THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 01:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 770058 times)

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #1150 on: 28 Jun 2008, 18:58 »

I've already got the dark mark (look a few pages back). I think after my Hallows/Phoenix, I will be done with HP tattoos. For awhile. Some day I might get some spell-lettering done, but that's future work after my X-Men are done.
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2008, 19:03 by ThePQ4 »

ackblom12

« Reply #1151 on: 28 Jun 2008, 19:05 »

Ok, replaced my link with a flickr link. Should work now.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #1152 on: 28 Jun 2008, 19:09 »

I am back from letting a man slice my tongue in twain! We did not have a video camera so no video, but we got several pictures.

Write about it! Did he cauterise that mother?

ackblom12

« Reply #1153 on: 28 Jun 2008, 19:38 »

Well, he clamped both sides of the marking he made, with some rather tight clamps, then used the scalpel to penetrate my tongue from the back and sliced forward to the tip of my tongue. He did not cauterize the tongue, he instead used stitches to keep the bleeding down and speed up the healing. I'll be taking them out over the course of the next week, starting in the back and moving up to the tip.

Right now I have a hard damn time swallowing due to how sore adn swollen my tongue(s) is. I'm kinda just tossing food to the back of my mouth, leaning my head back and hoping my tongue makes enough contractions when i swallow to get it all down. Water usually helps it down, but there's almost always a little water left in my mouth. I'm basically left to eating apple sauce, low sodium soup and ice.

The majority of the healing should be done in the next week or 2. Hopefully swallowing stops hurting before that time. I like being able to swallow food damnit.

Drooling has also become very very common anytime I open my mouth. Well, more common than usual.

öde

« Reply #1154 on: 28 Jun 2008, 20:20 »

Ah right, I've heard some cauterise it to tidy it up, but that sounds good.

ackblom12

« Reply #1155 on: 28 Jun 2008, 20:29 »

I believe the main difference is in how the tongue ends up looking.

With sutures, the split takes a more rounded look and looks much more natural. With cauterization I would think it would leave it a much flatter inner lining.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1156 on: 29 Jun 2008, 01:05 »

Akblom! How long did the whole thing take? I need details! (I am kinda considering this. This or seeing if I could possibly somehow get three tongue piercings)

And RE: your own name on your body: I'd do it. I can understand it. And saying someone won't have those initials forever is beyond silly. Not everyone marrys. Nor does getting married mean you have to disown who you are. Your named is incredibly personal. Why should it not be a tattoo?

Also, man, being hellsa broke is not good for me. I want another tattoo! I want a squid going up my arm. And damnit, I need some cephalopod squirting ink.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1157 on: 29 Jun 2008, 02:40 »

Dear everyone

I need a job with a relaxed dress code

Love Jodie
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

öde

« Reply #1158 on: 29 Jun 2008, 04:05 »

Also, man, being hellsa broke is not good for me. I want another tattoo! I want a squid going up my arm. And damnit, I need some cephalopod squirting ink.

This is awesome! You are awesome!

Change the dress code at your job, Jodie!

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1159 on: 29 Jun 2008, 04:20 »

I want a squid going up my arm.

Emaline, I don't have anything specific against you but I just don't think the two of us are ready for that kind of thing...

Also I'm going to The House of Pain tomorrow to get a quote and maybe make an appointment for my X-Men tatt tomorrow. Wheee!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1160 on: 29 Jun 2008, 04:22 »

giggle jimmy.

Danosaur, we cant have any visible piercings, and the area manager told me to change my hair from its shiney bright pink :(  I don't have that kind of power!
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

öde

« Reply #1161 on: 29 Jun 2008, 04:25 »

That's lame! Ask them if the colour of your eyes are ok, or if they need changing.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #1162 on: 29 Jun 2008, 07:56 »

For a long time I wanted to get an udjat eye on my shoulder, but as I looked into it I found that they were really common.
Then I thought a noose wrapped around my neck and hanging down my back would be cool, but I can't imagine a situation where I WOULDN'T regret that.

Come to think of it though I've got this amazing portrait in my room I found at a thrift store for fifteen bucks, and if I was going to go full out with the tattoo it would look really amazing across my back (I think.):

On a related note, I know a guy who's got his own name tattooed across his ankle.

For the record this painting is by the artist Susan Seddon Boulet, I have probably.. 16 articles of her things around my room(three posters and some calender clippings from her goddess series.) She is by far my favorite fine artist, and I highly recommend you look at the rest of her work, a lot of it is very similar to the above but you might find something you like even more.

Also, to whoever asked, I'm in Rural Nova Scotia, the only place remotely close would be in Halifax and I'm also still under 18 blah blah blah assault blah. Also, I need to find a place that does reliable nipple piercings, it's going to be my 18th birthday present next year, but I want someone who won't fuck with one of my favorite body parts. There are a lot of sketchy piercers around here as far as proper placement.

