THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 30 Apr 2024, 04:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 777602 times)

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #2500 on: 30 Jun 2009, 06:49 »

Sounds fair to me.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #2501 on: 30 Jun 2009, 08:17 »

If a comic strip...

I'm going to say that again:

If a mother fucking comic strip is being cited as one of the things that influences your life...  Skip the tattoo.   Seriously. 

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #2502 on: 30 Jun 2009, 08:28 »

What about Garfield, anything wrong with Garfield?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

ackblom12

« Reply #2503 on: 30 Jun 2009, 08:31 »

Hey, while I personally wouldn't get a QC tat, fuck you guys. There are definitely a few comic strips I'd get work from because yes, they greatly influenced the humor in my life.

Edit - Nowdays everything is wrong with Garfield.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #2504 on: 30 Jun 2009, 08:49 »

Comics are a stupid medium! Anyone that reads comics is clearly a functionally retarded man-child with no grip on reality!

tinysmidgen

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #2505 on: 30 Jun 2009, 14:18 »

If a comic strip...

I'm going to say that again:

If a mother fucking comic strip is being cited as one of the things that influences your life...  Skip the tattoo.   Seriously. 

Questionable Content has influenced my life, or more exact, Jeph's writing has influenced my life. Yes, yes, I know he never studied psychology, but the man has said things that make me think, and make me realize my life isn't that bad. Sure, my parents are a tad oppressive, my job is menial and boring, not to mention the idiots that work there...but all in all, QC and Jeph have shown me that life isn't that bad, and that one should always think with a humorous side and give people the benefit of the doubt.

So, sue me if my life isn't that fantastical, and webcomics influence my life. But Jeph is an amazing man with impressive writing skills/insight.

I view that as something that I should give praise to, he's given his time and a lot of effort into putting pen to screen in writing this comic, and I'm going to honor that with an inked needle to skin.

I might also send him money and buy some shirts too.
A raptor with a sword should never be trusted, even if the raptor doesn't have thumbs.

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #2506 on: 30 Jun 2009, 14:46 »

Email Jeph and get a commission. Don't rip it from a comic. Compensate the dude if he's had as much influence on your life as you say.

Nothin' wrong with a comic tat if you do it right.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

tinysmidgen

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #2507 on: 30 Jun 2009, 14:48 »

I'll do that, thank you mber
A raptor with a sword should never be trusted, even if the raptor doesn't have thumbs.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2508 on: 01 Jul 2009, 17:47 »

Guys, next pay day I'm hoping to go get my second tattoo done. I really, really want something like this, because I'm big on acting and directing and stuff like that, y'know.

Obviously I don't want it to be exactly that design, but I have the artistic skills of a dead monkey, so what I'm basically asking is, hey, if you're artistic and stuff, can you like, do me a nice design to go on my wrist? I'd love you forever and if I ever make it big as a Hollywood director you can totally come to big parties with stars and be in a film or two and stuff, and if I ever see you in real life I'll totally give you a cuddle. I'm a really cuddly guy, so the cuddle should make the deal here, guys.

Also, bear in mind it might not be the design I go for, but even if you make one, I'll give you cuddles and stuff anyway, because it means you're totally rad and awesome enough to do something like that.

If you go to a decent tattooist they'll be able to draw something up based on your idea. This will almost certainly get you better results than just getting someone to do it over the internet since they'll have a far better idea how the design will work on your skin. Both of my tattoos were modified to some extent (slightly with regards to placing in one case, a total redesign in the other) by my tattooist since what I brought to them looked good on paper but just wouldn't have looked right when made into a tattoo.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2509 on: 01 Jul 2009, 18:26 »

What about Garfield, anything wrong with Garfield?

You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

sean

• welp
« Reply #2510 on: 01 Jul 2009, 18:42 »

so guys i get a pretty good paycheck on friday, so im thinking next week im gonna put holes in my ears.

YEAH!
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

elizaknowswhatshesfor

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #2511 on: 09 Jul 2009, 06:18 »

NB: ANYONE getting their lip pierced.

This might not be the case for everyone, but I've had over 100 different piercings (including lot's of wierd ear ones) I've had stretched ears that have shrunk back to nothing, but the middle of the lip piercing I took out 6 years ago STILL has an OBVIOUS hole.

It still annoys me when people ask about it, to the point where I slightly very veryveryveryvery slightly regret getting it done.

I just thought I'd share that as although I loved it when it was in & it looked super cute, now I don't want to have lot's of obvious holes (Partially for my job & partially, just because) it's STILL THERE.

That's my input, I hope it's vaugely helpful for anyone thinking about getting it done x
You do. You need pants. Put on some fucking pants. Why aren't you wearing pants?

