THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 06:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: blood brothers = incredamazing.  (Read 8621 times)

theenginedriver

blood brothers = incredamazing.
« on: 10 Nov 2005, 10:30 »

i saw them last night in toronto. it was like watching a fucked-up opera. i was so pleased. i almost got killed, like 6 times. curse being tall and people kicking you in the face. i guess being front middle was asking for it. mewithoutyou played, has anyone heard them? when i closed my eyes they were half-decent, but they did such bizarre things (and i am all for stage antics) that i was turned off. the volcalist was wearing a parka, a rosary and spit. a big spit. and he got out an accordian, so i was excited... but then barely even played it. dredg was incredible, and i don't usually even like them. i didn't even pay attention to coheed. well, i am not sure what the point of this was, i just wanted to let you know how great the blood brothers were live.

L337ninja71

« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2005, 12:02 »

Blood Brothers is like watching an airplane screw a fraight Train! I love em ^^ Saw em in concert last year! Sad thing aboot that concert is I slipped on a condom :( (bummer)

awsome band ^^

RUMBLEMOOSE

« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2005, 12:58 »

I'm actually seeing the same tour you're talking about on Friday, so now I know what to expect out of the first two acts.

Quick question: did they play mostly newer stuff, or did they dip back to their first couple records? And did they play "Under Pressure?" Because I would shit myself and maybe shit a few people around me if they played "Under Pressure."

ASturge

« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2005, 13:14 »

The word Incredamazing is freaking awesome.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2005, 16:49 »

That cover of Under Pressure was pretty damn cool. In fact that whole LP never really drops the ball. I couldn't stand Crimes though, I swapped it for something after a few listens. March On... and Burn... I still rate very highly though, and they always used to put on a good show.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Peter Linfield

Re: blood brothers = incredamazing.
« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2005, 17:22 »

Quote from: theenginedriver
dredg was incredible, and i don't usually even like them.

I love dredg, they're amazing. I've heard good things about Blood Brothers (mainly from dredg fans attending shows), but I haven't heard anything myself.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2005, 18:20 »

Quote from: L337ninja71
Sad thing aboot that concert is I slipped on a condom :( (bummer)

I just skimmed over this the first time I saw it, and now after reglancing at it....

What the fuck?
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Kid Modernist

« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2005, 22:07 »

I saw them and Against Me! play together. I'm sort of bummed because at the time I didn't appreciate the show. I had never heard of them and my girlfriend told me they were like Q and not U, so I was a little WTF'd about it and even left early. Bad move because I listened to Burn Piano Island Burn and Crimes, and that shit is the shit.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #8 on: 10 Nov 2005, 22:09 »

I think if I ever went to a Blood Brothers show the sheer number of scenester kids would make my head explode.

I guess I'm getting old.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #9 on: 10 Nov 2005, 22:18 »

Quote from: Kai
Quote from: L337ninja71
Sad thing aboot that concert is I slipped on a condom :( (bummer)

I just skimmed over this the first time I saw it, and now after reglancing at it....

What the fuck?

I did a double-take at that too.  On reflection, I determined that the poster intended it to be read as "I lost my footing after stepping on a condom", rather than "I rocked out with my cock out - but I made sure I was protected!"

. . . God I hope so, anyway.

thehollow

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Re: blood brothers = incredamazing.
« Reply #10 on: 10 Nov 2005, 22:21 »

Quote from: Peter Linfield
Quote from: theenginedriver
dredg was incredible, and i don't usually even like them.

I love dredg, they're amazing. I've heard good things about Blood Brothers (mainly from dredg fans attending shows), but I haven't heard anything myself.

Sup Buddy?

Dredg kicks copious amounts of ass.

