THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 14:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 771239 times)

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #500 on: 07 Jan 2008, 16:12 »

Maybe it is just the picture, but it seems like it isn't quite centered on your back...
Whatever. Excellent workmanship.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #501 on: 15 Jan 2008, 18:04 »

I keep trying to remember the name of a french tattoo artist that I saw when perusing the magazine shelf at a borders a couple weeks ago, but I just can't seem to do it. He seemed to be known for his tattoos and drawing of wicked cartoonish women with larger than normal heads with creepy eyes, all I remember is that they looked really cool. Anyone got any idea here, or am I reaching out into thin air? I know he had a really wierd name, no standard first name/surname combo.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

ThePQ4

« Reply #502 on: 15 Jan 2008, 18:30 »

Hmmm...which magazine was it in? You could probably see if they have a website and look him up.

In other news: I got my Storm colored!! yaaay! Pics later, after it's healed a bit. I lied, my artist uploaded his pic on his myspace, so I shamelessly stole it. yaaaaay

I am hoping the brown will tone down in time, it really is rather dark/red looking.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2008, 18:53 by ThePQ4 »

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #503 on: 15 Jan 2008, 18:35 »

can't even remember the name of the magazine, and believe me, I've looked. Any major Tattoo magazine that can be found through yahoo or Google it seems, still nothing. Its a shame, he had really cool looking stuff.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #504 on: 16 Jan 2008, 04:41 »

Is the guys name Yann?

The link is the first one listed on Google when I searched on french tattoo artist cartoonish women .
Sadly I cannot check the link myself since I'm at work and the site is blocked by the fine folks in IT. (Hi guys!)
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #505 on: 16 Jan 2008, 04:47 »

Not sure if it's Yann or not, or the artist he was looking for, but it's a fantastic site full of amazing tattoos (different styles to the one above too, similar, but different).

http://yourmeatismine.com/home.html

captain zoe

« Reply #506 on: 16 Jan 2008, 07:08 »

That's Yann.  In the "daily happenings" page it mentions at the very top that he's visiting Canada. 

Some of those tattoos are amazing.  I will have to browse some more when I get back from class. 

hannahrochelle

• Emoticontraindication
  • \@_o/
    • myspace.
« Reply #507 on: 16 Jan 2008, 19:51 »

this tatt is on my right forearm, and is only about an inch long. It was my first tatt, and probably wont be my last.. I've had it for about 6 or 7 months. It didnt hurt much... outline was the most painful part, and the only reason my arm went numb was because the needle was vibrating a few skin layers above the muscle.

If you live in Melbourne, I highly recommend Danny from Ink City Tattoos in Preston (north east subbys).
Quote from: jeph
show me a 14 year old with crash-rated boobs and i'll show you a pink elephant

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #508 on: 16 Jan 2008, 20:08 »

Hmm, not that cartoony, but those look cool. The guy I'm talking about does really high color and detailed scenes with the characters, in half and full arm sleeves and on legs.

VisualRhetoricProject

« Reply #509 on: 22 Jan 2008, 17:47 »

I have five tattoos, and they are all original.  Well, I cannot say I am the only person with them, but they all mean something to me.  I've been a QC fan since the beginning, and I've been itching to share my pintsize tattoo.

First to last:

1.  My best friend make this when we were in HS.  He's stationed in Japan now, and I miss the shit outta him.  It's our initials, C (and) M.  It's done in a kanji style, which I thought was fitting, since he's in Japan.

2.  and 3.  I got them done together because I like symmetry.  One is a dotted 16th note (hard as hell to do staccato) and the other is a rainbow pi symbol, expressing my love for gay arithmeticians.   

4.  My sister's signature.  She has mine, too.

AND THE GRAND FINALLY:

5.  PINTSIZE!  I'll have to get it touched up again this year (I've already done it once) but it hurts less and less the more desensitized my foot gets.  The cord blew out on my toe.  That was insane.

Also:

I always wanted one on the bottom of my foot. I almost always wear striped stockings so it wouldn't be too visible. I wouldn't know what to get though. Everything would seem stupid later, so I figure I would just label it "foot" it will always be my foot.

Or maybe spirals on my elbows so I could be a cartoon.

