THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 21:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Focus Group  (Read 3122 times)

theantrider

The Focus Group
« on: 21 Sep 2005, 01:26 »

I'm quite a lurker here. I have a little Web comic I've been working on a while. Actually, it didn't start as a Web comic. But anyway, I'm 26 pages into it now, so I thought I'd share it. It's called The Focus Group. The URL is:

www.tfgcomic.com

It's basically about a college guy and his cyborg best friend/roommate. I came up with it in mid-2003 or so, but I just managed to get it in presentable online form.

So, feel free to hate or love it. I'm not making it for anyone to like or even care about. I'm just doing it to tell a story I like. Though I'd probably be well served to get some more backstory in there.

So ... yeah. I hope at least some of y'all enjoy it, though. And I'll shut up now. Thanks for looking if you do.

P.S. Profuse apologies if I improperly posted this.

theMOTIVe

The Focus Group
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2005, 19:02 »

Pretty sweet comic you got going there, i liked the ninja story, and i want to know what they are going to do! But most of all, i like your site layout/template the best. it rules.

Stifled Dreams

The Focus Group
« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2005, 13:54 »

Er, I'm trying to use my best judgement here. I'm fairly sure that this goes into this category, but I'm not positive. Anyways, you seem like a very polite individual, so I just thought I'd warn you? Many pardons if I was wrong in this, but perhaps a link in your signature would work better.

On your comic, though: I like that your art style is clean, and I like that it is in grayscales. It took me a while to find out how to get other strips, but that's really my fault. I would have a bit constructive criticism to give, but I'm not sure if you want it and I'm a bit pressed for time. I think it's a good start!

theantrider

The Focus Group
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2005, 15:08 »

Well, crap. You think you've done your research and you miss the obvious post at the top ...

Sorry, y'all. I guess you get enough readers and everone starts trying to push their own thing and it drowns out meaningful conversation. Not sure if it's what I'd do with my forum (whenever I manage to get it running), but I don't make the rules around here, and I apologize. Thanks for not biting off my head over it.

So ... to save face, I welcome all constructive criticism. I'm doing it for myself, but I'd still like to do it better.

About the navigation: I attempted some php stuff, but it never worked out. I'm clueless with php and the friend who designed the site wasn't experienced with it. But she (www.heavy-eyes.com) did do a darn fine job with the layout, though. So, yeah, the navigation is kinda funky, but I'm slowly trying to figure out a new system. Thanks for confirming that I need to get on that. ha

Oh yeah, and thanks, theMoTIVe, I'm glad you like it.

TheMike

The Focus Group
« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2005, 15:23 »

honestly, i like the pop up windows for each part of your site, i normally hate this, but it somehow works.

Stifled Dreams

The Focus Group
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2005, 15:57 »

Aww, it's alright, just letting you know. And I never really bite peoples' heads off in forums, because I'm always half afraid that someone will do the same to me. Karma.

Anyways, as I said before, I do like your comic. Here are a few suggestions:
- As a personal opinion, you may want to make the lines of the boxes not hand-drawn. I'm sure there are people who would disagree with me, and I can understand if you don't want to change it, but I'm a big straight-line kinda girl.
Ok that's actually the only suggestion that I have right now. I'm not sure if you'll use it, but yeah, cool, and welcome-ish to the forums.

theantrider

The Focus Group
« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2005, 01:25 »

Thanks, y'all.

Yeah, I experimented last night with drawing a straighter line for the boxes. I like it, so I'll probably stick to it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Speaking of pop up windows, I need to get those fleshed out.

cacahuate

The Focus Group
« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2005, 20:02 »

Can't really get over the lack of navigation...
Pages: [1]   Go Up