THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 16:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 769166 times)

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #3650 on: 12 Oct 2010, 03:34 »

Um..no. I think mine are at like...16g or possibly 12g.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3651 on: 25 Oct 2010, 23:44 »

Sure I could just modify my last post, but new things!

I just got back from my first session for my sleeves. The outline for my right arm is finished (after 4 hours straight) so the tattooist and I decided to call it a day and we'll start on the left arm on Thursday. There are a couple of lines left to do but otherwise it is looking awesome and INCREDIBLY PAINFUL! Pictures when I fix my laptop (it has another virus yayyy).
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3652 on: 26 Oct 2010, 03:09 »

Woooo! Excite for you.

Dear Tattoo thread, my last tattoo has really awesome line work but the black work (unfinished) is really patchy. I blame this primarily on my aftercare as I went to one of the best known tattooist in the country and doubt he would have made too serious a mistake. I applied moisturiser every day but found that I was rubbing black off whenever I put it on. Could I be using stuff that's too thick or sticky?
What do you do with new tattoos? I'm not too bummed, I can always go over but I don't want to fuck up any future tattoos. Suggestions?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

jackmort

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #3653 on: 26 Oct 2010, 04:40 »

you can get a mild allergic reaction to things in moisturisers, like lanolin. That could affect the ink, make it patchy.
I use Sudocrem, dunno if you can get it in wherever you are, it's basically an antiseptic eczema cream
just when you think things are never going to get better, they suddenly get worse

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3654 on: 26 Oct 2010, 09:17 »

I applied moisturiser every day but found that I was rubbing black off whenever I put it on.

I have never ever heard of using regular ole moisturiser on tattoos! I have always been recommended to use Bepanthen (it's typically used for nappy-rash I think?) or the magical goopy cure-all, Lucas Paw-Paw Ointment. I am pretty sure you can only get it in Australia, which is a dang shame because it is all-natural and basically good for anything, including but not limited to helping to heal tattoos. Plus it smells awesome and doesn't taste too bad either  :-P You can get it in most chemists in Australia.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3655 on: 26 Oct 2010, 10:42 »

I put vaseline on my tattoo and it came out perfect. The trick was to use a tiny tiny amount and just smear it over, not rubbing it in or rubbing off any of the scab.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #3656 on: 26 Oct 2010, 11:09 »

1st couple of days i used Carmax lip balm. Works the same as Vaseline IMO. After that used Lubiderm Extra Healing. It is normal for some color to push out though. I remember waking up once and seeing black ink all over my sheets and freaking out. I asked my guy about it and he said its fine and after that my tattoo still looks good so wouldnt worry too much.
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3657 on: 26 Oct 2010, 11:32 »

Me and two of my friends are seriously planning matching Dalek tattoos on our left calf.

Thoughts on this please.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3658 on: 26 Oct 2010, 13:08 »

Yes

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #3659 on: 26 Oct 2010, 14:20 »

do it
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3660 on: 26 Oct 2010, 14:32 »

please

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3661 on: 26 Oct 2010, 14:50 »

Do it.

The cream I use is the one my tattoo shop sells, some kind of specific tattoo cream. But yeah I guess my failing is trying to rub it in rather than just covering the tattoo.
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #3662 on: 27 Oct 2010, 01:27 »

I have never ever heard of using regular ole moisturiser on tattoos! I have always been recommended to use Bepanthen (it's typically used for nappy-rash I think?) or the magical goopy cure-all, Lucas Paw-Paw Ointment. I am pretty sure you can only get it in Australia, which is a dang shame because it is all-natural and basically good for anything, including but not limited to helping to heal tattoos. Plus it smells awesome and doesn't taste too bad either  :-P You can get it in most chemists in Australia.

