THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 09:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Final Fantast VII: Advent Children?  (Read 19051 times)

Deticui

Final Fantast VII: Advent Children?
« on: 16 Aug 2005, 15:38 »

I'm sure its been mentioned somewhere in the dredges of the forum archives, but since I just saw the all-english full trailer on the Steamboy DVD, I thought I'd see if anyone knew a concrete release date in the US, since PSM seems to think that it will be out in September.

I dropped about two pounds of food when the trailer came on, mouth wide open, eyes misting over, brother looking at me wondering what the hell was possessing his younger sibling....it was fucking great.

soap

« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2005, 05:34 »

i really want to see this ... might have to end up getting it from the webternet eventually

trolley

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2005, 07:10 »

I swear there used to be a countdown on the official site. It's gone now though, so I assume that means it has been delayed. Which totally sucks.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2005, 07:33 »

1up says it comes out on Sept. 14, that is all

Wulfen

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2005, 05:07 »

buggery. i wonder when us Auzzies get it? with the US or Europe? Cuz I hate waiting for my FF fix.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2005, 12:16 »

I WANT ADVENT CHILDREN.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

patch

« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2005, 01:27 »

hopefully they re-release the final fantasy vii game so that i can follow the plot actuallly having played it and not just reading the story on wikipedia.

Deticui

« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2005, 08:28 »

it would actually be in their best interest to remake FFVII for the PS3, considering if THAT was the game the system launched with, they would make MILLIONS in sales in just about every country on the planet that gets video games.

Course, I'm heavily biased since I just want to see Tifa's boobies in even better CG.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug 2005, 13:46 »

I will be getting it.
So hard.
Hell, i have 4 trailers for it on my computer.
And a Sephiroth Figure.
Im so not a fanboy though.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

patch

« Reply #9 on: 23 Aug 2005, 02:38 »

tifa's boobies in better cg?

why should that matter, hentai is independant of cg resolution.

OH WAIT THATS GROSS

neomang5

• Curry sauce
« Reply #10 on: 23 Aug 2005, 10:02 »

3d tentacles is for no!
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #11 on: 23 Aug 2005, 11:05 »

Quote from: Deticui
Course, I'm heavily biased since I just want to see Tifa's boobies in even better CG.

I think they copped out and made her a real person.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

ASturge

« Reply #12 on: 24 Aug 2005, 09:27 »

God DAMN

Merkava

« Reply #13 on: 24 Aug 2005, 20:28 »

FFVII is my favorite RPG, but damn, I want to stay away from this.

There's like, no plot. It's just special effects. It's Triple-X all over again. XP

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #14 on: 25 Aug 2005, 11:46 »

Pfft, VII sucks compared to VI (Kidding of course, MOM THEY WON'T STOP LAUGHING AT ME.)

Meh, I have no problem if it has "no plot."  Since it's all CG it's basicaly all special effects anyway.  Sveet.

Merkava

« Reply #15 on: 25 Aug 2005, 12:48 »

I wouldn't have a problem either, if it weren't a continuation of something that did.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #16 on: 25 Aug 2005, 13:22 »

Time out.  Calm down.  Count backwards from ten and take a deep breath.  

Besides I imagine there is more of a plot to it then what one can gather from trailers.

Yasser

« Reply #17 on: 28 Aug 2005, 10:45 »

i can't wait for this, but the japanese release won't have english subs, and apparently the US version has been delayed till november (but nothing official has been said by SE). and yeah, i have 3 ads and 3 trailers in a playlist i watch over and over. from what i've read on fansites the plot seems pretty thin by ff standards but then again this is only 97min long unlike the games.anyone crazy/rich enough to get the $300 version?

Merkava

« Reply #18 on: 28 Aug 2005, 12:07 »

Quote from: happybirthdaygelatin
Time out.  Calm down.  Count backwards from ten and take a deep breath.  

Besides I imagine there is more of a plot to it then what one can gather from trailers.

Heh, I occasionally overdue my emphasis. Nothing to worry about. I should take the extra effort and use the "bold" feature. :P

chamberk

« Reply #19 on: 05 Sep 2005, 13:04 »

You're not alone, happybirthdaygelatin.  I like VI more, too.

