THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 755601 times)

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #1300 on: 12 Aug 2008, 21:11 »

Augh! That is so gross!
No comment on the black part, I have been yelled at enough today. If I say anything I fear the repercussions.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1301 on: 12 Aug 2008, 21:13 »

Probably shouldn't have said anything about it in the first place. Now everyone thinks you're harbouring racist thoughts. You fuckwit.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Leinad

« Reply #1302 on: 12 Aug 2008, 21:22 »

Goddammit. All I was gonna say is that White girls around here are far bitchier, but by this point either comment is going to kill me. Dammit.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1303 on: 12 Aug 2008, 21:25 »

:roll:

Dude, I recommend that if anyone replies to your comments you just stop talking, you've already started digging yourself into a hole.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Leinad

« Reply #1304 on: 12 Aug 2008, 21:27 »

Yeah, I am not gonna say a damn thing right now...

mooface

« Reply #1305 on: 12 Aug 2008, 22:44 »

honestly i thought it was weird that he mentioned that one girl was black in the first place.

but let's not turn this into another thread about racism, pls. pms if necessary!

edit:  on topicness... normz, i second that the mantra going down your side could look good.  otherwise, maybe on your ribs/chest area?  it would be painful but with the right placement it could look cool...
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 22:48 by mooface »

Leinad

« Reply #1306 on: 12 Aug 2008, 22:45 »

I think the current thread is

<<<< needs to stop talking.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1307 on: 12 Aug 2008, 23:24 »

Yeah. Just please stop talking already. Just take some time out, and stop making that hole you're digging deeper.

Normz, I vote that you either get it on the top of your chest, or the top of your back.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

ellemnop

« Reply #1308 on: 12 Aug 2008, 23:26 »

so... piercings and tattoos! its insane how we pay people money to punch holes in our skin and put ink underneath it...

also i have my nose and my bellybutton (navel is it?) done too and i think neither of them hurt one little bit!

Runner4406pack

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #1309 on: 13 Aug 2008, 00:01 »

I shall be getting these done next month one more time, I'm a huge fan of surface bars I just wish my skin wouldn't reject them!

P.S. This was 1 1/2 years ago and I don't know who let me look like that!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1310 on: 13 Aug 2008, 06:50 »

where the hell is left on my body to put it??? 

Upper chest would be very hot, but I don't know if that's discreet enough for you. Knowing you, you probably wear some very low cut tops to work.

ifoundmystar

• Not quite a lurker
  • Oh, I was surprised to see you there!
    • Girl, whats yo MySpace?
« Reply #1311 on: 13 Aug 2008, 08:02 »

on my back, but photoshopped

not photoshopped

my bettie page tattoo

i do hair, son.

the unfinished guitar. probably wont be done till i get the sleeves done.

butterfly

oh, coheed. got this one back in '04
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2008, 08:04 by ifoundmystar »

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #1312 on: 13 Aug 2008, 08:07 »

So recently I have come to the conclusion that I am very broke and most likely will be for the next while. However, I am desperate to continue with my ear project(Keep in mind it's a good 70+ for anything cartilage here within the next three hours unless I want ear guns D: ). I have been reading a lot about DIY cartilage piercings being relatively easy, I really just want to get my top holes done so when I need anything more complex done they'll be mostly healed so the piercer won't have to worry about making them upset. Thoughts?
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

ifoundmystar

• Not quite a lurker
  • Oh, I was surprised to see you there!
    • Girl, whats yo MySpace?
« Reply #1313 on: 13 Aug 2008, 08:12 »

So recently I have come to the conclusion that I am very broke and most likely will be for the next while. However, I am desperate to continue with my ear project(Keep in mind it's a good 70+ for anything cartilage here within the next three hours unless I want ear guns D: ). I have been reading a lot about DIY cartilage piercings being relatively easy, I really just want to get my top holes done so when I need anything more complex done they'll be mostly healed so the piercer won't have to worry about making them upset. Thoughts?