I always use Bepanthan.  Dovey I have been told by tattooists (and their crazy derby playing wives) not to EVER EVER use Papwpaw cream on your tattoos because it is a natural drawnat (or something) and it can draw the ink out of your skin instead of healing nice!  I was like, it's ok, I just use it as chap stick Ahhh stop yelling at me!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3663 on: 27 Oct 2010, 16:27 »

I've used it on all my tattoos (bar one maybe?) and they've all turned out fine (except for when I've picked at them or something retarded, i.e; nothing to do with the paw-paw). That being said, it's not surprising there's conflicting info on the matter, considering pretty much everybody has blankly contradictory opinions regarding the aftercare process. I guess you just gotta find what works for you. I stopped using Bepanthen because my skin always broke out horribly when I used it.

NEWSFLASH: The Lady said that the key is to only use it really sparingly (like, once a day?) and to let it dry out instead of keeping it slathered 24/7
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2010, 16:30 by David_Dovey »

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3664 on: 31 Oct 2010, 04:51 »

Ok so this is just the outline. Over the next several months I'll be getting shading and colour so yaaaay! PHOTO DUMP IS GO!

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #3665 on: 31 Oct 2010, 10:21 »

looks pretty awesome man.
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3666 on: 01 Nov 2010, 00:50 »

Holy fuck yes Jimmy

I'll be able to stretch up another size in a couple of days! Yaaay! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stop after this (0g) or at most go one more size so this is extra exciting, I'm gonna buy so much wonderful stuff to jam in my earholes

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #3667 on: 01 Nov 2010, 05:59 »

Jimmy, yes.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3668 on: 01 Nov 2010, 16:33 »

my earlobe has split quite viciously and it is hot and red and hard and there is blood and pus and it hurts and i feel very very queasy

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3669 on: 01 Nov 2010, 20:29 »

:psyduck:

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3670 on: 03 Nov 2010, 06:34 »

I caved and bought those owls I posted a while back.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3671 on: 03 Nov 2010, 06:55 »

Good ear:

BAAAAAAD EAR:

bastarrrddddd infection :/ the swelling's going down nicely though there's still quite a bit of open wound and pus on the inside.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3672 on: 04 Nov 2010, 00:09 »

I've had my 12mm plugs out for nearly a week now and my ears have shrunk down by more than half. Thanks hospital, thospital.

Aaden Foli

• Plantmonster
  • ...ladies.
    • Pixel Euphoria
« Reply #3673 on: 04 Nov 2010, 05:19 »

What's everyone's opinions on getting a band logo tattooed? Cos I was thinking of getting the RHCP asterix on my forearm.
Life is like fighting a dinosaur... it's really hard.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #3674 on: 04 Nov 2010, 05:25 »

Yeah, I had the same idea when I was 14. But since I was 14, I couldn't really do it since I was so young, so I waited and realised that 'Goddamn, that is probably the worst tattoo idea ever and thank god they have an age limit at tattoo parlors, this band really really sucks anyway, what was I thinking? Also this is such an unoroginal idea, why copy something like that, this is so lame.'

In other words: Don't do that.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Aaden Foli

• Plantmonster
  • ...ladies.
    • Pixel Euphoria
« Reply #3675 on: 04 Nov 2010, 05:29 »

Discounting it because (you think) the band sucks? Or because the idea itself is generally lame?

It's just one of the many designs I'm considering. I also wanna get a puzzle piece on my back shoulder, friend and I are thinking of getting half a Yin Yang each (me the Yin, her the Yang), and the quote "It's better to burn out than fade away" somewhere.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3676 on: 04 Nov 2010, 05:32 »

My girlfriend has the Opeth logo on her back. I have my band's logo on my chest. I would still say inadvisable but that's because RHCP? Really?

Edit: dude how old are you?

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3677 on: 04 Nov 2010, 05:33 »

See it doesn't matter what we think at all. Jace has a number of tattoos which I can't figure out any meaning for, or stylistic themes, but he likes em so whatever.
For the record though, band tattoos are generally lame (especially if you are not actually in the band) and a Chilli Peppers tattoo is just begging to be regretted.

