THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 755485 times)

NarwhalSunshine

Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #1200 on: 22 Jul 2008, 19:15 »

I think I'm done with tattoos, my artist went to a much worse and dirtier shop that I won't go to.

ackblom12

« Reply #1201 on: 22 Jul 2008, 19:17 »

No other decent tattoo artist exist?  Location problems? Or is it more of a personal relationship dealio?

NarwhalSunshine

« Reply #1202 on: 22 Jul 2008, 20:20 »

No one in the area is any where near as good as he is and he gives me huge discounts, the most I've paid was $60 and that was for my chest piece.

katiejoy

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1203 on: 25 Jul 2008, 11:05 »

The last one is fairly new and the photo quality is awful.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #1204 on: 25 Jul 2008, 11:08 »

I love the calf ones, the fox especially. Are they illustrations from something or original?
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

katiejoy

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1205 on: 25 Jul 2008, 11:50 »

They're my artist's original drawings. They're based off of two Aesop's fables: the fox and the grapes and the crow and the pitcher. The tree/leaf is from a painting by Renee Magritte Variations of it can be found throughout his work but this particular one is from super late in his career. The upper shoulder is an illustration from a children's story called The Little Red Fish by Taeeun Yoo. I also have a semicolon behind my ear, but it sits right behind my glasses and so it didn't get the proper care it deserved and thus needs to be touched up.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1206 on: 25 Jul 2008, 20:55 »

I also really really like those calf ones.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1207 on: 26 Jul 2008, 06:42 »

This is the best photo I could get, without getting the non existant people around me to take a photo for me.

Right on the fucking bone!!! OW!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #1208 on: 26 Jul 2008, 17:42 »

100% Fantastic!

ThisIsOriginal

« Reply #1209 on: 29 Jul 2008, 19:28 »

I always have wanted a tattoo but have yet to figure out what and where it will be.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1210 on: 29 Jul 2008, 19:29 »

Katiejoy, I am in LOVE with your Magritte tree, it's absolutely gorgeous.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

katiejoy

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1211 on: 29 Jul 2008, 19:42 »

thanks! that was my first one and remains my favorite.

ComfortEagle

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #1212 on: 30 Jul 2008, 18:59 »

I got this one in april. My next plan is to get a Minute Men tattoo.

ThisIsOriginal

« Reply #1213 on: 31 Jul 2008, 21:20 »

'm really likin all the tattoos guys/girls but what I'm wondering is, how do you come up with your ideas?

(for ex. my sister's friends boyfriend just got a koi fish on his left shoulder going about half way to his elbow but what i dont understand is how he got the idea)

so, how DO you come up with ideas?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1214 on: 01 Aug 2008, 00:10 »

I am just a huge fan of cephalopods. That's where I got the idea for mine. They are just aamazing creatures. I want to get plenty more, and include some other deep sea creatures as well(whales, mostly). The sea fasinates me, especially the deep. As most of my friends could tell you, I'd rather live under the ocean than on land. Its silly, I know, but its amazingly beautiful. I think its the vastness and the darkness that make me like it so much. I feel the same towards space. Their are just more creatures in the ocean.

I could go on and on, really, about my love of the ocean and cephalopods, but I will spare you.

Basically, my tattoo(and my plans for future ones) stems from the things I feel pretty passionate about.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

monkeybiz

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1215 on: 01 Aug 2008, 06:48 »

There are so many tattoos I'd love to get, but I'm too much of a chicken shit to ever actually do it.

My best friend passed away a few months ago (on my birthday, exactly a month after his, no less), so I've been toying of the idea of getting something for him next March. I can't decide between a musketeer sword (him, myself, and our other two best friends were nicknamed the Musketeers) or the Musketeer cross, wrapped with a ribbon. I'd probably have it done on my right arm, since that's what he was to me.

The other one I'm thinking about would be the chains from the main character in BioShock on my wrists. When I graduated high school, my mom gave me a copy of Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged". It changed my life, and gave me a purpose and direction, and profoundly shaped my beliefs. I've always been a big gamer, and I like to think of it as a way to unite the two. The chains are a reminder that, as Andrew Ryan says, "A man chooses, a slave obeys.". One of the basic premises of Atlas Shrugged is that one man was capable of bringing the world to a halt, simply by choosing not to obey.

