THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 755493 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #3700 on: 05 Nov 2010, 06:46 »

I have lost a few o-rings, even when sleeping. (I searched my bed, I don't know where they went.) But luckily Body Art Forms sends you free o-rings with pretty much every purchase, so I've got a few in sizes ranging from 10g to 4g.

I am stretching up to 4g and then I think I'm going to stop. Mostly because I ordered the owls in 4g and my blue tigers eye double flares are 4g (they are labeled as 6, but they are definitely not 6)  and both are so pretty and I want to wear them always.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #3701 on: 05 Nov 2010, 06:56 »

It's easier to find awesome stuff in those sizes as well. And cheaper to replace those o-rings, if you ever need to actually buy any. I have two piercings in each earlobe, one is 3/4" and one is 8g. 3/4" is so big that I can't get some stuff, and what I can get is more expensive. The cheapest I can get is like $10 per plug. If we're talking decent-quality that is - no plastic or acrylic. And then the 8g is so small that I can't get much of anything interesting for those either.

More importantly, these are awesome and I WANT THEM but they're like $130.

what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

ackblom12

« Reply #3702 on: 05 Nov 2010, 08:02 »

Yeah, I don't know why but the largest variety in jewelry seems to be at sizes 4g, 0g, 1/2" and 1" with a good smattering of 7/8". Of course the two larger sizes don't allow much in the way of dangly things unless you are willing to wear jewelry through tunnels.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3703 on: 05 Nov 2010, 10:53 »

Thanks for yr concern dudes, I had a spare, though it's my last  :psyduck: Hopefully I'll get a job soon and so new stretch, new jewellery and new o-rings so it won't be a problem...

Hey so are there any other notable sites for plugs/jewellery that I should know about? I've managed to dredge up bodyartforms and Onetribe Organics from my browser history, I know there were a few others that were pretty popular around here but I can't find them.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3704 on: 05 Nov 2010, 11:09 »

Tawapa has some really nice stuff, but it's also found on BAF.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #3705 on: 05 Nov 2010, 16:11 »

Does the BMEzine shop suck now? I haven't ordered jewelry from there in years. There's also Gorilla Glass and Another Hole but I've never ordered from either.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

ackblom12

« Reply #3706 on: 05 Nov 2010, 16:14 »

Honestly the BME shop was more of a utilitarian site anyways. Was great for certain tools but jewelry wise it was't all that great. Let me find my silly long list of sites and I'll re-post.

Body Artforms

HeartonSleeveJewelry.com

Oracle Body Jewelry

Diablo Organics

Evolve Body Jewelry Company

Omerica Organic

Tawapa

Gorilla Glass

Ok, can't find the whole list but here's several good ones.
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2010, 16:33 by ackblom12 »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3707 on: 05 Nov 2010, 17:56 »

A lot of those brands are on Body Art Forms as well, I noticed. Is it generally cheaper to order direct from the source?

EDIT: Ah yes, HeartOnSleeve is the one that I saw before that I really loved but couldn't remember. Thanks Stephen!
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2010, 18:00 by David_Dovey »

ackblom12

« Reply #3708 on: 05 Nov 2010, 19:47 »

not always cheaper, but they tend to have some stuff direct that won't show up on other sites. For example the Faceted Opalite plugs were a single piece they were just experimenting with and opted not to make any more of.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3709 on: 07 Nov 2010, 13:41 »

Ok so I've just got an email from my tattooist saying she'll be back in Melbourne with some free time at the beginning of February. Should I go down and get my colour finished then? And if I do would the cabin pressure on the plane back fuck with a healing tattoo at all? It would only be for like, 2 hours. Alternatively I could get a train back but that would take about 12 hours. On the other hand she said she'd be in Sydney during March. Perhaps I should organise to finish it then and I won't need to go anywhere!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3710 on: 07 Nov 2010, 17:33 »

I say wait, I had a friend get tattooed in japan and fly home and the pressure made his arm act weirdly. The tattoo came out fine but he said the pressure changes were horrible on his arm.
plus if shes gonna be there the next month why bother spending the airfare money? Save it for some more colour.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #3711 on: 07 Nov 2010, 18:52 »

onetribe is another shop with some incredibly gorgeous organic jewelry
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

ackblom12

« Reply #3712 on: 07 Nov 2010, 22:24 »

Oooo, yes, what Tania said. I don't know how they slipped my mind.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3713 on: 08 Nov 2010, 10:45 »

Maybe cos I mentioned them in my first post!

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #3714 on: 08 Nov 2010, 14:25 »

I had to cancel my next tattoo appointment because of my collarbone  :(

I CANT DO ANYTHING FUN!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3715 on: 08 Nov 2010, 14:29 »

You can still make the Internet fun!  Get better soon; broken collar bones are the worst thing, I'm led to believe...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3716 on: 08 Nov 2010, 14:34 »

That or the pelvis, yeah. Collarbones tend to hurt worse at first but the pelvis and coccyx take the gold and silver in the "God, why won't this ever heal?" event.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #3717 on: 08 Nov 2010, 17:20 »

My mom also has a broken collarbone at the moment.

