THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 03:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 776405 times)

Zingoleb

Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #4100 on: 13 May 2011, 12:35 »

I'm assuming you can get nicer looking things to put in when you're not using them for glasses.

that was my big problem with them, those look bad.

Oh yeah, those were made as  bit of a prototype. They were never really intended to be done on any scale other than personal experiments. The problem with them mainly has to do with the weight of the lens. Even the lightest of lens are going to be a large amount of weight on the piercing compared to the jewelry, and with the Bridge being a surface piercing it's going to end up rejecting because of it. I love the idea but it isn't, nor was it really intended as, a practical solution.

Oh. Aww. Oh, well.

I still really like the idea. I thought of it, and someone told me people already do that, and upon seeing the execution of it I am sad inside.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4101 on: 13 May 2011, 13:09 »

I am one of those weird people who REALLY needs glasses but still REALLY likes wearing them. (I know there's a lot of people like that on here, but most people I know in meat life prefer not to wear contacts.) I like funky frames.

My current glasses dream is to find a pair of teal or violet cat eye glasses that aren't stupid expensive. Want.

Also I ordered a pair of olive wood plugs last week from Onetribe and I'm sooooooooo excited for them to come in. I'm tired of glass, I want more wood plugs.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Graphite

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • the final frontier?!
« Reply #4102 on: 13 May 2011, 19:09 »

I love my glasses, especially having gotten new frames that are rectangular but suggestive of a cat's eye. But because I've been without glasses for nearly six months for the first time since I was 3, wearing them feels oddly heavy on my ears now, where it never did before. I think my cartilage needs retraining; I used to feel naked without them.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4103 on: 26 May 2011, 18:05 »

My olive plugs finally arrived! They are so nice and much more comfortable than my glass ones. And a little more noticeable.

Also I don't think I posted a pic of my owls, so here they are:

I am becoming a huge fan of wood plugs and whatnot.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2011, 18:07 by Linds »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #4104 on: 27 May 2011, 12:17 »

Those owls are insanity!

Also my job cracked the shits at me about my plugs (My boss said he got an e-mail from hotel management about it, I'm not entirely sure I believe him) so I had to order some sillicone skin-coloured hider plugs from bodyartforms, so I also ordered these to make myself feel better.

It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

ackblom12

« Reply #4105 on: 27 May 2011, 13:52 »

Oh hey guys, if you wanna buy anything from bodyartforms by this saturday, they have a 20% off code. So just when you go to check out put the following into the coupon spot and it stacks with discounts and stuff already on them.

Coupon: 20NewMay11

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #4106 on: 28 May 2011, 09:28 »

Thank you for the coupon code! I was able to get the jewelry organizer I've wanted, along with some hematite plugs for my second earlobe piercings.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #4107 on: 28 May 2011, 18:29 »

Oh hey guys, if you wanna buy anything from bodyartforms by this saturday, they have a 20% off code. So just when you go to check out put the following into the coupon spot and it stacks with discounts and stuff already on them.

Coupon: 20NewMay11

See the above post and know that I hate you, Stephen

ackblom12

« Reply #4108 on: 29 May 2011, 04:00 »

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #4109 on: 30 May 2011, 06:16 »

So I want to get something extra put onto my arm. Basically it's going to be a text tattoo so I'm just wondering how I'd go about finding a good font for lack of a better word. I was going to get it done in my handwriting but then I realised my handwriting looks like dogshit. I've been checking out FuckYeahTattoos and it seems like most text tattoos (aside from being lame to anyone other than the person getting the tattoo) are done in really awful stock fonts.

I don't know what I'm asking though, maybe for suggestions of what type of lettering looks kind of cool? I don't know.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4110 on: 30 May 2011, 07:33 »

My party hard is in a simple runic/scratchy design that looks pretty cool, I think. You could always look for an artist who does a lot of lettering.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Elysiana

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Make me Fibonacci
« Reply #4111 on: 30 May 2011, 08:19 »

Link's incorrect I think - should be http://fyeahtattoos.com/

I recommend against getting it done in your own handwriting (even if you DID have good handwriting) because it might end up looking like it's your artist's handwriting instead. Or, because they're not used to writing in yours, it would just look funky. Definitely get an artist who is used to lettering.

As a typophile, I'd say it depends on what the text says. Choosing the right font for the content is really important. If you're getting, say, a quote done, you might want to consider a font from that era. Stay away from anything that comes standard with Windows. Would you want serif, sans-serif, italics, blackletter, block, etc. - then narrow it down from there. You can go pretty cliche or really out-there. The more artsy the font, though, the more it'll look like the piece is there to showcase the font, not the text itself, so you need to decide which is important.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #4112 on: 30 May 2011, 08:41 »

Or you could just pick up a penguin.

Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #4113 on: 01 Jun 2011, 20:10 »

I guess it is pretty hard to write without a skeleton.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

sean

• welp
« Reply #4114 on: 01 Jun 2011, 20:14 »

i was actually just about to post some bad joke about somebody's username but then thought "nahhhh, nobody would get it and it would be weird and awkward."

now im gonna do it.

- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Zingoleb

« Reply #4115 on: 06 Jun 2011, 09:54 »

I bought new earrings! I'm only at a four, and they're zeros, but I will get there in a month or so.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4116 on: 06 Jun 2011, 10:30 »

1 month? That's pretty fast. Don't rush! Your ears will thank you later.

Quote from: Onetribe
How often should I stretch; how long does it take to heal?

Stretching is a very individual activity, and there is no set time frame that will work for everyone. You should only stretch when your ears are completely healed. As a general rule, most people feel that their ears are healed after approximately 1 month. When you feel that your ears are healed, then wait another 2-3 weeks before stretching. A good rule of thumb is one stretch every other month.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4117 on: 06 Jun 2011, 10:40 »

Yeah, it took me 5 years to get from 18g to 3/4". And I still got a blow out. Take it easy!
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Zingoleb

« Reply #4118 on: 06 Jun 2011, 10:42 »

Except I've gone from unpierced to fours in about...4 months. And my ears are healing up really fast and really well, and I'm doing this with the help of a professional piercer. I've got really big earlobes that are super receptive to stretching, and the last stretch from a six to a four was after two weeks and I didn't even feel the stretch when she tapered me into the next size.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4119 on: 06 Jun 2011, 10:44 »

Better safe than sorry though, you know? Like I said, I took forever, and I still got a blow out. It's totally up to you of course, it's your body. But taking it slow is always always recommended. And just because a professional piercer says it's okay, doesn't mean it's true.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4120 on: 06 Jun 2011, 10:51 »

Alright, I'll take yr word for it - she's really well respected around here, and I believe her. I ask her for her opinion, she gives it to me, and she'll tell me to wait, or if I'm ready. I trust her opinion.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4121 on: 06 Jun 2011, 12:47 »

The smaller the piercing, the faster the heal time for the stretch. I just don't want you to get a blowout or anything. And I don't think taking a month between stretches is a bad thing, either. I know different people heal at different rates, but I probably went a little slower than necessary because I definitely did not want problems. (I have some scar tissue from old piercings on one ear.)

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4122 on: 06 Jun 2011, 18:08 »

I wasn't trying to put either you or your piercer down, or anything like that. I'm just saying to be careful. I completely agree with Linds.

On another note, a friend of mine is now a piercers apprentice. Which means cheap piercings for me. WOO!

alli

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #4123 on: 06 Jun 2011, 18:44 »

Got this done last friday

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #4124 on: 06 Jun 2011, 21:59 »

Where is that from, it sounds vaguely familiar

Mein Tumblr

Adlan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #4125 on: 07 Jun 2011, 02:29 »

An Old Max Romeo Song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdvuqo22T04 has the lyrics:

Rock to the Rhythm,
Roll to the Rhythm,

Might be where it's ringing a bell from.

alli

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #4126 on: 07 Jun 2011, 05:46 »

Zingoleb

« Reply #4127 on: 07 Jun 2011, 09:11 »

I just don't want you to get a blowout or anything.

Well, I appreciate that! And I'm not trying to be a little shit and ignore what you're saying, because I am taking this into account.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #4128 on: 14 Jun 2011, 14:16 »

Also my job cracked the shits at me about my plugs (My boss said he got an e-mail from hotel management about it, I'm not entirely sure I believe him) so I had to order some sillicone skin-coloured hider plugs from bodyartforms[/img]

Got these today, they don't really match my skin-tone at all, fuck the world, fuck everybody

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #4129 on: 14 Jun 2011, 14:25 »

Bitch you ain't foolin' NOBODY

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #4130 on: 14 Jun 2011, 20:19 »

It looks like you have a smarties tablet in your ear. Also nice shirt.

