THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 30 Apr 2024, 10:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion  (Read 9106 times)

RedLeather

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
« on: 18 Sep 2005, 13:35 »

Okay, so i made a stupid mistake (Pre-Paying off an Xbox Core bundle that comes with Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and then putting money down for the PC Version.) But i think i'll playt he PC build more -Twitch.- on Morrowind, I used the TESCS (The Elder Scrolls Construction Set) Like a madwoman, and created my own races Ah...like, really involved, as in, actually geetting a team together, making a sub-set quest for them, really, it was a bunch of my friends and me, working in a room with four Dell precision (Really big Rendering software monsters) and making a exceptional race that all four of us still use when we get a hankering for it.

Now, i'm hoping Oblivion with inspire other gamers and me to do the same, and make our own stuff, Besides looking amazing, and having mounts, I think this game has great capacity for outshining a few RPG's

I suppose this thread is for talking about, and gathering information on
oblivion. and talking about other games in the series: Arena, Redguard, Daggerfall, and Morrowind

EDIT: Okay, so i pressed Submit to soon, My favorite moment in Elderscrolls history, particularly in morrowind...was slaughering a town that you didn't like, and bein totally able to get away with it, ....but please note, after four or five small Dunmer villges slaughtered, then destroying balmora...Needless to say, I was no longer welcomed in towns..o_o Diddn' even have the option to pay a "fine"

Eldirial

« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2005, 22:32 »

Morrowind was great- i also enjoyed Daggerfall.  I must admit I will more likely be playing the new one on the xbox than on the PC, since my next computer I am getting is a cheap media center mac- I can't wait, but its not going to be a game machine, I imagine.

But yeah, destorying towns was amazing- I liked getting my little house/tower (depending on alligence) and laying out all the coolest armour and weapons in it- I made myself little dens of power, I guess.

GebStar

• Furry furrier
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2005, 05:42 »

I loved Morrowind.
Once i was wandering out near the ashlands and i ran into this warrior who claimed to have never been defeated and begged me to kill him. So after about three hours of fighting i end up killing the s.o.b. and i take all his gear, which is brand spanking new orc armor, which looks a lot like samurai armour. It's got a bunch of power ups on it and to cap it off he gives up what is titled, the "Umbra Sword" I loved that sword. Till this day, no matter how hard i try i still can't find that one guy.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

RedLeather

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2005, 07:14 »

Hehe..I was playing through it again today in my spare time...and i had the awesome idea of trailing like 4, or 500 monsters  (I had to cheat stamina and put on invincible) all the way to balmora...then they destroyed the town and wreaked havoc..Not I..-Glee.-

Eldirial

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2005, 09:17 »

Quote from: GebStar
I loved Morrowind.
Once i was wandering out near the ashlands and i ran into this warrior who claimed to have never been defeated and begged me to kill him. So after about three hours of fighting i end up killing the s.o.b. and i take all his gear, which is brand spanking new orc armor, which looks a lot like samurai armour. It's got a bunch of power ups on it and to cap it off he gives up what is titled, the "Umbra Sword" I loved that sword. Till this day, no matter how hard i try i still can't find that one guy.

Yeah, he was off in the mountains to the east- near some of the ruins.  Fairly hard to find without luck or a map, though it was a pretty damn good sword he dropped.

Not an easy fight, depending on when you found him, though.

RedLeather

« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2005, 13:52 »

There was a mod that i had, which made the game so much more fun...You could play as a Vampire throughout the game...you just had to have Lots and Lots of gold or a high speechcraft skill so you coyuld convince people you wouldn't attack them..you could also conert others or make them your slaves...it was like, the Vampire Realism mod or sumfin.

Eldirial

« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2005, 13:53 »

See, Dont talk of mods to me! I don't get to mess with those wonderful things, playing the xbox version and all. *sniffle*

RedLeather

« Reply #7 on: 19 Sep 2005, 13:55 »

-Gasps!- -Pet's the poor Eldirial- Well it's a fair trade off, seeing as you have xbox live and all that...although we do have free internet...so..I dunno xP Oh wait! you guy's don't have to constantly get better hardware..

