THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1001 craziest gaming experiences  (Read 28901 times)

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
1001 craziest gaming experiences
« Reply #50 on: 06 Mar 2006, 10:35 »

That reminds me of a time I was hanging out with friends playing online RTCW on the only computer that worked (we were doing a hotseat thing, and the other people on the servers must have thought El_Presidente was the oddest person ever to play the game).  I was the medic complaining about how much my team sucked, and how I had to do freaking everything.  At that point, I opened a door to see three enemy soldiers.  Of course, I killed them all, and went on to get the war plans (it was a modified beach).  Unfortunately, I didn't make it up to the surface, because of no backup, of course.  Kind of like the last time I played paintball.  It sucks when your own team blows ass.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

AlkalineJoe

« Reply #51 on: 06 Mar 2006, 16:33 »

I was once playing Half-Life 2, and I was on the highway near the beach, at the bit where you have to shut down the gate so you can drive over the bridge, and I decided that since i hadn't worked out how to do this yet ( =p) I would try throwing cars against it. So I did, to no avail. I then give up, and leave the car there, and search for the right way to shut it down. Searching, I turn round, only to see the car i had thrown right itself, float up into the air, and fly away into the distance. The game then proceeds to crash, and I get annoyed. It was strange, to say the least :p

edscoble

« Reply #52 on: 15 Mar 2006, 07:16 »

I remember when someone in HALO (obviously a kid) noticed there's a girl who's playing HALO as well, and he kept trying to flirt with her like "gt any pic?" etc.

the best part is while he's busy sweet-talkin' to t'bird, she kept fraggin him.

Kirbo

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com
« Reply #53 on: 15 Mar 2006, 07:43 »

Shenmue 1- Beating the 70 Man battle without taking damage, never screwing up a QTE, beating Chi without taking damage.

Shenmue 2- Beating Dou Nou without taking damage.

Toe Jam and Earl- Getting 10 randomizers in one game.
"Are you really the messiah?
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com/twisb.html

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
« Reply #54 on: 15 Mar 2006, 12:31 »

Well my friends and I converted this garage at my friends, brothers place into basically a 16/17 year old's dream hangout. I mean we had 4 couches, 4 27" TVs, any videogame system you could want, mini fridge, near naked posters of women on the walls, sataliete TV, I mean we had it made.
So every once in a while we'd invite a bunch of people over, get some shitty beer, and play massive 16 player halo games. So this one time we had a bunch of people their, and a few girls that we were hanging out with wanted to try playing halo, they of course were terrible, though the one girl had the single best halo kill I've ever seen. She had a sniper rifle and accidenitly just shot it off, and WAY on the other end of "Blood Gultch" and got an insaely great headshot, and actually the winning kill.

It was nuts.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #55 on: 15 Mar 2006, 13:35 »

Quote from: AlkalineJoe
I was once playing Half-Life 2, and I was on the highway near the beach, at the bit where you have to shut down the gate so you can drive over the bridge, and I decided that since i hadn't worked out how to do this yet ( =p) I would try throwing cars against it. So I did, to no avail. I then give up, and leave the car there, and search for the right way to shut it down. Searching, I turn round, only to see the car i had thrown right itself, float up into the air, and fly away into the distance. The game then proceeds to crash, and I get annoyed. It was strange, to say the least :p

I think I've heard of that one. They call it the "Harry Potter" error.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #56 on: 15 Mar 2006, 14:38 »

I used to be a bit of a Counter-Strike Geek.  Anyway, I managed to get 80/26 on de_dust on  35 or 40 min map rotation.  I was probably 74/14 but in my craze to break 80 I through myself at the enemy over and over.  I had a screenie back in the day.

A different time on cs_747 I got 63/4, but I was playing against idiots who didn't know what was going on so it doesn't really count.

Finally last CS achievement was back in the day I believe it was gamespy or some major site tried to do a universal CS ladder, it was pretty flawed because you could change your name and stuff if you were doing bad.  But anyway, without pulling bullshit like changing my name I got as high as #4.  This was early in CS though, maybe beta 2 or 3 so the pool of players was much smaller.

Now in new games, in Halo 2 on transit on ranked team slayer (we have our own Live! account on one Xbox so we can play ranked games split screen) me and my roommate got in a Warthog and I was driving he was gunning and we proceeded to get a Rampage, surviving all kinds of stuff.  I died once but he survived.  It was a direct rocket hit to the front of the Warthog that smoked me off but left him alive and kicking in the turret.  Throughout the rampage I think I only ran over one or two guys, I was pretty much dodging grenades and the odd Rocket(some locked on, some not) and positioning so he could actually hit stuff with the turret.  We even killed the Wraith a couple times.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
« Reply #57 on: 15 Mar 2006, 14:54 »

Speaking of CS, I showed up to this one server, after sucking on the previous one, and saw one of the guys from the previous server, who saw me sucking, was there.  It was the high rise, and I got assigned as the VIP in the first round.  Well, my entire team decided to do something really stupid and die really quickly, leaving me alone with just that stupid pistol.  Well, I ended up taking out their entire team before even getting to the helipad.  It was an amazing accomplishment, because I suck nads at first-person shooters.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Speeing

« Reply #58 on: 15 Mar 2006, 15:05 »

I had this amazing thing happen during the last week I played PlanetSide, a now-defunct MMOFPS.