The last one I'd want done would be an Autobot symbol on my left shoulder. Growing up, my dad was... distant. Odd and strange as it sounds, I always looked to Optimus Prime as an example of who to be. It's a connection to my childhood, and a reminder of the man I want to be.

However, I'll probably never get any of these.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1216 on: 01 Aug 2008, 07:56 »

When I graduated high school, my mom gave me a copy of Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged". It changed my life, and gave me a purpose and direction, and profoundly shaped my beliefs.

The idea of someone having their life shaped by Ayn Rand scares me a little. My dad attempted to do the same thing to me by sending me The Fountainhead. Admittedly I haven't read Atlas Shrugged so I don't know if it is overtly Objectivist, but given that it was one of her later books I would assume it's pretty steeped in her philosophy.

For those unfamiliar with Objectivism, this image I first saw after someone posted it in the Pointless thread sums things up:

Thlayli

« Reply #1217 on: 01 Aug 2008, 08:17 »

I read Atlas Shrugged in high school too, but I can't say that it shaped my beliefs all by itself. I read it around the same time I got around to read Machiavelli, Nietzsche, and translations of some Buddhist texts. Atlas Shrugged is like The Fountainhead with a bit less plot and a lot more lecturing. Some people learn about objectivism and immediately agree based on their own experiences, others react like they just got splashed with sulfuric acid.

monkeybiz

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1218 on: 01 Aug 2008, 08:52 »

Yeah, Atlas Shrugged is more lecture-y than The Fountainhead. A lot more lecture-y.

Here's a joke for you:
What's the easiest way to get an Objectivist angry?
Tell them that Angelina Jolie is playing Dagny Taggart in the Atlas Shrugged movie.

And admittedly, the tree pic is not far from the truth of core Objectivism, but it doesn't capture some of the nuances either. For example, there's nothing wrong with helping someone, as long as they're willing to help themselves. Everyone trips and falls from time to time. You just have to be willing to get yourself up before you can expect someone else to help you.

Ultimately, it's based on self-determination. You work for you, and no one else. Your priority is your happiness. It sounds selfish, and goes against a lot of what we're taught to believe, but it makes sense. Why is someone else's happiness more important than your own? Why am I my brother's keeper?

It's an interesting way of looking at the world, and can be something of an unspoken bond between people. Casually name dropping John Galt is an easy way of impressing a room full of executives.

ThePQ4

« Reply #1219 on: 01 Aug 2008, 09:00 »

'm really likin all the tattoos guys/girls but what I'm wondering is, how do you come up with your ideas?
(for ex. my sister's friends boyfriend just got a koi fish on his left shoulder going about half way to his elbow but what i dont understand is how he got the idea)
so, how DO you come up with ideas?

As you can tell, it's mostly about what you like. I like comic books and reading --so I've got, and have plans for comic and book related tattoos.
Although, I am kind of playing with the idea of getting a demon/imp from the Munchkin Bites game, just because they things are so damn cute...
A common misconception though, is that tattoos have to mean something. There are thousands of people who get tattoos just for the hell of it. (Mind you, most of them are inebriated at the time, or have a lot of tattoos already...)

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #1220 on: 01 Aug 2008, 10:11 »

Objectivism is a terrible philosophy, Ayn Rand was a horrible writer, and Atlus Shrugged is over a thousand pages of absolute drudgery.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1221 on: 01 Aug 2008, 10:24 »

I read Atlas Shrugged in high school too, but I can't say that it shaped my beliefs all by itself. I read it around the same time I got around to read... Nietzsche...

There's my view of Objectivism in a nutshell. Objectivism is what you get when someone who is a bit too self-centered gets a hold of some good ideas (Neitzsche's in particular) and carries them to a toxic extreme.

This is all way off-topic though, and I apologize for brining it up.

monkeybiz

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1222 on: 01 Aug 2008, 11:36 »

Yeah, she's a little long winded. I'm still wondering how they're going to translate a 45 page radio address to the big screen.

And every time I see "Angelina Jolie as Dagny Taggart", I die a little inside.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1223 on: 01 Aug 2008, 12:43 »

Man, if we're just gonna talk about the books we hate...
-anything by Abbie Hoffman
-Anarchist Cookbook
-derivatives of either of the above
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #1224 on: 01 Aug 2008, 14:41 »

So Tattoos, huh.