Assuming you don't want the ear guns, you would use a hollow needle (probably a 14 gauge). But as a former apprentice and a good friend to a piercer, it's probably a better idea to just wait it out. Unless you're hell bent on doing it. And if that's the case, just remember to be sanitary about it. Use alcohol, not peroxide. The IY piercings are pretty easy. I've done 3 of my cartilage piercings, but that was just with the piercing earrings. So, good luck with whatever you decide.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1314 on: 13 Aug 2008, 08:53 »

Ugh, I've just been informed that my girlfriend wants to get a monroe piercing next week. I fucking hate those things, which I have made myself clear on, and now I'm all kinds of weird because I don't want to stop her from doing what she wants but I also don't want her to have a really fucking obnoxious piercing. Damnit!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1315 on: 13 Aug 2008, 08:56 »

Try and convince her to get a medusa instead, they look so much better.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #1316 on: 13 Aug 2008, 10:36 »

Well, why does she -want- it? I mean, if she has a good reasons for wanting one (which, I don't know if there is a good reason for wanting a monroe...), then just try and shrug it off. But, if she does get it w/out a good reason, I would take that to mean that you can do something that she's going to find really obnoxious that you've always wanted to do and she can't say anything about it...

Or at least, that's how it would work in my world. I dunno.

Normz (was it Normz? It was so long ago that I read it between all of the drama...), that mantra would look really cool between you shoulder blades, I think.

Katherine

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #1317 on: 13 Aug 2008, 10:58 »

Norms, I think that tattoo would look nice wrapped around one side of your rib cage.  Start it underneath your breastbone and wrap it diagonally across the bottom of the rib cage, in line with your natural curve.  Then, you could show it off in a bikini if you so desired, but it would be hidden at work.  Plus, should you ever want to have children, that area should be high enough to not suffer from stretch marks or the like.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1318 on: 13 Aug 2008, 11:54 »

My nipples hurt like hell. It was great though. I love my piercer. The worse part, like always, was the clamps. The first one wasn't terrible, but he couldn't grip my nipple right. It killed me.

When the needles went through, I wimpered, I admit. It hurt, but to be honest, I've been biten there and it hurt worse. It was probably my most painful piercing though. I stiffened up when he put the needles through, and when he put the barbells through. 

Horizontal, vertical or diagonal?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1319 on: 13 Aug 2008, 14:05 »

They are slightly diagonal. Not a super sharp angle. But not exactly horizontal. If I could post a picture, I probably would, because they look so awesome! I'm quite in love with them.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1320 on: 13 Aug 2008, 18:38 »

So I was sitting and chatting with a friend, and the subjects of his bike (in poor poor shape on account of being used and left outside through the winter) and my pickles (not too great, due to my haphazard assembly of such), and he says 'Well, I've got no remorse, but I'd like if it was a bit better'.
I thought this would be a great tattoo, in 12 point font, across my back.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1321 on: 13 Aug 2008, 18:41 »

Yes.

Do it now.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1322 on: 13 Aug 2008, 20:36 »

Try and convince her to get a medusa instead, they look so much better.

Yeah maybe, I like those a lot better.

Well, why does she -want- it? I mean, if she has a good reasons for wanting one (which, I don't know if there is a good reason for wanting a monroe...), then just try and shrug it off. But, if she does get it w/out a good reason, I would take that to mean that you can do something that she's going to find really obnoxious that you've always wanted to do and she can't say anything about it...

Or at least, that's how it would work in my world. I dunno.

I'm pretty sure she wants it because she thinks they look cool. Also I'm pretty sure I'm not so petty as to get something that she wouldn't like in retaliation of her doing what she wants to with her own body. But more than that there really aren't any other piercings I want. I might get my ear lobes done but honestly the only things that I have in mind for the next few months/next year is my other X-Men tatt and the dead tree tatt that I'm working on.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1323 on: 13 Aug 2008, 22:23 »

Jimmy, I say talk to her about it. I mean, if it is going to bother you a whole lot, then just say something. I mean a "Hey, I don't really like that piercing. I think it'd be cool if you got this one" isn't so bad. But yeah, in the end, it is her body, and she'll do what she wants with it.

