THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 22:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 756261 times)

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #1500 on: 12 Oct 2008, 08:52 »

Dude, host them somewhere else, can't full view on myspace unless we're friends(and I had a myspace in the first place)
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Trashole

« Reply #1501 on: 12 Oct 2008, 09:27 »

I had them in photobucket but when I posted them on here it said they were deleted by photobucket...(which they aren't) so I have no clue what is going on with that. Myspace was the easiest alternative.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1502 on: 12 Oct 2008, 12:46 »

Guys, I am hella nervous about my birds. They are going to hurt like hell. I really really want them behind my ears. I'm actually kinda scared. Convince me that I will totally live through this pain.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Kirala

« Reply #1503 on: 12 Oct 2008, 13:20 »

I must admit I have two tattoos and neither of them really hurt. One i got when I was 14,(its really ugly) and the other is a triforce that i got  about 4 months ago. 

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1504 on: 12 Oct 2008, 13:33 »

My other tattoo didn't really hurt. I've said it in this thread before. I think piercings hurt more, bu the pain doesn't last as long. I am pretty certain my septum piercing hurt a hell of a lot more than my tattoo. I know stretching my septum hurt a hell of a lot more than my octopus. But the pain didn't last half as long.

Now, this is gonna suck, and will undoubtedly be more painful than stretching my septum. I mean, it's going to be a bunch of needles, going in my skin, injecting ink at a rated of a thousand times per second, right on my fucking skull. Ow.

ETA:
I just found quite possibly one of the most amusing tattoo stories of my life. How could you think this was a good idea? Sad thing is, I live maybe 20 minutes away from Granite City. If even that.
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2008, 13:46 by Emaline »
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions
« Reply #1505 on: 12 Oct 2008, 15:40 »

Haha, oh wow Emaline, that story was really funny.
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1506 on: 12 Oct 2008, 15:56 »

Man, that story.

On the brightside, that tattoo was going to be embarrassing no matter how well it turned out anyway.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1507 on: 12 Oct 2008, 16:09 »

Never trust a man named after a fish, really.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1508 on: 12 Oct 2008, 16:15 »

True.

And let me just say that Granite City is hellsa ghetto. It's a terrible terrible place. There is a law stating that household furniture cannot be used as porch furniture. It is a law that is often broken. I am fairly certain that the number one export of that place is either jenkem or meth.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #1509 on: 12 Oct 2008, 16:17 »

Hey guys, I have a question, what is standard rates for the following jazz at a somewhat respectable shops around you guys?

Most types of cartilage earwork
Nipples
Naval
etc, common stuff.

I'm really curious to see how things pan out, it seems like things are really pricey around here, like, 60-90 dollars for any sort of cartilage jazz seems really steep.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #1510 on: 12 Oct 2008, 16:19 »

http://www.whiteflameltd.co.uk/piercingprices.htm

Everyone calls it expensive, but it's worth it considering that they do it right.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #1511 on: 12 Oct 2008, 17:09 »

There is a really neat little place near my campus, and their rates are really good.
I cannot remember the full price list, but these are the ones I remember looking at:
Cartilage for one ear is 20$, 30$ for both
Industrial 45$
Tragus/Daith/Snug/Conch 30-40$
*bloop bloop bloop*

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1512 on: 12 Oct 2008, 17:15 »

Also, I hope everyone realizes that cheap ≠ good.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #1513 on: 12 Oct 2008, 17:32 »

Also, I hope everyone realizes that cheap ≠ good.

Durr. I hope people would not risk their health just so they could save a little cash upfront. I go this place because it is foremost very clean and professional. The piercer there is wonderful, and the fact that it is relatively cheap is just an added bonus.
*bloop bloop bloop*

ackblom12

« Reply #1514 on: 12 Oct 2008, 18:58 »

My shop charges (Inner - Outer):

Outer Cart: $20 - $30
Inner Cart:  $30 - $45

Of course that varies depending on what kind of jewelry you go for an what kind of threading, but that's the base price with jewelry.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #1515 on: 12 Oct 2008, 21:10 »

I know cheap does not equal good, however, there is so much as being over charged for a service. No matter how good(especially if it's not a 'specialty' thing.)
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

ackblom12

« Reply #1516 on: 12 Oct 2008, 22:06 »

How are taxes and the like In your province? I know in the UK piercings are a hell of a lot more expensive in general than the US, about on par with the prices you mentioned.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1517 on: 13 Oct 2008, 03:32 »

http://www.whiteflameltd.co.uk/piercingprices.htm

Everyone calls it expensive, but it's worth it considering that they do it right.

At the studio I go to, everything is at least £5 more than everything on that list.

Baw.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

öde

« Reply #1518 on: 13 Oct 2008, 06:26 »

That's overpriced considering they use a copy of Metal Fatigue's price list and Sarge at Metal Fatigue is one of the best piercers in the south.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1519 on: 15 Oct 2008, 12:23 »

Guys!

