THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 21:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 750194 times)

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #100 on: 23 Nov 2005, 15:54 »

Well, at this point I have decided, that if I get my Bachelor diploma, I want either a "watery" band all around my arm, kind of like the surface of water, or a Nautilus all over my right shoulder :)

For those that dont know how a nautilus looks...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/71/Natilus_1_bg_022402.jpg

I even thought about getting a anenemone somewhere, but that would be to weird... How gracefull they may be....
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

dangerouswhenawesome

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #101 on: 05 Dec 2005, 17:41 »

My first tattoo..

And one I got done last week

Stifled Dreams

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #102 on: 05 Dec 2005, 18:42 »

Woah! Pintsize tattoo? Hella sexy! Has Jeph seen this?

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #103 on: 05 Dec 2005, 23:37 »

<3 *swoon*

As for next tattoo, I really want to get "PECCA FORTITER" done on the side of my arm. I guess in the same place Pintsize is. Pecca Fortiter is translated as "sin without fear," or "sin bravely" and was said by Martin Luther. There's a really interesting and meaningful explanation behind it. When I first read it, it automatically sparked me attention.
I like the way you work it.

Trampo

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #104 on: 10 Dec 2005, 17:54 »

I have the Nirvana smiley face tattooed on my shoulder, I think most people would probably cringe at the idea but I like it and still do, although I dont have a picture of it since Im not at home. I think my next tattoo will be a barcode on the back of my neck and the perhaps a piercing.....

mooface

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #105 on: 11 May 2006, 12:25 »

here i am digging up an old thread... but i need your help!

in a few days i might be getting myself a tattoo.  i already know what i want but i have a couple of questions.

1) i already have a basic idea of what i want:

an infinity sign with a question mark and a heart in the upper left corner of the left bubble.  however, my artistic interpretation of what i want is very... crude.  if somebody who is good at drawing things could design me a nicer version of the basic design i would love you forever <3!

2)  i want my tattoo to be plain black, simple, and not very big.  sooo... where should i put it??  i wanted to get it near my hip, towards my stomach... but it will stretch if i am pregnant one day :(  so where should i get it?  i want it on a part of my body that won't stretch... but not my ankle or lower back.  any ideas?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #106 on: 11 May 2006, 12:36 »

Get it on your inner thigh.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #107 on: 11 May 2006, 12:47 »

Well, for the infinity thing, id go for a twisted ribbon, kinda resembling this piece by M.C. Esher

Kinda like that, just horizontal and without the ants :)
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Mikendher

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #108 on: 11 May 2006, 12:56 »

No! Not ants! Do mini-mooses instead! Mini-mooses walking an infinite strip! Exclamation marks are awesome!!!

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #109 on: 11 May 2006, 13:04 »

!!!!
also israel

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #110 on: 11 May 2006, 13:12 »

I think I would get something like that one my back, opposite the sternum.
Of course, for that, you'd have to take into consideration low-cut shirts/dresses partially obscuring it. So maybe a little higher up on the back, so it's fully visible when you've got something low on your back. You just don't get to see much of it there.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

StupidityKills

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #111 on: 11 May 2006, 14:59 »

I plan on getting this one some time this summer (when I can afford to)

On my side-ribcage.
And then possibly one in the future on the opposite side:

(they're just quick PSP mock ups, but you get the idea.)
The reason isn't particularly deep, I just have a compulsion for drawing jigsaws when doodling. And I just think the insides, the sky would be rad.
And on my sides because its a different place that wouldn't be too on show, and tramp stamps, or as my friend called them, slag tags (tattoos on the lower back that show over low rise jeans etc) are just um...well, not for me.
Oh and if I were to get some words, which I'm not seriously considering, they would be the Bristol motto:
"Virtue et Industria"

butmyrobotloves

• Emoticontraindication
    • http://www.myspace.com/factvsromance
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #112 on: 11 May 2006, 18:39 »

One of my best friends just told me today that she went in to a tattoo artist and has already laid out a plan for when she's going to get her tattoo done.  It is seriously the coolest freaking tattoo ever; I told her earlier that if she didn't get it, I would.  It's going to be wrapping from her spine to just above her hipbone.  This is the tattoo:

http://www.thebeewithwheels.com/Closer%20Look/Aldhils%20Cover/aldhilscover.jpg" width="630">

Of course, minus the explanation David Barnes (Kevin Barnes of Of Montreal's brother, who does album artwork for them) wrote beneath the image (I took this from his website) and the big "Of Montreal" in the corner.  Just the two bodies.

