Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: OMG  (Read 17129 times)

Micolithe

OMG
« Reply #50 on: 20 Aug 2005, 13:56 »

It did in the US, I know that for sure. In canada, though, I'm not too sure. My grandfather lives in the northernmost part of Maine, so he gets both Canadian and US channels, although I can't tell which is which for some of them.

stevethepirate

OMG
« Reply #51 on: 20 Aug 2005, 15:08 »

It was on Much More Music, that's still around but I'm not sure what happened to the original Much. Funny thing though, I just saw Ben Stein singing boulevard of broken dreams, the greenday song for any of you that don't know what it is.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
OMG
« Reply #52 on: 20 Aug 2005, 15:23 »

Quote from: Hatebunny
Nine inch Nails NEVER gets any airplay on Much or MuchMoreMusic.

Lies, one hundred percent. I've seen "The Hand That Feeds" on Much, and they interviewed Reznor for their special, "The Star Machine," using a whole bunch of his material in the finished show.

Also, the reason Tool doesn't get airplay is because they haven't released a single since they, you know, broke up. A Perfect Circle got airplay, back when they released videos and singles that people could stand to watch and listen to.

In Canada, Much is still Much.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
OMG
« Reply #53 on: 20 Aug 2005, 16:03 »

Does the Canadian version (what you silly canucks call Much Music) have that goddawful Dedicate Live show?
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Luke

OMG
« Reply #54 on: 20 Aug 2005, 16:40 »

Hey come on, I happen to like Dedicate Live! I have at least one message on there per week, man!

(KIDDING, kidding)

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
OMG
« Reply #55 on: 20 Aug 2005, 16:45 »

Dedicate live is really actually hilarious until you remember that those are messages that people actually wrote and that they're not just making it all up.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Luke

OMG
« Reply #56 on: 20 Aug 2005, 16:55 »

True.

I found it particularly amusing when Good Charlotte had a song on that show and it didn't get any dedications.

But one thing that did bug me once was when "Wake Up (Make a Move)" by Lostprophets was played, and every single dedication involved making a move involving relationships. I remember subconsciously screaming "IT'S A SONG ABOUT REVOLUTION, YOU IDIOTS" - seriously, you'd think the video would give it away (as if the lyrics aren't enough).

La Creme

OMG
« Reply #57 on: 20 Aug 2005, 19:22 »

In all honesty, it doesn't matter at all whether a band is popular or not. All that matters is if you like them or not.

Unfortunately, current popular music does tend to suck a lot...

PS. And I think Funeral is ace.

SeanBateman

OMG
« Reply #58 on: 20 Aug 2005, 19:35 »

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
OMG
« Reply #59 on: 20 Aug 2005, 19:48 »

I have long cherished the desire for the last panel of that on a t-shirt. But I know not how to screen-print.

Woe is me.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

La Creme

OMG
« Reply #60 on: 20 Aug 2005, 21:02 »

They sell printable transfer paper that you transfer with an iron. I made a shirt during the 2004 elections that said "*Picture of skull the troll* For President!" I love it a lots. But its all a-faded.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
OMG
« Reply #61 on: 20 Aug 2005, 21:29 »

That last panel would make the best shirt ever.

Also, I love the Queers.

stevethepirate

OMG
« Reply #62 on: 21 Aug 2005, 16:53 »

Kai, why are you calling us "Canucks"? Did someone from Canada happen to do you some kind of wrong or were you just being sarcastic?

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
OMG
« Reply #63 on: 21 Aug 2005, 17:41 »

Quote from: La Creme
They sell printable transfer paper that you transfer with an iron. I made a shirt during the 2004 elections that said "*Picture of skull the troll* For President!" I love it a lots. But its all a-faded.

Yeah, but I can't find any that work on BUHLAWHK
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
OMG
« Reply #64 on: 21 Aug 2005, 18:11 »

Quote from: stevethepirate
Kai, why are you calling us "Canucks"? Did someone from Canada happen to do you some kind of wrong or were you just being sarcastic?

Sarcasm, and more of a joke to some Canadian friends of mine who alwasy call us silly Americans names.

Aphi

OMG
« Reply #65 on: 21 Aug 2005, 18:37 »

Go ahead and panic if you will, but the Arcade Fire just hit the top thirty.

sp2

OMG
« Reply #66 on: 21 Aug 2005, 18:41 »

Hey indie kids!  Your scene is mainstream!  How does that feel, huh?

Johnny C

• Mentat
OMG
« Reply #67 on: 21 Aug 2005, 18:54 »

Quote from: Aphi
Go ahead and panic if you will, but the Arcade Fire just hit the top thirty.

They already hit it with "Rebellion (Lies)."

sp2: Yeah well at least our scene puts out consistently good music. OWNED

Aphi

OMG
« Reply #68 on: 21 Aug 2005, 19:12 »

Yeah, well now Neighborhood #3(Power Out) is on the top thirty. I think it was 28 or something.

I'd know, but i never watch the top thirty. I just saw them briefly talk about how they're new to the countdown this week.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
OMG
« Reply #69 on: 21 Aug 2005, 19:31 »

I think Judas Priest hit the charts once in this country...a bit after Bauhaus...

