THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 17:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Campaign by Wikipedians Threaten Webcomics: A call to arms!  (Read 16072 times)

Warmada

In case some of you have not been paying attention, a group of Wikipedians have been trying to delete articles on Webcomics, and are (at times) proudly displaying their kills. While this is "technically" not against Wikipedia policy, these certian users tend to base their opinions on what is "Worthy" and "Unworthy" solely on Alexa Ratings. While this is again, the accepted system, at time they refuse to count other factors, and consider that many of the articles on Webcomics are purely advertising.

Plese note your favorite webcomic's articles on Wikipedia, and if a VFD is started by any of the following poeple, please petition to keep it, help edit it to better standards, or at least tell me in this thread so I can try. According to their system, the article on Indie Tits should be deleted, and Jeph's page should be merged with the QC article.

--Warmada
Self Proclaimed Defender of QC Wikipedia, July 8th-Present

Warmada

Campaign by Wikipedians Threaten Webcomics: A call to arms!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2005, 19:44 »

User:Hahnchen
User:Dragonfiend

I Will update as I find more. We must be extra careful to argue points with these and others fairly and not get anrgy, as that furthers causes of Deletion.

Good Luck
Warmada

decklin

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2005, 20:12 »

While this person appears to be a flaming moron, I don't know if sending a bunch of people over to watch for VfDs (who wouldn't already have anyway) is a good idea. Some things *are* non-notable, and people should vote because they care about Wikipedia, not because they care about the subject of their pet article.

Best thing to do, probably, is work on WP:COMIC. That talk page, though... my eyes, the burning. Let's spend 20 pages of heated back-and-forth coming to earth-shattering conclusions like "you probably shouldn't write the article for your own comic, hurrrrr!"!

That said, I will gladly vote against *any* VfD mooted entirely on the basis of numbers. The google test is something you use to support evidence, not evidence itself.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2005, 21:08 »

It's a waste of time. Just use the http://www.comixpedia.org">ComixPedia webcomics wiki instead.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2005, 22:13 »

interesting fact: Warmada was the dude who started the "Jeph is dead" prank on wiki.

Warmada

« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2005, 15:22 »

Quote from: est
interesting fact: Warmada was the dude who started the "Jeph is dead" prank on wiki.

Yes, yes, but July 8th (about a week after that) was the day I decided that Jeph is awesome enough not to be pranked with, and set it as my duty to keep QC vandal-free and stuff, as a way to clear my consience.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #6 on: 25 Oct 2005, 16:00 »

ok, that's cool i think.  glad you didn't deny it.

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
« Reply #7 on: 25 Oct 2005, 16:02 »

And we are all sooo relieved that Jeph is "awesome enough" now for you to honour QC's wiki article with your mad guardian skillz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up