THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 19:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fan art of Faye  (Read 19796 times)

scatterbrain

Fan art of Faye
« on: 01 Sep 2005, 11:33 »

I thought i'd share a piece of fan art I drew of Faye:

http://www.petersenart.com/comics/faye.gif

I might do one of Dora in the near future.  Enjoy!

John Petersen
http://www.petersenart.com
[email protected]

trolley

Fan art of Faye
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2005, 11:38 »

Lyke, whoa.

That is bloody good.

torg

Fan art of Faye
« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2005, 14:16 »

whoa, thats awesome! you could send it to jeph... and we also have an oficial fan art thread. jeph might link the pics there at some point to the new fan art section (if he will finish it at all ;) )

Tinjessla

Fan art of Faye
« Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2005, 15:12 »

Oh wow, that's fantastic! *leaps to your website*

GebStar

• Furry furrier
Fan art of Faye
« Reply #4 on: 05 Sep 2005, 02:09 »

As i clicked the link, i wondered if it was going to be some poor carbon copy of Jephs work. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT when people do another persons characters and put their own spin and drawing style. It's a lot different than trying to draw them and doing it poorly and saying "its a different style".
You've made a deliberate alteration in the look and i think its absolutely fantastic, keep up the great work.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

twentyfour

Fan art of Faye
« Reply #5 on: 06 Sep 2005, 08:45 »

Wow! Looks great man! Faye's nose and mouth seem to protrude a lil bit tho, kinda baboonish, and thats alls I see that takes away from this great piece of work(and I even have my "picky bastard" goggles on)

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
Fan art of Faye
« Reply #6 on: 06 Sep 2005, 09:22 »

I'm pretty sure this is already up in the (currently on hiatus) fanart page. Excellent stuff!
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Luke

Fan art of Faye
« Reply #7 on: 06 Sep 2005, 10:03 »

Wow, awesome.

Quote from: twentyfour
"picky bastard" goggles

I have a pair of those, although they're more commonly referred to as my eyes... apparently it runs in the family

scatterbrain

Fan art of Faye
« Reply #8 on: 08 Sep 2005, 08:43 »

Thanks for the compliments everyone!  twentyfour, I agree with your critique, and that's always bothered me a bit about this drawing.  Maybe I can photoshop it into correction.  I don't have nearly enough practice drawing females, especially with the head tilted forward like that.  Maybe Dora will come out better.

The 6th Man

Fan art of Faye
« Reply #9 on: 08 Sep 2005, 18:42 »

Wow, great stuff man. You could make cells of that stuff and sell it. Plzzzzzzzzzzzz make a Marten and Pintsize one! They make me laugh the most.

Sonet

Fan art of Faye
« Reply #10 on: 09 Sep 2005, 07:44 »

Holy hell... Fantastic stuff. Sigh... I couldn't just be content with music... I had to go to an art school and constantly have my ego shattered over the fact that I can't draw... Errr... Sorry. Really great job, dude. :)

LunaticCrow

Fan art of Faye
« Reply #11 on: 09 Sep 2005, 09:48 »

Holy crap, I love it, the pose is very Dynamic, like she is about to kick some ass. :D

scatterbrain

Fan art of Faye
« Reply #12 on: 13 Sep 2005, 09:19 »

6th man, Sonet, LunaticCrow, thanks very much!  Your compliments have encouraged me to make the time for a Dora pinup/wallpaper/thingy.

Malkster

Fan art of Faye
« Reply #13 on: 04 Oct 2005, 11:05 »

That is absolutely sweet.   I think I like it more than I liked the Dora pic for some reason.  Maybe it’s how Faye is positioned in the sketch.  

Both are Awesome.

Levi-chan

Fan art of Faye
« Reply #14 on: 05 Oct 2005, 21:24 »

That picture is made of awesome! AWESOME!
Pages: [1]   Go Up