Also, I'm thinking bars, but what do you guys think? (I think bars look nicer on larger breasts, but I also don't know how they heal)

Also.

Dear Jodie,

Get places pierced that they can't see.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

ackblom12

« Reply #1163 on: 29 Jun 2008, 08:21 »

If your gazongas (that's right, i said it) are decently sized, barbells would be a better option anyways. There will be less chance of movement, which means less chance of irritation. Bras should also be a little more comfortable with bars rather than rings.  Once you do get them good luck, they can be a serious bitch to heal.

I still say that http://iam.bmezine.com/ is going to be your best bet on finding a good artist that will do your tongue and it's entirely possible you might be able to find someone closer, or if not closer, not much further but much much better for your nipples. It's also very possible your going to have to go as to Toronto or NY to get it done. When it comes to something like the split and implants and the like, don't settle due to travel, these aren't exactly the safest of procedures and improper handling of it can have some very serious consequences.

Seriously, this isn't something that most artist take lightly. It might take a little while getting yourself situated into the community before you find anyone who will seriously consider it doing it for you. Just to keep it clear, I'm fairly certain you understand the severity of something like the tongue split, but I'm just trying to drive home that just because someone does splits, doesn't mean they will do one for you unless they're sure of you first.

Also, consider that reversal will never be an option for a split. It can be done, but it's a pretty terrible thing to have done with some pretty bad permanent problems. http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20030410.html

This article is mostly up to date. The only thing it's not up to date on that i can tell is the fact that Tongue Splits are no longer legal in some parts of the US. NYC I know has a ban on them, but I'm not sure where else has bothered to make legislation on such a rare procedure. http://www.alternativelook.net/tongue-splitting/

Also, if anyone is on IAM or joins IAM in the future let me know. I need some buddies.
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2008, 08:41 by ackblom12 »

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #1164 on: 29 Jun 2008, 08:51 »

Well, he clamped both sides of the marking he made, with some rather tight clamps, then used the scalpel to penetrate my tongue from the back and sliced forward to the tip of my tongue.
Actually he started at the tip and cut backwards, you just couldn't feel the difference. 
As for drooling... thats what facial hair is for eh? to catch the drool before your shirt does. 

To add to what Stephen said about joining BME, it really is the best way to find someone.  You have to remember that artists are putting themselves at risk of jail time for many of the 'heavier' modifications.  Some states have decided that you can't consent to some modifications, which makes what they do assault, and some municipalities  have decided that it amounts to medicine (despite the fact it is not intended to diagnose treat cure of prevent any illness or condition), which will get them charged with practicing without a license.  I know that in the county we live in anything that involves a scalpel is considered medicine. 
We've been denied lighter procedures by just calling and asking, because you will get the stock answer of "we don't do that here" 'click'.  It is understandable that they want to know who they are doing this to, and that you understand what you are getting into. 

To add to the name discussion, I was in the shop we goto the other day and the woman who makes appointments was telling me that a girl had come in that day to see if she could get a walk-in appointment to get her name in 3 inch hight letters across her back.  She convinced her to go home and think about it, because really will you always want that?  I could see your initials, or last name for when you do get married.  I took Steve's last name and there were some feelings of losing part of who I had been, but my first name, particularly in a large font, would always just feel like a name tag.  But if that girl went home, thought about it and still wanted it, well more power to her, people should always remember her name. 
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2008, 09:01 by Papersatan »
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1165 on: 29 Jun 2008, 09:11 »

Maybe it's just be but I really think getting your own name tattooed onto you is a little conceited. My opinion could be tainted by the fact that I know a few people who have had it done and they are total cocksnouts but yeah, it doesn't really make me think  much of someone. That said, I guess if you have a really awesome name it could be ok.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1166 on: 29 Jun 2008, 10:27 »

For the record this painting is by the artist Susan Seddon Boulet, I have probably.. 16 articles of her things around my room(three posters and some calender clippings from her goddess series.) She is by far my favorite fine artist, and I highly recommend you look at the rest of her work, a lot of it is very similar to the above but you might find something you like even more.

Thanks! I couldn't read the signature so I'm really glad you told me that.

Maybe it's just be but I really think getting your own name tattooed onto you is a little conceited. My opinion could be tainted by the fact that I know a few people who have had it done and they are total cocksnouts but yeah, it doesn't really make me think  much of someone. That said, I guess if you have a really awesome name it could be ok.
This guy's name was Brian. Plus he used a really boring font (do they call it a font when it's not typed? I dunno.)
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2008, 10:31 by Vendetagainst »
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #1167 on: 29 Jun 2008, 10:49 »

You're welcome Vendetagainst. I love her work so it's no problem.