I was thinking of getting one at some point in the next few months. How much would you be willing to pay me for me to get Ultimate Dicksucker tattooed in block 20pt capitals on my arm? Probably not enough.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1225 on: 01 Aug 2008, 15:23 »

Let's turn that question around. How much would you need to be paid in order to do that?

Thlayli

« Reply #1226 on: 01 Aug 2008, 15:29 »

I don't know. That's not the sort of title you can just give yourself; you have to really earn it.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #1227 on: 01 Aug 2008, 17:38 »

Just get an 'ultimate dicksucker' sweatshirt.  I hear those are pretty popular.
Make sure to practice

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #1228 on: 01 Aug 2008, 17:44 »

Yeah, I hear Taylor's set quite the standard in this category.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1229 on: 01 Aug 2008, 20:47 »

I will find the best brownie recipe ever, and bake them for you, and send you brownies, if you get that tattoo.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #1230 on: 02 Aug 2008, 05:09 »

Let's turn that question around. How much would you need to be paid in order to do that?

4000 gold doubloons.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1231 on: 06 Aug 2008, 23:10 »

So....um...hey guys. I was kinda thinking about getting a piercing. It looks really pretty, and is really nice and simple looking, and I look that. But it is hard to heal, and is um... in a bad spot....

I kinda want a christina piercing.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1232 on: 06 Aug 2008, 23:26 »

I cannot imagine that being a pleasant process, but as long as you take good care of it and like having it I don't see any reason why you wouldn't get one.
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1233 on: 06 Aug 2008, 23:55 »

I would like my avatar tattooed on my butt.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1234 on: 07 Aug 2008, 01:04 »

The more I look at it the more I love my X-Men tattoo. And the more I love it the more I want to get a matching on my other shoulder.

Thoughts?
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1235 on: 07 Aug 2008, 04:13 »

Jordan, I also want you to get your avatar tatooed on your butt. Hawt.
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

ThePQ4

« Reply #1236 on: 07 Aug 2008, 09:49 »

The more I look at it the more I love my X-Men tattoo. And the more I love it the more I want to get a matching on my other shoulder.

Thoughts?

That would be totally awesome. Symmetrical tattoos are v. cool (even though I don't think I'd ever do that).

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1237 on: 07 Aug 2008, 11:22 »

Squiddy, I say get it. It'll look hella sweet.

Although I do like asymmetrical things. So it might be fun to leave it as is.

I have decided that I am gonna get a christina. It looks awesome, and damn it, I want it. Now I have to actually find a piercer to do it. Last time I checked, my piercer doesn't do surface piercings, and this is generally considered such. However, I am thinking that because of my...um...anatomy, he might be able to do it. I would go into better detail of why he may be able to do it, but I'm kinda uncomfortable talking about my labia that much on the interwebz. But if he can't there is a sex shop/piercing and tattooing place in St. Louis that I love that shouldn't have a problem doing it.

Would it look weird/be too trashy if I got my cristina and got my nipples pierced as well? Or would it be way awesome because of the triangle it'll create? I am leaning towards the later, but I don't want to be overly trashy. =/

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1238 on: 07 Aug 2008, 11:34 »

Latter latter latter. I love the Christina. It might be a little cooler if you get diagonal nipples though. In fact that would be totally sweet.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

famous

« Reply #1239 on: 07 Aug 2008, 12:16 »

I remember reading that the christina piercing is tricky because if it's off at all you can lose all feeling down there, or something? Is that right?

öde

« Reply #1240 on: 07 Aug 2008, 12:20 »

I haven't heard anything to prove that you can lose feeling either gradually or quickly, but you go to professionals for a good reason (that reason is so you don't have someone that doesn't really know what they're doing jamming bits of metal through your flesh).
« Last Edit: 07 Aug 2008, 12:22 by öde »

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1241 on: 07 Aug 2008, 12:39 »

I don't really see how the Christina can do that because it's only a surface piercing. I mean... I've only heard of actual clit piercings and the Isabella having a risk of nerve damage or loss of sensation.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1242 on: 07 Aug 2008, 21:42 »

I am just basically repeating Gemmwah here but, I don't really see how it could affect anything at all really. I mean, it's just a surface piercing. It wouldn't have a whole lot to do with my clit. It's not a "sexual" piercing. It doesn't enhance the experience or anything. It just looks pretty.

