THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 09:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tea For Three  (Read 17861 times)

Leonidas

• Furry furrier
Tea For Three
« on: 07 Oct 2005, 12:11 »

A friend of mine has started her own webcomic, and I'm even one of the characters (Will).... :D

So, with that in mind, I thought I would pimp it on here.

http://www.teaforthree.co.uk/
She looked me over and I guess she thought I was all right...
All right in a sort of a limited way for an off night.

Evan

Tea For Three
« Reply #1 on: 07 Oct 2005, 12:14 »

Good pimping, sir. Comic 3 made me laugh.

Luke

Tea For Three
« Reply #2 on: 07 Oct 2005, 22:51 »

Well, you can tell your friend that the comic is pretty nifty.

Incidentally, Jeph does have that post about plugging your own comics here, but perhaps it doesn't count if it isn't one that you do yourself.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Tea For Three
« Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2005, 23:19 »

It doesn't.  That's one of the rules.

I like this comic!  It seems to have found its feet with remarkabe speed.  The drawing style takes a little getting used to - it looks slightly amateurish at first glance but it grows on you quickly and suits the tone of the thing, and once you start noticing the care and attention that's gone into details like the character's poses, clothing etc. it quickly becomes apparent that there's some serious talent there.  I think I'll keep tabs on this one.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Leo.

Leonidas

• Furry furrier
Tea For Three
« Reply #4 on: 08 Oct 2005, 01:34 »

Well I hope that Jeph or anyone wouldn't be too annoyed. If so then I hope that the fact that QC was a major influence on my friend for making her own webcomic (after I introduced her to it a few weeks ago) would be taken as a huge compliment. I think she's even linked QC on her site....:)

And as to the drawing style, yes it is a little rough round the edges, but it is just a new comic and my friend is still trying to find her style. Also, I'm sure what equipment she has makes a big difference. With some new kit, and of course as she builds experience in her drawing, then I'm sure it will come on a lot. Just look at the first few issues of QC compared to now!
She looked me over and I guess she thought I was all right...
All right in a sort of a limited way for an off night.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Tea For Three
« Reply #5 on: 08 Oct 2005, 01:37 »

Don't get me wrong, I really like the art style and like I said I think it's absolutely appropriate to the tone of the comic.  It just took some getting used to.

thehoopiestfrood

Tea For Three
« Reply #6 on: 08 Oct 2005, 03:12 »

Oh, you stud, Leo. ;)

And yes, she has a very good grasp of drawing female posture and the like, I was very impressed.

Plus, funny! :D

Mollinda

Tea For Three
« Reply #7 on: 08 Oct 2005, 16:27 »

*squeeeee*

That's me me me me me!!!!!!!!!! Leo I love you!

Okay super girly moment over.... thanks everyone for your comments :) Yeah my style's not conventional, but it has actually evolved over the past couple of strips I've been doing. I'm getting used to my graphics tablet (which is a massive pile of wank and is going back to the shop... stupid nisis) and learning how to taper lines off so things are getting less blocky.

Besides I'm not a super cool indie kid, I'm a shoe whore and my style, I feel, reflects that :D

twentyfour

Tea For Three
« Reply #8 on: 09 Oct 2005, 13:20 »

...... I haven't the foggiest why I like thisstrip so much. There's nothin wrong with it, it just kinda.... I dunno.... nayway, ya gotta new fan

Tinjessla

Tea For Three
« Reply #9 on: 09 Oct 2005, 16:50 »

This is a nifty comic! The style reminds me a little bit of Julian Opie's work.

Mollinda

Tea For Three
« Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 2005, 07:21 »

Quote from: twentyfour
...... I haven't the foggiest why I like thisstrip so much. There's nothin wrong with it, it just kinda.... I dunno.... nayway, ya gotta new fan

girly? :D

Thanks Tinjessla - oooh it is like that isn't it!!! I love him too and it hadn't registered at all... how odd. He's obviously been lying dormant at the back of my head for years ... no wait I don't like that thought...
Pages: [1]   Go Up