Get in light armor, grab assault rifle. Run outside. Run up stairs. Turn corner, find enemies with heavy energy weapons. Dodge bullets, jump off balcony. Land on top of enemy tank. Curse violently, get thrown off tank. Tank fires & misses me with main gun. Notice I am conveniently placed near entrance. Run inside entrance. Enemies with heavy energy weapons turn around. Dodge more bullets as I run back outside. Get ran over by a buggy.

What a fun game that was before it got fuxxed.

Fabio

« Reply #59 on: 16 Mar 2006, 09:20 »

Well this is a gaming topic so i guessthis is allowed,

ASturge, captain fantastic, a girl named kate and I were playing pool at a pub, sturge (being naturally terrable at pool) decided it was time for some"sturge magic" and continued to hit the white ball off of the table and into my crotch -_-

..........it WAS a gaming moment :p

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #60 on: 17 Mar 2006, 15:03 »

I get a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I bow up a tank in UT2004 with a non-explosive weapon. (Usually flak cannon or minigun)
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

The Hammered

« Reply #61 on: 02 Apr 2006, 22:45 »

Quote from: JamesUberNayrBubbles
Probably when I first played an online game and came across a group of people cybering.  I was twelve :p so then I looked up some of the words they used on google. I was scarred for life.

Try the first time someone asked me to cyber. I was more scarred.

:(

Sean C

« Reply #62 on: 03 Apr 2006, 12:27 »

I was set up in a clan trap on Battlenet during my Starcraft days. It was two vs. two, and my partner was actually with "our" opponents. He took a dive and let them wipe out his base, then (he was Terran) floated his largest buildings into my base and strategically placed them in my base, messing up my resource gathering, choke points, etc. He built some tanks and placed them where the splash damage would hurt me more than anyone else. I didn't go hostile on him and wipe him out though, since my opponents got quiet. They attacked with a zergling horde/carrier swarm, and I was able to fend it off without too much damage to my base. I countered, and wiped out the zerg player, and noticed the other opponent was doing the classic, fill the map with cannons move. I sent a distraction force to the cannons, he sent his units to kill them, and I dropped ten reavers into his base, wiping his workers out. He left immediatly. Turning the tables on a rotten trick like that ranks as my top crazy moment. No number padding for them.

SilkyNumbNuts

« Reply #63 on: 03 Apr 2006, 14:31 »

This isn't that impressive, but I like it as a story:

My friends were all round, and we were playing shitloads of halo.

I was fighting them at team slayer, me against 3.

I was at 47 points out of 50, with them at 48. I teleport myself to the middle of blood gulch, grab the rocket launcher, and almost straight after that happens the fly over one of the ridges in a fully loaded 'hog.

I turn in one smooth movement, fire a rocket at the other ridge facing it, before they hit the ground, and the rocket hits them in midair.

Winning me the game, that they had bet I would lose.

I am pretty pround of this. 2 of the people weren't too great, they were jsut first time halo players. However, there is one guy that was very good generally, but a true artist with the sniper rifle. And I can't snipe at all. And I beat him in a handicapped game on one of the most open, sniper-based maps in the game. It was very fun.

Hustler

• Emoticontraindication
    • Nuclear Powered Toaster- A light-hearted look at a rather dark future.
« Reply #64 on: 03 Apr 2006, 15:35 »

Here's one story that sticks out in my mind.

Two of my friends and I were playing Red Alert 2, as we had done many times before.  This time we were doing co-op against several computer opponents.  All but one of them had been eliminated by this point, and usually when we get this far, we'll start to turn on each other.  It's just a bit of a tradition in our Command and Conquer matches, even when we're allied.  Well, I'm easily the weakest RTS player of the three, so usually I get the raw end of this exchanges.  But this time I had strategically placed a number of demolition trucks (I always play as Libya) around the key points of their bases while they were off wiping out what was left of the computer's forces.  When I was ready, I de-allied with them.  Naturally, they immediately did the same, and prepared to use their many superweapons and such to wipe me out.  But the moment they broke their alliance with me, their own base defenses turned on my demo trucks, triggering them and obliterating both of their bases before they could attack.  Man, they never saw it coming.

SayNOtoconformism

« Reply #65 on: 05 Apr 2006, 18:06 »

My humble addition:

I'm player 3v1 Team Slayer on Halo.  I'm on the single team, and we're on Sidewinder.  We were fooling around with warthogs and scorpions for a while, until two of my friends occupied 2 tanks.  they corner these in the open corner of the map.

Naturally, there was only one solution.

I drive a warthog off one of the cliffs of the level, and approach the first tank.  I get out just as the warthog perfectly hits the corner of the scorpion and goes straight up.  My friend shoots the empty warthog and i pistol him to death, standing feet from his face.  I get behind the second tank (my friend is slow to react) and whip out the RL i've been saving.  My friend gets out of the scorpion and runs, and I stick him with a plasma grenade then get in his tank.  GAME OVER.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up