THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 04:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 770921 times)

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #1650 on: 19 Nov 2008, 21:31 »

Iono. Anyone else planning a tattoo? Have anyone designed their own?

This is the next one I'm getting after I finish my half sleeve completely. I did make it myself in GIMP, and I know it kind of looks flash-y. My mom has a pink heart on her wrist with 04/01/86 (my birthday and what she thought was my favorite color). So this is an amethyst (her birthstone) heart with her birthdate. Only I am a shitty daughter and her birthday is on the 21st. Ha!

I just went in Saturday for the second session for my half sleeve though, he's just thickening the lines up to make it look more like a coloring book, which is what I'm going for. Like three of the other artists there were trying to convince me to get it colored in because "IT COULD BE SO BRIGHT AND THAT WOULD LOOK SO COOL". I'm like... no. I want to color it in myself sometimes if I feel like it. With markers.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #1651 on: 20 Nov 2008, 07:10 »

It's just a symbol to you and I, but to a person who follows its religion, it's something much more.

I respectfully disagree. I feel like there is this mistaken notion in the West that religions practiced primarily in Asia are somehow more holy and should be treated with a careful reverence (as opposed to  Judaism, Christianity and any other forms of worships practiced primarily in the Western world which are respected to the degree that their followers are absolutely free to worship in most places but which are not above criticism and ridicule in pop culture, the media, etc.).

I fail to see how that is even vaguely what I said or implied. I think wearing ANY religious tattoo when you don't follow that religion is disrespectful, not just Eastern religions.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1652 on: 20 Nov 2008, 12:45 »

I kinda agree with Jon, even though I'm not Catholic I get offended when I see teenagers wearing the rosary as a fashion accessory.

Also, today I brought up getting my tongue split with my mother. It went down worse than my coming out did. Oh boy.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #1653 on: 20 Nov 2008, 12:48 »

It's ok, at least she's picking her battles now.

Also, I was thinking of carrying around like a jar of saint's bones or maybe a reliquary of some sort as my latest fashion accessory, accented by a scarf in cloth-of-gold. Good idea y/n?
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #1654 on: 20 Nov 2008, 12:57 »

So guys, for the past month or so I've been thinking about the aum/om/ohm, I really like it in a lot of ways. However, do you feel it would be disrespectful if I was to have one tattooed though I'm do not practice Hinduism/Buddhism/Jainism/Sikhism/etc? I practice meditation and subscribe to certain ideals of some of the religions associated with it, however, I do not practice as any of them. I just kinda want people's views on this. (also to get away from the septum dealio)

I got an alpha and omega along with 'Rev 22:13' tattoo'd and I'm not in any way a follower of Christianity, nor do I put any real stock in the messages of the bible. I like the symbolism behind that particular phrase and intepret it's meaning in a way that is particular to me, so I got the tattoo. I've since had occassion to explain my reasons and intepretation to a number of devout Christians and they thought it was really neat how I'd done that and applauded the fact I wasn't just mindlessly buying up what the bible was saying. I didn't get it just because I thought it was cool, though... I think that would be disrespectful.

Honestly I think if you are aware that some might view it as disrespectful then you are probably ok to have it done, you're mindful of the implications and uh, (words, brain, sleep) weight of the symbol so you know what it 'means' to those who do follow the religion, so I guess that is ok. You're not doing it like out of spite or whatever.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1655 on: 20 Nov 2008, 15:18 »

Also, I was thinking of carrying around like a jar of saint's bones or maybe a reliquary of some sort as my latest fashion accessory, accented by a scarf in cloth-of-gold. Good idea y/n?

That'd go great with the banana hammock I made from the Shroud of Turin.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #1656 on: 21 Nov 2008, 01:56 »

You could steal a pointy headdress off one of those south asian Buddhas for the finishing touch. I think it would be smashing.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1657 on: 21 Nov 2008, 02:01 »

Gem, I am also thinking of getting my tongue split.