Eldirial

« Reply #8 on: 19 Sep 2005, 13:56 »

Hence the reason I will have to be playing the xbox version- lack of computer money.

RedLeather

« Reply #9 on: 19 Sep 2005, 14:02 »

Ah well, heh, the guy;'s at the gamestore i go to are really cool e.e; they are letting meh switch out the xbox 360 oblivion for another release title..Squee for me!

Eldirial

« Reply #10 on: 19 Sep 2005, 19:20 »

Nice! Now.. the question is... do I give in to my urges and buy a gameboy micro the day it comes out? XD

RedLeather

« Reply #11 on: 19 Sep 2005, 19:32 »

What...is a...Gameboy..Micro?

Back ont opic: I picked up morrowind again, yup. I'm finished with the main plot..so ...I..the Neververaine pronounced death on all the heretical cities of the empire..xP

Eldirial

« Reply #12 on: 19 Sep 2005, 20:17 »

http://micro.gameboy.com/

And if I hadn't left the Xbox with the ex girlfriend, I would do the same thing... it was such a good game, worth every penny.

And playing it over and over is still fun, because it is different all the time.

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #13 on: 19 Sep 2005, 21:45 »

I've recently picked up morrowind again.  I forgot how awesome that game was.  I will admit that the combat is a little lacking but the scope and sheer size of everything more than makes up for it.  I run so many mods for it now it's rediculous, but awesome.  I love a lot of the visual enhacements that are out there.  I never cared for the original models.  Especially the heads.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

RedLeather

« Reply #14 on: 20 Sep 2005, 05:33 »

spooky spooky heads....that's what they made the better Bodies and Head mods! I just wish Bethesda would pick up the que and add some of the mod's into the games...-Shruggle- Or not xP -Swoons- I love the claymores...BTW ...I r is scared of the gamebo micro..it's like the Ipod nano in looking fragille!

The 6th Man

« Reply #15 on: 21 Sep 2005, 21:56 »

I am totally excited and jizzing myself for Elder Scrolls IV. Go to their offical site, all the features are sweet.

On Umbra: He is not that hard to find. He is right in the mountains just outside of Suran, near a temple called Bal Ur. The easyest way to defeat any enemy is such: Get a good hand to hand skill. NOBODY tried it, but I did and it kicks ass. Thats how I defeated Umbra, pure hand to hand. Now, it took 15 minutes of just punching the guy, but once the endurance is gone it's a piece of cake.

The only thing that worries me is that they haven't released ANY info on race slecetion in IV. It might not even be in there. And thats just no fun...:(

5thWheel

« Reply #16 on: 22 Sep 2005, 00:55 »

Quote from: The 6th Man
The easyest way to defeat any enemy is such: Get a good hand to hand skill.(

IMO levitate to a ledge where they can't reach you and trash them with ranged weapons (including magic).  Even if you suck at ranged weapons you'll whittle them down in the end & it is good rw practice.  I kindof hated myself for doing this but I didn't really get on with Morrowind that well anyway.. Oblivion looks awesome tho! They fixed everything that bugged me about MW & it anyway just looks like a peach, drooool.

RedLeather

« Reply #17 on: 22 Sep 2005, 05:39 »

you probably have the 'human' I.e. Breton ( I forgot the other "human" lookingish ones...) Imperial? races to select...I don't think there are many Dunmer in Tamariell....-Shrug.-

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #18 on: 22 Sep 2005, 09:31 »

Hmm, Breton, Imperial, Redguard, Northlander (I'm not sure if that's the name but basicaly the Norse-ish humans).

Elder Scrolls: Marrowind is pretty neat but hard to get into.  I have a problem where it's almost an ADD like, I make a charecter and play them for a good solid chunk of time but just once.  Then I make another new charecter.

