THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 21:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm not sure if it is or not...  (Read 2531 times)

beckrokk

I'm not sure if it is or not...
« on: 14 Sep 2005, 02:12 »

...but I attempted to do a vector-type image without using vectoring, so I cheated I suppose. I'm happy at the results considering it's the first time I've done something like this.

It took me about 3 1/2 hours to finish with Photoshop 7. I used the pen tool to outline the lighting I thought was there, and then filled it in. Touched up the empty spots with the brush. I think the lips and eyes came out the best.

Here's the original image:

One thing I'm sure I did incorrectly was trying to go a bit too literal with the coloring. Another is, I didn't realize it until about 75% done, that I had done the whole damn thing on one layer! But I guess it's all a learning experience.

Have you any other tips for improvement?

tha_nut

I'm not sure if it is or not...
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2005, 06:43 »

Try blending the edges a little more on the lighting as there are some sharp contrast changes during the picture which really detract from the overall scope of the work, on a new layer try running a softening filter or air brush the colours, whatever takes your fancy.  But overall good job, photoshop is really fun to play with, i love doing crazy things to photos.  A good trick is to air brush out a persons right eye and then shift the left one to the cntr of their forehead using cut and drag.then using the airbrush to cover any white spots you have left and blend the eye in so as it looks natural.
Pages: [1]   Go Up