THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 07:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragonforce  (Read 15333 times)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
Dragonforce
« Reply #50 on: 18 Nov 2005, 02:37 »

Hell, a medium for displaying 4 songs for free? Sounds good to me.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Dragonforce
« Reply #51 on: 18 Nov 2005, 06:30 »

All my projects have myspace pages. And soundclicks.

Maximum promotion, yo!
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Symptom

• Plantmonster
Dragonforce
« Reply #52 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:08 »

RESURECTION OF AN OLD THREAD

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/artists/DragonForce/video.aspx

cool video form the band, they're playing in montreal this saturday night, for anyone near :)

BE THERE FOOLS
the poster formely known as gutyreader

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
Dragonforce
« Reply #53 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:28 »

Power metal is awesome.  It's probably one of my favorite subgenres of metal (right behind prog metal, I'd say).  However, it has to be along that thin line of being all classically influenced, but not hilariously cheesy.  Dragonforce crossed the line, as did Rhapsody and Manowar.  Blind Guardian is really toeing the line on a lot of their songs, but I like them.  Nightwish is the same way (I wonder who they're going to get to replace Tarja.  I personally hope it's someone who completely doesn't try to imitate her).  Iced Earth is well back from the line, more towards straight metal, but I like them, too.  I could go on, but this seems to have already been gone over in the thread's first life.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
Dragonforce
« Reply #54 on: 24 Apr 2006, 11:14 »

I'll drink to that, BB.

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
Dragonforce
« Reply #55 on: 24 Apr 2006, 11:55 »

I cant stand Dragonforce. Actually, I cant stand listening to any Power Metal band (accept Therion, if you want to call them Power) for more then 5 consecutive minutes.
But whenever I hear a Dragonforce song, I just want to run away in the other direction before my ears implode from the sheer stupidity.

Quote from: Kai
Morbid Angel isn't Krieg unless you're looking for a good laugh! Unless they've stopped being kinda mediocre.

WHOA! You take that back!
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

casull

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • LJ
Dragonforce
« Reply #56 on: 24 Apr 2006, 12:47 »

Yeah, power metal... Don't get me wrong, I pretty much love it all, but sometimes it is just cheesy. Dragonforce is the worst offender I can think of.

Manowar seriously makes me believe they're about to go pour oil on themselves and charge into battle naked with braids afire, so I guess if you're not convinced it would be super-cheesy. (their album art is HILARIOUS, though.)

Wow, I totally didn't know tarja had left, shows how little I follow bands I like. I like where their sound has gone in more recent albums, it's gotten away from overly synthy ballads and into a more conventional metalish sound (with the notable exception of tarja's vocals, of course.)
Say old man, can you play the fiddle?

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
Dragonforce
« Reply #57 on: 24 Apr 2006, 12:54 »

Actually, she didn't leave.  She was kicked out.

Read the open letter here.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

casull

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • LJ
Dragonforce
« Reply #58 on: 24 Apr 2006, 12:59 »

Hmm, thanks. After the last post I started pawing through the nightwish site looking for something like that, but didn't find anything other than that they had fired her for taking actions against what the band stood for, or something.

*edit* Just read it... that really is sad. I knew that she stayed a little bit seperate from them sometimes, but just showing up to hit the studio then dissapearing again? :(

I hope they get an awesome high male vocalist or another good female to counterbalance marco and make more good noise.
Say old man, can you play the fiddle?

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
Dragonforce
« Reply #59 on: 24 Apr 2006, 14:34 »

Going to see them in a few weeks. Shit, I don't even listen to a lot of power metal, but there is nothing like an epic shred-fest for whimsy and mirth.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
Dragonforce
« Reply #60 on: 24 Apr 2006, 15:04 »

Herman Li is a god.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Dragonforce
« Reply #61 on: 24 Apr 2006, 15:49 »

so i was at seven eleven the other night...and on the door is an advertisment for Kool cigarettes...and all it shows is an asian dude goin crazy on this electric guitar. and he looks just like herman li........except his hair was only down to his shoulders (wimp). i still thought it was pretty badass though. i walked by then stopped and did a double take "hey! that looks like herman li!" the only person who knew what i was talking about was my buddy knuckles (he is obsessed with power metal).

p.s. anyone ever hear of, or listen to Norther? (not sure how its spelled). i keep getting told to listen to them but have yet to do so
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
Dragonforce
« Reply #62 on: 24 Apr 2006, 15:58 »

Norther should just rename themselves Children of Bodom, and the current holders of that title should just be called The Artist Formerly Known as Children of Bodom But Now Known as Suck.
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Dragonforce
« Reply #63 on: 24 Apr 2006, 16:25 »

Quote from: KharBevNor
Norther should just rename themselves Children of Bodom, and the current holders of that title should just be called The Artist Formerly Known as Children of Bodom But Now Known as Suck.

so.......is norther good or bad? and was that a reference to how much bodoms last album sucked (which it did with gusto)? i'm confused
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
Dragonforce
« Reply #64 on: 24 Apr 2006, 17:40 »

Norther are like a complete clone of old Children of Bodom.

So, yeah, a pretty good band.

nancygirl

Dragonforce
« Reply #65 on: 25 Apr 2006, 06:18 »

Dragonforce makes me want to cream myself. Seriously. Dragons, fast guitars and vocals that sound mega 80s. I don't think it gets much better than that.
Dragonforce are also touring here next month. Sadly I don't think I have the money for a ticket. Woe is me.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Dragonforce
« Reply #66 on: 25 Apr 2006, 14:10 »

Quote from: Misereatur

Quote from: Kai
Morbid Angel isn't Krieg unless you're looking for a good laugh! Unless they've stopped being kinda mediocre.

WHOA! You take that back!

To be fair, I have kinda gotten a bit more into the Angel.  And they were totally one of the first death metal bands I ever listened to.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
Dragonforce
« Reply #67 on: 25 Apr 2006, 14:29 »

I remember when I fist heard "Where The Slim Lives", I actually felt my mind blowing out.
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up