THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 755938 times)

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #3850 on: 09 Jan 2011, 17:53 »

you should totally do it, and document it for us!

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #3851 on: 09 Jan 2011, 17:54 »

plus that would make you like the Forum Superhero

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3852 on: 09 Jan 2011, 21:41 »

Yeah dude, do it.

Got my ears back to 12mm. So happy about this. Finally back to my work friendly tunnels instead of tapers/spirals.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #3853 on: 10 Jan 2011, 01:12 »

Stephen you have the next few months off because you are un-employed, I'm not sure that is the best time to make investments.  How big of an investment are we talking? How many magnets? and where are you putting them.  Also am I going to be jealous if you do it? does that mean I need to do it too?
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

ackblom12

« Reply #3854 on: 10 Jan 2011, 01:40 »

It's pretty cheap actually. Like the site Jens posted, it's $60 with shipping to get the magnets and then the cost of single use pre-sterilized tools and maybe powder anesthetic. All told probably no more than $80 or so, maybe as much as $100 if we also get some extra things, scalpels and the like, for a possible emergency removal.

I'm thinking 6 magnets at least, but it may be lower depending on how well I actually handle the procedure.

Papersatan

« Reply #3855 on: 10 Jan 2011, 01:50 »

You didn't answer my jealousy question.  If we are gonna do this for you I think I want one too.  Just one, right pinky. 

ackblom12

« Reply #3856 on: 10 Jan 2011, 01:52 »

I am not opposed!

ackblom12

« Reply #3857 on: 10 Jan 2011, 01:52 »

My wife and I have resorted to having this conversation on the forums while we are in the same house oh god what is wrong with us

ackblom12

« Reply #3858 on: 10 Jan 2011, 02:00 »

We can have a special handshake prepared for our next meeting!

Papersatan

« Reply #3859 on: 10 Jan 2011, 02:29 »

Jens I wish you lived closer then we could all get together and do it at the same time.

Maybe could web-conference this?  tinychat/cleverfingerpun or something. 

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3860 on: 10 Jan 2011, 05:20 »

Just curious, but what's the point of magnet implants? Does it just create a sensation when you touch magnetic things or what?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #3861 on: 10 Jan 2011, 05:25 »

Would they be a problem with computers? I figure they're not particularly strong, but I have no idea. Also they could get in the way of things like x-rays and MRIs and whatnot, if you needed one of those. However, they seem pretty awesome. If I could handle having my fingers worked on like that I might consider it. But my hands are soft and girly and sensitive, and I am a whiny bitch.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #3862 on: 10 Jan 2011, 07:07 »

Apparently, magnets in multiple fingertips allows you to sense magnetic fields, specifically their dimensions and strength in the particular part of the field your hand is in, in three dimensions. You can sense electricity by tingling, she says, so you don't have to worry about hard drives and stuff because you wouldn't accidentally touch them when they were running due to the tingles, and the magnets would not be strong enough to affect anything on the hard drive when it was off.

I might get something like this done in one finger on each hand, except it is unlikely I would be able to tolerate the circumstances of any operation other than fully professional surgery. Also, I am pretty sure that the nerves in your fingers would attempt to adapt to this new sensation and dull themselves over time. Thus, you would always be able to feel the tingling, but your regular sense of touch might dissipate, the same way sensitive piercings (nipples, egs) lose feeling after awhile.
« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2011, 07:09 by calenlass »
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3863 on: 10 Jan 2011, 07:12 »

If you need to have an MRI scan you would probably want to have any magnets removed first, as I suspect they are likely to be ripped from your body otherwise....
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #3864 on: 10 Jan 2011, 07:12 »

Well the MRI would be a problem because of the magnets used, but in other scans the magnets would show an artifact and get in the way of seeing whatever they're looking for. Of course that would only be a problem if you're getting your hands x-rayed for whatever reason.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #3865 on: 10 Jan 2011, 07:14 »

Yeah, see, it is just not really worth it to me. I will let whatsherface keep experimenting on herself since she already plans to continue anyway, and maybe at some point in the future when it is actually worthwhile, I might benefit from her discoveries.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3866 on: 10 Jan 2011, 07:25 »

I'd be most concerned about constantly wiping information off of my ATM and credit cards.

Man I am worried I will not be able to afford to finish my sleeves. If I can't get them done the next time I go down to Melbourne (first week of february) then I'm probably going to have to take a trip to New Zealand as that is where my artist is moving.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #3867 on: 10 Jan 2011, 09:52 »

Wait, if you cant use magnetic superpowers to have beerbottles dangling from your fingertips, why  is this a good idea?
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3868 on: 10 Jan 2011, 12:18 »

Thanks for answering, guys! The ability to feel magnetic fields could potentially be really cool, but my hands are really important to me, so I'm going to pass. But Steve, if you do that, you should do another epic post like you did with your tongue and suspension. They were really cool to see documented!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3869 on: 10 Jan 2011, 16:05 »

I also like this because it's not as creepy as typical transhumanism - It's not about transcending your biological limits to live forever or unrealistic shit like that, it's actually practical (as opposed to purely imaginative) and unpretentious kitchen experimentation. The risk of losing bits of your body because of it somewhat dulls the appeal, but still!

