THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 03:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So, hey, Bleach.  (Read 12356 times)

Digs

So, hey, Bleach.
« on: 24 Oct 2005, 13:24 »

I like it. Maybe some of you lot do?

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2005, 14:10 »

I use it to clean my toilet bowl, yeah...

Not really sure I "like" it, per se...
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

KID

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2005, 16:28 »

as obvious by my icon, i love the show. hooray for downloaded subbed episodes.

and for confused readers, we're talking about anime, not cleaner(as far as i know, anyways)

Bunnyman

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2005, 21:24 »

I prefer ecologically friendly substitutes...Oxybrite currently.  I do so love those blindingly white socks.

Elsewise, I have no idea.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2005, 00:26 »

Yeah, I was kinda confused. I was certain Digs was talking about drinking it, or something...

What's it about?
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

KID

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2005, 14:09 »

it starts off with Kurosaki Ichigo (guy on left of Avi) who can see ghosts. this girl Rukia (A 'Death god', similar to the Reaper) enters his room. his house is attackied but a Holow(evil spirit) and rukia is forced to give Ichigo her Death god powers. she trains him in the way of Death god, until her arrest. he then follows her to Soul Society(heaven) to rescue her.

basic premise, and a bit long-winded, but it's quite good.

ASturge

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #6 on: 25 Oct 2005, 14:20 »

The guy getting beaten in your avatar looks like a character from Spirited Away.

Connection?

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #7 on: 25 Oct 2005, 14:22 »

That sounds pretty interesting.  Is it on any channel or just dvd/vhs?

Digs

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #8 on: 25 Oct 2005, 15:24 »

It actually isn't on anything just yet, unless you speak Japanese. There are fansubs, but not unless you've got the "phat pipes", as the kids are often wont to say. I think Viz publishes the manga, you can support things that way.

KID

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #9 on: 25 Oct 2005, 15:25 »

The only palce i know to get the Episodes is here. hope you don't mind subtitles, but the Japaneese viouce acting is beautiful.

and to digs, sorry for bogarting the thread

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #10 on: 25 Oct 2005, 15:35 »

I believe you are right Digs, I think Viz uses it as a shonen jump manga.

Myself I have not really seen much of it, really only the preview that Shonen Jump provided

Digs

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #11 on: 25 Oct 2005, 15:39 »

Quote from: KID
Nyah, sorry, see? Nyah.

Not at all! I am pleased to need to explain less.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #12 on: 25 Oct 2005, 15:48 »

Thank you, gentlemen.

Digs

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #13 on: 25 Oct 2005, 16:26 »

Anytime, Ray.

KID

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #14 on: 25 Oct 2005, 16:27 »

you are quite welcome

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #15 on: 26 Oct 2005, 03:48 »

I haven't seen any of the anime, but I did read the manga for a bit. Up until #7, I haven't actually seen past that in the shops. It struck me as anime http://maze.icomix.com/comicpage/index1.html">Irritability with more story and fewer puns. Not no puns by any means, but definately fewer.

Also, better art.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

darkhorizons

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #16 on: 31 Oct 2005, 13:39 »

Kid, is the anime only up to around 55 but the manga up around 201?

Because I don't GET it!  

I just got into Bleach (a lot) around three weeks ago.  Heard about it through another webcomic I read regularly.  

So is the show going to get up to the 200s eventually and is just running behind the manga, or is there more than one part of the manga per episode?

Digs

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #17 on: 03 Nov 2005, 16:45 »

The manga is probably being counted in chapters, considering where it's published. I dunno if there're any Bleach tankobon yet, but if there are, they probably collect chapters in groups of seven or so.

lingy

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #18 on: 08 Nov 2005, 19:26 »

I was Rukia for halloween! its in the halloween picture post x3

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #19 on: 08 Nov 2005, 20:15 »

I used to watch bleach when I was in Japan. It goes in my books under nothing special...
GITS SAC(Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) was so much better and costs about the same to buy. Most of the older anime are better to. Samurai Champloo, now that's innovative.
Watch SAC and SC instead.
I find so much of the anime produced is just like TV shows in the west, most of it is dire but there are some gems. The whole raving Otaku movement has convinced a large number of people that absolutely terrible anime is utter genius when really it's just cartoons with a different style and more swords/jumping. Need I mention Samurai Girl?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #20 on: 10 Dec 2005, 17:49 »

Sorry for the bit of necromancy, but i just finished watching the series (all of the episodes, up to 60) and have a few things to say

First, HOLY FUCK!

Second, i really enjoy this series, it starts off just giving you a basic idea of how things work, then gradually builds until you understand how and why soul society is how it is. I especially love how all the character have subplots, even the shinigami captains. It really helps flesh out the series, rather than it constantly being "YARR ICHIGO FIGHT PERSON."

*SPOILERS*

I was very surprised with some of the choices made while in soul society, like Ishida sacrificing his Quincy powers just to beat that captain, and the whole Aizen/Gin/Tousen bit really threw me for a loop. My main hope is that Hatsugaya and Hinamori arent really dead, because while hinamori was somewhat of a background character, Hatsugaya was awesome. Ice Dragon Bankais FTW.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

darkhorizons

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #21 on: 11 Dec 2005, 16:41 »

SPOILERZ!

In my opinion, Hinamori can go die.  She was whiny and annoying.  

But Hatsugaya was my absolute favourite person in the entire series (except for maybe Ishida).  And then they had to go and kill him!  GASP AND NO!