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #2512 on: 09 Jul 2009, 09:06 »

i have the same problem as well. i got my lip pierced in 2006 and it healed very quickly with no problems whatsoever. i kept it for about a year before removing it in early 2007 and now i still have a hole in the bottom of my lip that is extremely visible and looks to this day like i took the piercing out only an hour or two ago. the piercer told me it should close after i took it out with no visible marks or scars, so needless to say i am pretty disappointed now to have this big permanent hole in my face. luckily for me, it isn't as noticeable to other people because i have big lips which kind of cover it up and i'm super short so most people tower over me and don't see it. lately though i have been paying more and more attention to it because i'm kind of concerned that this dumb scar might affect my employability later on in life.

actually, you know what, if anyone can suggest any tips or advice on how to reduce piercings scars/dents that would be petty fantastic because i don't really have any ideas. i know i probably won't be able to make my lip hole disappear completely, but anything i can do to reduce it would be great.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2513 on: 09 Jul 2009, 09:14 »

Chris has the EXACT same thing with his old lip piercing, it's completely healed over at the back but the front looks like he just took the ring out. He's tried the mederma scar reducer stuff and it didn't do a thing.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2514 on: 09 Jul 2009, 09:30 »

Tania, I've heard wonderful things about emu oil, vitamin e oil, and tea tree oil. I haven't used it on piercing scars(although it did take care of bumps on my ears) of a mixture of lavender oil and almond oil. Try and stick to essential oils because they seem to produce the best results and most of the creams and stuff just have the same oils in it for more expensive.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #2515 on: 09 Jul 2009, 10:27 »

I asked my doctor about scar-healing products last fall when I got a big scrape above my lip (face + parking garage = fractured cheekbone and hitler-stache scar), and he said that none of the commercially available things that are supposed to help with scarring are really proven to do anything.. it's just expensive lotion in a little bottle, basically.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

St.Germain

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #2516 on: 09 Jul 2009, 16:12 »

You has a cute belly and I believe you could pull it off. But what kind of piercing? A ring? A stud? The dangley kind?

I think I'd go with something basic, like a plain curved barbell. Like this: http://01cb206.netsolstores.com/ProductImages/curved%20barbell%20small.JPG

The dangly kind are the exact opposite of my style, so I'll have to avoid those, lest I look like a 15-year-old cheerleader or something equally terrifying.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2517 on: 09 Jul 2009, 17:21 »

i have the same problem as well. i got my lip pierced in 2006 and it healed very quickly with no problems whatsoever. i kept it for about a year before removing it in early 2007 and now i still have a hole in the bottom of my lip that is extremely visible and looks to this day like i took the piercing out only an hour or two ago. the piercer told me it should close after i took it out with no visible marks or scars, so needless to say i am pretty disappointed now to have this big permanent hole in my face. luckily for me, it isn't as noticeable to other people because i have big lips which kind of cover it up and i'm super short so most people tower over me and don't see it. lately though i have been paying more and more attention to it because i'm kind of concerned that this dumb scar might affect my employability later on in life.

actually, you know what, if anyone can suggest any tips or advice on how to reduce piercings scars/dents that would be petty fantastic because i don't really have any ideas. i know i probably won't be able to make my lip hole disappear completely, but anything i can do to reduce it would be great.

Solution: Come up with a story about a bizarre fly fishing accident. Find a way to work the story into conversation.

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #2518 on: 12 Jul 2009, 15:17 »

I GOT HOOKED THROUGH THE EYELID WHILE FLYFISHING ONCE.

IT FUCCIN HURT!

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #2519 on: 12 Jul 2009, 15:18 »

FORTUNATELY THE HOOK WAS BARBLESS!

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #2520 on: 12 Jul 2009, 19:46 »

Get off my land

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #2521 on: 12 Jul 2009, 21:15 »

My favorite part about fishing when I was younger was always playing with all the different lures.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

ackblom12

« Reply #2522 on: 17 Jul 2009, 23:23 »

I have my Suspension officially scheduled for October 4th.

If anyone is genuinely interested and will be in the NYC area on the date let me know. I'm allowed to bring a few friends and already have a couple whoa re likely going, but I'd like to know how many exactly are interested so I can see how many is too many.

If anyone would be coming from out of town (one person I can think of might) me and Kat would be happy to split a room if need be. We will be staying in NYC from Friday to Sunday and am hoping to meet up with a few folk regardless of your interest in the suspension.

I'll be doing a Superman with 9g hooks and hopefully will not have a terrible experience that ends with me passed out on the floor in a puddle of my own puke. I'm very likely going to pass out during the hook piercings honestly, but I've done that a few times during normal piercings and am perfectly fine within a few minutes afterwards, so I'm not too concerned about not being able to complete it.