I must say however, that my "boyfriend" person told me that all the piercings I have would look silly, and has advised against all of them. But I'm a bit of an asshole, and I tend to go against the advice people give me(like when I asked my friends if I should shave my head). But after getting each piercing, and showing him the results, he is actually pretty pleased with them.  He's complimented them a lot, and always seems to notice when I change my jewelry. So maybe you'll change your mind once you see it.

I realize that I just got my nipples done yesterday, but today at work we were talking about tattoos, and god damn it. I want my squid. I have it all planned out. It'll look sweet as fuck.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1324 on: 14 Aug 2008, 04:22 »

Emaline, when I bought my octopus shirt I thought of you.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1325 on: 14 Aug 2008, 06:44 »

I am insanely jealous of you because of that shirt! It is sweet as hell. Where'd you get it?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1326 on: 14 Aug 2008, 21:52 »

http://www.shanalogic.com/

I also ordered the 'two gentlemen and an octopus shirt' but they ended up refunding me because it was out of stock :(  So sad, it was awesome.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1327 on: 14 Aug 2008, 22:06 »

i don't know if there is a good reason for wanting a monroe

is there ever a "good reason" for wanting a piercing? it's just a piercing. you get piercings when you want them. maybe some people have different views on this; i've had tons of different piercings at various points for no reason other than that i felt like getting them done at the time - although i don't see what business it is of anyone else's in the first place. you change your hairstyle, your hair colour, your makeup, your clothing and so on any time you want to look a certain way. piercings are the exact same thing to me, and if i ever got tattoos it would probably be for the same reason as well. everyone cares about their appearance and it manifests in different ways for different people. i'm open to people doing whatever for any reason they want but i can't really do anything but find it ridiculously silly the instant i'm told that having a needle shoved into my skin needs to be an immensely important and meaningful experience, because frankly to me it isn't - it just is what it is.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1328 on: 14 Aug 2008, 23:50 »

http://www.shanalogic.com/

I also ordered the 'two gentlemen and an octopus shirt' but they ended up refunding me because it was out of stock :(  So sad, it was awesome.

Oh my god. Thank you soo much for showing me this website! There is some awesomely cute stuff here. While it is true I love cephalopods, it is als very true that I love pretty much every sea creature, including manatees! I think I found where I will spend my next paycheck hahaha

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1329 on: 15 Aug 2008, 03:13 »

I stretched my ear up from a 3.2mm to a 4mm last night and the spiral went in ridiculously easy. It's a black acrylic spiral and apparently I cannot take good pictures of it because my camera is a piece of shit so I will try later.

Okay it's later.

Sweeeet.
I don't really want to stretch it any more for a couple months but I get the feeling that the spiral is just gonna start slipping out in a few days. I went up to 3.2mm only 5 days before I went up to 4mm, and I really can't even feel it stretching.
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2008, 08:32 by Gemmwah »

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #1330 on: 20 Aug 2008, 03:24 »

At that kinda size it doesn't really matter provided you leave it for a week or two (ideally a month) to heal but once you go bigger you've really got to slow down.
When you increase jewellery size it's not so much how much the diameter has change e.g. 3.2 to 4mm but rather how much the circumference has changed.
For example a change of 3.2 to 4 mm is 10.05 to 12.56mm circumference where as 8mm to 10mm is 25.12 to 31.4mm, nearly half a cm bigger.
Brutal no?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1331 on: 20 Aug 2008, 07:03 »

I know all that for sure, I've stretched that ear before, which why it's going to quickly, I'm literally just buying jewellery to fit the hole because it keeps getting baggy. It'll slow down eventually but I really don't want to push it so I'm trying to keep this spiral in for as long as I can before I'm forced to change it. Stupid stretchy ears.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #1332 on: 22 Aug 2008, 23:05 »

Given I'm getting another tattoo today, it got me thinking about what I want after that, so thought I'd pitch in as well as asking for advice. It's mainly if anybody knows some good art resources, since my artist friends don't love me enough to ever help me work out a design. I can shop and chop images together with a pretty decent amount of success, but since now I'm looking towards getting some sleeves done it's not the kind of stuff I can mash GIS results together for, which is different to the work I've already had done. The ideas are to have a central image on my underarm, something additional to wrap around the arm for the actual sleeve, then there would be a break for some words too (quotes / song lyrics, not decided yet). If it helps, I'm looking for;

An angel-type lady (preferably not all HEY I AM A PICTURE OF GIANT BOOBS). She'd be on my left arm surrounded by some kind of water / wave background or so. Maybe semi-submerged. The other arm would be a devi, with fire, but pretty much the same.