THE FLESH IS WEAK! PRAISE THE OMNISSIAH!
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #3870 on: 10 Jan 2011, 16:14 »

This guy did them as well:

http://www.zentastic.com/blog/2005/06/19/implant-photos/

I think he ended up having problems with them and having them removed.

I also thought that even small bits of metal left huge artifacts for some reason? But that picture and some research says I am very wrong. I'd love to have magnet implants. Though I think I want my tongue split more.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #3871 on: 10 Jan 2011, 17:02 »

But what we all really wanna know is, who'll go so far as to put them in their junk?
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #3872 on: 10 Jan 2011, 17:13 »

I'm pretty sure the tingling would result in unwanted erections too.

Whenever he has an erection, there's an EM field in that general direction.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #3873 on: 10 Jan 2011, 17:18 »

it's the new right-hand rule

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3874 on: 10 Jan 2011, 17:22 »

I'm pretty sure the tingling would result in unwanted erections too.

Whenever he has an erection, there's an EM field in that general direction.
ah so it's like a dowsing rod
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #3875 on: 10 Jan 2011, 17:26 »

What about magnets in their junk AND their hands? I guess that's a good excuse to always have your hand down your pants.

ackblom12

« Reply #3876 on: 10 Jan 2011, 19:09 »

This guy did them as well:

http://www.zentastic.com/blog/2005/06/19/implant-photos/

I think he ended up having problems with them and having them removed.

I also thought that even small bits of metal left huge artifacts for some reason? But that picture and some research says I am very wrong. I'd love to have magnet implants. Though I think I want my tongue split more.

Yeah, Shannon's broke down due to some trauma he had with them. Somehow or another the layering broke down and his body basically attempted to digest the magnets which of course didn't work very well. I don't recall what they used for the bio-proofing though and I suspect it was just regular silicone.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #3877 on: 11 Jan 2011, 05:07 »

Yeah, I think it was just silicone. What is being used now?

ackblom12

« Reply #3878 on: 11 Jan 2011, 14:55 »

Haworth is the only one I know who sells the and he sells them to other practitioners only. The issue he had with the early days was apparently the coating method he used where they just did dip coating. Now its all machine coated all proper like. He does however charge a pretty ridiculous premium for them as she mentioned. Any idea where the artist you are thinking of might be located?

I know there's both gold and titanium coated magnets out there now but I see no reason to get just gold or titanium when you get also get the parylene coating for an extra layer of protection.

ackblom12

« Reply #3879 on: 11 Jan 2011, 18:28 »

Funnily enough the only problem I'm having finding equipment is a injection syringe. Plenty of Veterinarian supplies places I can buy pre-loaded RFID (something else I'm interested in) injections but I can't fnd a regular ol' 5mm diameter syringe and needle pack. I might need to get a hold of a local practitioner and see if they have any leads on where to get ahold of some. I could technically ask one of the guys who have done my other  major work but I'm not sure how they'd feel about me asking them about vendors for DIY implant equipment and I'd rather keep those relations on the good side.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3880 on: 11 Jan 2011, 22:48 »

Don't you have a needle exchange nearby?
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

ackblom12

« Reply #3881 on: 11 Jan 2011, 23:36 »

I could be wrong, but I don't see a needle exchange carrying a needle that's primarily used for injecting RFIDs into pets and livestock.

Basically I'm looking for a 5mm or 6g (technically 5g) needle for diameter size.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3882 on: 12 Jan 2011, 01:12 »

Have you called and asked? Vets need to exchange needles too. You know needle exchanges can be for anyone who uses needles, not just junkies right?

Failing that, have you asked your local vet if they'll sell you one?

ackblom12

« Reply #3883 on: 12 Jan 2011, 03:08 »

Nah see, clinics and vets don't really deal with NEPs in the US as far as I know, though I will check if I can't find another way. Most professional places will only deal through their contracted vendors .

Part of that problem is also that I can only exchange at a NEP, I can't purchase new. I don't have any 6g needles to exchange and I need a pack of 10 or so.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #3884 on: 12 Jan 2011, 04:06 »

ok these sound amazing and are one of the only things in this thread that actually sound tempting to me. but I do see a couple of potential problems, wouldn't they be absoulte death to screens, and you can't say that you never accidentally poke a screen or rest or brush your hand against against one. also I can't see it going well if you ever find yourself  having to carry a decently large/powerful magnet.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

ackblom12

« Reply #3885 on: 12 Jan 2011, 04:15 »

They aren't strong enough to cause any real reaction for a screen by all accounts I've heard. The guy who did the blog Jens linked talks about regularly using his touchscreen cell phone for example.