I guess you guys can uh.. bond vicariously through my sympathy for both of you?
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3718 on: 08 Nov 2010, 19:24 »

Hahahaha thanks Gene  :mrgreen:
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3719 on: 08 Nov 2010, 22:35 »

So guys I've been considering getting a piece of original art made for me based on the following text so that I can get it tattooed. How's this for a concept?

The entire known universe floats suspended in a thin silver bowl which rocks gently on the back of an immense blue-green tortuga, and the tortuga's scaly feet are firmly placed on the topmost of seven craggy mountains which arise from a vast and arid plain of drifting, fetid, yellow dust, and the plain is balanced precariously on top of a small, thin, green acacia tree which grows from the snout of a giant blood red ox with fifty eyes that breathes flame the color of the midnight sky, and the ox's hooves are firmly placed on a single grain of sand which floats in the eye of Bahamut like mote of dust.

No one has ever seen Bahamut. Some think it's a fish. Some think it's a newt. All we know is that the lonely Bahamut floats endlessly through time and space with all of us and everything floating in a single tear of his eye.

They're lyrics from the Hazmat Modine song Bahamut which tells of an enormous creature said to hold up the universe in Arabian mythology. This particular take is a bit different from the widely accepted story (seven heavens over the earth over six hells over an angel over a ruby mountain which stands on a bull who rests on Bahamut) but it sounds like a more beautiful tattoo.

Alternately I wanna get a sleeve based on various entries in Jorge Luis Borges' Book of Imaginary Beings which includes Bahamut.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #3720 on: 09 Nov 2010, 02:10 »

The only thing I thought when reading that was: Great A'tuin is the star turtle (genus Chelys Galactica) that carries the Discworld through space. 10,000 miles long and nearly as big as the disc itself, not much is known about A'tuin, even it's sex remains a mystery. The Discworld is supported atop A'tuin's back by the four great elephants Berilia, Tubul, Great T'Phon and Jerakeen, and the whole assemblage is circled by the small discworld sun and moon.

Not sure if this was what you were going for.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #3721 on: 09 Nov 2010, 02:32 »

Yeah, by the time I got to the first comma I was thinking Discworld too.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3722 on: 09 Nov 2010, 03:17 »

I broke my collarbone once. Wasn't terrible. Although I was eight and not into any kind of sport so it didn't really keep me from doing anything I liked, I just had to hold my nintendo controller differently.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3723 on: 09 Nov 2010, 14:35 »

It is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.  Mostly due to timing, not the actual break.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #3724 on: 10 Nov 2010, 05:15 »

I just got out of the hospital, I have a pulmonary embolism. So I'm on all sorts of blood thinners. Which means no piercings or tattoos for a very long time. :cry:

Oh, also, I'm in a lot of pain. But hey, I got over my fear of having blood drawn.

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #3725 on: 10 Nov 2010, 08:01 »

Alternately I wanna get a sleeve based on various entries in Jorge Luis Borges' Book of Imaginary Beings which includes Bahamut.

Oh man I love this idea.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3726 on: 10 Nov 2010, 11:44 »

Henry Rollins
Nick Cave?
Ian Mackaye
dunno
dunno
dunno

ETA: That is indeed a very, very silly tattoo idea. Also you need to add SL (or CB) and IP to the list

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3727 on: 10 Nov 2010, 12:48 »

The last option should be the Batman symbol and yes there should be something to indicate a drop down menu like maybe an actual drop down with the little arrow button and everything.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3728 on: 10 Nov 2010, 21:41 »

I haven't read Discworld but I'd really like to get around to it. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Pratchett likely borrowed from this myth when he wrote that.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3729 on: 11 Nov 2010, 10:17 »

World-turtles (or other gigantic galactic animals) show up in a few different creation myths, from India, China, and North America. It's one of those weird little commonalities that sometimes shows up over otherwise disparate cultures. I guess the idea of the flat earth being carried on a massive animal's back makes a lot of sense?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3730 on: 11 Nov 2010, 14:24 »

It's turtles all the way down!

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3731 on: 13 Nov 2010, 14:18 »

Two days ago my lip was fine. I even talked about how happy I have been with it lately while out drinking. Yesterday my lip had blown up suddenly, and was all swollen and sore. I drank a lot of water (i thought maybe the dehydration from drinking was the culprit), iced it, soaked it, but nothing changed anything. This morning, it is still puffed up and I am going to have to go see my piercer to get the bar changed because it is too short to be dealing with this much swelling. Of course all my other longer bars have mysteriously disappeared now that I need them, so I have to buy another one. It is better than yesterday, in that I can actually touch the bottom ball without it hurting, and I think the swelling has gone down a little, but it is still really bad. It looks like I just got it pierced.

I still have no idea what could have caused this reaction, and it is really worrying me.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #3732 on: 13 Nov 2010, 14:44 »

Have you tried salt water yet? It always calms my piercings. Do you think some gunk got stuck in there, or you're using jewelry that you react to somehow?