Mein Tumblr

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #4131 on: 15 Jun 2011, 04:36 »

I don't know, it's less noticable than either holes or dark-coloured plugs, and at least you're clearly making an effort which is all your boss can expect. They can't exactly require you to miraculously heal up overnight! At first glance no one would notice, I don't think, and anyone who is closely inspecting your ears deserves to see something unusual.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

öde

« Reply #4132 on: 15 Jun 2011, 04:49 »

Plugs are like the second most acceptable looking bodymod I can think of, behind plain earrings/studs.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4133 on: 15 Jun 2011, 06:53 »

Can you put make up on them? Seriously, find a female friend who knows about make up and take her with you to go get something to put on them to make them look more your skin tone. (I have silicone elf ears and they have theater make up on them to make them look more real, so I am assuming this would work.)

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #4134 on: 15 Jun 2011, 18:03 »

I don't know, it's less noticable than either holes or dark-coloured plugs, and at least you're clearly making an effort which is all your boss can expect. They can't exactly require you to miraculously heal up overnight! At first glance no one would notice, I don't think, and anyone who is closely inspecting your ears deserves to see something unusual.

Pretty much, May. I'm gonna take them in to my work when my boss gets back from holiday (he's the only guy who gives a shit in the slightest) and show him and let him make up his mind which option is better. Also, they hired me like this, it's not like I went out and got it done after getting hired, in full knowledge that it's in contravention of the dress code (which is actually kind of ambiguous on the subject now that I've actually read it).

Plugs are like the second most acceptable looking bodymod I can think of, behind plain earrings/studs.

The dress code at this place is extremely stringent. It is a 4-star resort after all. I think I've spoken about this before but here are some quotes directly from the Fairmont grooming standards document

• The height of the hair above one’s head should not exceed two inches.
  • Males: Hair must not extend over the collar and must be neatly trimmed around the collar and ears.  Shaved heads are permitted and should be maintained daily, with no stubble.  Brush cuts may be no shorter than a #2 clipper.
  • Males are required to shave daily, preferably immediately before their shift.
    Neatly trimmed beards and goatees are permitted if fully grown (no new beards are to be grown on the job).  Beards must be no longer than a #2 clipper. Beards and goatees (full moustache and beard) must be no longer than a #2 clipper. Strap, frame beards, goatees on chin only, soul patches and geometric designs are unacceptable.
    Moustaches are permitted but must not extend beyond the corner of the mouth or top of the lip.
    Sideburns must be neatly trimmed, and must not extend beyond mid-ear.  They must be of a conservative style; flares or mutton chops are unacceptable.
  • Males: Must wear colour-coordinated socks with both uniform and business attire.  (I'm breaking this one too, but no-one's called me on it yet. Au contraire, I tend to get "nice socks" on a fairly regular basis)

There's even standards for when I'm not actually working, but am on premises (i.e; most of the time, I live in staff accommodation)

• 6.5.12   Off-Duty Attire

When in the hotel while off duty (using recreation facilities, The Bean Café or dining outlets) the following dress code guidelines apply:
    Your overall appearance should be conservative and we recommend “smart casual” attire. This refers to “khaki-style” pants, tailored or collared t-shirts, closed-toe shoes and appropriate jewellery standards.
    Shirts should have collars (no athletic wear or tank tops)
    Denim must be clean and in good repair – no holes or frayed edges
    Athletic attire may be worn en route to the Fitness Centre – items must clean and in good repair (no “cut offs” or “short-shorts” in the fitness centre or Bean Café)
    Shoes must be clean and in good repair
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2011, 18:09 by David_Dovey »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #4135 on: 15 Jun 2011, 18:10 »

Can you put make up on them? Seriously, find a female friend who knows about make up and take her with you to go get something to put on them to make them look more your skin tone. (I have silicone elf ears and they have theater make up on them to make them look more real, so I am assuming this would work.)

I'm keeping this in mind, but only as a last resort.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #4136 on: 15 Jun 2011, 19:19 »

I would probably look for a new job. But then if I'm selling my labour to someone I really hate being told what to do outside of my actual duties and maybe you don't have that many options. Find better options I guess is my advice.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #4137 on: 15 Jun 2011, 19:40 »

But this is the only thing I dislike about my job! (well OK the boss is a bit of a weirdo/control-freak in general) Other than this I really enjoy what I'm doing and the people I work with, and it's really the only thing in my field I can do in Banff. You've gotta remember I live in a pretty small tourist town, my options aren't that wide and varied. Honestly I think I could probably just convince my boss to drop it anyway, especially with those hider plugs in evidence.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4138 on: 16 Jun 2011, 04:56 »

You may also be able to find a band-aid or something along those lines that are closer to your skin color, then cut out a little circle and put it on each plug.