Also if this sounds like the most hilariously ridiculous thing you've ever heard, shout up!

And here is my existing ink. I saw somebody linked in a triforce emblem like way near the start of the thread, and it's the same one I used, though I opted for no colour:

It's an early picture, it's since been touched up slightly since the original artist wasn't exactly great, you can see the patching and fading on it there and, this being my third, I'm not dumb enough to have been picking or peeling. Also the tattoo above it is the Nine Inch Nails logo which you can see here. The idea there was basically music and video games are massive factors in my life, and said graphics represent the band / games I love the most.

There is also a default "I got this because I think it looks sweet" thing on my other arm:

But yeah. Anybody who has any ideas on my search for ink, would appreciate the assist!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1333 on: 22 Aug 2008, 23:15 »

I say just talk to your artist.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1334 on: 23 Aug 2008, 06:56 »

Getting the NIN logo was a pretty big thing for me, since it was a lot like "Shit if I hate this band in two years I might have to cut my arm off or something?" but I'm pretty confident in my tastes and I haven't ever gone off a band in my life. It's still a bit, dunno, it's a label which will always be the first thing people judge you by, even moreso than having tattoos in the first place.

I figure if you love the band the worst that can happen people will see the work and be like "Oh wow you like <x>! Me too!" and good times will be had by all?

Spoke to my artist this morning too, but he was just like "wow yeah that sounds like it'd be cool". My problem is that in Blackpool most of the 'artists' here only do stock work, it's a tourist town and most of the business comes from holidaymakers getting retarded tattoos to remember their drunken weekend or whatever. There's a few really good artists but it's near impossible to get hold of them.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1335 on: 23 Aug 2008, 09:06 »

No offence or anything, but I wouldn't get work done by anybody who I wasn't 100% confident with. And it sounds like you aren't too confident with thoses artists, saying the mostly just do flash.

Find an artist who can do custom work. Don't shop around for the cheapest artist. Shop around for the best quality.

On the subject of band tattoos: a long time ago, I wanted to  get a band tattoo. Thank god that by the time I was older enough to get one, I hated the band, and did not get one.

For awhile, I wanted to get the Saddle Creek logo because I loved a lot of bands on there, and had made quite a few friends on their forums, who I still talk to years after leaving the forums. One I even lived with for awhile. So obviously, saddle creek has made some impact on my life. I still absolutely love the band Cursive. Even after years of listening to their albums on repeat, I absolutely still absolutely love them.

Anyway, at one point in time, the Saddle Creek Web Board moved, and became the scwb, and slowly the squib. One of the logos, drawn up by a forum member, was a MS Paint Octopus, with the slogan, "Deeper Then The Ocean." Thinking about it now, it'd be pretty sweet to get a tattoo of a slightly aloof looking octopus, with cursive writing near it saying "deeper than the ocean". And it'd fit in with my theme. But still...

(Ps, sorry for babbling. I just woke up)

Adlan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #1336 on: 27 Aug 2008, 09:13 »

I've Just spent all last night and this morning reading this thread. There are some Awesome Tattoo's and Piercings, Dam, I'd of joined QC forums earlier if I knew there were so many cute Americanesses online. Some of the blokes tats and piercings are well cute too, but I don't swing that was, and I can't marry them for a green card  :wink:

I got my First Tattoo on Friday last week, It's a Wild Boar, Based on an early Celtic/Pictish Carving.

I'm an Archer, and Last year I was Sponsored to go Bowhunting in Texas. I had a Blast, and my First Big Game Kill was a Wild Boar, so thats the motivation behind the design. I first had the idea of a hunting tattoo implanted about 8 months before I went on the trip, and when I cam back, I looked for designs.