I cannot WAIT to see this when it's done.

Garcin

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #113 on: 11 May 2006, 19:36 »

I just found the http://www.qwantz.com/tattoos/">Qwantz site for webcomic tats here.

Dangerouswhenawesome, yours is here.  So is Jeph's of the birds, with a funny comment.

As well as:

. . . and many others.

I'm feeling faint.  Someone catch me as I fall.  For surely when I come to, it will be to get Amy Chilton inked on one buttcheek, and Ray Shmuckles on the other.

(Don't tell John A. or Chris Onstadt pls!)

ayePod

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #114 on: 12 May 2006, 02:15 »

Me and my friend are getting tattoos for our 18th and 19th birthdays respectively. We're getting Guiness harps on the sides of our ribcages. Pictures when it's done.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #115 on: 12 May 2006, 03:48 »

I want to marry that guy with the toothpaste for dinner tat. Seriously.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #116 on: 12 May 2006, 07:19 »

Quote from: dangerouswhenawesome

And one I got done last week

That is so awesome! There he doesn't look too happy, but the picture on Qwantz makes him look like he's smiling!

Maybe I could get a tattoo with inks that change colour, like on cars.

Garcin

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #117 on: 12 May 2006, 08:10 »

A black light tattoo would be kind of cool:

. . . . if it weren't for the fact that I'm in a club about 4 times a year.

Michey

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #118 on: 12 May 2006, 11:00 »

One day in the distant future I might think about getting a matching bass clef on my right hand. Maybe.

Unosuke

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #119 on: 12 May 2006, 12:14 »

Quote from: Moiche
A black light tattoo would be kind of cool:

I hear those things can give you cancer, and you gotta go out of the USA to get them done
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #120 on: 12 May 2006, 12:17 »

I hear the hoofbeats of Death's horse approaching.

lordjim

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #121 on: 12 May 2006, 12:45 »

Come June I'm getting this done around my ring finger on my left hand.

I know that the wedding ring tatoo isn't "cool" any more but it is the idea behind it that is cool in my mind.

Pics will follow and this thread will be resurected again if it hasn't been locked.

Garcin

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #122 on: 12 May 2006, 14:11 »

Quote from: Unosuke
I hear those things can give you cancer, and you gotta go out of the USA to get them done

There were a few tattoo artists using a poisonous ink for a little while, but apparently the reputable ones are using this supposedly non-poisonous ink.

I haven't really looked into it, so please don't take my word for it.  But the trend now is apparently to get inked with the blacklight stuff over your normal tat, which as far as I'm concerned is super cool.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #123 on: 12 May 2006, 21:44 »

For a long time (about 5 years) I've wanted to get the Spacemen 3 logo tattoed somewhere (probably iner forearm or back of hand). I've loved Spacemen 3 for a very long time because my dad used to play them all day long and I've always loved the logo.

The only thing that makes me doubt is that it looks a bit cultish.
The Logo:
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #124 on: 13 May 2006, 08:31 »

One day I might get my Grans family motto. It's not my family motto 'cause my mother didn't in-breed which I'm kinda thankful for. My surname/family doesn't really have anything tattooable. Or cool.

My grans family motto is "I Dare". I think I'd get it written in script on my arm. Possibly as part of a sleeve.

I would tell you the family name but then teh internet theives would have access to my bank.

I also want to get the Jawbreaker 4F's (Look at my avatar) as part of a sleeve if I ever get a sleeve. The four Fs stand for "Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei" which means "Hardy, God-Fearing, Cheerful, Free". It's a motto that was started by a German Gymnast but then Jawbreaker took it and used the symbol on their early releases.

Jawbreaker are my favourite band so that would be why.

Other than that I think a sleeve would be mostly lyrics swirling round pictures like that. I may get around to designing a rough version one day. :-)

This totally depends on if I feel this way in a couple of years.