I find that a lot of people seem convinced that no plugs looks better. This isn't AS big of a deal when you're in the "smaller" sizes.. but when you're getting closer and closer to an inch this becomes an issue. Thankfully, button-type earrings on girls are not that uncommon so as long as mine aren't see-through, few people can really tell what's going on.

Also with silicone hider plugs you can pierce them with a regular earring. It's another option to make them look more real, if your boss insists, but hopefully he doesn't!

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #4139 on: 16 Jun 2011, 08:30 »

I'm staggered that any job would dictate what you're allowed to wear when you're not working, but if it's the only downside to an otherwise awesome job then I guess I would also just deal with it. But I don't actually own any clothes which fit those guidelines at all (I live almost permanently in jeans, which are invariably frayed at the back of the heel because they are always too long).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4140 on: 16 Jun 2011, 13:31 »

It's a hotel, a fancy one it seems. Fancy hotels are pretty strict about the appearance of their employees for good reason. Fancy people do not want to go to fancy hotels and see not fancy employees, on duty or not. It's a Thing, so I've heard.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #4141 on: 16 Jun 2011, 13:37 »

It is definitely a Thing. Although not really that strictly enforced, most of the time. The current popular theory is just that management's got a bug up it's ass at the moment because we just hired a bunch of new people and they don't want the new hires thinking that they can get away with this shit.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4142 on: 17 Jun 2011, 04:36 »

Fancy hotels also have a bunch of bullshit that they think people want to hear.
Seriously, its 3 in the goddamn morning, I'm not gonna be like "welcome home to the sheraton, how was your trip" I'm gonna be like "hey, checking in? cool, whats yr name" No one cares about corporate wording bullshit at 3 in the morning.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #4143 on: 23 Jun 2011, 20:04 »

Did my first tattoo today, on a real person and everything.

Excuse dirty leg and grossness. I did it on my own left leg today, I'm adding stippling when it heals I think.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Rbp-7-Ooz

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Kill Dr. Lucky
« Reply #4144 on: 30 Jun 2011, 13:03 »

my frist ink.  Left arm

Second ink. Right Arm

I wanted a band but it had to be something other than a tribal... I was thinking circuitry, but the running men won out.

Both of these are personal to me.  The Loderunner is from the Commodore 64, it's was my first computer.  The running men are from the Intellivsion, (I was such an INTV snob... but as condesending as I was towards my friend's Colecos and Ataris they were allways ready to play Baseball or Sea Battle!  :-) )
“As the roof was leaking, a Master told two monks to bring something to catch the water. One brought a tub, the other a basket. The first was severely reprimande­d, the second highly praised.”

Adlan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #4145 on: 08 Jul 2011, 11:26 »

More pictures of my sleeve work. Latest installment in a long saga.

Rowan, and willow coloured,

beech recoloured much more colourfully, proper copper.

Silver birch coloured too.

Also a good example of why you should choose a tattoo artist you get on with. Due to a calendar mix up, I missed my appointment. He slotted me in after some one else cancelled. In addition, I didn't loose my deposit :D

The running men are sweet. Reminds me of block dude.

It's not really a body mod, but in 3 months I return to my OTC unit at university and the beard I've been growing in my industrial placement year will have to come off. It's my trifurcated bicoloured monstrosity. On the Plus side, I passed my military exams last year, if I get a promotion on my return I might be able to keep the tache. My Sgt Maj. Is a brick, with full sleeves, and we get on well, so he might get the CO's permission for me.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #4146 on: 08 Jul 2011, 16:23 »

The red and copper are really nice.

I'm getting to that point of the year where I want to get paid and go splash some cash on more tattoos. But apparently saving for a deposit on a house is more important? I don't really get how this whole 'grown up' thing works.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Zingoleb

« Reply #4147 on: 02 Aug 2011, 17:08 »

I just hit myself in the head with a hula hoop and knocked the bead out of my captive bead ring (ear cartilage piercing). Has anyone else lost the bead there? Is it likely to cause me Troubles And Woe? I'm considering just closing the ring up a bit with a pair of pliers just to keep it from falling out.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #4148 on: 03 Aug 2011, 00:40 »

I've done the same thing (not with a hula hoop) and it's been ok. I just went to a piercing studio and bought a new bead the next day.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4149 on: 03 Aug 2011, 01:35 »

Yesssss, but there's no piercing studio around here, that's the problem. I just moved three hours away from my last home, where the piercing studio was. The closest one is probably an hour's drive away...
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 97   Go Up