The idea for this started innocently enough by me looking at different plugs that I was considering buying. This ade me want to get something pierced, but what? Well, I still want a christina piercing, but eh. It doesn't seem as interesting right now. Maybe some other lady parts. .....Well, I don't know. I guess hood piercings are kinda interesting. But that really sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth.  I mean, do I really want that much stimulation? More than likely no. It just seems a bit excessive. Well, I guess there isn't much I want pierced right now, but I am dying to get something done. It's been too long already. I do want that squid on my arm, and I did promise that tattoo artist that I'd let him do it. But I just don't want a tattoo right now. My birds are still too new. What to get?....

After a few links being clicked I ended up on a story about tongue splitting. And then pictures of it. And then videos. I think this is what I want to do. I am going to call my piercer tomorrow to talk to him about it. I have so many questions. Whats the aftercare like? How long does it take to heal? I have a hole and some scar tissue in my tongue, if that going to be a problem? How much will this cost? How much is this going to hurt?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions
« Reply #1658 on: 21 Nov 2008, 07:22 »

So my big news of the day is that I finally decided to go ahead and start stretching my lobes. I jumped from an 18 to a 14, but the furthest I think I will go from there is possibly to an 8? I do not know yet.
I originally was not going to do anything, but I went with my roommate when she got her cartilage pierced last night (I had mine done a while ago, but I am waiting for it to totally heal before doing any more actual piercings) and apparently when I am at a piercer's I cannot resist doing something.  :lol:
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

ackblom12

« Reply #1659 on: 21 Nov 2008, 08:14 »

You say that now. I remember when 4g was fucking huge, and now my goal of 1 1/4" is looking like a good but moderate size.

Like seriously, comparing my jewelry from the diffeent sizes is a little surreal.

andtakingnames

« Reply #1660 on: 21 Nov 2008, 09:44 »

SO I got an interpretation of this Charley Harper bird:

I'm wondering if, based on its location, if it would be advisable to add more birds to it and make it a sleeve? I've got a bunch more birds by the same artist lined up that I found and I'm worried it would look silly

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1661 on: 21 Nov 2008, 10:19 »

Please please do a sleeve all in outlines like that! Then you and brittanymarie can both use your arms as occasional coloring books!
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

ackblom12

« Reply #1662 on: 21 Nov 2008, 10:33 »

I think it would fantastic personally.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1663 on: 21 Nov 2008, 11:03 »

Ooh ooh what Manda said! That looks really nice; it's a very neat looking bird. But your tattoo artist should be able to draw something up for you around that will not make them look cluttered, which is the only thing I can think of that could make it look less good.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #1664 on: 21 Nov 2008, 11:07 »

I fail to see how that is even vaguely what I said or implied. I think wearing ANY religious tattoo when you don't follow that religion is disrespectful, not just Eastern religions.

I wasn't referring only to you, Jon. Agree that Eastern religions in the West are given a higher level of reverence than our own forms of worship.

For instance, The Love Guru came out last year and almost everyone I know, and every review I read, proclaimed it as tasteless, stupid, and unnecessary. But I've heard observant Catholics tell me that Evan Almighty was a laugh riot.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1665 on: 21 Nov 2008, 11:40 »

Ballard, that might be because the Love Guru really is a worse movie than Evan Almighty? No really, it is just terrible for being terrible, not terrible for being offensive. Unless the the fact that Mike Myers has used the exact same jokes in all of his movies since So I Married an Axe Murderer offends you.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1666 on: 21 Nov 2008, 12:25 »

Brittany i just have the urge to get some Crayola markers and color in your arm.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1667 on: 21 Nov 2008, 12:32 »

I would let you if I wasn't currently healing. It is soo itchy

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1668 on: 21 Nov 2008, 12:42 »

Ballard, that might be because the Love Guru really is a worse movie than Evan Almighty?

