CIV 4
« on: 23 Oct 2005, 23:47 »

any fanatics out here in QC Land?
why do ants hide behind trees?

to trip elephants of course!

jbhelfrich

CIV 4
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2005, 13:07 »

Yep.  Nobody had stocked it yet when I went around looking for it last night, though, which is the only reason I'm at work today.

DavidGrohl

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
CIV 4
« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2005, 13:47 »

Yea, I love the Civilization and Alpha Centauri series.  I just don't know about civilization 4 though.  Let me know how it plays, please. :)

CHEESEGOD

CIV 4
« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2005, 19:12 »

Quote from: DavidGrohl
Yea, I love the Civilization and Alpha Centauri series.  I just don't know about civilization 4 though.  Let me know how it plays, please. :)

I had Civ 3, it was fun.

You joined on my birthday.

starrydagger

• Not quite a lurker
CIV 4
« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2005, 19:52 »

just announced that civ4 and civ3 complete will be coming out for mac which means I wont ahve to buy a pc, just a better mac
why do ants hide behind trees?

to trip elephants of course!

*BB3*

CIV 4
« Reply #5 on: 28 Oct 2005, 01:18 »

WOOT ANOTHER CIV
i am a civ fanatic i am afraid - i sold civ one a few weeks back as i had stopped playing it but i have civ 2 and 3 with all addons!!! :P so i can't wait for a new one!!!
i am also a C&C nut but only for the 3rd person games lol not generals or renegade - i'd kill for a new NOD vs COD Gamce or Red Alert 3!!!! i still have command and conquer (the old origional game that started this run), red alert 1 with all its addons, tiberian sun & firestorm, Red Alert 2 with Yuri's Revenge!

n then there's all the star trek armarda games ... i'll stop there!
not much of a fanatic...
pete

Kthak

CIV 4
« Reply #6 on: 28 Oct 2005, 04:50 »

It is games like Civ 4 which make me wish I had more money. I can't buy it  yet! Grr...

DavidGrohl

CIV 4
« Reply #7 on: 28 Oct 2005, 19:29 »

Just bought it and played it.  Great game!  It's like a more extended version of Civ3 in more of a Civ1 type fashion.  Oh . . and corruption and pollution are gone. :D

Grumpus

CIV 4
« Reply #8 on: 28 Oct 2005, 19:42 »

Must. Get. That. Game.

I've kind of gone of games a bit lately mainly due to an aging computer but I'm hoping this will work. I love strategy games and civ is the king of stratagy.

Luke

CIV 4
« Reply #9 on: 28 Oct 2005, 22:55 »

Civ 3 + cheats = best game ever!

Definitely going to see about getting #4 now.

*BB3*

CIV 4
« Reply #10 on: 29 Oct 2005, 01:13 »

no corruption or pollution???? wot the hell replaced it then???
pete

zmeiat_joro

CIV 4
« Reply #11 on: 29 Oct 2005, 06:46 »

I'm a purist, I only play Civ 1, although 2's not bad either. Somehow I doubt I'll like Civ4, but we'll see. I should read some reviews.... AC was great, though.
I, for one, welcome the fragmentation of deeper levels of shared reality.

*BB3*

CIV 4
« Reply #12 on: 29 Oct 2005, 13:38 »

personally i do prefer civ 3 to civ 2 - not just the graphics - its nicer game play etc and i do kinda like the look of civ 4 - time will tell i am getting it for crimble - my best m8 just ordered it for me today - wot a nice girl eh???
pete

1patheticloser

CIV 4
« Reply #13 on: 29 Oct 2005, 14:57 »

The icon for the wonder "The Internet" is Al Gore. That's fucking awesome.

*BB3*

CIV 4
« Reply #14 on: 29 Oct 2005, 14:59 »

who's al gore??? i know the name vaguely...n i think i am about to get lectured,,,,

btw all who like civ go to this site - http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ4/music/BabaYetu.mp3 - its one of the new ingame tracks for civ 4 n its bloody amazing for an ingame track if u ask me!!!
pete

1patheticloser

CIV 4
« Reply #15 on: 29 Oct 2005, 17:02 »

Al Gore was the Vice President under Bill Clinton from 1992 until 2000, when he ran, and lost, to George W. Bush. He is famous for claiming to have "invented" the internet, although as it turns out, he moreso mearly claimed to have brought the internet to the state it is in today.

*BB3*

CIV 4
« Reply #16 on: 29 Oct 2005, 17:04 »

lol that explains y i recognise the name!!!!! lol
thanks for the info i don't feel such a muppet now!!!
pete

Luke

CIV 4
« Reply #17 on: 29 Oct 2005, 19:00 »

A polite request to "pete": please refrain from using internetspeak. We don't really do that here. Thanks!

I never like a new version of a game when I first play it, but I always stick with it because I know I'll adapt eventually. This was true with Roller Coaster Tycoon, Descent, and SimCity (twice). I expect that it will be the same with Civilization as well.

*BB3*

CIV 4
« Reply #18 on: 30 Oct 2005, 02:09 »

civ i think improved with time same for sim city - however roller coaster tycoon 2 and 3 probably only sold because roller coaster tycoon itself didn't work on xp - basterds!!!

just so you know = BTW means by the way and i am sorry its my usually typing shorthand that most people recognise and therefore i thought nothing of it when i typed it - sorry!!!!

anyway til someone else posts - goodbye!
Pete

PS: if i use any other shorthand tell me what i am doin - i am not about to type out the word "why" though - LOL (Laugh out loud - not literally - just to say that something it vaguely amusing to ones self :P)

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
CIV 4
« Reply #19 on: 30 Oct 2005, 14:27 »

Uh, it's not that we don't understand your lazy internet abbreviations. It's that we don't like them. It is not difficult to type in regular English.

On topic: I missed Civ 3 but I'm hoping I'll be able to get hold of 4. Civ 2 took many hours of my life - and i liked it.

*BB3*

CIV 4
« Reply #20 on: 30 Oct 2005, 14:28 »

probably not and it probably does not take much to understand huh
ok i will try to speak properly for you
is this any better???

:P

pete

Kelamin

• Balloon animal serial killer
CIV 4
« Reply #21 on: 01 Nov 2005, 21:15 »

you still get pollution from nuke strikes and instead of normal pollution u get global warming.

civ4 = teh seks
"I miss you cupcake"

zmeiat_joro

CIV 4
« Reply #22 on: 02 Nov 2005, 01:30 »

Reportedly there is this thing called city health that gets worse with factories and such. Looking nifty, I might need a slight upgrade, though. I'm at the minimum requirements, only my CPU's a bit faster. Minimum requirements are usually really minimum, though; to play without any trouble with a minimum of features you need something closer to the recommended requirements... I suppose some more RAM will do.
I, for one, welcome the fragmentation of deeper levels of shared reality.

Kelamin

• Balloon animal serial killer
CIV 4
« Reply #23 on: 02 Nov 2005, 01:46 »

yeah, it's pretty much the same as what pollution was in older civs
"I miss you cupcake"

*BB3*

CIV 4
« Reply #24 on: 02 Nov 2005, 14:02 »

OOH YAY ok i really can't wait....why is christmas so damn far away *sniff*
basically Civ4 is set to rock this world and i just can't wait!!!!
pete

Oerdin

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
CIV 4
« Reply #25 on: 02 Nov 2005, 15:02 »

Anyone up for a civ4 game in about two hours?  I'll be in the lobby at 5pm Pacific time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up