Also, Ackblom, I'm aware of a lot of the risks which is why I'm waiting on it, I'll probably think about it for a couple more years to decide. I really love the way they look, I'm just not sure how my body would handle the healing for that.

I'm really thinking about the barbells, my only issue is, will it ever 100% heal? I've heard some people having issues even after a few years. I don't mind a wait, but I do want any significant other I have to be able to kiss/tug at them without me having to worry about it getting infected every time. I've seen every 'waiting period' listed from 6-10 weeks to 6months to a year. Things like that.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

ackblom12

« Reply #1168 on: 29 Jun 2008, 11:09 »

They do, but they're in a area that has a lot of ducts and it generates a lot of oil and such, so regular cleaning is something you'll always have to deal with. It's not uncommon to continue getting crusties even years after they've healed.

On that note though, the healing time for them is definitely the 6 months to a year range. They're just hard and slow to heal. If you think you can put up with not being rough with them for that long go for it. Just keep a close eye on them for hypertrophic scarring and rejection.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #1169 on: 29 Jun 2008, 11:19 »

I'm totally alright with crusties as long as I can have some play on them when they eventually heal. It's just that with my conch which is quite well healed now will still take a hissy fit if there's kissing or knocking of it, and I'm just a little concerned my nipples would do the same thing forever. Do you have a reputable waiting time thing for how long it's okay until they're played with a bit?

I'm cool with not being rough, but not touching them for a year or so I'd probably stab myself. Also, is titanium/niobium a better bet than surgical steel for someone who's sensitive? I've heard so many different things..

I really dislike how all the information out there tends to have someone saying the opposite of it.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1170 on: 29 Jun 2008, 11:26 »

I really dislike how all the information out there tends to have someone saying the opposite of it.

The really unfortunate thing is how this statement could describe all knowledge throughout the whole of human history.

ackblom12

« Reply #1171 on: 29 Jun 2008, 11:34 »

honestly, I'd say probably at least 3 or 4 months before anything other than light play. For "self" fun, I'd say as soon as they stop being painfully sensitive you can  start messing with them, just as long as you aren't getting rough with them. If it seems to be getting irritated, just give it some rest and sea salt soaks and it should calm down. Also, if you have something, moisturizing the nipples after a sea salt soak is a very good idea, just don't get any in or on the piercing itself.

Also, titanium is better than Steel in pretty much all cases. I personally use Steel because I'm not particularly sensitive and I'm a cheap sum bitch, but Titanium has next to no nickel in it and it's much lighter, so it's a good way of minimizing problems during healing. Internally Threaded Titanium is what I'd almost always recommend.

Nipples are (pun totally intended) a touch and go healing experience.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1172 on: 29 Jun 2008, 11:48 »

I'd just like to put in that you really really do not want to get infected there. Clean way longer than you think you'd have to, with something gentle. Beyond the normal range of infections, you could get mastitis. And believe me, that hurts like a MOTHERFUCKER.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1173 on: 29 Jun 2008, 16:52 »

Dear Jodie,

Get places pierced that they can't see.

Well considering the only place I actually want to get pierced is my face, that seems a little silly!

ackblom12

« Reply #1174 on: 29 Jun 2008, 21:38 »

*shudder* I remember the first time I saw pictures of a Mastitis infection. Dear god.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1175 on: 30 Jun 2008, 07:00 »

The picture in the bmezine encyclopedia is particularly horrific, but the swelling and heat and unbearable pain they describe are spot-on.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1176 on: 01 Jul 2008, 02:01 »

Guys guys guys! 27th of July. There will be pictures of my new tattoo and I just know you are all hanging out for it!

ackblom12

« Reply #1177 on: 01 Jul 2008, 07:21 »

Just removed the 2nd set of stitches and I'm giving my tongue a couple minutes break before it get's scraped in the back... but I have to share this.

http://modblog.bmezine.com/2008/07/01/atlas-fondled/

I think i just laughed my bladder dry.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1178 on: 01 Jul 2008, 07:57 »

Oh lord that is great.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1179 on: 01 Jul 2008, 08:13 »

Tee hee!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ackblom12

« Reply #1180 on: 04 Jul 2008, 16:55 »

http://modblog.bmezine.com/2008/07/04/set-your-lasers-to-fun/#comments

Scarification of the Instructables robot mascot via laser etching!

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1181 on: 04 Jul 2008, 17:03 »

I read that earlier, and i think if used properly for only small pieces, this is genius. I like the effect that the whole process gave and i'm really interested as to how it's going to heal.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1182 on: 04 Jul 2008, 20:02 »

That's way awesome. I really like it....