$20!

Twenty freaking bucks! For my two tattoos! How sweet is that. I mean, like I said earlier, cheap doesn't always equal good, but this place has been voted "best of St. Louis" two years in a row. It's the place I always go to get pierced, so yeah. I trust these people more than most of my friends.

And both tattoos look great, and they didn't hurt at all. I am so excited about them.

tiffchil

« Reply #1520 on: 15 Oct 2008, 13:16 »

So far I only have two tattoos. One is a fairy. I got it when I was 16 and it represented the ability to fly and be free. Needs touching up but still cute. The other is three words in Sanskrit- peace truth and liberation. This is my mantra. To me, if you have inner peace and know your own truths, you will be liberated from all the pain you've carried and all the shit that will go down later. I am working on my third. It will be a Cherrokee proverb that I've always loved- The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. I am currently waiting for the Native American Language Institute to translate it into Cherrokee for me. Some people are confused by my decision to have multiple language's on my body. However, it makes sense to me. My beliefs are are unusual because I respect all religions and cultures that promote peace and a deeper understanding of yourself.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1521 on: 15 Oct 2008, 17:39 »

One of my friends that I worked with has a tattoo of himself jumping out of his arm with a shotgun. I think that's badass.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1522 on: 15 Oct 2008, 18:59 »

Does his tattoo of himself have a tattoo of himself?
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1523 on: 15 Oct 2008, 19:30 »

I think so. But that part is hidden by the shotgun that he is wielding. He was the most badass redneck weezer lookalike that I knew.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1524 on: 16 Oct 2008, 00:05 »

It will be a Cherrokee proverb that I've always loved- The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. I am currently waiting for the Native American Language Institute to translate it into Cherrokee for me.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if it's a Cherokee proverb, why does it need to be translated into Cherokee?

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #1525 on: 16 Oct 2008, 09:41 »

I think that it is because she wants to make sure that it is translated correctly after being re-translated so many times since the proverb was first dictated into English. You know what I mean?

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1526 on: 16 Oct 2008, 12:22 »

Jens, thank you for that. I have read it before but reading it again fills me with such glee.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #1527 on: 16 Oct 2008, 12:39 »

Guys, I have been thinking about getting three lines on the 'outer' part of my ear(the curl part, up near where helix piercings usually are), really thin, in a dark brown ink. However, I've been peeking around and things suggest that it fades out/blurs really fast, but since it's something so simple, do you think there would be issues?
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

tiffchil

« Reply #1528 on: 16 Oct 2008, 14:57 »

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if it's a Cherokee proverb, why does it need to be translated into Cherokee?

I think that it is because she wants to make sure that it is translated correctly after being re-translated so many times since the proverb was first dictated into English. You know what I mean?

You're kinda right. Since very few people can write in the traditional Cherokee lettering system, most of what you see is how you pronounce it. For example, Ah tey wa chee un kink tay is how you say 'till we meet again'. If it were written in Cherokee, it would look very different. I want mine written not in English letters but in Cherokee letters, which takes some time. 
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2008, 15:05 by tiffchil »

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #1529 on: 17 Oct 2008, 01:20 »

Hey guys, I have a question, what is standard rates for the following jazz at a somewhat respectable shops around you guys?

Most types of cartilage earwork
Nipples
Naval
etc, common stuff.

Most of my piercings have been around $50 American.  My nose, both halves of my double navel, and my vertical labret were $50 even.  I got a custom industrial for $55, but I told the artist to do what he thought worked, so he did something creative and I got a good price for letting him have fun.  I got both nips for $35 because I was pierced by an apprentice, but he was well recommended.  It would have been $70 for both by a permanent piercer.  So you can shop around for a good price as long as you get testimonials from real people.   It also helps to know how to appeal to artists.  I've chatted with a lot of piercers, and plenty of good ones will cut deals if you let them do something creative or different. 

All of my lobes have been cheap/free and dumb.  The first two in both were gunned before I knew better, and the thirds were done by me with an embroidery needle while drunk.  I am not too bright sometimes.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #1530 on: 17 Oct 2008, 01:32 »

I am double posting, but something occurred to me while reading this thread.  I am artsy and right brained, and I have more piercings on my left side than my right side, and I picture the tattoos I want on my left as well.  Does anyone else notice a correlation between their brain hemisphere and where they get their mods?  It makes sense to me, so I'm wondering if there's any pattern.

öde

« Reply #1531 on: 17 Oct 2008, 07:56 »

I haven't had a hemispherectomy.