As for blood brothers, I saw them with Dredg and Coheed and Cambria, and I wasn't impressed. I'm gonna check out some of their studio stuff, but from just seeing them live, i didn't like them all that much.

theenginedriver

bllooood.
« Reply #11 on: 10 Nov 2005, 22:28 »

yeah, blood brothers played mostly new stuff. but i did hear a few old song. i was really concentrating too much on the energy. and on moshing my little heart out. and on loving johnny. meeting cody made me infinately happy.

dredg is really good too, i am going to look at them differently from now on.

and it's rather unfortunate to slip on a condom. when i was going up to meeting cody one fell out in front of me. awkward.

Sturge

« Reply #12 on: 11 Nov 2005, 03:16 »

Blood Brothers + Rescue Rooms Nottingham = scenegasm.

Though I fucking love Blood bros, seen then 3 times now, once when they supported Liars.

Liars are odd. But cool, in an odd way...

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #13 on: 11 Nov 2005, 05:36 »

Quote from: jeph
I think if I ever went to a Blood Brothers show the sheer number of scenester kids would make my head explode.

I guess I'm getting old.

No, you just need to learn the art of laughing at them enough to survive it. That's how I got through the last Converge gig I went to. The guy who'd mosh for five seconds then stop to sort his hair out was my favourite.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

rive gauche

« Reply #14 on: 11 Nov 2005, 06:49 »

mosh is a ridiculous word.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #15 on: 11 Nov 2005, 16:06 »

I love the Bloods. I'm listening to Fucking's Greatest Hits right now actually.

ManlyMan

« Reply #16 on: 11 Nov 2005, 18:02 »

I love them and I could not go to that toronto concert :(

I think crimes is pretty good, but nothing like their previous cds.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #17 on: 11 Nov 2005, 18:04 »

Holy shit!
I went to that Toronto show and came here to start this very thread and you beat me to it. I was middle front row too. Maybe we saw eah other and didn't even realise it?
When that guy from MewithoutYou spat that giant glob of mucus into the air and let it fall onto the stage.. I'm not sure what he was trying to do, but that was just nasty. I was not impressed.
Blood Brothers are fucking insane. They're amazing. I don't know what else to say.
Only difference is that I am IN LOVE with Coheed and Cambria (whatever, I am not even going to deny it) and had heard only a few things from the Blood Brothers, they seemed okay. After that show I was BLOWN AWAY. I bought both "Burn, Piano Island, Burn" and "Crimes" the next day and I haven't stopped listening to them. Wow, just wow.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Merkava

« Reply #18 on: 11 Nov 2005, 19:22 »

How can you say no to the sound of cheetahs screaming while fencing with distorted guitars?

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #19 on: 11 Nov 2005, 20:47 »

Quote from: jeph

Pretty much, yeah. I am not even going to attempt to estimate how many emo haircuts there were. It was like a small ocean, surrounding me. NO WAY OUT, MAN
I'm a Coheed fan and all, but the number of kids who bought Coheed shirts and pulled them over on top of what they were already wearing was just mind boggling. I mean jeez, we know you like Coheed, why else would you even be right here watching them.

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
« Reply #20 on: 11 Nov 2005, 20:53 »

Quote from: ManlyMan
I love them and I could not go to that toronto concert :(

I think crimes is pretty good, but nothing like their previous cds.

I couldn't go either. I should have. I've liked them for a while, to the surprise of all my friends, hearing them for the first time like two years ago when Burn , Piano Island, Burn came out. That album's awesome. All I gotta say is "BOLYMIC RAINBOWS VOMIT, WHAT!".

PS: Manly, if you go to UTM, I'll totally plotz.
I like the way you work it.

RUMBLEMOOSE

« Reply #21 on: 12 Nov 2005, 00:51 »

Re: line about bulimic rainbows vomiting what: they actually have a t-shirt with that line on the bottom. It's pink. Count on the Blood Brothers for pink t-shirts.

I just got back from the show (only in Worcester instead of Toronto) myself. It was really good; I didn't think I'd like Mewithoutyou or Dredg, but I liked both. I may eventually pick up a copy of one of those Dredg albums even.

