THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding subtitles to movies  (Read 6172 times)

dinosrawr

adding subtitles to movies
« on: 13 Sep 2005, 18:18 »

so er i dled a movie that is in another language, and a .sub file was included, how do i load the subtitles with the movie?

thaaaanks.

Eldirial

Re: adding subtitles to movies
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2005, 18:22 »

Quote from: dinosrawr
so er i dled a movie that is in another language, and a .sub file was included, how do i load the subtitles with the movie?

thaaaanks.

When I played FF advent Children, Windows Media player automatically opened the subs file for me, since I had it in the folder with the original japanese subs also... thats all I know, though..

dinosrawr

Re: adding subtitles to movies
« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2005, 20:14 »

Quote from: Eldirial
Quote from: dinosrawr

thaaaanks.

When I played FF advent Children, Windows Media player automatically opened the subs file for me, since I had it in the folder with the original japanese subs also... thats all I know, though..

they were in the same folder as the movie?

Eldirial

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2005, 20:16 »

Yeah, I played with it, and tryed out the subs in the "subs" folder, then in the main folder.  I believe it worked with them in the subs folder, but I can't remember now.

joshuasaurus

« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2005, 23:20 »

i have had nothing but bitter frustration when dealing with downloading videos. between failed connections, obscure codecs, glitches, and/or poor quality, i'm not a fan. that being said, i've only tried it twice... the video stores aren't that far away, after all ;P

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2005, 01:29 »

www.dvdrhelp.com is your best site for anything movies on the PC.

download avicodec it is the best program ever. You load a video into it and it tells you what the video and audio codecs are and where to download them.

I use BSplayer it works for everything, and it has nice features like subs and such, and it works with most codecs, unlike WMP.
also israel

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2005, 07:56 »

Somebody downloaded Advent Childern......

dinosrawr

« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2005, 10:53 »

;D

dinosrawr

« Reply #8 on: 14 Sep 2005, 10:54 »

anyway, i found out i shouldn't be using a .sub, instead, use a .srt file instead. so thanks for the help.

;D

morca007

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2005, 17:12 »

Quote from: Trollstormur
www.dvdrhelp.com is your best site for anything movies on the PC.

download avicodec it is the best program ever. You load a video into it and it tells you what the video and audio codecs are and where to download them.

I use BSplayer it works for everything, and it has nice features like subs and such, and it works with most codecs, unlike WMP.

I concur, Bsplayer is the best media player on the planet. Although lately mine has taken to needing to buffer videos for unnaturally long times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up