THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 755436 times)

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #3750 on: 21 Nov 2010, 12:43 »

Thanks everyone!! Ackblom: you have no idea how worried i was about the same thing. Ive seen people get completely screwed by tattoo shops near military bases. Luckily i found a really good one. I paid a good bit for it all but made me a believer in paying for quality.
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3751 on: 21 Nov 2010, 17:32 »

paying for quality.

This is something that a few people I know just do not understand. If you are getting a tattoo, fucking pay for it. Know that you are probably gonna pay quite a bit for it if you want it to be good and last. Don't get your friend who is apprenticing and needs someone to work on to do your tattoo.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3752 on: 21 Nov 2010, 17:50 »

Fuckin' aye! I have so many friends who won't go to one of the best studios in the city because "They're too expensive". THIS IS THE CHEAPEST THING YOU WILL EVER BUY THAT LASTS FOREVER.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3753 on: 21 Nov 2010, 23:53 »

The tattoo parlour I normally go to (which ironically is actually pretty cheap) has a sign that sums it up pretty nicely.

"A good tattoo is not cheap. A cheap tattoo is not good."
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3754 on: 22 Nov 2010, 08:09 »

That's exactly what a tattoo artist would want you to think
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #3755 on: 22 Nov 2010, 09:11 »

Steve and I played D&D for a while with this woman who had the worst Tattoo.  Steve told me she had a bad tattoo before I met her.  She had a bad rose on her ankle and I though that is was he was talking about.  The rose was not great, but no worse than a lot of tattoos I have seen; the kind of thing you and your four best friends get on the boardwalk on vacation somewhere tropical.  Then one day I saw her half sleeve poking out from under her t-shirt. I seriously thought it was marker at first and kept trying to look at it to see what one of her kids had drawn on her.  She saw me looking and proudly displayed to me the outline of a dragon.  It was terrible.  The lines were of uneven thickness and it looked like it was worked at the incorrect depth because some of the lines had bled.  She said she wanted to get it colored in too, but just the outline had cost $50, which was already so much money.  I just stared at her like she was stupid.  The shop I go to has a $50 minimum charge.  My thumbs cost me $50.  I mean, she doesn't seem upset with the quality so I guess there are people who are happy with really bad cheap tattoos. 
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #3756 on: 22 Nov 2010, 10:55 »

All my tattoos have been either cheap or free, but I don't have any huge work, but the line quality on the ones I have is excellent. I'm lucky in the sense that several of my good friends are tattoo artists, one of my best friends works in a shop but does work on close friends in her own home. I probably wouldn't trust a shop that charged me as much as she does though.

I really want to start my half sleeve soon, but I am super broke and it is big. I sorta wanna get a new piercing instead to fend off the itchy.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

nockiemommy

• Emoticontraindication
  • Need a hand?
    • Crochet Blog "One Happy Hooker"
« Reply #3757 on: 22 Nov 2010, 12:31 »

I used to have a MySpace and a tattoo parlor added me. So one day when me and my brother were in Kansas City, we scooted over to their shop. Holy Shitballs Batman, was the place nice. Crappy neighborhood, bars on the windows ... but when we walked in, blam! Leather couches, clean artists ... And they do AWESOME work.

Right now we're waiting to hear from friend to see about a tattoo/piercing party. They do specials, but their quality doesn't suffer. I totally lucked out an found a gem of an artist on freakin' MYSPACE. Oh, and I'll post pics once my piece is done.
I love America. We've been hurt but we also hurt others. You know you never hurt anybody? The ESKIMOS! Do we even know what they look like without those silly coats? Nobody ever talks about invading..wherever the hell they're from. Does anybody even know?

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
« Reply #3758 on: 22 Nov 2010, 14:29 »

My "infinite" arm isn't completely finished. Getting a silhouette of birch trees (without leaves) on one side and a flock of birds flying down my wrist and thumb.

(Apparently my pic is blurry. One arm says "We accept the love we think we deserve" done by Shanghai Kate. The other done by Jenn at Larry Allen's studio)
I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #3759 on: 22 Nov 2010, 21:43 »

Woah shit Hartley you're back!

Sup?
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
« Reply #3760 on: 22 Nov 2010, 22:50 »

I have a Hi I'm New thread but no one freaking responded! And nothing really. The underworld wasn't so much fun.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #3761 on: 22 Nov 2010, 23:06 »

Pff nobody reads that shit.