Metope

« Reply #3678 on: 04 Nov 2010, 05:35 »

Personally I think the band sucks, yeah, but that has nothing to do with it in this case. People are entitled to their own taste and opinions! The idea itself is just really bad, because tastes change. I don't listen to any of the bands I use to listen to when I was younger. Band tattoos are like getting a tattoo of your girlfriend/boyfriend's name, it might seem like a good idea right there and then, but all of the sudden you break up, and then what? I noticed you're 18 as well, your taste in music will probably change a lot over the next few years.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3679 on: 04 Nov 2010, 05:46 »

If you want it on your body and you want it for a very long time, then whatevs, it's your body, get whatever tattoo you want.

Aaden Foli

• Plantmonster
  • ...ladies.
    • Pixel Euphoria
« Reply #3680 on: 04 Nov 2010, 05:48 »

I'm 18. And yeah, it's not like I was gonna be influenced by what people say here, I just wanted to know opinions.

Fair enough if you guys aren't fond of the Peppers, but they're like one of my favourite bands. Fuckin love em.

And my music taste is always changing tbh. Fuck, years ago I was straight-up into hip hop and rap. Then got into classic rock. Then progressive rock and metal. Now in the last few months I've really taken to punk, grunge and shoegaze. My taste probably will change eventually, yeah, but my favourite bands won't. Or not much, anyway.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3681 on: 04 Nov 2010, 05:52 »

If you're really into them then yeah, go for your life. If you haven't previously had any tattoos then I would pass on the one of the few worthwhile pieces of advice that you'll get regarding tattoos (apart from like, aftercare advice, take that shit seriously) and say that if you're planning on getting a tattoo get a copy of the image or design or whatever that you want to get tattooed on you and put it somewhere where you're going to look at it a lot everyday. After a year if you're still sure that you want it then you should be ok with having it forever. Also your sig is pretty good.

Metope

« Reply #3682 on: 04 Nov 2010, 05:59 »

Yeah, what Jimmy and Linds said, it's your body and your life. I just know that I said pretty much exactly the same thing as you're saying now, I was really into them, had all their albums, I still know all the words to most of the songs on Californication, did everything I could to try to see them live (never happened, they never played in Norway and I wasn't allowed to travel abroad by meself) and if someone had said to me "one day you'll realise that you actually don't like this band at all" I'd probably laugh right in their face. But by all means, go for it, just think about it for a little longer!

Aaden Foli

• Plantmonster
  • ...ladies.
    • Pixel Euphoria
« Reply #3683 on: 04 Nov 2010, 06:00 »

If you're really into them then yeah, go for your life. If you haven't previously had any tattoos then I would pass on the one of the few worthwhile pieces of advice that you'll get regarding tattoos (apart from like, aftercare advice, take that shit seriously) and say that if you're planning on getting a tattoo get a copy of the image or design or whatever that you want to get tattooed on you and put it somewhere where you're going to look at it a lot everyday. After a year if you're still sure that you want it then you should be ok with having it forever. Also your sig is pretty good.

That's a good idea man. I'll do that.

And thanks haha, you into Jon LaJoie?

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3684 on: 04 Nov 2010, 06:04 »

Never heard the name. Just thought it was funny.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3685 on: 04 Nov 2010, 12:00 »

See it doesn't matter what we think at all. Jace has a number of tattoos which I can't figure out any meaning for,
Oh hey, I can actually explain this
Scorpion on arm: Scorpio zodiac, my dad has a crab on his arm and is a cancer zodiac.
Snake down arm: Born in 1989, year of the snake.
Exclamation Point&Question Mark on chest: Life is both exciting and mysterious all the time.
Beatles Lyrics on ribs: My mom raised me listening to The Beatles, and I picked lyrics that meant a lot to me
Box on my back: I love ska and this was the first ska band I listened to and saw live. Ska opened the door for other music that isn't normally played on the radio.
Salamander's Crest on top of my shoulder: Warhammer 40K has a Space Marine Chapter called The Salamanders. They are badass and my favorite chapter, so I got their Icon on my shoulder.