Funny thing was, the amount of scenesters there to see the Blood Brothers was almost nil, because the entire place was teeming with 14-year-old scenester kids there for the Coheeds. And not to bash on the scenesters too much: they were nice enough to let me have a sightline to the bands. Yay for short girls in front, tall boys in back.

And no they did not play Under Pressure. Actually I think they only played four songs from Burn, Piano Island, Burn and everything else was off Crimes. I think they would've sounded way better if the guitar was mixed a little louder; for some reason only the Coheeds had any oomph in their guitar sound out of all four bands.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #22 on: 12 Nov 2005, 06:35 »

Wait.. Coheed and Cambria, the really boring prog band, is touring with The Blood Brothers? How do they fit together in anyway? I mean, for starters, one is actually interesting.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #23 on: 12 Nov 2005, 08:04 »

I guess it is because they boith have really eerily high pitched voices.
Everyone asked this and I put so much thought into it and that's about the only thing I can find that both bands have in common. It is the high shrieky vocals tour.

Coheed can be interesting! They have songs about.. umm, monsters. And a guy named Claudio! He's going on an ADVENTURE.
They were really good live so whatever.
I am not ashamed to wear my Coheed shirt at all.

SpacemanSpiff

« Reply #24 on: 12 Nov 2005, 08:12 »

To me, that tour makes perfect sense. Then again, I love Coheed & Cambria and Blood Brothers (and Dredg is awesome too).
The problem here is: I live in Europe, and that line-up will never tour here. So I tried to see the bands on their own, but missed the Blood Brothers because nobody wanted to go there with me and I couldn't afford the gas bill for a 600km trip to see them on my own.
So now I only saw Coheed and will see Dredg soon. Oh, well.

theenginedriver

« Reply #25 on: 12 Nov 2005, 22:39 »

hey ephemere...

it would be awesomem if we saw each other! hah.. oh man, what an incredible show. i am really happy that someone else experienced it too. i might have watched coheed but i was too busy talking to this really neat person i met. and i was exhausted from blood brothers. when they were finished i just ran to the bathroom and stuck my head in the sink for 5 minutes.

saturnine1979

« Reply #26 on: 13 Nov 2005, 09:20 »

aahhhh... now i really want to listen to some Blood Brothers.

but i don't think my roommate would appreciate the beautiful howling and shrieking.

LIVE!Forever

« Reply #27 on: 15 Nov 2005, 00:57 »

when i went a year ago or so it was kind of surprising how many of the kids were just sitting around pretending to be cool and disinterested. but it was pretty fun, although i must have been one of the oldest there.

Impulse

« Reply #28 on: 16 Nov 2005, 12:54 »

Blood Brothers irritate me, and always have. They were the first album to get tossed out my girlfriend's apartment window when we broke up.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #29 on: 16 Nov 2005, 14:52 »

You should have given it to ME.

Conatonc

« Reply #30 on: 16 Nov 2005, 22:20 »

I saw this show way back at the end of September. I love Dredg and C&C, and I tried to give Blood Bothers a fair chance. I had to leave the auditorium after about 15 minutes, though. They're just so horrible- I can't take two vocalists screaming nonstop through every single song. I'm not even sure what the music is like because all I can remember is the screaming. It's just not for me, I guess. I wasn't real impressed with the Mewithoutyou guy's monotone spoken vocals, either.

AdamIsConceited

« Reply #31 on: 17 Nov 2005, 12:19 »

I love the Blood Brothers.

RUMBLEMOOSE

« Reply #32 on: 17 Nov 2005, 12:58 »

By "monotone spoken vocals" do you mean "spastic shouted vocals" or did we see them on very, very different nights?

And how did you leave the auditorium and get back inside to see the Coheeds? Was it not hella crowded? Did you have a secret exit?
Pages: [1]   Go Up