THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 20:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pintsize and Marten Flash animation!  (Read 20588 times)

Sonet

Pintsize and Marten Flash animation!
« on: 05 Oct 2005, 11:15 »

Not a very good one, mind you, but an animation, nonetheless.

http://stu.aii.edu/~adp301/final.html

The "epic battle" mentioned, in addition to being an exaggeration, was the project I had been working on that suffered some... more than minor... technical difficulties. This is really half-assed compared to it, but it needed to be done, and right quick. The animation (particularly Marten's walk cycle) needs a lot of smoothing out, but I just didn't have that much time. Oh well. Enjoy! I'm not necessarily looking for critique, since everything you guys find wrong with it is probably ten times as glaring to me, but feel free to have at it.

And, since I still have it up, I think I'll post this as well...

http://stu.aii.edu/~adp301/nicefall.html

This is a not-so-half-assed animation that I did earlier in the quarter, frame by frame done entirely by hand. Of course, it was batshit insanity on my part, since the assignment given was meant to be a very basic intro to animating in Flash... Most people probably spent about 30 minutes on theirs. I spent 30 hours. Oof. And that's ultimately why I had my first panic attack after six panic-free months when finals came around. I have a tendency to reach beyond my grasp and nearly kill myself in the process.

Blah blah blah... Okay, I'm done...

twentyfour

« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2005, 12:04 »

Best Pintsize sexy dance I've seen in a long time ;)

Sonet

« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2005, 12:40 »

Hah. I'd be very interested in seeing any other Pintsize sexy dances.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
« Reply #3 on: 05 Oct 2005, 12:55 »

I enjoyed it. Simple, but nicely animated. It was a little choppy on Marten's walking, and i couldnt make out his shirt, but it was good. Even better when you consider that its juat a quick suck up "dont fail me" kind of thing.

Color me impressed. With a hint of blue.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

The Neko

« Reply #4 on: 05 Oct 2005, 17:23 »

and how did you make this?

Bubbleob

Woo boy
« Reply #5 on: 05 Oct 2005, 17:36 »

That is good, that is (censored) good.
I'm impressed with that, although i have no aptitude for any sort of drawing or animation so stick figures are impressive to me. Still, though, that is bloody good.

Sonet

« Reply #6 on: 05 Oct 2005, 21:18 »

Quote from: The Neko
and how did you make this?

I did it with the aid of SCIENCE!

....... Sorry, couldn't resist. It's a Flash animation, so, with Flash, I presume. Pintsize and Marten were made up of separate parts (I had folders full of graphics like pintsize_head, pintsize_armjoint, pintsize_eye, marten_forearm, marten_body, etc), and animated individually. I might've liked to hand draw Marten frame by frame, but that would have taken an ungodly amount of time.

Bubbleob

« Reply #7 on: 05 Oct 2005, 21:25 »

Can you find flash tutorials just through google?
If not, where can i find one?

Sonet

« Reply #8 on: 05 Oct 2005, 22:13 »

http://www.flashkit.com/

That's a pretty good source for tutorials on Flash art techniques, animation, and effects. There are some good books out there as well, that can guide you through all the features and get you on a better start than the program's documentation could. It would also be very helpful to have some reference material on general 2D animation, and in particular, http://www.textbooksrus.com/search/BookDetail/?isbn=0571202284">The Animator's Survival Kit.

I guess that's more than what you were asking, but, you know, in the event you really want to undertake animating (or, God forbid, programming - ActionScript, oof) in Flash.

1patheticloser

« Reply #9 on: 08 Oct 2005, 07:39 »

He's right you know. There is nothing wrong with a little pelvic thrusting.

Martin

« Reply #10 on: 08 Oct 2005, 08:37 »

Awesome work, man. Pintsize <3

emmie

« Reply #11 on: 21 Nov 2005, 00:57 »

Woah, Pinsize is awesome in that. Well done!

I love the way Marten looks like he is wheeled in and out of that clip :p

ETA: Opps! Sorry to dig up.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #12 on: 26 Nov 2005, 14:07 »

Well, all I can say is that if your teacher doesnt give you a nice grade, in my opinion you are free to buy yourself a nice big cod, and fish-slap that teacher :)
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Sonet

« Reply #13 on: 26 Nov 2005, 17:56 »

Oh yes, my F was turned into a B. I can sure as hell live with that. She's from Hungary, has a cool accent, and pretty much rocks. I also know another young lady from Finland, who is also totally awesome. This leads me to believe that I should be getting to know more Eastern/Northern European chicks.

And yes, I realize that, in my haste, I ignored some really basic animation principles, particularly in Marten... But hey, I still put more effort into it than some people who turned their assignments in on time, and didn't suffer from catestrophic file saving mishaps.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #14 on: 26 Nov 2005, 18:49 »

That gets an awesomeness out of 10 in my book. I would only say that Marten should bounce a little when he walks.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Sonet

« Reply #15 on: 27 Nov 2005, 13:09 »

Indeed he should. That was one of said basic animation principles I ignored... Ah well.

Moo chose grassy ass.

ElRodente

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • unf unf unf
    • doodleblog
« Reply #16 on: 27 Nov 2005, 14:42 »

should be moo chews grassy ass

makes more sense then
Oh no, he was fine... and now he's poorly from too much electric
Pages: [1]   Go Up