RedLeather

« Reply #19 on: 22 Sep 2005, 15:54 »

That's the problem with some games, too many options for teh ADD ones ....

crazybritishsteve

« Reply #20 on: 26 Sep 2005, 05:45 »

stupid double posting.............

crazybritishsteve

« Reply #21 on: 26 Sep 2005, 05:45 »

Yes yes, must create new character! Play for like 15mins going OMGNEWCHARACTERISSOKEWL! Then  about 30 seconds afterwards going 'i wish they could do <insert skill here> instead......' and new character ahoy! Bloody Morrowind! You eat my heart, soul and years of my life!

RedLeather

« Reply #22 on: 26 Sep 2005, 05:48 »

And now, so shall oblivion -Insert soul stealing music here.-

crazybritishsteve

« Reply #23 on: 26 Sep 2005, 05:50 »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Fushichou

« Reply #24 on: 29 Sep 2005, 06:44 »

I picked up Morrowind the other day. I <3 that game. My main character is around level 70. Pretty hot. I can taunt people, and then kill them and get away with it. I absoutely cannot wait for the next game.

Have any of you gotten the GOTY version?

RedLeather

« Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2005, 08:47 »

-Waves hand- I have the GOTY Ed. with bloodmoon, and Tribunal! Yup. Almalaxia <3 my sword xP

Fushichou

« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2005, 16:49 »

I haven't done that much with tribunal... the goblins scare the crap outta me... But then I just remind myself I am invincible, and can slay them in like, five hits with my fiend katana...

But those suckers attack in angry mobs! I'm like, "OMG!!" *screams and pauses game to pass out* ....and the sounds they make? Ew.

But now I don't know what to do with my original morrowind game, lol.

RedLeather

« Reply #27 on: 30 Sep 2005, 08:23 »

Give it to charity? Spread it among yuor friends like creamy peanutbutter? Make the world a better place with it?

I know! Make someone into a dunmer with the sharp pointy edges? >>;

Fushichou

« Reply #28 on: 03 Oct 2005, 05:32 »

Well, thats okay. I was at Best Buy the other day, and found *gasp!* the official guide for Morrowind and both expansions. It's hot.

It's beyond hot. Now I don't need to print things out anymore. I have a big stack of Morrowind stuff.... hell,it even has a page in the back for you to write notes. I need to write down the health, magicka, and fatigue cheats quickly. :P

zerofiftysix

« Reply #29 on: 03 Oct 2005, 18:01 »

I'll take the stack of morrowind papers.  Its the macho manly manual for Morrowind Buffs [translation:cheap bastard's manual]

Malkster

« Reply #30 on: 03 Oct 2005, 18:19 »

I SERIOUSLY enjoyed the GOTY version… until, do to some comp glitch-twitch, all my adamantium (sp?) armor vanished.  Forever.  From my secret hiddy-hole.

I quit playing in a pout.  But I am looking forward to hours of Oblivion. :)

Fushichou

« Reply #31 on: 03 Oct 2005, 18:56 »

Well yeah, but I always lost my papers, and stuff like that. Plus it's a real pain to print the main quest out...so I put it in like, number 6 or 8 font, and then printed it out :P
About the races: I heard somewhere, probably in a gaming magazine, that you'll be able to take your character to the next level. Plus Microsoft already said Xbox 360 is gonna be BC with TOP SELLING GAMES. Gee. I wonder where Morrowind would fall ^_~ I'm pretty sure you'll be able to take your character with you. Which would be hot.

EDIT: Also, about the Umbra sword.... and the location of the certain Orc who has it. Guess what book has his location? Thats right. I'll post the location and whatnot tomorrow, when I have more time, and the book in front of me~

Malkster

« Reply #32 on: 04 Oct 2005, 07:24 »

Take your character to the next level.  Couldn't you do that already?  From Morrowind to Tribunal?

What do you mean?

RedLeather

« Reply #33 on: 14 Oct 2005, 08:23 »

I dunno, but Horses + No classes + Getting better by doing = Yum. also the graphics are the Cream de la creme of the crop..i think anyway, for a while yet!
Pages: [1]   Go Up