THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 15:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: webcomicbooks  (Read 15301 times)

Superbus

webcomicbooks
« on: 04 Oct 2005, 09:46 »

Does anyone know of some webcomics that have hardcover books? I remember someone planning on doing one at some point, but it never happened. I am guessing it has to do with the cost and the likelihood of people buying it, but there have to be some that have done it, no?

Stifled Dreams

webcomicbooks
« Reply #1 on: 04 Oct 2005, 10:13 »

Ctrl+Alt+Del had a special limited edition hardcover book that sold out very quickly. That is the only comic besides Questionable Content that I read regularly, so I don't know of any others.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
webcomicbooks
« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2005, 10:16 »

James Kochalka did a small run of his American Elf anthology in hardcover.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

fenmere

webcomicbooks
« Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2005, 09:18 »

I'm, uh, offering hard cover editions of my comic, all five years.  But they're bloody expensive and done by hand, by me.  Also, I wouldn't recommend buying one until I've had some more practice in making them.  It's hard to keep the wrinkles out, believe it or not.

I've seen some hard cover comics down at my local bookstore.  I should check to see which ones are webcomics.  I think a couple of them are.  I'll come back here and report them if so.

GregC

webcomicbooks
« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2005, 12:02 »

Hardcover and not paperback or trade, right? Those are few and far between.    I'm going to look around and see what I see too. I'm curious now. I'll let you know what I find.
Pages: [1]   Go Up