THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 15:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 770488 times)

ackblom12

Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #4750 on: 02 Apr 2013, 14:05 »

It's not likely to hurt as much as you're concerned about, to be honest. I mean, it'll hurt, but it's going to be fairly minor, all things considered, and shouldn't have much in the way of healing pains outside of pressure sensitivity. You'll probably be feeling the pain multiple times when you start to realize how often that party of your finger comes in contact with solid surfaces. Same as any other body mood.

I don't have any personal experience with having a practitioner do the implants, but my DIY attempt (it went fine, though I did remove them a few months after due to improper placement. I don't suggest DIY) involved very little pain. Clearly, pain tolerance is going to differ from person to person so I wouldn't take my account or anyone else's for granted. Going to be getting mine done professionally next time some day, so we'll see how it compares then.

Edit: Psychic link confirmed.

mtmerrick

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #4751 on: 02 Apr 2013, 14:12 »

Oh, I'd have to have it done professionally. I have a massive mental block that stops me from doing any kind of physical self-harm. which I suppose it's a good thing or else I wouldn't still be here.....

Boiled Dove

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Personal Text
« Reply #4752 on: 03 Apr 2013, 08:51 »

You can now see my TARDIS tat on my tumblr: http://boiled-dove.tumblr.com/

Signature

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4753 on: 07 Apr 2013, 15:35 »

Ok, I had to share these because they're too cute (and I kinda want them):

Dinosaurs!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ackblom12

« Reply #4754 on: 07 Apr 2013, 15:44 »

Gahhhhh, I'm going to spend hours browsing BAF again for expensive pretties.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #4755 on: 07 Apr 2013, 15:50 »

Update to my pending Japan adventure, turns out some Onsen (hot springs) and public bath houses will refuse service if you have visible tattoos when you disrobe.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4756 on: 07 Apr 2013, 20:26 »

Gahhhhh, I'm going to spend hours browsing BAF again for expensive pretties.

I was doing it, trying to look for stuff for the wedding and I saw those and was all OMGGGG WANT.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #4757 on: 08 Apr 2013, 05:43 »

eeeee dinosaurs! So cute! I can't wear wood, though :(
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

ackblom12

« Reply #4758 on: 08 Apr 2013, 07:32 »

Any particular reason?

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4759 on: 08 Apr 2013, 07:33 »

Despite oiling both the plugs and my ears, they always stick to me and it hurts a lot to get them out.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

ackblom12

« Reply #4760 on: 08 Apr 2013, 07:40 »

Bleh, that is really unfortunate. At least stone is always an option, albeit typically a more expensive one.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4761 on: 08 Apr 2013, 07:51 »

Yeah. I do love stone, though. And I can do horn or bone, as long as I keep everything well-oiled.

ackblom12

« Reply #4762 on: 09 Apr 2013, 17:25 »

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4763 on: 09 Apr 2013, 17:49 »

Awww Pauly <3

ackblom12

« Reply #4764 on: 03 May 2013, 20:56 »

So since Shannon died Modblog hasn't been up to much, but Shawn Porter just recently decided to start sharing an oral history of the industry in postings. The first entry is up and I'm hoping he keeps up with it.

SPC: Big Ed Fenster and the Silver Anchor

ackblom12

« Reply #4765 on: 08 May 2013, 05:18 »

ackblom12

« Reply #4766 on: 08 May 2013, 07:30 »

Also, I figured people might be interested in seeing an interview and work involving Sampa Von Cyborg

Zingoleb

« Reply #4767 on: 08 May 2013, 08:51 »

I am having the hardest time understanding Samppa.  :oops:

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #4768 on: 08 May 2013, 13:45 »

I watched it earlier and I felt the same.  :oops:

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #4769 on: 09 May 2013, 03:02 »

PLUGS!!!
Somebody knows his/her way around a carving knife. Impressive.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

ackblom12

« Reply #4770 on: 10 May 2013, 12:11 »

Shawn Porter continues sharing his stories, this time about hs mentor, Jack Yount.

SPC: Jack Yount

The end of the article includes links to a couple of other Modblog entries about Yount and I highly recommend checking them out.

ackblom12

« Reply #4771 on: 18 May 2013, 09:13 »

Shawn talks about the very first ModCon this time around.

SPC: ModCon One 1999

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #4772 on: 18 May 2013, 09:40 »

I'm curious how many people here have designed their own tattoos? As in drawn it on to paper and handed it to an artist and been all, "Put this on my skin."

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4773 on: 19 May 2013, 23:43 »

I find, more or less, most of the artists I've worked with are not fans of that style of tattooing. They are all generally artists too, so (to me at least) it seems like sort of a slap in the face to them to basically say "I just need you as the tool to put this on me."

When I got my knight sleeve done, I gave the artist (who'd done 5 tattoos on me prior) the front of a Warhammer box and said "something along these lines." He drew a beautiful piece of art and was super excited to work on it. He charged me $400 for 11 hours of tattooing, criminally low when the hourly shop rate is anywhere from $75-100. After one of the sessions on my arm, a guy came in wanting a sun with sunglasses tattooed on his elbow (no creativity really needed at all from the tattoo artist), he was quoted $120 for it. Keep in mind this is after he had literally just taken $200 for like 6 hours work on something where he had basically complete control.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

ackblom12

« Reply #4774 on: 20 May 2013, 00:03 »

I'll just back what Jace said and add that generally I think it's a fairly bad idea to not let the artist have their own say in what to do with a piece. For one, they're going to have a much better idea how a piece will work with the canvas available.