*breaks down weeping*

Twenty years too late! Twenty years too late!

sp2

OMG
« Reply #70 on: 21 Aug 2005, 20:42 »

Quote from: Johnny C
sp2: Yeah well at least our scene puts out consistently good music. OWNED

You make assumptions to what my scene is.  And your assumptions are probably wrong.

Johnny C

• Mentat
OMG
« Reply #71 on: 21 Aug 2005, 22:26 »

Yeah, I just said it to be inflammatory. Also to mock you, whatever your scene is.

EDIT: Out of sheer curiousity, does it have anything to do with punk/hardcore/post-hardcore?

sp2

OMG
« Reply #72 on: 21 Aug 2005, 22:41 »

I like punk, hardcore, and post-hardcore, but I damned well don't restrict myself to that scene.  I don't really consider myself as belonging to any given scene.  I don't dress towards any given scene, I don't restrict myself musically to any scene, and I don't restrict myself sociopolitically to any given scene.  I really don't like the idea of counterculture "movements" in general because I think it is mainly a means to make a brand-name out of dissent (be it Punk, Hippie, Hipster, Goth, Rastafarian, or whatever).  If people put half as much time into actually making change rather than trying to fit into a crowd that claims to support social change, the world would be a significantly better place.

So my scene is, if anything, counter-counter-culture (not to be mistaken with mainstream, because I'm not).

Bob

OMG
« Reply #73 on: 21 Aug 2005, 23:27 »

Scenes can be so dumb. They consist of people who think their scene is where to be and if you so happen aren't in that scene they think they should shit on you.
Scenes real cool!

Johnny C

• Mentat
OMG
« Reply #74 on: 21 Aug 2005, 23:41 »

Quote from: sp2
counter-counter-culture

At least you're not counter-counter-counter-culture. Those guys are douchebags.

sp2

OMG
« Reply #75 on: 22 Aug 2005, 00:46 »

I'm pretty sure it starts getting into a recursive loop after two counters, and you end up either raging against everything, including yourself, or you end up burning your brain out and genuinely loving everyone.

Kid Modernist

OMG
« Reply #76 on: 22 Aug 2005, 02:23 »

I'm pretty sure it starts getting into a recursive loop after two counters, and you end up either raging against everything, including yourself, or you end up burning your brain out and genuinely loving everyone.

I think I'm getting towards that last bit. I'm also listening to a lot of Elephant 6

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
OMG
« Reply #77 on: 22 Aug 2005, 07:02 »

Screw all counter-cultures to the nth degree, the anti-culture is where it's at.

Not An Addict

OMG
« Reply #78 on: 22 Aug 2005, 07:42 »

Is there an apathy culture? Because if there is, I'm so there.

Johnny C

• Mentat
OMG
« Reply #79 on: 22 Aug 2005, 09:57 »

Quote from: Not An Addict
Is there an apathy culture?

Eh, who cares?

NotAnotherTeenUser

OMG
« Reply #80 on: 22 Aug 2005, 10:08 »

bla bla bla, American history fact  :  200 years of slavery ...

I like when red water goes out ... and when good band appears on music station ...

:P I hate you :P :*

Johnny C

• Mentat
OMG
« Reply #81 on: 22 Aug 2005, 10:10 »

The mods won't take kindly to that, man. Post-editing time GO!

.Kate.

OMG
« Reply #82 on: 22 Aug 2005, 10:33 »

meh whatever.  I haven't watched much music in a good few years.  Sometimes if I'm bored I'll watch Wedge (which is a show) but the VJ's kind of annoy me.

stevethepirate

OMG
« Reply #83 on: 22 Aug 2005, 13:30 »

Agreed, when I started this thread it was the first time I'd watched much in about five years.

.Kate.

OMG
« Reply #84 on: 22 Aug 2005, 13:51 »

I had to go there and do one of those shadow days things with my college and it was really cool behind the scenes but alot of the vjs and stuff were annoying.  Aaron (the blonde 1) was alright, he knew his stuff but alot of the girls are kinda clueless.

Not An Addict

OMG
« Reply #85 on: 23 Aug 2005, 22:53 »

That new blonde chick drives me up the fucking wall. She's so twitchy and fake. And the black girl with the floppy afro...gah. She can't even speak clearly.

Johnny C

• Mentat
OMG
« Reply #86 on: 23 Aug 2005, 23:48 »

Leah, you mean. And yeah, she drives me effing nuts.

At least she isn't Matte, though. If anyone on this board ever has the chance to be on live TV when Matte's on, ask him, "Are you actually retarded, or just socially inept?"

sp2

OMG
« Reply #87 on: 24 Aug 2005, 00:49 »

See, this is why I don't watch TV.  Too stressful.

.Kate.

OMG
« Reply #88 on: 24 Aug 2005, 06:38 »

Quote from: Johnny C
Leah, you mean. And yeah, she drives me effing nuts.