Stylistically though, there is nothing really linking them, other than they all have a lot of personal meaning.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3686 on: 04 Nov 2010, 12:05 »

As long as you don't care about having the same tattoo as, like, a gazillion other people, then go nuts. Same for that Yin-yang thing, too. And puzzle pieces, probably. And the Neil Young quote. (This probably sounds snide as all hell but I'm not trying to be, I swear. All of those things are just really common tattoos/tattoo ideas, at least in my experience.)

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3687 on: 04 Nov 2010, 12:07 »

Also, if you want to show that you are a RHCP fan, you could always just shoot up.
/Neil Hamburger
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Aaden Foli

• Plantmonster
  • ...ladies.
    • Pixel Euphoria
« Reply #3688 on: 04 Nov 2010, 15:50 »

Also, if you want to show that you are a RHCP fan, you could always just shoot up.

Haha. Haha. Hah.

ackblom12

« Reply #3689 on: 04 Nov 2010, 15:57 »

So, I'm lusting after some gorgeous Tibetan Agate plugs. The only pictue I have of them has other pretty plugs as well, but mainly, it's the Tibetan Agate.

Kat said they look like delicious smores and I am inclined to agree. Unfortunately I am also unemployed and therefore no can do. A BLOO BLOO BLOO

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3690 on: 04 Nov 2010, 16:13 »

Hey Stephen join my Unemployed Dudes With Pretty Lobe-Dangler Lust Support Group, we meet every week on Tuesday, BYOKleenex

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3691 on: 04 Nov 2010, 16:21 »

Dangler Lust Support Group [...] BYOKleenex

Ew.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3692 on: 04 Nov 2010, 16:23 »

I was hoping someone would point that out (I was not)

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #3693 on: 04 Nov 2010, 17:27 »

I have holes in my face too!

The labret is gone. I still have the rest though. I really want this:

Because it's way too awesome to not have.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3694 on: 04 Nov 2010, 19:00 »

Is that a Wario-stache? I'm going to go with that.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3695 on: 04 Nov 2010, 19:30 »

Fuckity fuck just lost an o-ring

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #3696 on: 05 Nov 2010, 05:12 »

It's close enough. And it's awesome.

David - what size? Silicone or nitrile? I have a bazillion in nitrile that I can't wear that someone can have just so I can get rid of them. Or, bodyartforms has them for pretty cheap.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3697 on: 05 Nov 2010, 05:15 »

When I stretched my ears the guy at the piercing studio put two on each ear, just ni case. He said they had a tendency to come off, and that two should stop that, and I've never had an issue with losing o-rings.

Maybe when you get more you should try that?
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #3698 on: 05 Nov 2010, 05:48 »

Man, I am the queen of lost o-rings, the freaking queen.  Also of lost "captive" beads, and labret ends.  My piercer always gives me 6-8 o-rings with anything I buy, but when I lose one I can't find the extras.  For awhile when I walked in the door at the shop he would just greet me with "what did you lose?"  Mostly I just live without o-rings.  I am not wearing any right now.  The only time I really lose them is in my sleep and I am established enough at this size that if one falls out I can get it back in with no problem. 
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #3699 on: 05 Nov 2010, 06:35 »

I don't even use them at this point. I've bought mostly double-flare plugs, as my skin is all sensitive (hence why I can't wear the black o-rings), and gets irritated even with the silicone ones. I used to use a straight glass bar with o-rings in my nose, to hide my septum, but that got annoying fast. Now I have a staple-shaped bar that I just stick up there. I also had to wear a glass labret stud with an o-ring, but gave that up when it started fucking up my teeth.

Thankfully I've never lost a captive bead. Man that would suck. Even when I was hanging a belt up high on the wall at work, and it fell and hit me in the face, knocking out my septum ring.. I found that fucker. On the floor at Hot Topic.

I want a tattoo. Specifically one to show my love for the stinky little weasels (ferrets) I love so much. I'm thinking ferret paws "walking" down my hip and thigh. Stupid, y/n?
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 97   Go Up