I is Grammar

• Furry furrier
  • Advocatus diaboli
« Reply #1532 on: 17 Oct 2008, 17:46 »

You know, I never really thought about that, but yeah.  I have tendency to be more right-brained, and all of my tattoos are on my left side.  However, correlation isn't always causation, but who knows?  It's something interesting to think about. 
I've got a small sticky-out scar like a third nipple just under my right manboob from where I was bitten by another kid in Year 3.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #1533 on: 19 Oct 2008, 05:34 »

I'm generally a 'creative' type but most of my tattoos are on my right side at the moment. Or... well yeah, they all will be since once I'm 'done' there'll still be about two more tattoos on my right arm than my left.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1534 on: 19 Oct 2008, 07:44 »

I don't put much stock in that right brain/left brain stuff. I'm not convinced it's any more accurate than that "we only use 10% of our brain" bullshit. A any rate I guess I'm reasonably creative given that I sing and write music and I half write novels and screen plays and my tattoos are on my left side, right side and in the middle. I really like symmetry and balance and that is a theme I am trying to go with for my tattoos (in terms of placement rather than images).
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1535 on: 20 Oct 2008, 10:13 »

I'm pretty excited, I'm looking at getting my tattoo mostly finished this week. Hopefully I can get it done on thursday. I shall call and find out.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1536 on: 20 Oct 2008, 11:22 »

Well, had another visit to the shop, hopefully the penultimate one, and here is how it is shaping up now. I'm so, so pleased with it... I never thought it'd turn out half as good as it has done so far and it still isn't even done.

Pix

Full on view... can see part of the wing coming in... there's no shading been done on the angel as yet but I will probably have the wings as they are, they serve pretty well at seperating the images and I don't want them to blur into each other.

More pix

More of a side view. The most recent stuff is obviously the darkest inks (and the reddest skin) and there was no white highlighting done this session, that'll be next time. Apart from that there's just a few more bits and pieces of water left to add in, mostly in the awkward to reach parts of my arm, and of course some subtle shading on the angel herself and her hair. Looking like it'll be done before I go to London to see Coheed, which is what I was hoping for.

Edited because shit guys these pictures are bigger than I thought.
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2008, 11:24 by maxusy3k »

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1537 on: 20 Oct 2008, 18:37 »

I like your waves. What is it all going to be again?

Also, guys... uhh...

My black bird.

My flaxen bird is a bit harder to photo, as most of my lighting right no is yellowy, and that side of my body is super sore. But I promise pictures of that and better ones of my tusk soon!

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #1538 on: 20 Oct 2008, 18:58 »

<3 Emaline.
*bloop bloop bloop*

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1539 on: 20 Oct 2008, 23:46 »

That looks super super cute
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1540 on: 21 Oct 2008, 16:16 »

Thanks guys! I am really very much in love with my birds. So much so that I have changed the ring tone of my phone to a bird whistling. It is silly.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1541 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:12 »

Not on you, but they work for some people.
Liz is touching me.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1542 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:31 »

I am glad to hear that.

Also you need to go to sleep. No more coffee either.
Liz is touching me.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1543 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:34 »

That girl is cute, but her face tattoo is just weird. Probably because geometrical shapes with thin lines don't work so well on the face with its irregular surface.

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #1544 on: 21 Oct 2008, 20:31 »

I agree... That girl's facial tattoo is just not that awesome...
But in general, they are pretty cool, just not for me. There was actually a pretty cool chick on Miami Ink, the episode where they went to Coney (??) Island and tattooed the carni's. She had like one whole half of her face tattooed. It looked really good on her...plus, she was a Carni (carny? Whatever) so I doubt she had to worry about finding a job.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1545 on: 21 Oct 2008, 20:43 »

I think the face tattoo looks good. I'd like to see video of her moving her head.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1546 on: 21 Oct 2008, 20:46 »

I love love her hair.  Also I think the tattoo looks quite good.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1547 on: 21 Oct 2008, 22:19 »

I love love her hair. 

I wonder why. :p

I think her tattoo is pretty cool, the guys is just kinda, bleh.

So, I am once again excited and a bit anxious about getting my tattoo finished, there's a lot of space to cover and I hate needles.

I hate loving tattoos and hating needles.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1548 on: 21 Oct 2008, 23:32 »

I never really... I mean I hate needles in the hospital sense... bloodwork, vaccinations etc, it freaks me the hell out and I always work myself into such a state. Tattoo needles I've always been fine with. I suppose I don't really pay much attention to it as it's being done, I usually look around the shop, or am just fixating on something to try and block out the pain.

It usually helps most of the places I go there is always cool music playing, either stuff I love or stuff I haven't ever heard before but is still awesome, so I can just concentrate on that while I'm being inked.

I like your waves. What is it all going to be again?

It is an angel with the waves as a background, with the original French lyrics to Nine Inch Nails' 'La Mer' also written there. Only real pic of the angel I have is below, no newer one since she's not actually had any work done on her yet.

My artist hates me for making him do the writing.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #1549 on: 22 Oct 2008, 06:35 »

I think her tattoo is pretty cool, the guys is just kinda, national front.

Fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 97   Go Up