As for permanent magnets you will definitely get a feeling from them, but it's ranged anywhere from "awesome" to "incredibly unsettling" depending on the person. Also yeah, if you were say needing to have an MRI you would probably want them removed first. Or if you were working in a location with a massively powerful magnet such as a power plant it could be a real serious issue, but I can't think of any real reason why I'd have a large unplanned magnetic block that I had to deal with in my day to day life and I probably just wouldn't if it came up.

Edit - Also Jens brings up a good point.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3886 on: 12 Jan 2011, 07:28 »

You guys, coat them with Sugru. It is right there in her talk. A package of the stuff is like $25 including shipping, and you get tons. I bought some and it is super useful.

ackblom12

« Reply #3887 on: 12 Jan 2011, 14:18 »

the magnets I am getting are pre-coated. No need to!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3888 on: 13 Jan 2011, 07:16 »

You could save so much money just buying magnets plain.  I could give you sugru for free!

ackblom12

« Reply #3889 on: 13 Jan 2011, 07:32 »

Yes but see, I'm also dealing with a highly toxic magnet that if not dipped properly for internal use can cause the coating to be compromised and cause the purposeful wound I'm causing to myself to have serious problems and put me in even more medical debt than I already am. Also I would not have the benefit of a 2nd protective layering in the form of the gold coating. I am willing to pay the $60 with shipping to get 100 pre dipped by a company who makes them for lab use rather than go cheaper and significantly increase user error possibilities.

ackblom12

« Reply #3890 on: 14 Jan 2011, 22:15 »

Looking at that again I think I just had a massive brain fart.

You are correct, sugru will probably be used and besides that that shit sounds like a fun and useful thing to have around.

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #3891 on: 15 Jan 2011, 07:24 »

Is it safe to put sugru inside your body?
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #3892 on: 27 Jan 2011, 20:17 »

new ears arrived in the mail today! thanks onetribe.
i also got some lovely but fairly basic wooden plugs for everyday, but they aren't as interesting so i won't bother with photos.

please excuse bad skin/dirty hair/tired eyes, it has been a very long week.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3893 on: 27 Jan 2011, 20:20 »

Those are pretty cool Tania!

I get my sleeves finished next week. Pictures to come!!!

EDIT: PICTURES

aaannnnnd

They are looking awesome and I'm really happy with how they are turning out. Unfortunately this is going to take FOREVER because my artist is not going to be back in Australia for at least another six months. But I guess if you are in America, Europe or South Africa you should look for a girl from NZ called Sam Rulz doing guest spots in your town? Tell her how much you love my tats!
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2011, 00:16 by Jimmy the Squid »
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3894 on: 06 Feb 2011, 01:25 »

Can't make out Wolverine so well but the shading on Magneto is looking SO GOOD  :psyduck: Like... actually psyduck worthy. Sam Rulz is truly worthy of her name, she does rule.

She Wins The Race

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Gonna take you for a ride
« Reply #3895 on: 06 Feb 2011, 01:40 »

I've been wondering about tattoos lately. Is it best to get to a "goal weight" before you get something done on say your shoulders and back? I want to lose like 20 pounds or so so I may just weight until I get any work done lest my tattoo look ridiculous as hell.
STEAMCRUNK

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #3896 on: 06 Feb 2011, 07:00 »

I would think that the shoulder area isn't going to change a whole lot with your weight, unless you're medically obese. Even as a fat chick my shoulders aren't exactly fat. The back is different, it depends on how you carry your weight.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3897 on: 06 Feb 2011, 08:22 »

Every time I try to stretch my ears to the next size up, I cannot do it because it is really painful. I take a hot shower, I even use jojoba oil, but still a bunch of pain. Do I just dealwithit.gif or am I doing something wrong here? I usually just go to my piercer after a couple tries and they do it, but I'm going up to 4g now and it is getting a bit ridiculous.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3898 on: 06 Feb 2011, 08:31 »

If you're using a taper, just take your time with it. Oil it up and put it in as far as it will go without hurting you and then through the day, ease it through. I know going from 8g to 6g hurt the most for me, but 6g to 4g wasn't too bad. I just left my tapers in as long as I needed to and it worked out ok. It's going to be slightly uncomfortable from pressure, but it should never hurt.

Also what are you putting in after you're stretching?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3899 on: 06 Feb 2011, 08:36 »

I'm stretching with plugs, that is what my piercer told me to do, just take a shower and switch out for the next size up. Also, depending on the day, I can't really take a lot of time on stretching, what with having to be at work. Maybe like 4-5 hours in the evening at most.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 97   Go Up