But I've got a quick question for folks. My ears are currently at 1" (25.5mm) and trying to find 1 1/16" (aka 27mm) single flare glass plugs or eyelets, but I'm having issues. I can only find a couple of custom orders on BAF in that size, which just about doubles the cost, and nothing else anywhere that sells retail. I'm thinking about stretching to 1 1/4" over the next several months and I'm currently at 25.5mm. The next size I can reliably find is 28.5mm. There is no way in hell I'm going to attempt a 3mm stretch, especially at this size. Anyone know of a place with the jewelry I'm needing?

Zingoleb

« Reply #4775 on: 20 May 2013, 00:20 »

i have a sneaking suspicion that most people here haven't stretched their ears that far and you'll probably have to ask some sort of body mod forum.

how far are you considering stretching your ears, by the way? (personally, i'm only going to go up to a 00 at most, but only because i've found the broadest range of plugs come between a 2 and 00)

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4776 on: 20 May 2013, 00:52 »

I unfortunately cannot help you steve, outside of BAF I don't know any places unless you get lucky with a local shop for jewelry.

I also want to add that I do have a couple tattoos that were "hey I want you to put this exact thing on me." The first two done by the guy I go to out here in Buffalo were super simple, one was printed off the computer and the other was a box. The third was another printed off, but I talked with him about why I wanted that exact thing and he was super down with the meaning behind it. The fourth (done immediately after the third) was a rough idea I sketched out, that he just drew on me with markers then tattooed.
The fifth tattoo he did was my d20, and he drew it up in about a week, it was also how we discovered that we both liked playing Magic: The Gathering. We played a game before and 2 games after the tattoo. It was another one that was just an idea that he executed excellently. The sixth was the knight sleeve. The seventh was my corgi tattoo. I find giving him a lot more leeway with the art results in phenomenal pieces and I'm excited to save up and get another one done.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4777 on: 20 May 2013, 06:32 »

Yeah the only place I know that you can get good jewelry like that is the shop where I get my piercings done.

My lobes are at an inch as well, but I don't think I'll be stretching any further, so I haven't looked at anything else.

Have you tried looking for local shops that order from Gorilla Glass? My piercer just got me a great custom retainer for my bridge and it was only $20. Not quite the same thing, obviously, but I know that they have good prices.

Also: my two tattoos have been paw prints so I basically walked in with a picture and asked her to put it on my skin. But there's not a whole lot of creativity to add to simple, black paw prints.

lepetitfromage

• addicted to the shindig
« Reply #4778 on: 20 May 2013, 07:44 »

I've designed most of my tattoos but I like to think of them more as collaborations than "I'll draw this, you just stick it on me". My artist is fantastic- I usually bring him a sketch and ask his opinion on it. We'll chat about the piece, decide what I've done that will work/not work and he'll play around with it before we decide on a final drawing. I've always loved doing collaborative pieces in general, so it's nice to get another (albeit small) taste of that. Plus, constructive criticism is a good thing. I'd love to learn to tattoo one day so I try to go into sponge mode whenever I'm around him.

Steve, I don't really know much about what constitutes expensive in Plug World but after some Google Fu I found these. The shop has phenomenal reviews and shipping charges are decent too.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

ackblom12

« Reply #4779 on: 20 May 2013, 12:11 »

i have a sneaking suspicion that most people here haven't stretched their ears that far and you'll probably have to ask some sort of body mod forum.

how far are you considering stretching your ears, by the way? (personally, i'm only going to go up to a 00 at most, but only because i've found the broadest range of plugs come between a 2 and 00)

Yeah, I figured it was worth a shot before I went to 'the other' internets. Tis a frightening place.

As far as goal sizes go, 32mm (1 1/4") has been a goal for a while, but 38mm (1 1/2") is probably more likely what I'll end up at. I've toyed with the idea of going to 51mm (2") and I'm not ruling it out, though I'd probably get scalpeled to that from 38mm rather than stretching. It's a pretty slow (and expensive at this size) process though, so I gots plenty of thinkin' time. The type of jewelry I prefer has always been chunky, and I love the weight. Also I have a bit of a massive hard on for large jewelry with carvings/laser cuttings such as the dino bones linked earlier. Also large stone is just gorgeous.

I've definitely considered going to Pangea to see if they can do an order, but Pangea is expensive due to their location. They are set up in the downtown of a college town and their prices show it. Also lapetit, thanks for the attempt, but it's still a bit pricier than I can pretend to afford though, which is why I've been hoping to find eyelets.

Just as a comparison between the styles of jewelry. I'm using Glasswear Studios because they are the cheapest glass folks who make good quality jewelry (that I'm aware of). Eyelets and Plugs have a pretty big difference in prices, and it looks like Plugs are going to be a no go, since it's pretty pointless to spend that much on jewelry for a size I'm going to stay at for 1, maybe 3 months at the most.

