THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 19:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CS help  (Read 17597 times)

TheRedPaper

Photoshop CS help
« on: 24 Oct 2005, 13:50 »

I have a copy of Photoshop CS. I ink my sketches with the Pen Tool. When I select areas to color, there is an anoying white space between my selection and the "ink". I was reading Jeph's newest tutorial and was wondering how, exactly, he gets Photoshop to expand all of his selections by 2 pixels? Is it even possible in CS, or is it a CS2 thing? That white space has been one of my biggest problems while coloring my drawings. I only have a really crappy mouse to draw with and saving myself the monotony of rubbing all of that white space away after filling my selections would just rock until I purchase a tablet.

Thanks in advance!

torg

Photoshop CS help
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2005, 02:04 »

My PS6 has that feature. Tried looking in the "Selection" menu (if there is one...cant look right now)? Look for "expand" or something like that....

Primate

Photoshop CS help
« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2005, 05:15 »

torg should be right on the money, even for CS. Also, make sure you're putting your colors on a different layer than your inks, and that your paintbucket is set so it is recognizes only the current layer, not all layers (assuming you're using the paintbucket).

TheRedPaper

Photoshop CS help
« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2005, 11:49 »

Wow. I really cannot believe I haven't noticed that there... Yeah, it's under the "Select" menu in the group called "Modify." Hey, thanks for the help!

Mollinda

Photoshop CS help
« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2005, 11:39 »

Quote from: TheRedPaper
I have a copy of Photoshop CS. I ink my sketches with the Pen Tool. When I select areas to color, there is an anoying white space between my selection and the "ink". I was reading Jeph's newest tutorial and was wondering how, exactly, he gets Photoshop to expand all of his selections by 2 pixels? Is it even possible in CS, or is it a CS2 thing? That white space has been one of my biggest problems while coloring my drawings. I only have a really crappy mouse to draw with and saving myself the monotony of rubbing all of that white space away after filling my selections would just rock until I purchase a tablet.

Thanks in advance!

Here's what I do - it is long winded but hey.

do my inking with the brush tool. Gives you lovely smooth lines.

Then colour underneath using the pencil tool - draw round the edges and then fill it if I want to. I much prefer doing it that way.

TheRedPaper

Photoshop CS help
« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2005, 14:03 »

Thats kind of what I used to do. I should have mentioned that I do use the brush option when drawing in my lines. It works okay, for the most part. The physical tools I have are pretty bad, so anything to speed up my coloring process is good. Until I get a tablet, that is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up