At least she isn't Matte, though. If anyone on this board ever has the chance to be on live TV when Matte's on, ask him, "Are you actually retarded, or just socially inept?"

hahahaha.  I never got the chance to meet him.  I think he started working there after I quit.  I'm going to start watching Much cause I have yet to see him.

stevethepirate

OMG
« Reply #89 on: 24 Aug 2005, 18:46 »

you know what, nowadays something like Jhonny C's idea could probably get you both fired and sued. The bastards would be all, "That's harrasment!" and then you'd go to jail for not being able to pay 5 million dollars in emotional damages. I don't think that all these corporations should play up music like that though anyways, it sort of kills the purpose of listening to music when it's all owned by a massive conglomerate that doesn't care what the music sounds like as long as they get another 0 added to the end of their paycheck.

.Kate.

OMG
« Reply #90 on: 24 Aug 2005, 18:47 »

I watched Razor for the first time today.  It was the worst thing I've ever seen.

rive gauche

Re: OMG
« Reply #91 on: 24 Aug 2005, 19:01 »

Quote from: stevethepirate
Not long ago I was flipping through the channels on my buddy's TV. I decided on seeing what was playing on Much More Music to see if anything interesting was playing or which bands I used to listen to, had become commercial slaves. And wouldn't you know it, the very next song that played was Power out by the Arcade Fire. I then proceeded to loudly yell "Fucking hell!" while sitting in the middle of the kitchen eating a Nutella sandwhich. This being very abrupt had absolutely no affect on my friends because they are used to me yelling out random things and being "spontaneous". But anyway, it made me sad to think that the Arcade Fire had stooped so low as to have their song played on Much. But in the back of my mind I congratulated them for making it onto the major music scene. Vopice your opinion.

nutella is disgusting.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
OMG
« Reply #92 on: 24 Aug 2005, 19:49 »

River Gauche wins the totally fucking off topic award. woo!

I've never had nutella (or even know what the hell Nutella is), so.

.Kate.

OMG
« Reply #93 on: 24 Aug 2005, 19:51 »

I've never had it, but basically it's hazelnut peanutbutter and chocolate.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
OMG
« Reply #94 on: 24 Aug 2005, 19:56 »

That sounds good.

Anyways, do you Canadian folks get that one Metal show, where the lady like, answers stupid metalheads' questions and then plays shitty metal music? that show is hilarious if you happen to be with a few friends at like, 1 in the morning. Especially when someone asks what they should do about some teacher who keeps giving them detentions for wearing their slipknot shirt to school and all of us immediatly yell "STOP LiSTENING TO SLIPKNOT" in unison as an answer. at one in the morning.

sp2

OMG
« Reply #95 on: 24 Aug 2005, 20:16 »

OH MAN THAT CHICK IS HILARIOUS!

What's her name, Juliya?  She looks like a total tramp.  Not only that, but she lacks imaginative piercings and tatoos.  She's not really even goth, although she tries to be.  Listen, sister, goth isn't just about wearing black latex, mmkay?  Plus, most of the questions she answers are socially-retarded guys asking her for a date.  And then she tried to act all hardcore and was talking about blood and violence when it's obvious that bitch never moshed in her entire life.  Stupid whore.  OH!  And then she interviewed some terribly lame screamcore band and was talking about how METAL they were.  No, no, they're screamcore.  Not metal.  Not metal at all.  Sorry, dude.  Plus, they sucked.

I was watching that show this summer with a friend of mine (who isn't as goth as Khar, but is pretty close) and she and I just laughed our asses off the whole time.  I'm pretty sure that Coldplay is more "FUCKING METAL" than that chick is.

.Kate.

OMG
« Reply #96 on: 24 Aug 2005, 20:32 »

I've never heard of this show.  It fills me with curriousity though.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
OMG
« Reply #97 on: 24 Aug 2005, 20:36 »

(who isn't as goth as Khar, but is pretty close)

I don't even call myself goth anymore, got over that when I was 16, but man, it depresses me even with the fact that I'm not really goth, and I don't really dress goth, that I'm far far far far far far far far far more goth than anyone I know below the age of 20 who does label themselves goth. It makes me want to press the back of my hand to my forehead and listen to Floodland, it really does.

And if God existed, he would shit nutella. That is my thoughts on that matter. Fuck, I need nutella now. Like, physically need.

Mr Blue Sky

OMG
« Reply #98 on: 24 Aug 2005, 20:47 »

Hey, even I am more goth than fourteen years-old brats who have no idea what The Cure, Bauhaus or even Sisters of Mercy were. Ad I listen mostly to The Shins and Bob Dylan these days...

As for The Arcade Fire, I'm glad for them. More airtime means more people will listen to it and more good music sold everywhere. These guys are leading the way for a bunch of cool anglo-montrealers bands like The Dears, The Stills or Stars.

Seriously, I don't know if it's the same in English Canada, but MusiquePlus (french MMusic) actually plays  a wide variety of bands, from high class shit to really cool stuff.

.Kate.

OMG
« Reply #99 on: 24 Aug 2005, 20:56 »

MPlus kicks mmusics ass anyday.  I need to move back to montreal dammit.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up