THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 01:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 756396 times)

SarahBarah

Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #1450 on: 07 Oct 2008, 12:30 »

Pin ups are quite cool on guys depending on the general appearance of it, I guess. My friend Trish has a pin up girl who's dressed as a chef on her side, and I must say, it is quite cute. I'm all for pin ups, so go for it!

I have my back tattooed, and I love it. I want to get some color added to it eventually, but I'm in no rush because I know I won't have the money anytime soon.

The Japanese kanji means "Live life for the moment" and the angel wings are my own design.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #1451 on: 07 Oct 2008, 13:37 »

The angel wings are pretty cool, I guess. Are you japanese by chance? Or maybe like live in Japan or something? Or maybe you learned japanese in high school? Or did you just get kanji because it looks cool?
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #1452 on: 07 Oct 2008, 13:39 »

While I like the placement, is it actually crooked? Or is that just because your arms are up?
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

abadname

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • double plus good
    • http://www.myspace.com/roseofsharyn7
« Reply #1453 on: 07 Oct 2008, 13:42 »

One of my next pieces if going to be a chef pin up on my side.  Also a halfsleeve and a couple small pirate/cooking related tattoos.

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #1454 on: 07 Oct 2008, 14:47 »

While I like the placement, is it actually crooked? Or is that just because your arms are up?

I think it's just the angle of the camera. It's not pointed straight at her back, it's kind off to the side... I sometimes think that my Rogue is crooked, but that's just because of the angle at which I have to look at it.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #1455 on: 07 Oct 2008, 15:31 »

I think she means that the top of the line of kanji is on her spine and the bottom is off. The line doesn't follow her spine.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

ThePQ4

« Reply #1456 on: 07 Oct 2008, 16:04 »

Yeah, but I still think it's just the angle her body is at. Plus, her arms are pulling up, shifting her skin.
Eeeegh, I feel all creepy and dirty all of a sudden... Shifting skin is weird and not something I normally think about.

ackblom12

« Reply #1457 on: 07 Oct 2008, 16:14 »

After having spent way too damn much time at 1/2", I discovered while stretching that my ears had already stretched to accommodate 5/8" quite easily, so i got to "skip" 9/16".

I got some bamboo tunnels. They're pwetty.

SarahBarah

« Reply #1458 on: 07 Oct 2008, 20:01 »

Yeah, it does look crooked, but it is the camera angle, and the way my body is positioned. Unless my body is in perfect anatomical position, it never really looks straight, sadly. But it's an imperfection I think I can live with. And no, I'm not Japanese, however, I'm very into the culture and my best friend is Japanese. He drew the kanji for me.
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2008, 20:04 by SarahBarah »

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1459 on: 08 Oct 2008, 18:40 »

The is a David Pajo song that I love, Mason Twins. The opening lyrics are in my signature. There is also this Beatles song, Blackbird, that I love a bunches.

I am thinking of straying away from my sea creatures theme, and getting two little birds in opposite places of my body. Like one on either shoulder, or one behind each ear lobe. I want them to be tiny tiny tiny(Or little bitty, as the Pajo song says). I want a tiny little yellow bird on one side, and a tiny little black bird on the other side. Is this completely silly? I want them smaller than a dime probably. I am really considering doing this soon, like before the election. Also, I am thinking behind the earlobes is the best place. Thoughts?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Katherine

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #1460 on: 08 Oct 2008, 19:14 »

That sounds adorable!  Painful, but adorable!

LizziL

• Larger than most fish
  • 'This thing came out of our cat...'
« Reply #1461 on: 08 Oct 2008, 19:34 »

I love the idea of the birds!
Okay, Forum goers, I have a task for you! Well, two tasks.
1. Can anyone here draw half-way decently? [Besides Jeph...] I need a tattoo drawn, but I can't draw for shit, and I haven't be able to find exactly what I want.
I need a lily and a rose, kind of intertwining. Not very big, it's just going to be on the top of my foot or my leg.

2. I want to get another piercing, but I'd like something unique. There are just a few problems - I can't have any oral piercings, so things like lip, tongue or monroe are out. I've had my eyebrow done three times [various reasons why it was removed] and I'm not sure I want to put up with it healing a fourth time. Although, I might...I'm looking for something in my ear, I just haven't thought of exactly what yet. Any suggestions?

PS I already have my lobes, my helix, my tragus and my industrial. That's right, I've really given you a lot to work with... :lol:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1462 on: 08 Oct 2008, 19:39 »

1. Ask your tattoo artist to draw it. That is what they are there for.

2. Try stretching?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

LizziL

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #1463 on: 08 Oct 2008, 20:24 »

I was thinking about stretching, but I've heard it's INCREDIBLY painful. Any sources to confirm or deny this?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1464 on: 08 Oct 2008, 20:30 »

Depends on what you are stretching.