But yeah, (repeating Anyways here), I'd be going to a professional, no doubt. Even if I was getting my ears pierced, I'd be going to a professional. Like I mentioned previously, I'd either be going to my piercer, who I have gone to for all my piercings, and for advice about different body mod things. He has helped me with stretching my ears, and is just super awesome. But I am not sure  if he does surface piercings, so if not, I would probably go to a place in St. Louis. Either this one sex shop/piercing place(where I had my tongue done years ago. Also very clean and professional. I know those people well, as well, and they are pretty awesome. The owner is the guy who started Zombie Squad!). Or I'd go to Iron Age, which is a place my piercer often refers me to when I have odd requests.

So, yeah. Of course, I'd be going to a professional! Anybody who doesn't is a fool. You can't pierce anything with a kit you bought at Wal-Mart.(And yes, sadly, you can buy ear piercing kits there)

ThePQ4

« Reply #1243 on: 07 Aug 2008, 22:33 »

I dunno...pretty is not really the first thing that pops into my head when I see that kind of piercing (and it's not just because its female genitalia...I don't like piercings on penises either).
Gives me the heebie jeebies...

Although all the piercing talk, in general, makes me want to quit my job so I can get all of the piercings I want --nose, eyebrow, maybe even my lip...but alas, it is against company policy to have visible facial piercings.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1244 on: 07 Aug 2008, 22:47 »

Pretty is a matter of opinion. And as of right now, all the people who would see this piercing, excluding the piercer, all have agreed that it would be quite pretty.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #1245 on: 08 Aug 2008, 00:02 »

When I first saw the labia piercing picture on wiki I thought it was all one big ring and was all "aw man, that would be worse than a bra strap when it came down to it"

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1246 on: 08 Aug 2008, 01:11 »

I think I will probably get the other X at some point. Maybe after I come back from Boston because I need to be saving. However I'm also beginning designs on my dead tree tattoo that I want to get on my right arm (bicep? upper arm anyway) but drawing dead trees is pretty fucking difficult given that I am not much of an artist. Once I can get a design I like I will show you guys. If anyone is wondering, I am thinking something along the lines of the tree from Carnivale.

But I also like this one

Also Emaline, if you want to get the Christina piercing then I say go for it. Personally I don't like surface piercings much but then I'm not going to be looking at it so it doesn't matter what I think. The nipple piercings are probably a rad idea too.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1247 on: 08 Aug 2008, 01:45 »

I agree with Jimminy, get it and the nipples (Diagonally, like Gem said), it would be rockin.

I finally saw the (STILL unfinished) design for my tattoo on the weekend.  It is pretty much great.  I want it so badly.  It has been like a year since he started designing it!  Brothers are dumb.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1248 on: 09 Aug 2008, 12:09 »

I think that it's fair to defend a state by referring to their outstanding contribution to culture.

My only point is that I don't think Texas sucks.

Oh come on, Tommy, Texas? Really? You can do so much better than that place.

So as not to derail this thread I think that a tattoo of maki sushi would be really sweet.

nobo

« Reply #1249 on: 10 Aug 2008, 08:10 »

In advance, sorry for the huge image sizes.

I have 2 tats.

Here is a little background on them. My middle name is/was my grandfather's first name. He was born in 1931, and was only 8 years old when the Nazis invaded Poland. He had to spend 6 years working on a Polish farm for a German family. He never went back to school after the war (3rd grade education). He went on to become one of the most respected professors/instructors at the Wyzsza Szkola Morska (Gdynia Maritime Academy).

He was also First Mate on that ship Dar Pomorza (Gift from the Sea), and he went all over the world. The man was 6 ft, 8 inches tall and I always looked up to him, both literally and figuratively. My family left Poland in 1988, and the last time I saw him was around 1991 when he came to visit Chicago.

This is him when he was 41.

Long story short, it took cancer seven years to kill him. I did not get my passport in time to see him before he went, in fact, I didn't even make it to the funeral. I got my citizenship and passport just 2 weeks after he passed. It is now 7 years after the fact.

So here it is,

The anchor is very similiar to the one that can be found on my grandfather's tombstone. This piece took an hour to do, and it was not very painful at all. it felt like my skin was being pinched at times, and at other times it felt like a rough massage. The tattoo is actually centered on my arm i just had to be in an awkward pose to actually take the picture.

Here is my other one, its the Polish Coat of Arms.

Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 97   Go Up