Anything on the bottom of your foot would (1) hurt like hell, and (2) have to be re-inked in a year or more.  Palm tattoos are the same way.  And labeling your body parts seems to be pretty common in the Indy/Emo/Screamo/Bandito scene.
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2008, 17:48 by VisualRhetoricProject »

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #510 on: 22 Jan 2008, 17:57 »

Those are some pretty cool tattoos. I like you. My favorite might be the pi one or the pintsize one. And that signature thing is sweet too.
Just so you know, though, your buddy slipped the Mason's emblem on your back. He's not a lodge member or anything, is he?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #511 on: 22 Jan 2008, 18:05 »

I think it would be fun if you got a little amp tattooed on your big toe.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

VisualRhetoricProject

« Reply #512 on: 22 Jan 2008, 18:07 »

Those are some pretty cool tattoos. I like you. My favorite might be the pi one or the pintsize one. And that signature thing is sweet too.
Just so you know, though, your buddy slipped the Mason's emblem on your back. He's not a lodge member or anything, is he?

Hah!  No.  He originally drew it in an anarchy style, since we were angsty teenagers with problems no one else in the world had.  When I sent to get some piercings, I randomly pulled out the drawing for one of the artists at the studio, he sketched it in Kanji (his specialty style) and I took my shirt off. 

I like me, too.  And I like that you like me.  LETS BE E-FRIENDS.

I think it would be fun if you got a little amp tattooed on your big toe.

It would not be fun.  The needle hit the bone as it is, and that Sir, was not fun.  I did consider getting the amp on the underside of my foot, or on the other foot, but after 4 hours, I was pretty OK with just this tattoo.

I've been considering getting Winslow on my other foot, though!
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2008, 18:11 by VisualRhetoricProject »

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #513 on: 22 Jan 2008, 18:21 »

I endorse the Winslow tattoo.

Also, amp on the toe idea sounds awesome. I would love to have a little marshal stack or something, with the speaker cabinet on the toe and the head on the foot proper. I guess that'd hurt too much?

peonyandocean

« Reply #514 on: 22 Jan 2008, 21:02 »

Are f-hole tattoos really THAT pretentious? I've toyed with the idea of getting them when I turn 18, but it's not anything set in stone. I'm bound to change my mind during the coming year, hah.

I second the endorsement on the Winslow tattoo. It'd be pretty amazing.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #515 on: 22 Jan 2008, 21:07 »

It would not be fun.  The needle hit the bone as it is, and that Sir, was not fun.  I did consider getting the amp on the underside of my foot, or on the other foot, but after 4 hours, I was pretty OK with just this tattoo.

I've been considering getting Winslow on my other foot, though!

Idea! Curve the cord so that when you stand with your feet together, it ends up on the other foot. Put the amp there and have Winslow jumping off of it or something! That would be ridiculously cute.

Also I am not a sir, but you're new so we will let it slide this once.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

VisualRhetoricProject

« Reply #516 on: 22 Jan 2008, 21:12 »

DAMN ME.

Can we pretend I meant it in a military sense?  That of respect and revelry? 

I really am thinking of getting something Winslow inspired on my other foot.  You've got a great idea there.  My significant other isn't a big fan of tattoos, though, or piercings, so I think he kinda just accepts the ones I had before we started dating.  We'll see how it all pans out.  If I DO get another tattoo, it'll be something on my foot or

A MOTHER FUCKING DINOSAUR on my ribs.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #517 on: 22 Jan 2008, 21:14 »

That,
Sir,
would reek of badassery
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

öde

« Reply #518 on: 23 Jan 2008, 01:37 »

he sketched it in Kanji and I took my shirt off.

I was going to make a joke but it would be rude seeing as I don't know you!

VisualRhetoricProject

« Reply #519 on: 23 Jan 2008, 06:58 »

It was meant to sound loopy.  =)

SonofZ3

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #520 on: 23 Jan 2008, 13:42 »

I recently got this tattooed on my left upper arm, traveling up onto my shoulder a little bit (minus the characters). It works because I love origami. I'll get a pic up once I get it colored in.
I've gained nothing from Zen.

Lien.

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #521 on: 23 Jan 2008, 15:18 »

It's really interesting to see what people get on their bodies for the rest of their lives :).