Are we talking Neal Stephenson cyberpunk underworld or time-sucking gainful employment underworld?
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
« Reply #3762 on: 22 Nov 2010, 23:19 »

Employment. The corporate demons having been sucking my soul out for so long. Luckily I have spares.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3763 on: 02 Dec 2010, 09:33 »

Calling out some folks with opinions. I have probably already agonized over this here and punked out, but of these options, which state should my nose be in?
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #3764 on: 02 Dec 2010, 09:59 »

Ring > Nothing > Stud
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Papersatan

« Reply #3765 on: 02 Dec 2010, 11:00 »

Ring

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3766 on: 02 Dec 2010, 14:17 »

I agree with ring too.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #3767 on: 02 Dec 2010, 14:40 »

I'm gonna echo Jens and say that your face is way too pretty to be stabbed thusly with metal things

yeah i said thusly, what
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

ackblom12

« Reply #3768 on: 02 Dec 2010, 15:11 »

Ring or nothing. The ring compliments things nicely and the stud just looks distracting on your nose I think.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3769 on: 02 Dec 2010, 17:56 »

I like the stud

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3770 on: 02 Dec 2010, 17:59 »

Stud or nada. I don't like the ring.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3771 on: 02 Dec 2010, 19:27 »

I do not like rings, so stud or nothing.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3772 on: 02 Dec 2010, 19:34 »

Nose rings like the one there are, I'm pretty sure, my favourite piercing. So my vote goes there.

I mean, they're all pretty cute, but I have to say I dislike nose studs in general.

ring > nothing >>> stud

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3773 on: 02 Dec 2010, 20:07 »

I like the stud, but I think minimal things are good.

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3774 on: 02 Dec 2010, 20:52 »

James' love for minimalism goes so deep that he doesn't have any hair.

Do you really want to trust that guy?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3775 on: 02 Dec 2010, 20:55 »

Minimalism was the worst art movement to ever happen. But do I trust James? Yes. Dude knows things.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3776 on: 02 Dec 2010, 20:55 »

Specifically he knows things about baking and cooking and how can you not trust him just for that? I mean, have you seen his baked goods?

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #3777 on: 02 Dec 2010, 22:04 »

Ring > Nothing > Stud

This.  If I remember correctly, you posed this question forever again?  I remember because you were the first (and still many few) of people with nose rings that I like.  I still rarely like them, but the ring works for your face.
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

Catacombs

« Reply #3778 on: 02 Dec 2010, 22:32 »

Also, it's been a while since I posted in here, and since then I think I've gotten two tattoos.  So I'll just post pictures of all of them because they make me happy  :lol:

My first one.

I went in with the idea of a swallow, though I didn't have much other than that.  The artist came up with the design and stuff.  I particularly like the shading he did above the rose.  Swallows, according to what I've read, represent safety while traveling, and loyalty to one's home, family, and friends.  I plan on traveling throughout my life but home will forever be a big part of my life.

Second one.

I found this design on deviantart, and it was one of those things where automatically I knew I needed it inked on my body.  Music has always been a big part of my life.  Trees tend to represent growth.  I liked the idea of growing through music.  (the bottom of the tree trunk is a guitar outline!)

Both of those were done by Richie at Starlight Tattoo in Rochelle Park, NJ.  Excellent work, but a little pricey/waitlist.

Third one.

I couldn't help being a little goofy in that second picture.  It's pretty self-explanatory.  I'm a born and raised NJ guy.  I did the first semester of my sophomore year in Florida, and although it was a great experience and certainly would do it again, it definitely wasn't easy being away from something I was so familiar with for so long.  I got it over my heart so home would be with me no matter where I was.  Also, NJ has a cool shape, I think.  Done by Joey at Shotsies Tattoo? in Wayne NJ.  I had to do some searching to find an artist for this one.  The first few shops I went into wanted anywhere between $180-220 for this!  I couldn't believe it, and almost laughed in a few guys faces over it.  Shotsies cost a lot less, and I was literally out of the shop in 10 minutes.

My fourth and most recent one.

Unfortunately, I don't have a great picture of this one, so this one was taken a few hours after it was done.  At the beginning of this summer, my Grandpa had a pretty bad stroke, and though it wasn't easy he made a miraculous recovery over the last 6 months.  We never had super close relationship, since he lived in Florida almost my whole life, but when I lived there for the semester we got to see each other much more than usual and thus got closer.  I got an anchor to symbolize our relationship and what I learned about myself while going through everything that came with him being sick.  Done by Jeff at Shotsies Tattoo? in Wayne NJ.

I've got several more ideas for future work, though only two are concrete, and probably will be happening soon.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3779 on: 02 Dec 2010, 23:34 »

Oh man, I really love your work. That rose and sparrow especially is delightful.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #3780 on: 03 Dec 2010, 01:09 »

I mean, have you seen his baked goods?

Best New Euphemism of the Week Award
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3781 on: 03 Dec 2010, 11:05 »

I would probably make out with you due to the tattoos you have. I really like the old school swallow and rose and anchor and tree but your state tattoo is still not as cool as my someday in the future north dakota one. (where i will tell people sadly that it was supposed to be a rectangle)
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3782 on: 03 Dec 2010, 17:00 »

POST REDACTED FOR BEING A DICK.