I was Intially gonna get it done in plain black (the original image has typical celtic spiral work defining the muscles), which would of been cool, but I went and talked to every tattoo shop in Norwich (Local City), and talked to them about the design. Of the four I went too, all were clean and sanitary, which was good. At Custom Art, while the Lady/Bloke running it was very nice, and did lovely art work, she was a bit pushy about discussing the design without me getting an appointment to get tattooed. The Two Big ones in Norwich, Styx and Indigo, were alright, and I'd of been perfectly happy to get tattooed there. But the One right down the road from my parents house, http://www.sithtattoo.co.uk/, the first time I went into, I was all nervous about the reality of getting a tattoo, and so asked lots of questions about, spreading, fading, removal, and coverups. Sith's lovely receptionist told me that if I was that worried, I shouldn't get a tattoo.

I think that is one of the best recommendations for a Tattoo shop.

Second time I went in, I got to talk to Rytch, the shops owner and Main Tattoo Artist (he has an Apprentice, Trud, and a New Guy, Chit), I explained the Tattoo, and why I was getting it, and He was brilliant, He took the design, and came up with a brilliant Idea, namely doing it as a Cave Painting. Initially I was a bit reluctant, but the more I thought About the idea, the More I came round to it, it fits so perfectly with the concept and idea behind the design.

I got Booked in, and had a Long wait. But, my best mate, wanted to get a tattoo as well, so he got booked in as well.

On Friday, we pampled along to the shop, and I was getting tattooed before I really knew what was going on :D My mate was gonna get tattooed after me, but the other artist had a cancellation (Some one bought their sister a surprise Tattoo for their birthday, first the sister heard about it, was when she walked upto the door. She didn't want a Tattoo), so we got to shed blood together :D.

I have recently found I am a bit of a Masochist, I've cycled down to my mates house in Cambridge 3 times now, and I absolutely loved getting my tattoo done, my biggest problem was craning my head round and looking too close to the tattoo gun, getting in Rytch's way. The Endorphins were Kick Arse.

So, enough of me rambling (more of that later) Here's piccies:

Here is the transfer design and positioning, on my bow arm it looks so good. Please Excuse the Scrawney git behind the tattoo. I'm really glad I went to a professional, I didn't realise about the importance of correct placement, but he has got it exactly over my deltiod muscle, it's awesome.

The Black Lining looks great, and works really well with the design, and will be part of the main shading, rather than an outline.

The Black Shading is great, working from the lines, it'll be all the shading beneath the colour, and looks awesome. I really love the tusk.

The Brown is something I love as well. It looks really good to me, watching it done was amazing, fascinating, and I need to have my next one where I can look even closer.

The Finished tattoo, with a palette of 3 colour's, Black Brown and Red. When healed, the colours will be a little more subdued, but it is utterly awesome and I love it. Only problem is right now, it's healing, and is flaking and itchy as hell.

What do you think?

I had a really great experiance with my first tattoo, I was high for about 36 hours off the tattoo, and now I'm hooked. I plan to get a new tattoo every time I kill a new species, and I'll continue the Cave painting style. It'd be Awesome to have a Half Sleeve Shoulder and Right Chest covered in Wild Boar, Deer of all Kinds (Whitetail, Roe, Red, Fallow, Elk, Muntjac, Chinese Water Deer), Moose, Bision, Bear, Cougar and some African Big Game (though for Bear, I've considered going for just a Paw). Of Course, this would be a sleeve built up very slowly, as I'd only get each one after sucessfully bowhunting it.

I've also started to consider a sleeve, I like the Look of Japanese Dragons, but other than them looking cool, I have no connection to them. An Idea that Sprang to mind would be the Classic Western Dragon, done as a sleeve. Maybe even have Smaug, with Bard as the sleeve. Bard Just about to Fire the last Arrow would be pretty cool, Give him a Proper Warbow and make everything dandy. mMy Artist is also really good at Biomechanical stuff, and it looks really good, Maybe if after I run my First marathon or Complete an Iron Man, I might get a Knee Joint done.

