THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 16:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 5902 times)

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
  • the limit as cool approaches awesome of myself
Xbox 360
« on: 09 Oct 2005, 12:25 »

eugh so I don't know which game to get at launch? I pre-ordered the system but still am stuck...
any suggestions?
The only types of games that I don't like are racing and / or golf games. Other than that  I'm easy to pleasy.
I'd rather be skiing.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: 09 Oct 2005, 14:16 »

Are they offering a Nintendo emulator?

ramenXnoodles

Xbox 360
« Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2005, 15:34 »

OBLIVION.

Or Perfect Dark Zero.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Xbox 360
« Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2005, 15:42 »

FEAR or Gears of War

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
Xbox 360
« Reply #4 on: 09 Oct 2005, 18:28 »

The what box three what-y?
Im sorry, are you talking about the PS3?
No?
Revolution?
No still?
WHAT THE HELL GUYS?
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

ramenXnoodles

Xbox 360
« Reply #5 on: 09 Oct 2005, 19:03 »

FEAR is gonna be PC.

Stranger Dan

• Emoticontraindication
Xbox 360
« Reply #6 on: 09 Oct 2005, 21:48 »

PERFECT DARK ZERO

You are buying this system for the sole purpose of playing Perfect Dark Zero.

All other games are unimportant.

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
  • the limit as cool approaches awesome of myself
Xbox 360
« Reply #7 on: 09 Oct 2005, 22:54 »

yeah actually, I was researching games today and I've decided to settle with Perfect Dark Zero as my first game, and once i make another 50$ i'll get Kameo, cause that looks awesome too.
I'd rather be skiing.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
Xbox 360
« Reply #8 on: 10 Oct 2005, 07:00 »

OT, your avatar is awesome.  Kinda big, but awesome.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
Xbox 360
« Reply #9 on: 10 Oct 2005, 07:17 »

(That means SHRINK IT)
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
Xbox 360
« Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 2005, 11:48 »

Perfect Dark was overrated. It was good, but people make it out to be ZOMG BEST GAME EVAR! and it wasnt. I personally preferred goldeneye, but thats just me.

That being said, i am NOT buying a 360. If my brother and sister want to, go for it, but i didnt buy an XBOX, and wont buy a 360. I still dont even like the Xbox. Damn thing is basically a crap system without Live.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

Mad Onion

Xbox 360
« Reply #11 on: 10 Oct 2005, 14:25 »

Quote from: neomang5
I still dont even like the Xbox. Damn thing is basically a crap system without Live.

yea games like Shenmue total crap. Jeez why even play games at all I mean they are just poo anyway.

Stranger Dan

• Emoticontraindication
Xbox 360
« Reply #12 on: 10 Oct 2005, 14:55 »

Also in defence of the original Perfect Dark. No game that I have ever played before or since has had such a wonderfully large and fun arsenal of weapons. Things can't really get any better than catching your opponent in the crossfire of your laptop gun while you unload a whole clip of bullets from your dual Cyclones in thier skull. Of course the best weapon in the game is actually your fists, running up to a guy and punching the gun our of thier hands is one of the greatest thrills in video game history.

Stranger Dan

• Emoticontraindication
Xbox 360
« Reply #13 on: 10 Oct 2005, 14:55 »

Quote from: Mad Onion
yea games like Shenmue total crap.

Now you're getting it. Actually I'm sure Panzer Dragoon Orta, Psychonauts, Jet Set Radio Future, Chronicles of Riddick, and Mech Assault were fine games in thier own right. But honestly, Shenmue?
Quote from: Rastafarian hot dog vendor
"Ask a Chinese person. They'd know all about that gang stuff. Check in the travel agency."

It took me half an hour to get that far and by then the sun was setting and I couldn't go to the travel agency to follow the worst hint in the world. This game was supposed to be a new level of open ended gameplay but the things like feeding that cat are mandatory and it takes too much inane NPC chatter to ever get to do anything interesting.[/size]

Mad Onion

Xbox 360
« Reply #14 on: 10 Oct 2005, 17:44 »

Lol dude I was joking, and your saposed to be controling this guy. You wouldn't let a cat starve would you........cause thats a thing only a heartless bastard would do.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
Xbox 360
« Reply #15 on: 10 Oct 2005, 18:39 »

Ok, Maybe i expressed this wrong.
There are some good games for xbox. I enjoyed psychonauts, and jet Set Radio, but those, and most other good games for Xbox were on other platforms as well. And what is the Xbox's main draw? What kept people from returning Halo 2 after playing the abysmal story mode? Xbox live. Thats pretty much the reason that its doing so well.
I dont have live, however, so to me, its a large paperweight with a few good games. I'll stick to my PS2 and Gamecube.

DavidGrohl

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Xbox 360
« Reply #16 on: 12 Oct 2005, 07:11 »

Here's many great choices and reasons they might be good for you:

Perfect Dark: Zero  -  Almost everyone will own this game . . it's the new Goldeneye

Oblivion:  If youre an RPG fan, and/or enjoyed Morrowind, it's a must have

Saint's Row:  Grand Theft Auto CLONE.  Might be great, might not be, but I'd wait for crackdown, a more well thought-out game.

Call of Duty 2:  I personally love this game, WW-II game that makes you feel like you're in the action.  To d/l a PC demo:  http://www.callofduty.com/cod2/demo.html

Condemned Origins:  This is just like a Resident Evil game; unless you play it in the dark with some nice speakers, it'll suck.

Project Gotham Racing 3:  Shows off the power of the 360; a typical racing game with amazing enviromental effects.

Need For Speed:  Massive car customization, racing type game, graphics are great, but not quite up to PGR3.

DOA4:  I don't like fighting games, but if you've played 2 or 3, you'll know exactly what to expect from 4.

Kameo:  Most might like it, but I see this more of a Zelda meets Crash Bandicoot game;  the music is great in this game.

Quake 4, Tony Hawk A. Wasteland, Madden, NBA, NHL, Top Spin (Tennis game), FIFA, Tiger Woods?  

These ones, I think you can make your own judgment about.

Anyways, at launch I'm going for:
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Call of Duty 2
Perfect Dark: Zero
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Good Luck!

DavidGrohl

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Xbox 360
« Reply #17 on: 12 Oct 2005, 07:18 »

Oh and the top 10 games of X-Box
1.  Halo 2