THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achieving Bono-like falsettos...  (Read 6120 times)

ellipsis

Achieving Bono-like falsettos...
« on: 01 Sep 2005, 12:52 »

Well, this actually happened to me today, and since I joined this forum today, I'll post it here, I guess.

So, like many people out there, I have the habit of singing in the shower. Now, I have a very pleasant baritone ( this opinion is not shared by the general public ) and the acoustics in the shower complement it nicely. Today, I was trying out "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own", and I had just reached the part where he goes "And it's yoooooooooouuuuuuuu when I look in the mirror....." when, all of a sudden, by mistake, I knocked the shower faucet onto the "Cold water" setting. The ensuing gush of H2O which seemed to have been piped straight from some Alpine glacier allowed me to temporarily reach Bono-like heights of falsetto. I will never sing in the shower again. Well, atleast not for the next week.

Weird singing experiences, anyone?

Luke

« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2005, 13:06 »

Okay, for some of the more nerdy music people out there, y'know how there's the chest voice, then the head voice, then falsetto?

The other day, somehow, I was singing in a voice that was between the chest voice and the head voice. I was hitting frickin' B-flats that I can normally never hit without switching to head voice.

But normally, I can hit any high note you throw at me in my head voice / falsetto. U2, Coldplay, The Immigration Song, you name it. John Legend, even (although his notes in that one song are a bit harder to hit in chest voice; I often have to go falsetto).

Singing high is fun. But in my chest voice, my range goes from a low D-flat to a high A-flat. </slightly off-topic boasting>

Maui

« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2005, 13:25 »

Heh, im a girl, so i spose its easier for me, but i can sing rather high naturally. I never sing the really high stuff in chorus though cause i tend to lose my voice several times throughout the winter, and singing high alot just provokes my voice to run away lol. But it is fun eh.

Merkava

« Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2005, 14:06 »

I sang songs by The Walkmen for about a week. After that, I was able to sing like Tom Waits. That was fun. -__-;

SpacemanSpiff

« Reply #4 on: 01 Sep 2005, 16:59 »

So can I. I think. I'm not actually sure whether this sounds good, but to me, it sounds okay.
Then, after a while, my voice is fucked up.

Also, this one time, I managed to do some throat-singing while singing  Botch's We Are The Romans and completely freaked out my ex.

Signum_Tenebrae

« Reply #5 on: 01 Sep 2005, 17:17 »

There's a very shrill valkyrie like falsetto scream at the beginning of Slayer - Angel of Death that I can something shriek out while I'm driving really fast in the car or something.

La Creme

« Reply #6 on: 01 Sep 2005, 17:34 »

I can't sing for crap. But every once in a while, I'll get a song great. I've done it mostly with "Carousel" by Mr. Bungle, "Still... You Turn Me On" by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, and "Howl A Little" by The Sugarplastic.

shrimp

« Reply #7 on: 01 Sep 2005, 17:39 »

My singing is dreadful! Absolutely completely toneless! So bad that when I was 10 in the school play I was politely asked to mine the words. Very few people actually get to hear me sing, thanks to that single horrifyingly embarrassing incident. Scarred for life, probably.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2005, 18:38 »

There are two songs that I really like singing, one of them is Get Me to the Church on Time from My Fair Lady, and the other is King Herod's song from Jesus Christ Supestar.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

e-z0r

« Reply #9 on: 01 Sep 2005, 19:20 »

Quote from: ironoxide887
There are two songs that I really like singing, one of them is Get Me to the Church on Time from My Fair Lady, and the other is King Herod's song from Jesus Christ Supestar.

Interesting.. Show music. I've seen both of those, JCSuperstar in english and My fair lady in swedish. :)

So while I'm Finnish and reading swedish is mandatory, I suck at it, and My fair lady was sort of lost on me. I understood what happened and liked the audio world but then I understood near to nil of all the lyrics :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up