I originally posted about not being a fan of your tattoos but I guess that's not really any of my business.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2010, 17:21 by Rizzo »
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3783 on: 03 Dec 2010, 20:39 »

I really like the tree! It's a cool design and trees and guitars are pretty awesome.

Also, Brittany, that would be a hilarious story to overhear you tell some stranger.

Catacombs

« Reply #3784 on: 05 Dec 2010, 16:10 »

Thanks everyone!  I have a bunch of ideas floating around for more, but only two are solid enough that I'm ready to get them done.  Usually every few months I get the itch/happen to have the extra money to spend.  I think I'll have my next by the end of the year.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3785 on: 06 Dec 2010, 02:15 »

:psyduck: No more hipster tattoos.  :psyduck:

edwinalink

• Likes Glitter and 4x4's
« Reply #3786 on: 06 Dec 2010, 05:30 »

Yeah, what good will Ironic Swallows and Pirates be when your smug ass is out of college and using your Philosophy Degree to manage sporting goods at Wal-Mart?

who am I talking to?

the Archetypal Hipster who lives in my head.

his name is Josh.

I made him up just now.

Papersatan

« Reply #3787 on: 06 Dec 2010, 07:13 »

Yeah, what good will Ironic Swallows and Pirates be when your smug ass is out of college and using your Philosophy Degree to manage sporting goods at Wal-Mart?

What good will any tattoos be when you're out of college and trying to find a job? If they are not visible they won't matter at all and if they are they will be equally prohibitive no matter what sub-culture they seem to link you to. 

ackblom12

« Reply #3788 on: 06 Dec 2010, 07:16 »

edwinalink, I'd kindly appreciate it if you either stop posting in this thread or stop being a total asshole. Either one works.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3789 on: 06 Dec 2010, 07:17 »

Yeah, guy.

Don't be dicking on pirates. Pirates are fucking awesome.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3790 on: 06 Dec 2010, 09:39 »

I think he was being sarcastic, but it failed.

Epically.

Epic Fail, dude, Epic Fail.

edwinalink

« Reply #3791 on: 06 Dec 2010, 09:52 »

Why is it when I mock hipsters people here always think I mean THEM.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #3792 on: 06 Dec 2010, 10:00 »

Because I own a pair of jeggings, a lame dress, and go to art school.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3793 on: 06 Dec 2010, 10:01 »

1) There's an obscene amount of hipsters on this thread, though I wouldn't call the past few people who responded hipsters.
2) They're calling you out because, really, what you said was actually pretty rude, even if it wasn't directed to anyone.

benji

« Reply #3794 on: 06 Dec 2010, 10:05 »

Edwinalink, Most of us probably assumed you meant Catacombs, since your comment seemed to be a response to Rizo's response to him saying he was getting more tattoos. That and he has a swallow and an anchor (which isn't a Pirate, but is sort of Piraty). Generally, you came across as being an asshole to a specific poster. Don't whine about people calling you on that shit.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

edwinalink

« Reply #3795 on: 06 Dec 2010, 10:16 »

Because I own a pair of jeggings, a lame dress, and go to art school.

Okay, I own a shocking amount of black, go to art school and like bands with pointy logo's.

what you said was actually pretty rude, even if it wasn't directed to anyone.

I've had plenty worse directed at me in these boards. for something as little as stating I liked a popular band. somehow I got over it. you can't casually ask someone to die in one post, then be like OHBUTTHATSSORUDE! in another.

And I do realize in saying YOU i'm referencing a minimum of two people as one. but hell, for the climate here my posts are pretty Venomless.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #3796 on: 06 Dec 2010, 10:19 »

Yes I hate everyone! Everyone here hates each other, it is not like there are not a large number of people who spend their holidays and fly around the world to see each other.

VENOM!

King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

edwinalink

« Reply #3797 on: 06 Dec 2010, 10:19 »

Edwinalink, Most of us probably assumed you meant Catacombs, since your comment seemed to be a response to Rizo's response to him saying he was getting more tattoos. That and he has a swallow and an anchor (which isn't a Pirate, but is sort of Piraty). Generally, you came across as being an asshole to a specific poster. Don't whine about people calling you on that shit.

Holy shit I didn't connect Rizzo's post to catacombs till just now.

because his aren't really that hipster.

to me hipster is like... getting a Lotus on your throat with the word PASSION over it. or getting stupid shit done on your hands... as though you'll never need a job interview.

I dig most of catacombs tattoo's. particularly the tree.

my bad.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #3798 on: 06 Dec 2010, 10:26 »

Okay, now, not to rag on catacombs tattoos or anything because they are well done and he likes them. But Swallows and anchors are basically the single most hipster tattoos asides from cassette tapes and mustaches
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

edwinalink

« Reply #3799 on: 06 Dec 2010, 10:27 »

Actually I can dig the Anchor...

Swallows aren't my thing...

But the anchor is... OK.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 97   Go Up