THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Website servers?  (Read 4155 times)

dessa

Free Website servers?
« on: 11 Oct 2005, 02:17 »

do you know any really good ones, i want to create a movie/music/book review site with playing tips and tabs with tips on the cultivation of plants.

DustyLens

Re: Free Website servers?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2005, 18:01 »

Quote from: dessa
do you know any really good ones, i want to create a movie/music/book review site with playing tips and tabs with tips on the cultivation of plants.

http://www.adakist.com

They simply give you a ****load of stuff.  150 MB storage, 5 GB bandwidth, and (maybe more importantly) NO ads, are all part of their free plan.  Even if you're not into web design, they have tools for easy setup of blogs and such.  The only complaint I have would be the downtime, which will probably decrease as they fine-tune their new servers, and you may be agitated if they decide to not accept your site (explain it in detail, though, and you should be fine).  One of the top reasons for using them would be the personal help, they have live support and forum support daily.

</shamelessplug>, but you'll thank me for it.

dessa

Free Website servers?
« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2005, 18:31 »

do they allow ftp uploading??

DustyLens

Free Website servers?
« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2005, 19:39 »

Yes.

dessa

Free Website servers?
« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2005, 20:25 »

ok, i just applied, and i put the subdomain as whistle, coz it wouldn't let my have Steamwhistle, which is the name of the website i want to make.
The Steamwhistle, latest reviews of music, films and literature, also plant and music tips.
just an idea of what the site is about.

Luke

Free Website servers?
« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2005, 22:39 »

Ooh, 5 gigs per month is not a hefty amount of bandwidth if you plan on getting a decent amount of web traffic in the future. But, then again, you get what you pay for.

I've got my site (plugged below, nurr) hosted at ipowerweb.com. I'm getting 2 gigs of storage (of which I'm currently using 1%) plus 50 gigs bandwidth per month, all for eight bucks a month (which comes to less than $100 a year). This is the best service I've ever found on the internet, mostly because I've never found a free service that offered decent storage or bandwidth quotas.

dessa

Free Website servers?
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2005, 23:09 »

hopefully i can get enough ad space to fund a better server in the future.
for starters, is anyone good at website design, i mean like making graphics and what not, coz im horrible and i need some help.

DAMN!!! looks like some beer company in canada has the name steamwhistle, and the only good logos i could find were from them!!! so they are probably copyrighted!

raquel

Free Website servers?
« Reply #7 on: 07 Nov 2005, 20:12 »

I am hosted at www.startlogic.com with 500MB space (which I am using 1% of) and I have 40GB bandwidth per month. This cost me (er, my parents, rather) $3 a month!

lb969

Free Website servers?
« Reply #8 on: 08 Nov 2005, 19:01 »

I use 1and1 hosting.

5.99 a month

I'm also fairly proficent with webdesign and graphics.

I also do PHP sites. so if you wanted a forum.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up