Stretching my septum hurt about as much as getting it pierced. I am trying to decide if I want to continue doing it. I really like the look of some stretched septums, but I don't know if the pain is worth it. Plus the fact even this small stretch altered the appearance of my nose. Just slightly, and barely noticeable. I only notice it because I know the way my nose feels, and it feels a little different now(I mean, like tracing my nose with my finger feels, not how it feels on my face). I don't want to change my nose too much.

But stretching you earloves really shouldn't be painful. If you screw it up, yeah, it's gonna hurt. But it you take your time, use oils, and stretch in the shower/right after showing, it should be fine.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1465 on: 09 Oct 2008, 03:13 »

Stretching ear cartilage is a cunt.

There's no gentler way to put it, it hurts like a bitch.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

BrilliantEraser

• We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions
« Reply #1466 on: 09 Oct 2008, 09:12 »

What is the best way to stretch ear cartilage? Tapers?

I feel like a bit of a wuss on this thread. I only just got my ears pierced a year ago, due to one of my doctors saying that I might have keloid/chyloid scarring issues (which, as it turns out, I do not). So I have my earlobes pierced, but I am considering gauging those and getting another piercing on my left ear. Only thing is I do not know what to get. The other thing is I know two people who have had cartilage blow-out. What causes it and are certain piercings more prone to it?

Also, I have my first tattoo design ready and raring to go.

Btw, I am a girl (if that makes any difference for suggestions).
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #1467 on: 09 Oct 2008, 09:50 »

I suggest you see a piercer since there's a risk of your ear collapsing.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #1468 on: 09 Oct 2008, 10:24 »

Risk for what? Stretching your cartilage, or for just getting it pierced in the first place?
*bloop bloop bloop*

ThePQ4

« Reply #1469 on: 09 Oct 2008, 10:29 »

Both??
You know...all of this talk of piercing makes me want to get one, but unfortunately the ones that I want are frowned upon where I work.
I need a better job...

abadname

• double plus good
« Reply #1470 on: 09 Oct 2008, 12:42 »

I kind of want to get a hoop put in my nose or get my septum done, but i am repeatedly told this is a horrible idea, I am not sure what i should do.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1471 on: 09 Oct 2008, 14:08 »

This.

Also I use tapers to stretch my inner conch and I'm going super slowly because it's painful and I don't want to disfigure my ear. Basically you're better getting it dermal punched if you want to have a larger gauge hole in cartilage because it shrinks back really fast and if you stretch it too much it goes a funny shape. I'm stretching mine to 4mm and if that looks okay I'm gonna get it punched at 4mm and stretch it to 6mm. It's taken me pretty much 6 months to get to 3mm, and I probably won't take it to 4mm until after christmas.

öde

« Reply #1472 on: 09 Oct 2008, 17:46 »

I kind of want to get a hoop put in my nose or get my septum done, but i am repeatedly told this is a horrible idea, I am not sure what i should do.

If you look back through the thread you'll see how hot/cute septum piercings are.

abadname

• double plus good
« Reply #1473 on: 09 Oct 2008, 18:09 »

But thats on girls, and I'm a dude so it may not make me look like the cute girls there frequent here.  Which is too bad.

öde

« Reply #1474 on: 09 Oct 2008, 18:14 »

Well I want my septum done and I think it may look pretty rad. Draw it on a photo of yourself or imagine it or something!

ackblom12

« Reply #1475 on: 09 Oct 2008, 18:34 »

I'm pretty much always a fan of septum rings, usually with either Tusks or Horsheshoes. Any idea what size you're thinkin of going for?

I is Grammar

• Furry furrier
  • Advocatus diaboli
« Reply #1476 on: 09 Oct 2008, 22:07 »

Are you japanese by chance? Or maybe like live in Japan or something? Or maybe you learned japanese in high school? Or did you just get kanji because it looks cool?

You really are one of my favorite people ever. 
I've got a small sticky-out scar like a third nipple just under my right manboob from where I was bitten by another kid in Year 3.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #1477 on: 09 Oct 2008, 22:28 »

It's cool, babe, she told us she is very into the culture. Totally legit.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1478 on: 09 Oct 2008, 22:35 »

She probably just has asianitis. I do. But I only have a single character. I might get 4 more. In various places, but probably not.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #1479 on: 09 Oct 2008, 23:08 »

Well I started having the shading work done on my arm. Only got this poor quality phone camera pic of it so far, though.

Picture is upside down to make the artwork the right way up. The artist thinks it's probably going to be two more sessions - since this first shading attempt was slow progress while he figured out what inks to use and how to actually do it. I'm still pretty damn impressed with it, and when viewed from a reasonable distance it does have some real depth to it, which looks bizarre.