If I ever have kids, maybe a Red hand, another prehistoric design, where the artist took a mouth full of red paint, and sprayed it over his hand, leaving a negative image, of theirs would be nice.

When it comes to other Body Mods, I really dig chicks with Tat's and Piercings but I'm not so sure about getting piercings myself, If I was gonna, then I'd do my Nose or my Ears. I once considered my eyebrow, because my now ex-Gf thought it would be Hot, but I'm now glad I didn't get it. Maybe someday in the furture I'll get a Verticle Bar, but at the moment, I like doing rough physical activities too much too get a piercing I couldn't remove (plus, I wanna get professional jobs, and though I hate the prejudice, I'm not gonna miss out because of it). A Horizontal Bar (I think It's called a Scaffold or Industrial?) in my ear would be quite cool. I'd just worry about it getting infected so much if it wasn't in a place where it would heal over permenantly. My Mum, who is quite a conservative person, and dead against tattoo's (she dosn't know about mine) and most body mods, surprised me one day when she said she had almost got her nose peirced, and would let my little sister (who is 16) get her nose pierced, if she really wanted (and got her ears pierced first). She was in India, and all the People she stayed with said it was a shame to have such a pretty nose and not have it pierced.

When it comes to Scarification/Branding, I really quite like the idea. What Got me from thinking about the design I'd like for a Tattoo, if I ever got one, too thinking about where and when I was getting the design I liked, was a Burn, from when I was cooking pizza's, it's just an inch long on my right thumb, but I really like it. I really do. My Best friend (the one who got tattooed with me) has a Smiley Face Scar on his Arm, from when his sister decided to put out a ciggarette on his arm. He then put out another because he was drunk, and then did the whole face.

I had to Bandage it a few times, and disinfect it once or twice, and As Scarification goes, I don't think it looks good, but he likes it, and it suits him, which is what makes it cool.  When it comes to what I'd get, maybe an arrow head, something simple, about something I love.

Implants and such are less appealing to me, while I think they are cool, I would never get something like that. I'd worry about what would happen if something went wrong, and again, I like doing to many rough and tumble things where they might be a liability.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #1337 on: 27 Aug 2008, 09:40 »

I like your boar, but I wish that it's um.. hair/mane thing wasn't so straight up and uniform, I think it would have looked better if they were slightly slanted to the left and a little separated from the main body.

But I think it's really lovely~
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Adlan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #1338 on: 27 Aug 2008, 10:14 »

I like your boar, but I wish that it's um.. hair/mane thing wasn't so straight up and uniform, I think it would have looked better if they were slightly slanted to the left and a little separated from the main body.

But I think it's really lovely~

Hmmm, maybe so on the left slanting, but the straight up is from the original carving, and on Wild Boar, the verticality of their ridges varies, some have none, some have it slanting forwards (which would be too the right), and some have it slanting backwards, and some have it vertical, so if it's from a realism, rather than just an asthetic point of view, then it works.

I don't think seperating the ridge from the body would work though, it'd clash with the rest of the body, where all the parts are joined.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1339 on: 27 Aug 2008, 11:49 »

You have some of the strangest capitalization habits I've ever seen...
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.
« Reply #1340 on: 27 Aug 2008, 14:36 »

If I didn't care about never being able to get a real job again, I would get " POOR IMPULSE CONTROL" on my forehead like in Snow Crash. I still want a cutaway sort of thing that shows some gears over my heart.
Not so sure about these things anymore.

Adlan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #1341 on: 27 Aug 2008, 15:58 »

You have some of the strangest capitalization habits I've ever seen...

I do apologise for that, It happens to me both typing and hand writing, and is completely unconcious, I try and stay on top of it, but on long posts, it would literally take me hours to check it, as I have to read it backwards to find them. Confused the hell out of my Dyslexia testers, because it happens to both words I internally emphasize and words at random.

By the way, Drill King, I forgot to thank you for the complement, sorry, and thank you.

Redglasscurls, wouldn't it be odd to have random capital and lowercase letters tattooed on your arse (not ass, I think the RSPCA would come and prosecute you).

Adlan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #1342 on: 27 Aug 2008, 16:13 »

I'm pretty sure I didn't intend it to be a threat or an insult.