But VII does rock.  And this movie... I don't even know how it'll be, but it should kick ass, I hope I hope I hope.

Merkava

« Reply #20 on: 05 Sep 2005, 14:04 »

Yeah, you and every other "old-school" gamer.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #21 on: 06 Sep 2005, 11:22 »

Stranger Dan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #22 on: 06 Sep 2005, 18:31 »

I'm torn between my hatred of slow paced turn based RPGs and my love of gorgeous, fast paced action movies. I'll probably love this even if I'm totally unfamiliar with the backstory and end up totally lost. After all, I enjoyed FF: the Spirits Within.

Simulacra

« Reply #23 on: 06 Sep 2005, 22:24 »

^ i'm with this guy.  of course the games are going to be plot-thick.  they have to be if you're going to stick around for 70+ hours of gameplay.  you just can't get that into a movie, no matter how hard you try.  that's why the gam to movie crossover doesn't really work.  this is going to be an amazing film, but it's primary purpose will be to showcase what square can do.  they might even be using the same engine to build it that the ps3 will have, making this one of the biggest promotional efforts i've ever seen.  still, i expect it will not disappoint if you go into it knowing that and just try to enjoy it.  i plan to.

Yasser

« Reply #24 on: 12 Sep 2005, 10:39 »

anyone seen this yet?

Eldirial

« Reply #25 on: 12 Sep 2005, 11:23 »

I watched it last night, though I cannot speak Japanese, so my experiance was slightly lessened.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
« Reply #26 on: 12 Sep 2005, 13:06 »

Quote from: Stranger Dan
After all, I enjoyed FF: the Spirits Within.

As did I, though it did have its faults. Anyway, i dont think its delayed, as the english DVD version has leaked, so obviously its quite ready, but i just WANT IT ALREADY AAAAAAGH!

Yasser

« Reply #27 on: 12 Sep 2005, 14:18 »

actually it wasn't the english version that was leaked, it was the japanese version; someone/group fansubbed it shortly after the leak

Eldirial

« Reply #28 on: 13 Sep 2005, 17:15 »

It was rather good though- in the fanservice kinda way.

Better looking than Spirits Within for sure- the graphics are really quite nice.

Yasser

« Reply #29 on: 15 Sep 2005, 04:58 »

wheee, the extra OVA, Last Order has been subbed too :)

TheLoweringTide

« Reply #30 on: 15 Sep 2005, 21:50 »

I just got done watching it (LEGALLY BY MOVING TO JAPAN AND LEARNING JAPANESE AND BUYING IT WITH YENS I SWEAR).

It's pretty.  The story isOMG MOTORCYCLE FITE!

Mr Putter

« Reply #31 on: 19 Sep 2005, 16:12 »

I watched it last night and I was pretty impressed, but I would have liked to have seen more of the rest of the gang... and Cloud's hair is so scene!

Morokrat

« Reply #32 on: 19 Sep 2005, 16:18 »

this movie was pure beauty conserved in japanese subculture and presented as a special FX story ridden boomtastic kickass movie. plus the music was nice^^

lingy

« Reply #33 on: 20 Sep 2005, 22:53 »

Ne I loved the graphics, [because they were incredibly hot], however, I have to say the movie was a great disappointment to me.

Plus, my laptop is covered in drool by all of my church youth group friends who were pausing the screen everytime cloud did a particularly sexy pose...

Borondir

• Furry furrier
    • My Last.Fm
« Reply #34 on: 20 Sep 2005, 23:22 »

A friend of mine is a massive fanboy and immediately downloaded the Japanese version with the fansubtitles.  

I have to say I was really, really impressed, thought I've never played Final Fantasy. Of course the graphics were amazing, but the plot wasn't too bad actually.  

My friend has basically spent the last week talking about it constantly and getting all our non-geek friends excited about it. Its quite fun really.