I've started thinking about another design now but I'm not sure on the specifics... I'm thinking of a couple of Fly Guys supporting a banner, just below my neck across my shoulders, but I'm not sure on the banner text yet. I want something to the effect of, you know, life is a game or something, but uh... better. Maybe I better get both my arms done as I'm planning before I started getting more ideas.

My main problem is I'm starting to run out of visible space. After my arms are done I've got room for maybe the back of my neck and then everything else is covered. Disaster.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1480 on: 10 Oct 2008, 00:36 »

I always wanted to get kanji tattoos.

Specifically "left" on my right hand and "right" on my left hand.

Possibly "hairy legs" on my arms.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1481 on: 10 Oct 2008, 07:33 »

Jordan.

Please don't.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1482 on: 10 Oct 2008, 07:41 »

guys I want to get my septum pierced.  Dan informs me there are retainers for your septum so no one would be able to see it at work.

Good idea y/n?
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

öde

« Reply #1483 on: 10 Oct 2008, 08:38 »

It's visible if you have it down but you can just turn it up into your nose. You could actually do that with a regular septum piercing depending on the size and shape too. You'd have to ask a piercer about it though because they put the jewellery in when they pierce it and you can't take it out until it's somewhat healed.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #1484 on: 10 Oct 2008, 10:36 »

I... I think I'm in love with you.
*bloop bloop bloop*

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1485 on: 10 Oct 2008, 14:37 »

guys I want to get my septum pierced.  Dan informs me there are retainers for your septum so no one would be able to see it at work.

Good idea y/n?

Great idea, septum piercings are rad!

And I've still got the circular barbell that I had it pierced with in, and I just flip it up my nose for work. It's a little itchy but fine. You could get a septum bullet put in, or a clear plastic doodah, but what's the fun of having it if you can't show it off?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1486 on: 10 Oct 2008, 21:42 »

So, when the kids got home from school today, I took a few of them with me to cash my check, and in general just to get out of the house. After cashing my check, I decided we should go to the coffee shop to grab some cookies, and a cup of tea for myself. While there, I ran into the lady who owns the place where I get pierced. She also does tattoos. While chatting, I asked if they had any openings soon.

Long story short, they offered me a spot tomorrow to get the tattoos I was talking about earlier. She said it'd be about $60. I want them right behind my ears. I have to go alone, and I work later that night. Should I do it? And how much pain am I going to be in?

sean

• welp
« Reply #1487 on: 10 Oct 2008, 21:55 »

Jodie.

Y. Definitely Y.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1488 on: 10 Oct 2008, 22:45 »

DO!
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1489 on: 10 Oct 2008, 22:49 »

I know you fucking won't

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1490 on: 10 Oct 2008, 22:49 »

but, like, it's a hilarious  conecpt.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1491 on: 10 Oct 2008, 23:11 »

Oh hey cos my girlfriend got a new job where they're are totally OK with any piercings or tattoos she is going to get her septum pierced.

Yessss

öde

« Reply #1492 on: 11 Oct 2008, 05:18 »

Should I do it? And how much pain am I going to be in?

If you really want them! And a lot, if you're getting them behind your ears. So much pain.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #1493 on: 11 Oct 2008, 16:12 »

Septum piercing = yes.
Tattoos behind the ears = also yes.

Annnd, I got my cartilage pierced! This is exciting for me. I have had it for less than 48 hours, and so far there is very little swelling and/or pain, and no oozing blood or other gunk. Which is always a good sign, eh?
*bloop bloop bloop*

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #1494 on: 11 Oct 2008, 18:32 »

Just try not to knock it around or anything, cartilege sucks to heal(at least for me, it was nearly a year before my conch healed, and I take pretty good care. I'm just a slow healer I guess), also, in the first week I got slapped up the side of the head in the ear it was done in.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

LizziL

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #1495 on: 11 Oct 2008, 19:53 »

I hate getting cartilidge pierced! I don't think you're that slow a healer, my tragus took about that long before I was like 'yay, healed!' My industrial took even longer. It was still healing over a year and a bit later. Two years later I can finally leave it out for like, four hours without it healing back up.

ackblom12

« Reply #1496 on: 11 Oct 2008, 20:02 »

Yeah, Cartilage just takes a long damn time to heal. 6 months is usually the bare minimum with 8 - 12 months being more the norm.

Dermal Punches, much much faster.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1497 on: 11 Oct 2008, 20:17 »

Guys, I am getting my birds done in three days, and I haven't yet completely decided on where to get them.

Should I get them on this place on my sides, right under my boobs, kind of, but on my side(does that make sense?) or behind my ears?

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #1498 on: 12 Oct 2008, 06:05 »

I think behind your ears is probably the best call, easy to show off, easy to hide at the same time.

(Also, your head can't really get bigger or smaller so it won't stretch/warp as much if you gain weight. Most people I know with tiny tattoos advise against getting them on places that fluctuate weight)
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 97   Go Up