Saying Love Guru is worse than Evan Almighty is kinda like saying being shot in the left thigh is worse than being shot in the right calf.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1669 on: 21 Nov 2008, 13:30 »

andtakingnames' tattoo,

That is so awesome. I <3 it.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

andtakingnames

« Reply #1670 on: 21 Nov 2008, 13:55 »

awesome! thanks dudes. esp. the advice on getting a tattoo artist to do it, I have no idea how to design something on a lumpy cylinder (aka my arm)

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1671 on: 22 Nov 2008, 07:13 »

HEY GUYS! I NEED TO GET THIS TATTOO FINISHED:

BUT WAIT, THERES MORE:

And a close up of it not in the mirror!:
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #1672 on: 22 Nov 2008, 08:21 »

I love it! The detail in it is amazing. Are you leaving it as an outline (for random people to use as a coloring book) or are you going to get it colored?
*bloop bloop bloop*

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1673 on: 22 Nov 2008, 08:52 »

I'm going to get the spots filled in and it shaded, but I haven't really decided if I want color or not.

If I did get color, it'd be green bamboo, yellow kanji (it means Earth), and the snake would probably be blue. But I don't know if I want it colored, I mean, the color will really make it POP but thats a lot more time and more money being spent. I could instead get another tattoo with the money I would save.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #1674 on: 22 Nov 2008, 14:26 »

The color would make it really stand out, but I personally really like how sharp and clean it looks right now. You should definitely get more tattoos if you choose not to color it.  :lol:
*bloop bloop bloop*

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1675 on: 23 Nov 2008, 03:08 »

I got my septum done today and it looks fucking excellent!  I am so absolutely thrilled with how well it suits me, and everyone who has seen it (including my housemates who were dead against it) has loved it.  I went to my brother's friend DK to get it done, they call him the septum king and he is a total perfectionist so I was in excellent hands.  My original plan of getting a tiny tiny horseshoe had to be altered because it turns out my 'sweet spot' is incredibly high.  DK said it was the highest he had ever had to do in 12 years. It took him a long time to find the right spot as it was so high that he couldn't mark it because he couldn't see it and just had to feel around until he got it, but his perfectionism payed off because it didn't hurt at all.  We put an 8mm horsehoe in, but it was so high you literally couldn't see it at all!  Stupid retarded nose!  So we tried a 12mm and were all completely smitten with the result.  He was so pleased, he was glad he took the challenge of doing one really high.

And I don't care what all you negative nancys say, I absolutely and completely adore it and I'm glad I didn't listen to you!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1676 on: 23 Nov 2008, 03:30 »

Man, that does really suit you. Super cute!

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1677 on: 23 Nov 2008, 09:06 »

SEPTUM PIERCED JODIE,

If I had had internet when this discussion was happening, I would've shaken my head in disapproval at Tommy and est. Because they are wrong. So very very very very very very wrong about everything they've ever thought in their lives.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1678 on: 23 Nov 2008, 09:10 »

Oh my god Jodie that's so adorable! Love it!
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1679 on: 23 Nov 2008, 15:47 »

SO cute! How bad did your eyes water?

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #1680 on: 23 Nov 2008, 16:08 »

Huh, I actually normally really like septums, and I disagreed with Tommy and Est before, but it is not as nice as I thought it might be.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1681 on: 23 Nov 2008, 16:46 »

Jodie I said I was reserving my opinion until I saw it on you and now the results are in I can announce it is a landslide for "OMG CUTE'

(but you probably knew that was going to happen, right?)
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1682 on: 23 Nov 2008, 17:15 »

SO cute! How bad did your eyes water?

Not too bad, it took alot of moving the clamps around to get it in the right place.  Once they were in the right place my eyes wern't watering at all.

Also, thanks guys!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #1683 on: 23 Nov 2008, 17:43 »

I am glad you like it, J-Diz.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1684 on: 23 Nov 2008, 18:49 »

All I was saying

...is giiive septum piercings a chaaaance
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Jessidee

« Reply #1685 on: 24 Nov 2008, 05:42 »

i have a small japanese character on the inside of my right ankle done in brown ink. it is kokoro, which means heart... (google it)

and i have a two small paw prints on the outside of my right wrist, in black

my next one is going to be the word for family in gaelic on the top of my left foot, its the money issue thats preventing it

Jessidee

« Reply #1686 on: 24 Nov 2008, 05:51 »

my family are irish. we are only 3rd generation irish though.
my family are the most important thing to me, and being irish, i thought it'd be fitting to have it done in gaelic

the japanese one was done about a month after spending a good chunk of time in japan.