I have a cat playing with flowers on my foot...

and I'm getting a "Not vegan" tattoo on my lip any day now, because lip tattoos are pointless, but hilarious! (and they don't last very long)

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #522 on: 23 Jan 2008, 20:06 »

pretty common in the Indy/Emo/Screamo/Bandito scene.

H-h-h-hold everything here. I have a scene? Is it scenic?

VisualRhetoricProject

« Reply #523 on: 23 Jan 2008, 20:10 »

Haha!  When I saw your user name, I knew that would came back to haunt me!  I should have just called it Indyfunklore like I always do.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #524 on: 24 Jan 2008, 03:35 »

No one seems to have acknowledged this yet so I will. This is pretty excellent! I really like it. I do not know if colouring it in would be such a good idea, though. I personally like it in black and white (plus there is all that stuff about how colour doesn't always look like you think it will and is a pain to maintain and blah blah blah).
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

audacity

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #525 on: 24 Jan 2008, 04:37 »

What's everyones take on shoulder wing tattoos? Yea or ney?
For those who aren't sure what I mean:

öde

« Reply #526 on: 24 Jan 2008, 04:39 »

Those aren't very nice.

The origami one is indeed cool!

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #527 on: 24 Jan 2008, 04:42 »

Never really been a fan of wing tattoos. 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #528 on: 24 Jan 2008, 04:45 »

Some wings look alright.
Those are not one of them.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

audacity

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #529 on: 24 Jan 2008, 04:48 »

I don't mean those exact wings, you guys.
I mean wings in general.

öde

« Reply #530 on: 24 Jan 2008, 04:52 »

GIS tells me the all look stupid, I don't really like the concept either.

Joim

« Reply #531 on: 24 Jan 2008, 06:20 »

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b92/soulonfirexx/DSCN0029.jpg

Flamel Cross from Fullmetal Alchemist on the inside of my right forearm. Yes, I know, nerd.

I'd like to get it touched up, there's a couple of spots that need to get a bit cleaner. Also, I think I'd like to fill it in again, there's color missing in some parts. Other than that, I'm really happy with it.

This is a bit old post, but I was surfing the whole thread when I saw it. I've got the same tattoo more or less in the same place! I've had it since I was 17.

Even though it appears in FMA, check the original meaning and so on. Quite interesting history, Flamel's one!

Also, a pic of it in me:

(Yep, it's supposed to be in that angle)

I'm thinking of making myself a new one. Can't decide between an Ouroboros Symbol or a XD in Times New Roman at the back.

ThePQ4

« Reply #532 on: 24 Jan 2008, 08:50 »

Interesting... I love people's nerd tattoos (as I am now a collector of them myself, I guess).

As for wings: Meh. I don't think I would ever get them, unless they were -really- cool. but I'm not OK with someone tattooing my back like that. I'm gonna be weirded enough when I get my Nightcrawler and possibly my Deathly Hallows symbol. I don't like having people people close to me, but I like my artist, so I might be OK with it. We'll see how my Deathly Hallows goes when I get that.

Speaking of my Deathly Hallows, I am thinking something along these lines:

But not excatly, since I don't want to steal someone's design, I found that on Deviant Art, by Beatniksh. I am goign to doodle something up later, I think.
 Placement wise, I am thinking either somewhere on my forearm (near my Dark Mark), or (and this is where i am leaning towards) on my sternum (I am pretty sure that is what that part of the chest is called, I could be wrong.) Thoughts? Comments? Insults?

captain zoe

« Reply #533 on: 24 Jan 2008, 09:33 »

I generally like wing tattoos, though it depends how they looks and how big and whatnot. 

As far as nerd tattoos go, I'm getting the mark of the Deathly Hallows as my next ink.  Woo!

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #534 on: 24 Jan 2008, 12:36 »

Wings are silly. I counsel against.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #535 on: 24 Jan 2008, 12:48 »

SonofZ3, I love your tattoo. But I agree with calenlass, I think it would be better in just black outline. Do you have an idea for color?

Are f-hole tattoos really THAT pretentious? I've toyed with the idea of getting them when I turn 18, but it's not anything set in stone. I'm bound to change my mind during the coming year, hah.

