THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 15 Apr 2024, 23:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Explosions in the Sky  (Read 3374 times)

ramenXnoodles

Explosions in the Sky
« on: 26 Oct 2005, 19:20 »

Which album should I get? I've liked them for a while, and just downloaded a live set and it blew me away.

So which should I get? I'm thinking about The Earth is Not a Cold, Dead Place.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Explosions in the Sky
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2005, 22:57 »

I keep hearing The Earth... although I own Those Who Tell The Truth... so the only conclusion I can draw is "they're both great albums."
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

TheLoweringTide

Explosions in the Sky
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2005, 01:30 »

Everything of theirs is good, but I'd lean a bit toward "Those Who Tell the Truth..."  It really doesn't matter what you start with though.

TheLoweringTide

Explosions in the Sky
« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2005, 20:21 »

I think today marks the first time that a webcomic has provided me with a piece of actual news.  As you can see in the 10/28 strip, the new EITS semi-EP thing has leaked onto the internets, and I thought that since there was already a thread about the band on this page, we might as well discuss it here rather than start a brand new topic.

I'm in the middle of downloading it now, so I haven't heard the whole thing, but the first track is pretty good.  It definitely seems quite a bit brighter/more upbeat than their recent work.  Anyway, I'll post a more complete opinion when I've heard the whole thing.  I'd love to hear other people's thoughts too.

Aziraphale

Explosions in the Sky
« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2005, 22:49 »

I don't know that I would call this a leak, as it was a limited release through the Temporary Residence website that has already shipped out (and sold out for that matter, though the band said [on http://explosionsinthesky.com/] that they would have lots of copies with them on tour).
Semantics aside, the band also stated (again via their website) that they don't mind people downloading this, so here is a torrent link for anyone who hasn't already found it:  http://www.mininova.org/tor/135341.
Also, if I'm wrong and people are not referring to the Travels in Constants EP (I think that The Rescue is the title) linked above, but rather a rough cut of the unfinished album that just happened to leak right around the same time that this EP was released, I would love to be pointed in the right direction if possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up