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3733 on: 13 Nov 2010, 15:40 »

I have soaked it, and while it is less tender now, it is still swollen. It is most likely some sort of irritant in the piercing that has caused this, because I have had this jewellery in for a few months now and it's been fine.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #3734 on: 13 Nov 2010, 17:50 »

When I had my lip pierced I would take it out at least once a week and rinse it out with warm water. If it was at all irritated I'd use some sea salt, but usually, just the water by itself helped. I eventually had to take it out because it messed up my teeth. I had it stretched to 8g, though, so I still have a very visible scar.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3735 on: 19 Nov 2010, 23:07 »

My mom got a tattoo the other day and I am jealous.

Those hebrew characters are my dad's name, Benjamin and the puzzle piece represents autism. The Venus symbol is for feminism, obviously.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Wasteroo

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • RMB RMB RMB RMB
    • my music
« Reply #3736 on: 19 Nov 2010, 23:12 »

whoa, your mom sounds awesome
I have a huge hillbilly boner for banjos

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3737 on: 20 Nov 2010, 00:50 »

That's lovely.

I'm pleased with myself that I can still understand that text without your explanation.

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
    • Crochet Blog "One Happy Hooker"
« Reply #3738 on: 20 Nov 2010, 00:56 »

Your mom got a gorgeous piece done.:

Me, I have a few tattoos, and have a few more planned out. My first was an 'ooh I'm 19 and can get a tattoo!' but turned out to be a huge reminder for me that I can do anything (loooong story!); my second is a memorial tattoo, strawberry and butterfly, for my Grandmother, who had a big hand in raising me.

My third was my nickname 'Nockie' ... it was originally my chat moniker. I was a shy girl, painfully shy. But chatting helped me find a person I didn't know I was, and I got the name tatted to remind myself that I'm not just Shy Mae ... I can ALWAYS be the fun, outgoing, friendly Nockie that people knew online. My last (so far) is simple. A butterfly chasing a shooting star. I've been clean 5 and a half years from methanphetamine, and am now a single mother to a gorgeous little girl. It's symbolism is easy ... No matter how frail I think I am, I can always chase my dreams.

I plan on getting a couple more ... My daughter's footprints, and her name and birth statistics on my leg, and I plan on getting a portrait done of her on my left shoulder, one of her first pictures in the hospital with wings added. She is my little angel, my unexpected blessing.

Wow, this kinda got long. Anyway ... aside from my first wall tattoo, all of the ones I have now are custom, I personally find picking a tattoo off a wall silly. But, that's just my take.
I love America. We've been hurt but we also hurt others. You know you never hurt anybody? The ESKIMOS! Do we even know what they look like without those silly coats? Nobody ever talks about invading..wherever the hell they're from. Does anybody even know?

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #3739 on: 20 Nov 2010, 18:16 »

finally finished my quarter sleeve. It was about 10hours due to all the detail in it. I'll post pics later, right now its still bloody and really swollen. Mostly im just glad its done so i can focus on my next tattoo
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3740 on: 20 Nov 2010, 18:41 »

I've booked in the days for my colour work. Going back down to Melbourne in February to get it finished. Should be another 12-14 hours of work (on top of the 9.5 already done) and another $2000 and I will be even more fantastic than I am now. Happy!

Aurjay

« Reply #3741 on: 20 Nov 2010, 20:05 »

jimmy i cant remember what yours was. From your pic on the other thread i think it was the marvel one but not sure. Either way by the glances i saw its gonna be awesome colored in.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3742 on: 20 Nov 2010, 20:22 »

It is! (check page 76 if you want to see them). I am so excited.

Aurjay

« Reply #3743 on: 20 Nov 2010, 20:24 »

yeah man i definitely cant wait to see it colored in. Im not great with my marvel characters but the hair on the guy next the xmen sign looks spot on. Your definitely getting your money's worth.

Aurjay

« Reply #3744 on: 20 Nov 2010, 23:59 »

Finally done!!

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3745 on: 21 Nov 2010, 00:05 »

Oh cool! While the whole torn flesh tattoo deal is not My Thing I have to say that the detail on that is pretty stunning.

Aurjay

« Reply #3746 on: 21 Nov 2010, 00:15 »

Ya the detail he put into was amazing. My main concern was that it would bleed all together and look like a big colorful ink stain on my arm. He actually individualized a lot of the parts so they almost have 3d quality. The torn flesh honestly is my least favorite part of it as well he did a good job but still kinda stands out too much. O'well too late now and im happy so time to move on to my next one.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3747 on: 21 Nov 2010, 06:37 »

Holy dang that is some well-done tattoo

Aurjay

« Reply #3748 on: 21 Nov 2010, 07:13 »

appreciate it!! I got it done by a parlor right by my base. I think i got really lucky and found a good guy cuz most places like that are just chop shops taking advantage of soldiers.

ackblom12

« Reply #3749 on: 21 Nov 2010, 11:40 »

Fuckin ace Aurjay! That is some great detail work.

I uh, I will not deny I was kind of concerned what the finishing touches would look like considering a lot of the army base tattoo shop work I've seen. Turned out fuckin great though.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 97   Go Up