THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 22:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Orson Scott Card's books  (Read 3589 times)

practicality

Orson Scott Card's books
« on: 05 Sep 2005, 00:18 »

So... which ones would you guys recommend? And why? I've read Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, and Shadow of the Hegemon and liked them all for the most part.

JLM

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Orson Scott Card's books
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2005, 14:59 »

The only thing I've read of his at all is the recent stint he began on Marvel's Ultimate Iron Man series.

Doesn't seem too bad, though I'm always on the lookout for the subversive mormon undertones I'm always hearing about in his writing.

My Aim Is True

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.ospreyradio.com
Orson Scott Card's books
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2005, 08:06 »

Quote from: JLM
The only thing I've read of his at all is the recent stint he began on Marvel's Ultimate Iron Man series.

Doesn't seem too bad, though I'm always on the lookout for the subversive mormon undertones I'm always hearing about in his writing.

I was gonna say almost the same thing. he seems to be playing a bit fast and loose Tony Stark's origin, but as long as they show him sliding into alcoholism, it'll be gravy with me.
Broken hearts are for assholes. Are you an asshole?

1patheticloser

Orson Scott Card's books
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2005, 23:30 »

I read through most of the series, Ender's, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind, Ender's Shadow, and Shadow of the Hegemon. I really got into the philosophical nature of the first three sequels, but they did get kinda strange. Then the newer sequels got all Tom Clancy spy on me. Couldn't get into it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up