But because my mind always goes to what the worst thing that can happen. There are so many things I can think of.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #1183 on: 07 Jul 2008, 12:58 »

I like the idea a lot. Even more than having another person scarify me with a scalpel because how do I know he/she isn't going to fuck it up?
I'm okay with a scalpel but I'd hate doing it myself by hand.
That way I have perfect control over the design and I know that the machine has almost no error tolerance (because it's a friggin' laser and very very precise).
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

ackblom12

« Reply #1184 on: 07 Jul 2008, 16:22 »

Only kinda sorta, you have to remember that part of the importance of having a person do it is that a person can adjust according to the contour of your skin and the huge number of other factors that goes into it. The back of the hand just happens to be a place that it's not a serious issue.

I'll also admit that as kick ass as I think that is, I'm not so sure about how it will actually scar.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1185 on: 07 Jul 2008, 16:48 »

top of the hand--"I must not tell lies"
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1186 on: 14 Jul 2008, 15:35 »

So I'm in the process of somewhat kinda retiring my labret because finding a job where I live is hard enough, never mind trying to do it with piercings.

Anyway, I want to replace it with something else, but I'm not entirely sure what. I don't want to get another obvious facial piercing because that'll go down about as well as my lip ring does. I'm pretty obsessed with labret piercings though, and intend on replacing my regular labret with a vertical labret when I go back to uni.

But as for something new now, I'm a little stuck. I want to get my Septum but I'm not sure if it'll suit me, and I'd definitely need to get my other nostril pierced too, for symmetry. I also wanted to do a microdermal piece down my chest and cleavage, but microdermals are very expensive, and I'd be paranoid about them getting caught. Also, I'm not entirely sure whether there's enough room down there. Anyway, I'm mostly just after ideas for now, I'm not really looking for more ear piercings, because all I want done in my ears that isn't done yet is my tragus'.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

just17n8

« Reply #1187 on: 20 Jul 2008, 14:45 »

con any one tell me an estimate on how much would a full color quarter sleeve (thats the shoulder and upper arm right?) could cost me??... ive always been interested in tattoo... and i do my own artwork... so im pretty focused on getting one soon

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1188 on: 20 Jul 2008, 16:24 »

We can't tell you. It'll vary by geographic location, artist/shop perhaps, whether they charge your per hour or a set rate by difficulty or something. I guess mine cost $280-it's just black outlines- no color, but I did have it made custom. There's still stuff to do too.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1189 on: 20 Jul 2008, 17:20 »

Basically, everything Britney Marie said. It all depends. Your best bet is to go to a tattoo artist and ask them.

The tattoo on my leg cost $350. Including tip. And don't forget to tip!

just17n8

« Reply #1190 on: 20 Jul 2008, 22:06 »

well that gives me somewhere to start... from what you responded i can tell itll go 300 and up...

thank you!

ThePQ4

« Reply #1191 on: 20 Jul 2008, 22:07 »

Yeah --what they said. It depends on the shop (most are charging by the hour). It also depends a lot on where you live too 'cause I think my tattoos have been fairly cheap, because of where I live and get them done, whereas if I lived in another state and was with an other artist, I would probably be paying a LOT more...

Find an artist and ask for an estimate. (And by "find", I mean GO TO. Most (the good ones?) won't do estimates over the phone or e-mail unless you are traveling a long distance to see them).

DorkRawk

• Not quite a lurker
    • Dinosaurs Eat Everybody
« Reply #1192 on: 22 Jul 2008, 12:55 »

Hey, I got this done about a year ago, but I thought I'd share with you guys!

Yes... It's based on the T-Rex from Dinosaur Comics (which is an awesome comic!), but mainly I just liked that generic style dinosaur.  I was always into dinosaurs when I was a kind (and I still think they're pretty cool!), so this tattoo will be a way to keep in touch with my childhood for the rest of my life.
Mount Saint Awesome - a comic about rock and roll and everything else
The American Autumn (my band)
Dinosaurs Eat Everybody

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1193 on: 22 Jul 2008, 13:22 »

you need a house placed underneath his foot

alli

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #1194 on: 22 Jul 2008, 14:03 »

http://www.icelandtattoo.com/page.asp?pageID=11&gallery=19&large=0
this is an illustration of a william blake poem called auguries of innocence 8 sessions, 27 hours
the artists name is Búri
http://www.icelandtattoo.com/page.asp?pageID=11
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2008, 15:52 by alli »

NarwhalSunshine

« Reply #1195 on: 22 Jul 2008, 14:59 »

ThePQ4

« Reply #1196 on: 22 Jul 2008, 15:18 »

That is pretty darn awesome...
(And you might want to resize/link to the pic...it is rather large)

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1197 on: 22 Jul 2008, 16:45 »

you need a house placed underneath his foot

Or a tiny woman. That would be fantastic.
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1198 on: 22 Jul 2008, 16:56 »

Jens, how do I not get it?