THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 17:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: when you screw up hardcore, what do you do?  (Read 15857 times)

Justin

when you screw up hardcore, what do you do?
« on: 12 Oct 2005, 14:51 »

for example, i accidently saved a low res version of a drawing over the high res copy. is there nothing i can do but redraw the whole thing? it took so long... :(

Sonet

« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2005, 16:53 »

Does your computer have GoBack, or any comparable method of reverting your hard drive to a previous state? That would do it... unless the last saved state happens to be before you did the drawing... Other than that, I'm not sure. But if it's that important to you, there should be some method of getting it back, with some high-level computery prowess.

torg

« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2005, 03:08 »

thats an amazingly good drawing.

some graphics programs save backup copies before saving the changed pic. try to find out if your program does so.
you could also scale it up, use filters for sharpening (? right word?) and just correct the errors produced by that step.
or scale it up, use a colour selction tool and copy each colour to a new layer. after doing that you can sharpen it or erase artefacts or just redraw the eges.

Justin

« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2005, 04:22 »

Quote from: Sonet
Does your computer have GoBack, or any comparable method of reverting your hard drive to a previous state? That would do it... unless the last saved state happens to be before you did the drawing... Other than that, I'm not sure. But if it's that important to you, there should be some method of getting it back, with some high-level computery prowess.

i tried that, but unfortunately the last time it saved was over a month ago, so no good.

Quote from: torg
thats an amazingly good drawing.

some graphics programs save backup copies before saving the changed pic. try to find out if your program does so.
you could also scale it up, use filters for sharpening (? right word?) and just correct the errors produced by that step.
or scale it up, use a colour selction tool and copy each colour to a new layer. after doing that you can sharpen it or erase artefacts or just redraw the eges.

thanks for the compliment! i worked very hard on it.

i ended up just spending a couple hours and redrawing it, apparently there is an feature in adobe illustrator that traces work for you, so that might've saved me some time in the rebuilding process, but i couldn't find my copy of illustrator. oh well, from now on i will save two sperate copies of every time consuming work, lesson learned.

torg

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2005, 11:12 »

btw, i read your comic. its on my daily list now ;)

Justin

« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2005, 20:26 »

oh wow, thanks! we update on mondays and fridays ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up