Thinking I might get ahold of Nick at Dorje and see if he might be able to find me some proper sized eyelets.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4780 on: 20 May 2013, 13:35 »

There's a Jewelry Exchange group on FB now (like the one on IAM) that might be able to help you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jewelryexchange/

ackblom12

« Reply #4781 on: 20 May 2013, 13:55 »

Oh hey, Cere is in that group.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #4782 on: 20 May 2013, 16:07 »

Thanks for the anecdotes. I was just wondering.

I've designed most of my tattoos but I like to think of them more as collaborations than "I'll draw this, you just stick it on me". My artist is fantastic- I usually bring him a sketch and ask his opinion on it. We'll chat about the piece, decide what I've done that will work/not work and he'll play around with it before we decide on a final drawing. I've always loved doing collaborative pieces in general, so it's nice to get another (albeit small) taste of that. Plus, constructive criticism is a good thing. I'd love to learn to tattoo one day so I try to go into sponge mode whenever I'm around him.

This is what I've done for the two tattoos I've designed, although they've both been very simple. My first one the artist didn't change anything though because it's that simplistic and they liked the design as it was. The second artist helped me choose colours that would work a bit better on my skintone.
In a way I feel better when an artist is willing to say, "This idea is bad." which has happened with me. Not said in that harsh a way but I appreciate they don't want to just slap it on me when they know it won't look good. It's also nice to know that they have the experience to know it won't look good.

I've got a lot of ideas floating around right now, some designs about 90% but nothing solid. I may have to suck it up and travel the two hours to the place I like just to spend a while hashing out ideas and have some money ready for design work.

RoisinO

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #4783 on: 21 May 2013, 04:47 »

I'm new here but very proud of my tattoo - it is based on the bloodstream and to me signifies how everything on earth connects, which brings me comfort. Due to the colour it is fading and will need to be redone, but I have more planned first.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4784 on: 21 May 2013, 17:52 »

is that due to its colour or due to the faux-80s instagram filter

RoisinO

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #4785 on: 22 May 2013, 05:47 »

is that due to its colour or due to the faux-80s instagram filter

Instagram not liked on this forum, noted. It was the only picture of it I had.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4786 on: 22 May 2013, 13:14 »

i would really not take my opinion on things as true for the entire forum. i'm mercurial and abrasive at best.

i like the tattoo, though. it reminds me of a lichtenburg figure.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4787 on: 22 May 2013, 14:53 »

Boy I like got his navel pierced and holy butts is it adorable:

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4788 on: 26 May 2013, 23:26 »

ALSO YOU CAN SEE THROUGH MY FACE OH MAN:

mtmerrick

« Reply #4789 on: 27 May 2013, 01:55 »

It took me a few seconds to realize what I was seeing - it just looked like white jewelry at first :P

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4790 on: 27 May 2013, 06:08 »

Yeah it's not easy to show that it's clear in a pic.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4791 on: 27 May 2013, 22:53 »

it still looks like jewelry to me

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #4792 on: 27 May 2013, 23:39 »

You should put a light behind it in a dark room...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4793 on: 28 May 2013, 05:34 »

Yeah that's the next step. Just have to wait until someone else is with me to take the picture. Apparently it's difficult to get a good picture of a hole in your own face.

ackblom12

« Reply #4794 on: 28 May 2013, 17:52 »

This is fun! It's basically a 'How's it Made' video by Industrial Strength on their manufacturing process.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=252766164734920

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4795 on: 29 May 2013, 12:00 »

I've decided what I want stabbed next:

8g labret
tongue splitting
12g nipples (maybe 10g? not sure)
14g smiley

I want more than that I just can't figure out what, exactly. I feel like my look isn't... complete, somehow.

Then I have to get jewelry that matches/goes well together. And of course clear glass pieces as needed.

ackblom12

« Reply #4796 on: 29 May 2013, 13:08 »

I should think about getting my nipples done again.

Also more genital piercings.

Also my bridge

and other things

and I am eager to do another suspension.

Stupid money.

On another note, it seems like Shannon's death may have ushered in a new sense of solidarity to the community. Sean Phillips has decided to come back to BME as a full time content contributor and BME events seem to be popping back up into the spotlight. Hopefully it manages to keep some of the steam in the coming months and years. The community has been ridicuously splintered since the whole BME ownership debacle.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4797 on: 29 May 2013, 13:11 »

See I want crotch metal but I don't think my anatomy (as in the fact that I am overweight) will suit anything I'd want. But it's something I intend to discuss with someone. At some point. One of these days.

ackblom12

« Reply #4798 on: 29 May 2013, 13:14 »

Pfffft, being overweight is unlikely to case any real problems for female crotch metal. Problems could occur with maaaaaaaybe a Christina, but that's still pretty unlikely. Go have a piercer look at your croooootch.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4799 on: 29 May 2013, 13:21 »

I have a hard enough time allowing a doctor to look at my crotch. And I'd want outer labia piercings I think, which would be an issue because I would be sitting on them all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97   Go Up