If you're a stringed instrument nerd, I don't really see how they're pretentious. But then again, I'm biased, because I was an orchestra nerd, I like f-hole tattoos, and I want a tattoo that would be in a place that is both easy to show and hide, which most back tattoos are.
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2008, 12:50 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

SonofZ3

« Reply #536 on: 24 Jan 2008, 21:04 »

we were just going to go with white for the sheets of paper and birds and a light blue or green for the wizard's kimono. I'm already flesh colored so I was out on a limb whether or not to do any color on the wizard's skin area. You guys do have a darn good point. The more I look at it in the mirror, the more I think black is good by itself. The way the lines are drawn ect. just doesn't seem to lend itself to color. The appt for coloring it in isn't until next friday, and if i decide not to color it in theres always other work do get done. I bet the tattoo artist wouldn't mind a chnage in plans

thehollow

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #537 on: 24 Jan 2008, 21:59 »

I gotta agree, the black and white looks really good. Color would ruin it.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #538 on: 24 Jan 2008, 22:04 »

You could try coloring it it washable markers or something before. Obviously it wouldn't be exact, but it would certainly give a better idea of what it'd look like with color. Though I've always liked just black tattoos better than colored anyway, but that's just more when the black fades it looks slightly more badass, whereas faded color just looks crappy.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

peonyandocean

« Reply #539 on: 24 Jan 2008, 22:14 »

If you're a stringed instrument nerd, I don't really see how they're pretentious. But then again, I'm biased, because I was an orchestra nerd, I like f-hole tattoos, and I want a tattoo that would be in a place that is both easy to show and hide, which most back tattoos are.

Well...I'm not.
I just really, really like Man Ray's Violin d'Ingres...
Which, I suppose, is has an air of pretentiousness to it.

öde

« Reply #540 on: 25 Jan 2008, 04:29 »

You could try coloring it it washable markers or something before.

Awesome idea for anyone with tattoos.

mooface

« Reply #541 on: 25 Jan 2008, 05:47 »

i don't actually have any tattoos yet but i have a story to tell and i guess this is a good thread to tell it in.

there is going to be a tattoo convention in rome this may and so i've decided that i will go there to get the little prince tattoo that i have been wanting for a pretty long time.  i called up my boyfriend and told him "hey, a tattoo artist i like is going to be here this may so i am going to get that tattoo i wanted!"

however, he thought i was talking about the full back tattoo of a big rearing unicorn with rainbows and puppies in the background that i had been (jokingly) talking about, and he got really excited.  "you should do it!  that would be bad ass!  i will help you pay for it!"

well, i am not going to actually get the unicorn tattoo this may but it made me realize "hey... i could get that tattoo if i really wanted to."
and i probably will.

the end.

öde

« Reply #542 on: 25 Jan 2008, 06:21 »

You have to show us the designsss.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #543 on: 25 Jan 2008, 06:34 »

Well...I'm not.
I just really, really like Man Ray's Violin d'Ingres...
Which, I suppose, is has an air of pretentiousness to it.

Then it is still a good reason, though yes, people might think you're pretentious. But you know surrealist photography, so who cares?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

SonofZ3

« Reply #544 on: 25 Jan 2008, 17:54 »

You could try coloring it it washable markers or something before. Obviously it wouldn't be exact, but it would certainly give a better idea of what it'd look like with color. Though I've always liked just black tattoos better than colored anyway, but that's just more when the black fades it looks slightly more badass, whereas faded color just looks crappy.

That is a damn good idea, and thank you for suggesting it. Thats exactly what I'll do.

reise

« Reply #545 on: 29 Jan 2008, 21:36 »

I have a tattoo, it kind of looks like an anchor. :| Someone who I used to be friends with did it for me, it was a spontaneous type thing and it stands for seeing good through the bad times, nifty.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #546 on: 30 Jan 2008, 15:48 »

Good idea/bad idea?
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #547 on: 30 Jan 2008, 15:51 »

I don't like it at all to be honest. :/
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #548 on: 30 Jan 2008, 15:53 »

Just to clarify, that is not me. It's a friend of mine but I just realized we look pretty similar from the angle of this photo. I can't decide whether she got an awesome tattoo or a really lame one and it's bothering me.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #549 on: 30 Jan 2008, 15:56 »

It would have been awesomer if it would have been the red and white rocket from Tin Tin Goes To The Moon!

Overall, i find it pretty cool :)
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 97   Go Up