Do you know if he got his soul sleep/chain link though?  He looked pretty dead, but you have to be pretty prescise in your stabbing to kill a death god, do you not?  Unless they're like...left there?

----

The Aizen thing was sort of predictable as far as I see it.  Mostly because of Gin's connections with him and the fact that they wouldn't leave the fact that he died alone.  If he wasn't going to come back into the story, it would have only been around 10 episodes when they stopped talking about him, not 20+ like it actually was.

Tousen (blind guy?) really threw me for a loop there, though.  He looked pretty innocent, more like a hardcore shinigami captain than anything.

I just sort of want to know what's going on with Juushiro, Shunsui, and Shigekuni.  Wtf.

The Neko

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #22 on: 12 Dec 2005, 07:55 »

I have watched up to 35 and then the website let me down....

So if like... somone wants to email them to me or somthing.... Yeah....

neomang5

• Curry sauce
So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #23 on: 12 Dec 2005, 11:17 »

Ok, when i get home, i'll build you a YSI, 'kay Neko?

MORE SPOILERS LAWL

My whole surprise with Aizen was because i knew there was something more, but i didnt think Gin was on his side at all, if anyone i suspected Kira, because he seemed to not LOATHE Aizen, like Gin did. I dont think ANYONE saw Tousen being involved, what with his fanatical tie to "Justice."

How cool was it that Kyoraku and Ukitake destroyed Shinsou? I mean the thing was essentially a giant fucking phoenix, and they just blew it to pieces!

Also, BANKAI! Ichicgo's Bankai is wicked cool, and i especially liked the whole fact that his normal Zanpakuto was huge, while the bankai is fairly normal. Who'da thunkit that he could block all the 1000 cherry blossoms in captain Kuchiki's Bankai. Also, Komamura's Bankai is awesome looking, if not strong (i mean Zaraki beat it himself, weak.)
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

darkhorizons

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #24 on: 12 Dec 2005, 12:41 »

WARNING:  OMGZ MORE SPOILERZZ!

You could tell that Gin didn't really hate Aizen because of the way he talked to him.  Not with hate but sort of a making-fun-of sort of companionship, if you know what I mean.   But that's more in retrospect than anything.

Holy, I was so surprised that they would go that far and destroy the Shinsou, and how many people were actually on Ichigo's side in the end.  It starts out with them all plotting his death then all of the sudden they're all comrades in arms.

I thought Ichigo would be the one to destroy the Shinsou, though.

I expected a lot more from Ichigo's bankai, I think.  Like some massive hollow-monster-esque type thing, not some light.  But it works out so much cooler.

It seems like Kuchiki's bankai has had like 5 levels already.  Is that just me?  Because it goes shikai (where his blade dissolves) then bankai with the swords in the ground, and bankai with the floaty swords.  I hope it's not like DBZ where they introduce a new extreme every three epidodes - all "Yes!  Now I'm a SUPER SAIYEN, the highest power EVER!  OH BUT WAIT!  Now I'm a super-duper quaduple saiyen!  It never ends!"

neomang5

• Curry sauce
So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #25 on: 12 Dec 2005, 17:02 »

IM SO SORRY NEKO! YSI only allows one file at a time, and my wizip decided to break. What i can do is refer THIS site. You have to be a member, but its free, and pretty damn easy. This can also be for anyone else who wants to check them out.

REVENGE OF THE SPOILERS

I dont think they will, as Kuchiki got his ass whupped, and so far noone else has had weird bankai like that. I also liked how Ichigo didnt destroy the Shinsou, because it made it less focused around him

And I hate Gin, because his face never betrays anything, so he could be joking, or murderously serious.

darkhorizons

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #26 on: 12 Dec 2005, 18:45 »

Neko, if the portal doesn't work (I LOVE BLEACHPORTAL! </fangirl>) PM me your e-mail address and I'll add you to msn or something then send you bleach until the series ends or one of us dies.

EDIT WITH SPOILERZ OH THE HORROR:

I basically wanted to kill Gin after what he did to Rukia on the bridge, but part of me still likes him because he makes the story so damned interesting.  It would be nice to see him frown or open his eyes sometime, though.

Sideways

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #27 on: 13 Dec 2005, 09:52 »

My roommate got me into this show.  He downloaded the first 26 episodes.  
The beauty of an external HD:

Him: Two weeks, off and on, of downloading to get the episodes.
Me: 2 minutes of transfering files to my external HD (which I just brought into his room and plugged into his compy)

:)

Bleach is pretty awesome.  I'm only up to episode 13, and I'm loving it!  The father fucking cracks me up!

darkhorizons

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #28 on: 13 Dec 2005, 14:37 »

Wow, two weeks?  I got all 40-something starting episodes in around two days off of Bleachportal.  Was your roommate downloading torrents or what?

The father is definitely like the best character ever, but you don't see him much after something like 20.  I miss him.

Sideways

So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #29 on: 13 Dec 2005, 15:49 »

He uses bittorrent, yeah... and also consider that he's usually only home for one or two nights out of every week.  He spends most of his evenings at his GF's place.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
So, hey, Bleach.
« Reply #30 on: 13 Dec 2005, 19:39 »

The dad is funny, but you cant help but laugh at Don Kan'onji.
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Also, he is very annoying in large doses, so hes in like 3 episodes. But he's hilarious when he's around. Especially how he introduces himself in ep. 33
SPIRITS ARE AAALWAYS WITH YOU!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up