Jessidee

« Reply #1687 on: 24 Nov 2008, 06:27 »

thats ok. should really be sleeping.... but it is something that evades me (sorry for off topic)

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #1688 on: 26 Nov 2008, 04:08 »

i have a small japanese character on the inside of my right ankle done in brown ink. it is kokoro, which means heart... (google it)

This confused me. I figured out the symbol you mean. It is chinese (originally) as well as japanese kanji for 'heart'. But when I read the word 'kokoro' I know that this is the latin translation of 3 hirigana symbols. I did google it, kokoro is indeed derived from three symbols; こゝろ

You mentioned you spent some time in Japan, I learnt it for like a year and barely have a grasp of it.
Basically, I was wondering if you knew why japanese hirigana was replaced with kanji and whether the symbol; 心 (in kanji) was a spoken word on its own.

Also, considering that the symbol on your ankle is chinese, do you know what the chinese word is?

(apologises if you can not view the symbols...)
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

Jessidee

« Reply #1689 on: 26 Nov 2008, 14:56 »

it is the kanji symbol, and it means the same thing in chinese... i checked that before getting it done. i used to do a lot of kanji work, but havent done much in a while, so ive lost a lot of it

peach

« Reply #1690 on: 27 Nov 2008, 08:55 »

i recently turned 18 in august and i have 2 tattoos; an anchor on my left foot to keep me grounded, and the mario invincibility star on my right collar cuz i'm a big nerd about video games.

i've had my ears stretched since the 7th grade, and they're now at halves.
my lip since i was 14, bellybutton since 15 and septum since 16

i can't wait to get more body mods...i love themmm. =)

enjoy! =D

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #1691 on: 27 Nov 2008, 09:52 »

You mentioned you spent some time in Japan, I learnt it for like a year and barely have a grasp of it.
Basically, I was wondering if you knew why japanese hirigana was replaced with kanji and whether the symbol; 心 (in kanji) was a spoken word on its own.

Hiragana and Katakana were not replaced by Kanji, they are derived from it. This pretty handy tables illustrates it.

[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1692 on: 27 Nov 2008, 11:19 »

*Paging Jordan's libido to this thread*

Sir, how dare you. I don't instantly hit on every pierced girl with a Mario tatt-

Yeah, who am I kidding, peach,
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1693 on: 27 Nov 2008, 11:25 »

That's wierd, because I hit on every pierced girl with an anchor tat?

(I am echoing Jordan's Peach, analysis)

peach

« Reply #1694 on: 27 Nov 2008, 16:52 »

lol sillysillyboys. =p

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1695 on: 28 Nov 2008, 14:57 »

You've probably discussed this somewhere back in the thread but I don't feel like searching through thirty five pages.

What do you think about wrist tattoos? I've been thinking about getting a very tiny heart on the inside of my left wrist, just where my watch strap goes so that it can be covered if necessary (I aspire to high things, dudes) but friends in the know are being DOOM about the proximity to veins. Is this a problem?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

SonofZ3

« Reply #1696 on: 28 Nov 2008, 15:01 »

I have nautical stars on both my wrists. They hurt a little, but there certainly wasn't any doom involved
I've gained nothing from Zen.

Jessidee

« Reply #1697 on: 28 Nov 2008, 15:15 »

i have a tattoo on the outside of my right wrist, i dont think it hurt too much... if you have a good tattoo artist, they will know all about the veins and stuff so dont worry too much

ackblom12

« Reply #1698 on: 28 Nov 2008, 15:52 »

If I'm understanding what your friends are saying, they think that the wrist is a bad place because of the location of veins for infection and bleeding reasons? Or are they just being pansies about it hurting? The veins should not have any affect whatsoever if it's for the bleeding/infection reasons.

SonofZ3

« Reply #1699 on: 28 Nov 2008, 16:00 »

I can say that for some reason my wrist tattoos have needed the most touching up of any of mine. The one on my left pec that extends down under my arm deffinitely hurt way more, and a little pain is only that anyway, a little bit of pain. On the upside, I never realized how many women have nautical stars, and how often it gets used as an in when women feel like hitting on me: "I have that same tattoo" really? where at...
I've gained nothing from Zen.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 97   Go Up