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #125 on: 13 May 2006, 09:09 »

You officially get my love. Seriously, there's nothing cooler than a dude with a fucking JAWBREAKER tattoo!

This resurrected thread is making me sad. I don't have money for more ink at the moment and I've got a couple I want to get done. Plus, my dad's frightenly against them. I've got to wait a while before I can get the ones that would be in fairly visible places.
I like the way you work it.

Stifled Dreams

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #126 on: 13 May 2006, 09:13 »

I feel like tattoos are so permanent. I definitely want one (I probably already posted in this thread and forgot but I'm too lazy to go look) on my ankle, but I really really have no idea what! My friend was telling me how she wants Fall Out Boy lyrics on her back, and I was like, "WTF. You're going to be 70 and regret that so hard."

She doesn't believe me. I hope I still know her when we're old so I can laugh at her. Except I will probably die before then. Ehh.

EDIT: Oops, haha, look:
Quote from: Stifled Dreams
I want to get something on my ankle when I am old enough, but I think it will be my only tattoo ever, so I want to make it really meaningful. I have 4 years to think about it, though. My mom is still pretty against it. For a while, she was planning to come with me. Then she changed her mind. Now she just says, "Somewhere where nobody will see it."

Jareth

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #127 on: 13 May 2006, 15:52 »

I'm contemplating getting one, it'd be my first. I'm thinking a dagger starting hilt first at the nape of my neck and going down the spine with a rose coiling up around it; either very ornate or very simple. If I can get permission from the artist to use it, I'd get the following. It's a design on Zero Boutique. Don't know where I'd put it though.

On a wackier note, I've always thought it'd be great to get Chewbacca tattooed on my butt. That way I'd perplex annoying wads by telling them to kiss my wookie.

nickb285

Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #128 on: 13 May 2006, 21:20 »

I am saving up for tattoos. On my right arm I'm getting the first four lines of "The Guns of Brixton" by The Clash ("When they kick at your front door/How you gonna come?/With your hands on your head/Or on the trigger of your gun?") and below that a Molotov cocktail in flight. On my left arm, I'm getting Bouncing Souls lyrics from "Fight to Live" ("I've never been the same since that first show/I close my eyes and let myself go/To a place I'm never alone or scared/Somehow I found a reason to care") and a city skyline below it.

Now all I need is money...

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #129 on: 13 May 2006, 22:29 »

I'm after birdies on my inner forearm flying towards the hand. I think I've mentioned this before...
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

NattyIce

Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #130 on: 29 Dec 2006, 13:01 »

so my first tattoo was something I saw on the wall of this parlor id never been to before and its the head   of a unicorn facing me bad idea on my part but I can cover it and I have a lot of personal ones on my back that are custom I think most people have a tattoo they regret                       
Quote from: Leonidas
A tattoo used to be something original and something unique. It was also something that had particular meaning to the person who wore it. Now though it's common. Every other person has a tattoo. More often than not some Chinese symbol which they believe means something to do with hope or love or eternity or something else just as vomit enducing. Either that or some tribal design down their arms or legs. It seems almost as if the whole idea of getting a tattoo has become passe and common.

I feel like I am almost more original not having a tattoo.

I think it depends on what you get. For example, if you're one of the thousands of 18- and 19-year-old girls who get a star tattooed on their ankle/hip, or a tribal design around your upper arm, then yeah, it's a bit cliche and unoriginal. But if you get something that has meaning to you, I don't think it's passe. I just figure, if you decide to get a tattoo before you think of something you want, it's probably a bad idea.

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
« Reply #131 on: 29 Dec 2006, 13:25 »

I want kanji or katakana done near the base of my spine, i have a scar from back surgery there that I would very much like to cover up. It's kind of numb in that area anyways.
I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #132 on: 29 Dec 2006, 13:32 »

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
« Reply #133 on: 29 Dec 2006, 13:38 »

Yeah, I'm taking japanese in school right now. I'll probably pick out a sentence in hiragana before I go in and get it done. I do not want something totally random written on me.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #134 on: 29 Dec 2006, 13:54 »

the one on my arm isn't done yet, I hope to get it finished pretty soon after the New Year, and at the same time, get this:

elcapitan

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #135 on: 29 Dec 2006, 14:10 »

That's kinda cool.

philosopherqueen

« Reply #136 on: 29 Dec 2006, 14:15 »

Scarlette: I really like your tat.