I am far too fucking excited for this.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #2523 on: 18 Jul 2009, 07:35 »

I dunno if I can stomach watching a suspension, however I would love to meet up with you guys and I'm always in the NYC area courtesy of livin' here.

Just PM me your number closer to the date if you're interested.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2524 on: 18 Jul 2009, 07:40 »

yum, 10mm.

Stephen please get so many photos taken.

edit: i just changed my conch and lobe piercings into a conch/lobe orbital. I need a slightly bigger ring in it, but I quite like it. Thanks for the idea, Andy!
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2009, 08:53 by Gemmwah »
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2525 on: 18 Jul 2009, 13:38 »

Thanks for doing exactly what I wanna do gemm >:C (it's totally okay it looks great)

Stephen, honestly. If it's in the cards, I will try and save for this. I would love nothing more than to see your suspension and take hundreds of photos.

I am getting a tattoo this week!

Eeeee 'tis the season.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #2526 on: 19 Jul 2009, 12:36 »

I have my nose pierced, and my rook in my right ear. I'm thinking about getting a conch as a birthday present to myself next month. What are people's thoughts on the pain of that vs. the rook- which really didn't hurt much at all for me?

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
« Reply #2527 on: 19 Jul 2009, 12:56 »

Kieffer, I need the name of your artist. I'm getting inked in C-Springs. I am going to need to be pumped up in order to go through with it!
I like the way you work it.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #2528 on: 19 Jul 2009, 16:29 »

Gemm, you pretty much have what I want done ear-wise. I need to get some tape for my taper still to get up to 8mm, but I want a second stud in my lobe and a conch barrrr.

Hurgh, get paid soon, so I'll 'pload some pics when I get it done.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2529 on: 22 Jul 2009, 11:28 »

Ahhhhhhhhh

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

eeeeeeee

So, I went and got my first tattoo and it is adorable and I love it. It's only 20 minutes old in this so it's really fierce right now but I am just so excited.

King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #2530 on: 22 Jul 2009, 11:34 »

Looks amazing Andy!
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

nobo

« Reply #2531 on: 22 Jul 2009, 16:29 »

Cool! its that symbol thats in those blocks in mario!
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2532 on: 22 Jul 2009, 16:31 »

You may need to beware of people headbutting you expecting gold.

That is nice placement though, works well. Is it red ink or is that just the blood? I can never tell with a fresh tattoo.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2533 on: 22 Jul 2009, 17:10 »

It's red, but it won't be so bright in a few days.

PS what I love about this tattoo is people grab so many different meanings from it.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

öde

« Reply #2534 on: 23 Jul 2009, 05:46 »

I just think it looks pretty rad.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2535 on: 23 Jul 2009, 05:53 »

I think it looks pretty fuckin rad.

I need to find a job so I can get more of mine done.
Do you guys remember pogs? I am going to get a pog tattooed on my arm at some point.

Also, what do you guys think of something like this:

Except that the swords would be paintbrushes and the shield would be something else. Maybe dice or something, I think that just two paintbrushes would look boring.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2536 on: 23 Jul 2009, 06:14 »

Ahhhhhhhhh

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

eeeeeeee

So, I went and got my first tattoo and it is adorable and I love it. It's only 20 minutes old in this so it's really fierce right now but I am just so excited.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/Sneakers_King/IMG_0724.jpg
Well that's a pretty unique tattoo. Likes.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2537 on: 23 Jul 2009, 10:56 »

Sam, part of the reason I got it is because I have very selective and poor hearing.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #2538 on: 23 Jul 2009, 11:25 »

Hey, while I personally wouldn't get a QC tat, fuck you guys. There are definitely a few comic strips I'd get work from because yes, they greatly influenced the humor in my life.

Edit - Nowdays everything is wrong with Garfield.

I'm with this guy... Some comics means a lot to me specially Spawn... Damn that one maked me think of a lot of stuff while reading it. And about Garfield... If you see the comics "Realfield" and "Garfield minus Garfield" you will see that there's nothing wrong with Garfield per se but there something seriously wrong with John and pretty much all the cat lovers who talk to their cats [I'm a cat lover who talks to his cat as well so I know what I'm talking about]
___

Enough Off topic from me...
I've seen all the pages now and most of the tattoos I've seen are beautiful and so are most of the piercings [I don't really like them but most of the pics here were a proff that piercing can be really cute  :-)] I also came to conclusions about tattoos and other stuff:
- As long as if it's good for you... DO IT. Because you are the only one who's opinion really matters. Even if the reason is just "I just like how it looks" that's enough reason imo.
- Hey...  Piercings are finally rad in my book... But still I don't have the guts to even think of having one.  :-D

