THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: makai kingdom  (Read 4457 times)

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
makai kingdom
« on: 05 Sep 2005, 07:21 »

Are there any other Nippon Ichi/strategy rpg fans here?  I just found out that there new game is out.
http://www.nisamerica.com/games/MK/index.html

Merkava

makai kingdom
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2005, 11:17 »

I hate NI so much. So much.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
makai kingdom
« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2005, 11:30 »

Why is that?

Merkava

makai kingdom
« Reply #3 on: 05 Sep 2005, 12:07 »

Their games are just boring. The battle systems are overly complicated and the plot is nonexistant, or at the very most, stupidly told. People play the games to max out and become uber powerful, which is not how I play games. I play for story and characters, but these games are designed for completionists. I just don't find the games fun.

I don't see the draw. They have ruined SRPGs for me.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
makai kingdom
« Reply #4 on: 06 Sep 2005, 10:55 »

This sounds awesome, especialy the facility and invite abilities.  The only other strategy rpg games I've played are Front Misson 4, La Puelle, and FF Tactics Advance.  No, wait.  Both Fire Emblem games for GBA I've played as well.

I think Nipon Ichi may be working on a PSP game.  It was them or Mastiff Games, I can't remember.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
makai kingdom
« Reply #5 on: 06 Sep 2005, 12:38 »

Quote from: Merkava
Their games are just boring. The battle systems are overly complicated and the plot is nonexistant, or at the very most, stupidly told. People play the games to max out and become uber powerful, which is not how I play games. I play for story and characters, but these games are designed for completionists. I just don't find the games fun.

I would disagree that the stories are bad, but then I really liked the children's story style of Phantom Brave, whereas most people seemed to consider that a downside.

As for needing to max out, well yeah, that does suck.  Referring again to Phantom Brave, if I hadn't found out about the Failure dungeon trick, I would have spent MANY tedious hours leveling up.

Quote from: happybirthdaygelatin
The only other strategy rpg games I've played are Front Misson 4, La Puelle, and FF Tactics Advance.  No, wait.  Both Fire Emblem games for GBA I've played as well.

I recommend downloading a Genesis emulator and playing Shining Force.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
makai kingdom
« Reply #6 on: 06 Sep 2005, 15:57 »

I've heard good things of it.  When the inertnets reach my abode it shall be done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up