Hado-Ken

« Reply #35 on: 21 Sep 2005, 08:45 »

It freaking ROCKS! I saw it in Japanese with English subtitles and loved it. Storyline was great, CGI was amazing, characters were great (Except for Cait Sith, he just rode Red XIII gibbering madly...) I want the soundtrack badly! Cloud's sword was cool, customiseable with 7 or so parts. :D I just hope when the English DVD comes out I'll be able to watch it in Japanese with subtitles like Spirited Away. They'll just ruin it otherwise, I don't think I could stand an hour and a half of Cloud speaking in a perky american accent and Barret speaking ebonics. :|

neomang5

• Curry sauce
« Reply #36 on: 21 Sep 2005, 10:52 »

Brilliant movie. Im buying it when it comes out, but have downloaded it also.
My main gripe is that who honestly could buy into all those swords fitting together like that, i mean, Come on.

And they officially have the most incredibly awesome ringtone of all time. Given a proper phone and the right recording, i would so use that.

GEEZ

@hado-ken: Holy ass is your signature long.

FreshJive787

• Furry furrier
« Reply #37 on: 26 Sep 2005, 19:03 »

i saw it and i wasnt impressed, i wanted something that wasnt OMG THEYRE ON MOTORCYCLES, or OMG THEYRE FLYING because thats all the movie was,   an hour and a half of people riding motorcycles and hitting eachother or flying  around, i mean i wanted final fantasy not DBZ

Dara

« Reply #38 on: 26 Sep 2005, 19:16 »

Movie was wicked awesome, totally buying it when the DVD comes out

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #39 on: 28 Sep 2005, 10:19 »

The movie is amazing, and if you missed the plot, you suck.

Vlishgnath

« Reply #40 on: 28 Sep 2005, 17:08 »

My local comic book retailer is getting a healthy supply of import DVD's on October 3rd.  I believe the US release is scheduled for year end, just before Christmas.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #41 on: 29 Sep 2005, 18:52 »

Being a terrible person, I have it bootleg. (Hey, I plan on getting it when it comes out...) I still haven't seen it all the way through, and I need to do my homework, so it's probably not going to be tonight that i finish it.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

dracotuni

« Reply #42 on: 02 Oct 2005, 16:35 »

when they come out with the remake (which they fricking will or i will KILL THEM...) they better put that sword in it as a side-quest or something.

AwesomeAaron

« Reply #43 on: 30 Oct 2005, 16:25 »

I just watchedit. I had no idea wtf was going on but I was content w/ 1 hour & 1/2 of awesome motercycles and crazy insane fighting. Vey cool. Even though I despise FF games (for the most part).

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #44 on: 02 Nov 2005, 19:50 »

It was pretty good. Some of the stuff looked better than real life.

Kthak

« Reply #45 on: 05 Nov 2005, 23:31 »

I loved this. Sure the story was essentially a ripoff of the game, the only difference being that instead of Sephiroth as the bad guy you had those three guys...

But the story was essentially the same (albeit happening after the game ended so certain things couldn't be repeated). They could have gone a different route, but the fight scenes were amazing and I couldn't believe the quality of the animation.

Tactical Error

• Plantmonster
« Reply #46 on: 07 Nov 2005, 04:06 »

I saw it back in mid September, a few times. It was goergeous as is to be expected frome S-E and the story, though cliche, wasn't half bad, but they could have done so much more with it. The whole thing seemd a little too isolated to me. I guess I've just been spoiled by they expansiveness and in-depth character developement of the games. To expand on a point made by someone else, I enjoyed the fact that the sword-combining throughout the movie built up to the very beautiful ultimate limit-break Omni-slash. Sure the movie echoed the original story, but, if you paid attention, that was the entire point.

I will be purchasing the dvd when it eventually releases in the US.
Quote from: camelpimp
Funny how recognizing the problem doesn't really help one on the road to solving it.
http://tacticalerror.deviantart.com/

Sideways

« Reply #47 on: 07 Nov 2005, 09:52 »

My roommate and I watched it, without subtitles, not knowing any Japanese.  Still enjoyable.  I long for the day when I can watch it, and fully understand WTF is going on, though!

Oh, our time spent watching it, as mentioned above, was the inspiration for this comic:

Vlishgnath

« Reply #48 on: 07 Nov 2005, 11:29 »

Hahaha, that's great.

Elemental Poser

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #49 on: 16 Nov 2005, 10:20 »

i've also seen it in japanese with english subtitles, and i agree with one person b4, it is a hell of a lot better than spirits within, i hated that movie with a passion and i enjoyed advent children very much so.
Live for something, or you'll die for nothing...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up