Ever since my sister got a tattoo, I've been thinking about what kind of stuff I would like to have on my body. I'm still very young for it and all that but I see it as an opportunity to think things properly and get a tattoo that I enjoy 100%.
Right now I have two ideas... And it seems like they would be the ones I really want to get someday.
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2009, 15:02 by Mr. Doctor »

ackblom12

« Reply #2539 on: 07 Aug 2009, 22:32 »

Woooo got some new jewelry fuck yeah! I was planning on stopping at 21mm for the moment, but these babies were only in 22mm and seem to be the only goddamn wooden plugs on the planet that are a mirror match. My ears have had no problems up to this point, so I'm goin for it. Hopefully have them in by next week.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2540 on: 08 Aug 2009, 05:44 »

Dang, they are pretty as hell Stephen.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2541 on: 08 Aug 2009, 10:37 »

Ok, so it's been 3.5 months since I got my ears peirced and one of them does not want to seem to heal. It was fine for a while, but now it's getting crusties again and I can't tell if it's infected or not. I am still cleaning it, but it keeps happening? This was also the ear that reacted the worst to the metal posts I used to have. Thoughts? Or should I just go talk to a peircer? (Can't talk to the one who did it as she's in another state, but there are good places around here I can go to.)
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #2542 on: 08 Aug 2009, 12:55 »

In the first picture they looked HUGE, but when I saw them on your hand I was like "uffff... I was fucking scared at first"

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2543 on: 08 Aug 2009, 16:06 »

Ok, so it's been 3.5 months since I got my ears peirced and one of them does not want to seem to heal. It was fine for a while, but now it's getting crusties again and I can't tell if it's infected or not. I am still cleaning it, but it keeps happening? This was also the ear that reacted the worst to the metal posts I used to have. Thoughts? Or should I just go talk to a peircer? (Can't talk to the one who did it as she's in another state, but there are good places around here I can go to.)

What colour is the discharge?
Is it painful?
Is it swollen?
Does the skin around it feel hot?

Important questions! If it's just crusties it's probably not infected. Are you still using soap/sea salt soaks? I had this problem when I had my second piercings done in my lobes, it's such a simple piercing you assume it's not going to have problems but it happens. I fixed mine using the age old LITHA method. Leave it the hell alone. Sometimes cleaning/etc is an irritant to healing etc etc. but if it's infected it's a different story.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #2544 on: 08 Aug 2009, 16:17 »

Yeah, my nosering is still giving off crusties and is a little sore sometimes. I really am trying to leave it alone and do its own thing, because I am pretty sure it's not infected (not swollen or painful to touch, no discharge other than the crusties), but I have to blow my nose sometime. Then I end up bumping it about on the inside when I make sure snot isn't hanging out of my nose. It's a problem!

I am a little worried, because it's been over 6 months and still isn't looking well enough for me to go talk to the piercers abotu changing it (the inside bit is too long and you can see it at the edge of my nostril). I did have some issues with it fairly early on when I bumped it and it bled a lot, and that took months to get better, so maybe I am just being impatient.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2545 on: 08 Aug 2009, 17:37 »

I got my ears pierced when I was 18 and it is now 5 years later and there is still a little bit of lymph discharge occasionally. It's not really a thing, I think that's just what some holes in your body will do?
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Spenser

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2546 on: 08 Aug 2009, 19:36 »

I've been tempted to get an Elliott Smith based tattoo for a while, but music tastes change.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2547 on: 08 Aug 2009, 20:29 »

What colour is the discharge?  Yellow.
Is it painful?  Mostly no, but sometimes it feels sore.
Is it swollen?  No, but this lobe is thicker than my other one, so it's difficult to tell.
Does the skin around it feel hot?  No.

Really, I have been leaving it alone for the most part. I only clean it when I can actually see gunk and/or if it feels a bit sore. Sometimes it still itches. For the longest time it was fine and I thought both were healed, so I slowly stopped cleaning my ears. I don't have any crusts on my right lobe, just the left.

And mostly I'm just worrying because I really want to get new earrings and I know you can't if the holes aren't completely healed. I'm just being impatient... (And also because I really don't want something to go wrong again.)
« Last Edit: 08 Aug 2009, 20:36 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #2548 on: 08 Aug 2009, 22:18 »

Not that I am really considering this, but out of curiosity how terrible an idea is it to just sterilize a safety pin and shove it through an ear lobe?

Reed

« Reply #2549 on: 09 Aug 2009, 00:11 »

Well I don't think a safety pin is the best type of pin to use, but if you really feel the need to do this the traditional method is to cold numb the lobe and hold a frozen piece of fruit behind the lobe you are piercing.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 97   Go Up