By the By, I'm always amused by the American's love of ass, to me a donkey is just a donkey, but you yanks go crazy over girls with nice ones. I mean, I like girls who like the country side as well, but the donkey isn't that important is it?

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #1343 on: 28 Aug 2008, 10:48 »

This makes me wonder- which word came first, and who butchered it into the other form?
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

tuna ketchup x

« Reply #1344 on: 28 Aug 2008, 12:24 »

By the By, I'm always amused by the American's love of ass

That's cause British girls don't got back.

I have several tattoos, but my favorites are the typewriter on my right ankle and the Daniel Johnston self-portrait on my left shin. I want to get another DJ tattoo because his music and art have been such a positive force in my life, but I don't know, maybe it's kind of obsessive? I've been strongly mulling over a picture of the fly eye from the cover of Continuing Story (as well as many of his other artworks) on the inside of my left arm, right below the ditch.

My most misunderstood tattoo: "busy, busy, busy" (what Bokononists say when they contemplate how complicated the machinery of life really is) on my right arm. Bosses saying "well, we're sure busy, busy, busy around here, haw haw." But it's kind of a litmus test to figure out how well read someone is. So far, only three people have passed the test. Though maybe other people do recognize the quote and don't say anything, don't know.

I'm gonna have to decide what to get by my birthday, though! For the past few years I've gotten a tattoo on my birthday, and it's coming up in a month. That DJ tattoo is really calling to me...

Adlan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #1345 on: 28 Aug 2008, 16:08 »

This makes me wonder- which word came first, and who butchered it into the other form?

Arse and Ass are two seperate words with seperate entymologies, untill Langauge drift made Arse, sound like Ass, and the word donkey became used in victorian society and the more puritain America's.

Sorry to derail the thread.

Back Ontopic, the Chap who was gonna get a Te Moko? Did he ever get it? Bloody Marvellous, I have Maori friends (well, I'm friends with one maori and his kids who emigrated to my little backwater) and really love the look of te moko. After the first discussion I had with him about it though, I wouldn't get one unless I emigrated to New Zealand and Married into or became part of a Maori Community. And I'd get it done with Chisel and Hammer, just to be traditional.

Isn't Japanese Traditional Tattooing done in a Similar way? Anyone here got anything done in that technique? How's it compare to regular tattooing? (Much more painful is what I hear)

Edit: And for British Girls Everywhere, lots of them do got back. I like me a girl with a good arse.

abadname

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • double plus good
    • http://www.myspace.com/roseofsharyn7
« Reply #1346 on: 15 Sep 2008, 00:14 »

I finally got my chest piece finished.  I think I posted a picture of a heart i got on my chest a year ago, well it turned out horrible, so why not go full chest? amirite?

ECK is my mom, dad, and sisters initials, hence the family at the bottom.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1347 on: 15 Sep 2008, 00:27 »

That's nice. I'm not so much a fan of pretty much anything with colours, but I like that a lot.

Further to my initial posts here, I started work on the sleeve design I was talking about, after asking around and finding an artist I was happy with. Took about four weeks to get the design right, which was a lot of talking about it since we frequent the same club, but the outline is down now and it's looking sweet. Pics in here once I get better quality ones than my horrible phone camera. Starting the shading and definition work early October.

Also it turns out getting inked across the wrist stings! Who'da thunk?

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #1348 on: 15 Sep 2008, 08:31 »

Hahaha. I kind of want to get "Severus Snape" underneath my Dark Mark, and "Morsemerde" over the top of it, but I think that would be a bit much.

I am thinking about blowing my next paycheck to go get my Deathly Hallows/Phoenix. I want it sooooo bad..

Anyway... abadname, I don't know what you're talking about. It looks really nice. Mind you, It's not like I can actually enlarge the picture and analyze the hell out of it (I love to do that w/ pics from tattoo artists on MySpace...it's hilarious how bad some of them are)... But it looks pretty darn good from where I'm at.

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #1349 on: 15 Sep 2008, 10:23 »

I got a new tattoo or two, pictures eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 97   Go Up