I want to get a small snake shaped into a leo symbol on my right ankle cause those are my two signs.

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #137 on: 29 Dec 2006, 14:55 »

i am getting either this: or this: with the point of the leaf facing down between my shoulder blades. someday. when i stop being a pussy. i'm leaning more towards the zelda one. yeah, geek, i know.
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #138 on: 29 Dec 2006, 16:07 »

This is the one on my back, I don't have a more recent one but that's like five seconds after the guy finished. I got this earlier this year and I absolutely love it. It's designed by Brian Froud and keeps showing up in The Dark Crystal (all the conceptual artwork for that film also by Brain Froud). Basically it's a huge balance thing, which I am a big believer in.

I got this one when I was 18. It's on the right side of my chest, just above my nipple and is about 7cm across. It's the logo for my band that my friend and I designed.

I want to get some matching skulls on the inside of my forearms and I want to get one of those ripped skin tatts down my left side, running from under my left shoulder blade, down onto my belly, with gears and mechanical things underneath the skin. If only I could draw...
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #139 on: 30 Dec 2006, 04:09 »

Whoa, that would be bizarre. If you go smaller, you could just do the same kinda thing but for a smaller area. Someplace with bones showing through for effect.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
« Reply #140 on: 30 Dec 2006, 10:03 »

I likt it Scarlette, even on the large scale. I think I've seen it done before. I don't remember where though...

amok

• Duck attack survivor
  • low AI ketamine android
« Reply #141 on: 30 Dec 2006, 11:36 »

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #142 on: 01 Jan 2007, 01:32 »

This is approximately what I would like to get, once I have the nerves/money

I adore white-ink tattoos
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #143 on: 01 Jan 2007, 02:33 »

My tattoooo! Its on my right side hip area thing.
That is awesome. It is something I was thinking of getting, myself, though I wasn't sure where I'd fit it. I like the idea of it at the base of my neck, but maybe not. ? 1986 used to by my sig here for a while. P.S. probably right up until the forums started turning that character into ?.

RGC, how does that stuff work? If you get a tan will it stay white and stand out more? That back work is a little much for me but I like the way the ink looks a lot.

Jooooosh

« Reply #144 on: 01 Jan 2007, 02:34 »

due to my incredible whiteness, white ink would never show up on me :(
fast-food for thought

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #145 on: 01 Jan 2007, 23:47 »

It actually shows up best on very light skin. Since the ink is below the skin in a tattoo, it has to be able to show through, so darker skinned people have a hard time getting white ink tattoos to be visible. I'm not sure how tanning would effect it, I think if anything it would show even less.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Of course you realize this means war.
« Reply #146 on: 02 Jan 2007, 00:12 »

I would like a gothic cross on my right shoulder and perhaps, right over my heart, 1. Insert Knife
                                                                                                                  2. Twist
                                                                                                                  3. Remove
                                                                                                                  4. Repeat
and some mathematical equations and formulas on my left arm.
Not so sure about these things anymore.

Jooooosh

« Reply #147 on: 02 Jan 2007, 03:31 »

RGC, if it really would work on my skin tone, i think that would pretty awesome to get a tattoo in white ink. Better start savin.
fast-food for thought

gargoylekitty

« Reply #148 on: 05 Jan 2007, 08:00 »

I have my gargoyle wings on my shoulderblades as my first two I got last summer though I'm still planning my next. I kind of want a gargoyle pin-up girl, or some sort of pin-up on my right calf though it may be awhile before it happens. The good thing with me is my uncle went to high school with this guy who's a tattoo artist that gives me a discount AND my friend is in school to become one and promises friend discounts(though I'd wait til he gets some real expirience first!). So tattooing costs won't put me in the hole too much. My wings cost $50.

Hewittv18

« Reply #149 on: 05 Jan 2007, 12:27 »

I plan on writing myself a short phrase, maybe a beautiful haiku, then hiding it on my back in a made up runic alphabet script so no one can read it, never ever. How awesome will that be?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 97   Go Up