed FFVII a couple of weeks ago ... fantastic game, one of my all time favourites

aside from the immenseness of the main story theres so much else going on , i reckon it could be possible to just live inside this game and keep playing it over and over

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Most Replay Value?
« Reply #9 on: 07 Aug 2005, 12:28 »

Spider-Man 2 because it literally never ends.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
Most Replay Value?
« Reply #10 on: 08 Aug 2005, 03:47 »

Quote from: GebStar
^
I love to cheat on morrowind.
Maxxing out all my levels, armour, skills and gold is the greatest, you haven't travelled in morrowind until you've travelled hundreds of metres through the sky in a single jump.

Pff. No need to cheat. The enchanting mechanic is so easily taken advantage of it's not funny.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

nihilist

Most Replay Value?
« Reply #11 on: 08 Aug 2005, 06:29 »

Honestly, I don't think there is any game that I come back to.  Once I'm done with it, I'm done with it.  SC4, Civ3, other RTSs/RPGs/FPSs...  Some games I will play for a long time (SoF2, close to three years), but once I uninstall it, it's off for good.

Tedd

Most Replay Value?
« Reply #12 on: 09 Aug 2005, 11:03 »

The Bouncer, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Snake in a tuxedo. I'm not even gay and I think that's sexy), and HL2 because it has a lot of fun cheating to it. :)

BlueCoatKarma

Most Replay Value?
« Reply #13 on: 09 Aug 2005, 14:10 »

I played StarCraft forever. Custom maps kept me going on that for a disgustingly long time.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
Most Replay Value?
« Reply #14 on: 09 Aug 2005, 17:55 »

BUBBLE BOBBLE! Pac-Man, Castlevania, Donkey Kong, and Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town are all rockingly superiorly replayable games as well.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

nihilist

Most Replay Value?
« Reply #15 on: 09 Aug 2005, 18:14 »

Super Mario 2.  I finished it probably three or four times when I was a wee one, and more recently when I found an emulator that runs on the Xbox.  Good god it got harder!  :)

Samgam Gamalan

Most Replay Value?
« Reply #16 on: 10 Aug 2005, 00:01 »

McTaggart is right about Morrowind. It just has so much to do that you can't get it all done in one lifetime. You need to run through it 3 times at a  minimum to get a full appreciation of it (maybe a few extra times to be a vampire and a werewolf too).

I also have high hopes for Oblivion too. *Sighs in longing*

5thWheel

Most Replay Value?
« Reply #17 on: 10 Aug 2005, 01:08 »

Am I the only person in the world who didn't like Morrowind (rancid with bugs, no voice acting worth mentioning, endless unavoidable boring treks from point a to point b (unless I missed something), enemy AI pitifully incapable of coping with you if you can levitate)?  OTOH I do think the breadth of the game was awesome (I wanted to love it just couldn't) & I too have high hopes for Oblivion (Patrick Stewart is in it!).
& back on topic: I would still play Civ3 if I had time (never really have enough straight hours for a game anymore & if I stop halfway thru I can never get back into it), and I do still play Deus Ex (about the 5th time through now).  I would play counterstrike continuously only I have to sleep.

Esotastic

Most Replay Value?
« Reply #18 on: 11 Aug 2005, 05:21 »

Oblivion will be an amazing game. I loved Morrowind, and I can bet I'll love Oblivion more...I just need to spice up my computer, a bit.

But favourite replay value? Yeah, actually, probably Morrowind. Or, on the opposite end o' the gaming spectrum, Red Faction. I swear, blasting people with the rail driver never gets old.

Super Dave

Most Replay Value?
« Reply #19 on: 11 Aug 2005, 19:32 »

Ninja Gaiden for X-BOX

Getting tired of endless combos with swords? I think not!

soap

Most Replay Value?
« Reply #20 on: 12 Aug 2005, 12:14 »

ninja gaiden for the sega master system ;)
i still haven't finished the bugger !
it all gets a bit too much near the end to stick with. . .
Pages: [1]   Go Up